HERB GARDENS BEGINNERS GUIDE || HOW TO || GARDEN BASICS

Colossians 3:23-24 “And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Master Messiah”

ETSY STORE: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MomentsfromtheMnTn
Favorite the shop to be notified of the herb or product of the month!

Little House in now on TeeSpring! https://teespring.com/stores/moments-…

To Support This Channel & For Bonus Content:
www.patreon.com/littlehouseonthemountain

For Business Inquiries or communications:
Email – leaandjamesd@gmail.com

Insta@ourlittlehouseonthemountain

Grove Collaborative Link (cleaning, lifestyle, and household products) https://www.grove.co/referrer/41329782

Thrive Market Link (Discount Organic Food) : http://thrv.me/3Nziey

Misfits Market Produce (Discount Organic Produce): COOKWME-GL5CGV
Misfits Coupon Code 25% when you use the code

iHERB Referral Link (vitamins, herbs): https://www.iherb.com?rcode=HSF050

Lucky Vitamin Referral Link(vitamins, herbs): http://refer.luckyvitamin.com/s/Lea06

JUICE PLUS & TOWER GARDEN:
Juice Plus: www.l-r2.juiceplus.com
Tower Garden: www.l-r2.towergarden.com

MINISTRY CHANNEL: James and Lea D
www.youtube.com/philiaministries
WEBSITE: www.philiaministries.org

::Write to Us!::
Little House On The Mountain
P.O. Box 151
Oxford, NJ
07863

1. Felicia raliae on December 4, 2020 at 9:10 pm

It’s obvious now Dr.ademiso has got the permanent cure for herpes unless you ain’t keeping up to date

2. Faustina Sam on December 4, 2020 at 9:12 pm

3. Lindsay Goodwin on December 4, 2020 at 9:12 pm

Well done video, and it gave m Ed some good info… but it wasn’t exactly wgat I was looking for. I feel like based on the title it tealkef too much about WHY I should grow herbs, and how you can use them, but not enough about HOW to grow them. I want to know more about pot size, germination, soil composition (and if you can use LECA), sun and heat required for each herb, and different growing conditions (indoor v outdoor) which you covered a little, but not enough.

The part about which herbs are the hardiest was very useful, but not quite a "beginner’s guide."

4. Little House On The Mountain on December 4, 2020 at 9:14 pm

USDA Plant Hardiness Map : https://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/
    Hardy Perennial Herbs to get you started: Oregano, Thyme, Mint or Lemon Balm (or both!), Rosemary

5. Deesse deG on December 4, 2020 at 9:15 pm

I would love some tips on the basil! I have a very small plant and I don’t know how to make it thrive. How do I encourage growth on the bottom instead of it growing in length? I’d like to see some more leaves! πŸƒ πŸ’ž

6. Braiytryene Gibbons on December 4, 2020 at 9:20 pm

This was an awesome video about herbs . I’m growing some and you gave me a few more ideas.

7. carolyn moody on December 4, 2020 at 9:20 pm

great video πŸ‘ Blessings

8. Candel Motylinski on December 4, 2020 at 9:21 pm

I’ve had an interest in gardening for AGES and kill literally everything I come in contact with. Finally turning to Youtube tutorials ~ wish me luck, I’ll come back if it works for me!!

9. alpha fam on December 4, 2020 at 9:21 pm

I’m starting my planting journey in a plastic standing garden! My favorite herbs are Basil, Cilantro, Parlsey, and Rosemary. Pray for me!!! Give me your advice. God bless!!!

10. Aerdna Nidrah on December 4, 2020 at 9:21 pm

Basil rosmary and lavender??mint

11. jessica nelson on December 4, 2020 at 9:22 pm

Hi

12. Elizabeth on December 4, 2020 at 9:25 pm

You are so good at this, well done and thank you!

13. Kai'Lea The Boss on December 4, 2020 at 9:25 pm

Give us an herb salad combination recipe! Loved this! I definitely had questions about watering when first starting. I’m going to try one herb in a container

14. BleuSkiddew on December 4, 2020 at 9:26 pm

I was thinking of growing some of these above a fish tank with watering wicks dipped into the tank. I would imagine the herbs could grow quite vigorously under the aquarium light and utilize some of the fish waste.

15. Herbal DT CH on December 4, 2020 at 9:28 pm

Jom Tengok Khasiat Herbal-Herbal Semulajadi Yang Boleh Kita Amalkan Untuk Kesihatan di Youtube Herbal DT CH https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHQkWdUUm8FVbcyO_U3TpOg

16. Mark Olson on December 4, 2020 at 9:28 pm

Doing this is an absolute necessity in most of Canada during the winter if you want any fresh herbs. Thanks for posting this.

17. Jennifer Marcil on December 4, 2020 at 9:29 pm

Please consider making a video on harvesting the herbs and storing them. πŸ™

18. Faustina Sam on December 4, 2020 at 9:32 pm

19. Kaye Anne on December 4, 2020 at 9:32 pm

I started with aloe then basil and then got brave enough to start a small garden …now that i know a bit more I feel more prepared for my fall garden that I just got planted this past couple weeks πŸ™‚

20. Vicki Tucker on December 4, 2020 at 9:34 pm

Thank you, I am planning to start an indoor herb garden… was feeling a little uncertain where to start, since I’ve not been successful in the past, and you’ve given me hope, encouragement, and a place to begin. Thx!!

21. Rohit Mandal on December 4, 2020 at 9:34 pm

When I found out I had herpes, I was completely lost because I didn’t know what to do and I worried about how the incident would affect my relationship. I couldn’t go about it but positive thinking and a healthy approach keeps me going. I tried finding help in all possible area but my efforts were to no avail. But with the help of Dr Agbonifo herbal remedy which i only used for three weeks and went back for another test which came out NEGATIVE and I was totally healed,Contact him on WhatsApp +2349034749874

22. Ms.D on December 4, 2020 at 9:35 pm

Thank you for doing this! For I am wanting to learn how to plant my own garden! I am seeing the times we are in and I am feeling the tugg inside of me to prepare me and mine for anything that is coming it’s way and to Trust God!*

23. Laura Courtney on December 4, 2020 at 9:36 pm

Thank you for sharing this video. It’s refreshing to see someone so young. That is living what I call the country life style. I miss living in the country. I had to move to the city due to my health. I am growing seedlings now. Some will be planted outside and some will be grown inside under grow lights. I remember wondering if I could grow a few things inside but let that thought go because I had not heard of a grow light and felt that with me having surgeries back to back that anything I planted would die. Then one day several months ago I came across a video on youtube that was about raised garden beds and container gardens. The containers the guy was using were milk crates. My jaw fell to the floor because I had been given 10 milk crates a few days before that. Needless that was all it took for me. So I got my winter garden plans made and seedlings almost ready to move outside to the crates. Meanwhile, because I am a prepped I decided that I wanted to learn about and grow herbs for cooking, and medicinal purposes as well. I bought a few seedlings and they were doing so great that I bought some seeds too. I am proud to say that my seeds are all sprouting and most have broken through the soil or are already a inch or 2 tall! But the seedlings aren’t doing as well. I bought a 4 shelf storage unit. I put one grow light on each shelf but I noticed my seedlings (lemon balm, spearmint, peppermint, and rosemary) as well as a strawberry seedling I bought at the same time a week or 2 ago are all losing leaves. They were turning black and falling off. I tried moving the light closer but that made it worse. I moved the light further away and while it slowed the process of the leaves dying off it only made it back to the level of leaf loss it had to begin with. I read that grow lights need to be 2500 k to provide proper light so I went back to my local garden center and bought 3 more grow lights so that each shelf has 2 grow lights. The loss of leaves has pretty much stopped other than maybe 1 a week. But now i have what looks like leggy stalks standing straight up. I thought about cutting the stalks down some but each stalk has new baby leaves here and there along the stalks. My peppermint plant is doing pretty much the same thing. Should I still go ahead and cut some of the stalks to give the plants a opportunity to bush out more? If I do cut the back how much should I cut off. The long stalks I am talking about are around 18 inches long. They have gorgeous young leaves at the tip of each stalk and some young leaves or just sprouting leaves sporadically along the length of the stalks. What is your advice about the lemon balm and peppermint The strawberry plant has lost all it’s leaves but 2 or 3 at the end of each stalk and a few new leaf buds that are barely sprouting new leaves. What should I do about the Strawberry plant? You can email me your response to laura Courtney @ rednckgirl314@hotmail.com with your response so it doesn’t get lost in all of these comments. TIA.

24. Nkechi Neptune on December 4, 2020 at 9:38 pm

Its not erbs its herbs jus saying

25. katdina9 on December 4, 2020 at 9:39 pm

I love in Los Angeles and some of my seeds that I bought didn’t grow… I bought miracle frow soil . One question in have, can they grow in full sun? Or does it have ti be filter sun?. I am currently growing hardy herbs ,but also cilantro, basil, chives ,lemon balm .. the other seeds didn’t grow and some of my herbs like cilantro are dying. They are outside in full sun

26. A & M H on December 4, 2020 at 9:40 pm

I am so bad at gardening. I try every year and keep failing. But I have cilantro and basil thriving! First year growing herbs.

27. JERARDO MERCADO on December 4, 2020 at 9:41 pm

you have so much wisdom you’ve earned a subscriber

28. Natalie Powell on December 4, 2020 at 9:45 pm

Basil loves lots of sun, and loves a quite sandy soil. I live in Western Australia where we have an abundance of both, so Basil always grows really easily for me. Also, can you put links to where you get your head coverings from? I know you said you get some from Garlands of Grace, but I can never find the ones you wear. Loving your channel πŸ™‚

29. Paul eboehi on December 4, 2020 at 9:46 pm

.Finally I have been cured of herpes after suffering from the virus for over 10years with several outbreaks, thank you @Dr_ayomide_ for curing me of Herpes for this I’m going to continue sharing so other people can be cured too, He also has medicine , HIV, DIABETES, LUPUS, INFERTILITY, CANCER,weight loss and many more which I can’t mention.email:drayomideherbarhome@gmail
    WhatsApp:+2348137782248

30. karina13xx on December 4, 2020 at 9:46 pm

How fast does each grow? And what if I want to control how much I grow? Like say I
    don’t want too much basil (a handful is good), but want lots of parsley and cilantro (in bunches like they come at the grocery stores)?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Newbie at gardening but I really want to grow my own herbs!!

31. Solution Healing Home on December 4, 2020 at 9:46 pm

Purchase genuine natural herbal products from Solution Healing Home and get rid of that irritating disease today.

* GONORRHEA,
    * HERPES VIRUS,
    * SYPHILIS,
    * HIV/AIDS,
    * ZIKA VIRUS,
    * TYPHOID,
    * HEPATITIS,
    * DIABETES,
    * CANCER,
    * ALS,
    * PARKINSON and so on.

To get herbal cure for the above-mentioned diseases, contact Dr Solution on his email: solutionhealinghome@gmail.com or whats app him on his mobile number: + 2348077683109

32. Dustin Dempsey on December 4, 2020 at 9:47 pm

Beautiful

33. Jennifer Chernak on December 4, 2020 at 9:48 pm

I love the smell of fresh cut herbs as much as their magic taste! Thanks for you video.

34. Jennifer Roloff on December 4, 2020 at 9:49 pm

I grow more and more plants each year. This year being home more has been such a blessing. I have tried to grow rosemary and so many people say it is hardy and easy. I won’t give up. I will keep trying. Thank you for the inspiration.

35. Ame Liah on December 4, 2020 at 9:51 pm

Thank you for sharing!

36. Meijin Kino on December 4, 2020 at 9:51 pm

Great video, even greater woman . will definitely give Herb growing a go.

37. Jdheheh Jejejeje on December 4, 2020 at 9:53 pm

Get herbal cure from the doctor that cured my herpes virus
    He can also cure
    1) cancer
    2) diabetes
    3) herpes
    4) low Sperm c ok count
    5) hiv /aids

And other deadly disease. Message him now on WhatsApp +2348089906968 or email him drgodwinharbs@gmail.com

38. lindsey arevalo on December 4, 2020 at 9:54 pm

very helpful and you made me feel very inspired!!! wish u were my friend. I am new to gardening herbs and basil was one of the first things I grew and it died when it started sprouting but you gave me very great tips. Will definitely try these out! πŸ₯°

39. Noceium on December 4, 2020 at 9:55 pm

just caught interest I having my own garden. loved the video! Lets see where it takes me!

40. Lisa McNeil on December 4, 2020 at 9:55 pm

Hello this is my first visit to your channel. Thank you for all that hearty information.
    I am planting to plant my first herb garden; thyme, oregano rosemary & mint. I bought
    a planter box for my other plants and planned to buy a smaller one for the herbs I
    mentioned, question – is it safe to plant the mint with the thyme oregano and rosemary?
    I asked, because I read the mint tends to get out of hand and spread a great deal. hahaha

41. Sobhana Iftekhar on December 4, 2020 at 9:57 pm

I have killed thyme twice, mint due to aphids, lemon balm got sun burnt :((. I dint have a blocked thumb , I have a killer thumb

42. Marco Alex on December 4, 2020 at 9:59 pm

I was diagnosed with Herpes virus I lived in pain with the knowledge that I wasn’t going to ever be well again I contacted so many doctors on this issue yet my condition never got better I was determined to get my life back so one day I saw Dr. Umoru on YouTube and I told him my problem and all that I have been through and he told me not to worry that everything will be okay again so he prepared the medications and sent it to me and told me how to use it, I went to see a medical doctor for test and the result came out negative. I was so shoked and amazed, I am the most happiest person on earth now you too can also reach his personal email, contact this great man via email drumoru01@gmail. com or WhatsApp/call +2348165436638 https://youtu.be/fN12hGDRL88

43. Trini very beautiful on December 4, 2020 at 10:00 pm

I like how you explain all year round seasoning and non all year round. I also like how you mention their use as medicine.

44. MariaMakiling on December 4, 2020 at 10:01 pm

My question is what do you do when the planter you have is too crowded with roots and when the plants (like rosemary) starts to grow too big? Do i just replant from one of the cuttings and throw away the old plant? Is there a technique of some sort to prevent this from happening?

45. Yuri lake on December 4, 2020 at 10:01 pm

why do americans say "erbs"

46. Mariah Raisee Ador on December 4, 2020 at 10:02 pm

Your livestock must be so yummy since you feed them herbs and that kinda means you season them while they’re still living πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

47. W H on December 4, 2020 at 10:05 pm

Thank you. I am going to try

48. Naz B on December 4, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Urbs

49. Marina William on December 4, 2020 at 10:07 pm

God bless Dr Onyeneke for what he have done in my life,I’m here to testify about what Dr Onyeneke did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and inching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Rose Smith on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr Onyeneke on how he cured her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advise anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr Onyeneke prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more inching , pain on me anymore as Dr Onyeneke assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test behold the result came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HBV, HIV, ALS, HBP, CANCER etc. you can contact Dr.Onyeneke for help via email dronyenekeherbahome1@gmai.com or whatsapp +2348123354514

50. Marie on December 4, 2020 at 10:09 pm