Growing Tropical Fruit In Idaho…Natural Geothermal Greenhouses

Onsen Farms on Facebook is the place to go if you want to see amazing greenhouses heated with hot water springs…no electricity involved! They also cool and warm their homes with the water! We will be doing more in this series as we couldn’t show it all in one video. They are setting up a school to help others learn about these systems. Go say hi on facebook and let them know we sent you!

Our Website!

Home

Shop at our Amazon Store: http://astore.amazon.com/edibleoasisid-20?node=2&page=3

Patreon Family: http://www.patreon.com/Dirtpatcheaven

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Dirtpatcheaven/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dirtpatcheaven/

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/Dirtpatcheaven/

NaturalHappy Beauty Channel: http://bit.ly/2ao8COC

1. Matthew Kaczer on December 4, 2020 at 9:11 pm

It’s too bad you planted orinoco bananas they are sooooo basic, you could have had something nice like Namwah or Apple. it’s quite the greenhouse. Lots of shade I notice πŸ™

2. Tina Gallagher on December 4, 2020 at 9:12 pm

I miss growing bananas!

3. cody cheney on December 4, 2020 at 9:18 pm

I guess that I should have watched till the end … did they have a website ? I didn’t see that you put it in the info part ! ? I would really like that if they have one !

4. C L on December 4, 2020 at 9:23 pm

lots of competition for hot wells ?

5. Clare Krishan on December 4, 2020 at 9:24 pm

Fascinating, look forward to next installment!

6. Michigansnowpony on December 4, 2020 at 9:24 pm

I saw (and felt!) warm rivers while in Iceland and nearly all of that country’s energy is generated via geothermal means — lots and lots of hot springs in Iceland. You find a lot of shallow "hotpots" (what we could call hot tubs) in people’s backyards all heated naturally. I didn’t know there were places (besides Yellowstone) in the US where such resources existed. Very interesting! Too bad hot springs aren’t more prevalent so more people could tap into (bad pun intended!) them for systems like this.

7. Mi Lo on December 4, 2020 at 9:26 pm

Can you share the cost of the green house only?

8. All Sorts on December 4, 2020 at 9:27 pm

Love the set up…the water running thru the property like that…interesting. Love the banana trees! Thanks for bringing us along!!

9. MAINEiac Grammie's Homestead on December 4, 2020 at 9:29 pm

wow very nice ..Thanks for sharing..we do have an artian well they are great..πŸ‘

10. Simple Tek on December 4, 2020 at 9:30 pm

I’m sooo happy to see how your channel has grown. It wasn’t explosive, you did it over years by blood, sweat, and tears and never gave up. I’m a huge fan of how hard you worked on it and LOVE so many of your videos. You’re a mentor to me and my channel and I hope someday to make videos as good as yours…. I’m learning… slowly…

11. Unconventional Me on December 4, 2020 at 9:31 pm

So, did you get to go to the neighbor’s place with the older established citrus trees?

12. cody cheney on December 4, 2020 at 9:33 pm

Is this the green houses that are just outside of Hagerman ? I know that when my parents lived there that they could get lemons and all kinds of great fruits as well as used the hot water for everything ! I just wish that I could remember the name of the owners !

13. ShinerBock2007 on December 4, 2020 at 9:39 pm

My bananna under a lot of pressure….looking at the chick in black……..needing a release…dripping lots of nectar…..

14. Vilony N on December 4, 2020 at 9:39 pm

wow, this is so brilliant! you should try to plant mango or any too

15. June Gaul on December 4, 2020 at 9:41 pm

Thank you for sharing with usπŸ‘πŸ’“πŸ™‚

16. Rocks Corner on December 4, 2020 at 9:49 pm

Oh, only in my wildest dreams. sigh.

17. Quake Lake Homeplace on December 4, 2020 at 9:52 pm

Oh my! I could spend a week, a month, or more just soaking all of that up and learning more – fascinating and I would so love the opportunity to visit there! Thank you for sharing this. πŸ™‚ What an inspiration and a confirmation that it can happen.

18. Star Gazer on December 4, 2020 at 9:57 pm

Love the stairway to heaven….( or the top of the banana ‘tree’ )

19. Tropical fruit Gardening Canberra on December 4, 2020 at 9:58 pm

Nice job πŸ‘πŸ»

20. The Oregon Tale on December 4, 2020 at 10:04 pm

Oooh I love the cat walk and the banana tree. So cool. Hoping we come up with an artisian well when they drill! -Dede

21. Darya on December 4, 2020 at 10:05 pm