Ron Finley Teaches Gardening | Official Trailer | MasterClass

Ron Finley, the community activist and self-proclaimed “Gangster Gardener” from South Central L.A., shares his self-taught techniques for finding your inner green thumb and experiencing the power of growing your own food in his new MasterClass on gardening. Learn how to turn everyday items into planters, keep houseplants alive and thriving, and grow a healthy, sustainable bounty no matter where you live.

Learn more about Ron Finley’s MasterClass at https://mstr.cl/3cyhgpI

Ron Finley sparked a movement with one simple but determined decision: He turned a dried-up strip of land on a curbside in L.A. into a vegetable garden. He didn’t realize then that it would lead to a warrant for his arrest, but he fought back, helped get laws changed, and inspired others to see the transformational value of gardening and its power to change communities. Now the artist, designer, and avid gardener is teaching you how to change the world, one green space at a time, starting with your own home. Learn how to plant, grow, and maintain a thriving garden no matter where you live.

In this online class, you’ll learn about:
• Creating a garden in any home
• How to grow your own food
• Ideas for building community through gardening
• When to plant
• Growing herbs, greens, legumes, and sweet potatoes
• Creating planters with common household items
• Composting and improving soil
• Keeping houseplants alive and thriving
• Propagating your own plants
• Gardening as activism and a source of creativity

More from MasterClass:
• Alice Waters Teaches the Art of Home Cooking: https://www.masterclass.com/aw
• Gabriela Cámara Teaches Mexican Cooking: https://www.masterclass.com/gc
• Thomas Keller Teaches Cooking Techniques I: https://www.masterclass.com/tk

About MasterClass:
MasterClass makes it possible for anyone to learn from the best. Get inspired with classes from 80+ world-renowned instructors on cooking, photography, writing, performance, and much more. Watch video lessons anytime, anywhere on mobile, desktop, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and now Roku devices.

• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/masterclassofficial
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/masterclass
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/masterclass

#MasterClass #RonFinley #gardening

1. Mm Poggs on December 6, 2020 at 9:12 pm

He is right👍🏻that’s why you want to learn from him!

2. Shelia Gibson on December 6, 2020 at 9:14 pm

I want to follow in your footsteps and beautify my community and local schools with gardens. Thanks for your inspiration. Keep it growin’.

3. Will Olson on December 6, 2020 at 9:14 pm

God Bless you Ron Finley!

4. Gwendolyn Hewitt on December 6, 2020 at 9:14 pm

What is his contact office number does anybody know I need to grow some things!!!

5. Elizabeth Williams on December 6, 2020 at 9:14 pm

Hello, I love what you do. I saw you with Common on Common Well…I happen to be a Common fan and I just wanted to inform Common and his team that it is someone portraying to be him and trying to scam his fans… I wrote on your page because I think this person watches Common’s page and who know who else…. PLEASE RELAY THIS MESSAGE BECAUSE THERE MIGHT BE SOMEONE WHO MAY FALL FOR THIS MESS>>>>THANK IN ADVANCE:)…..respectful submitted Elizabeth Williams…This man is having full conversation and texting stuff like he is Common but he does spell common words wrong sometimes but as far as the conversation it seem so real.. saying things like Peace, my love, and he has the nerve to be deep ;real deep….He could have fool me…until he start talking about sending money to me to put up for charity….smh …contact me if you have any more question….

6. Chip Koepke on December 6, 2020 at 9:17 pm

LOVE THIS! We need to see more of this!

7. Caro Lune on December 6, 2020 at 9:18 pm

If I had the money I would take these classes for sure. Every guerilla gardener needs this energy.

8. Traci Tari on December 6, 2020 at 9:19 pm

Just finished watching this MasterClass and it was aaaaamazing! Wish it was longer though. I want more! lol! Anyway gonna go plant some stuff now.

9. Sandy Mackenzie Lumbermill on December 6, 2020 at 9:20 pm

Such a strong, inspirational video. TFS, can’t wait to dig in, xoxo

10. Lexi Lum on December 6, 2020 at 9:21 pm

Ok, I’m sold! When do we begin?

11. Sandy Zio on December 6, 2020 at 9:21 pm

Great stuff Ron! Love it! Keep teaching! We should all be growing our own food wherever possible. Not much to it. Plant it, water it, and let God do the rest. 🙂 Have a great day!

12. NizarMG on December 6, 2020 at 9:25 pm

this guy seems awesome

13. AscendantStoic on December 6, 2020 at 9:27 pm

Now that’s a role model if I have ever seen one, people underestimate the independence of being able to grow your own food.

14. Frank McCloy on December 6, 2020 at 9:27 pm

I show Mr. Finley’s TedTalk about starting his guerrilla gardening revolution to my communication students. He is inspirational, and a real wake up call to everyone. He is positivity in action. My only wish is that I lived and taught in CA so I could invite Mr. Finley in to one of my classes because he is such a force of action that it would truly be awe inspiring to meet the man in person. So many of my students have thanked me for showing Mr. Finley’s talk because they were so moved by his words and his ACTIONS. The more people learn of Mr. Finley the better we all, and the world would be.

15. Aimad LAHRECH on December 6, 2020 at 9:31 pm

First time of my life i didn’t Skip tha AD … just legendary

16. Gilbert-Noël Sfeir on December 6, 2020 at 9:31 pm

It would be a shame to ruin this beautiful old drawer and watch it become rotten !

17. skojig oquist on December 6, 2020 at 9:34 pm

I love the guy but please.
    How can comport be sexy?
    I hear the sexmaniac American in here. Everything is sexy for you guys – cars -flowers -garden and even dogs cats childtwn and – compost.
    I find it outrageous and if I were him I would use a different adjective.
    Ps. No trolling.

18. sudarsan ramakrishnan on December 6, 2020 at 9:34 pm

In last one week I watched and rewatched and continue to watch his masterclass . This man became my inner voice for nature

19. Anonymous on December 6, 2020 at 9:35 pm

This. This is the one I wanna see.

20. Marilyn June on December 6, 2020 at 9:35 pm

Love gardening and he is very creative.

21. Nancy Aureli on December 6, 2020 at 9:37 pm

I love Ron Finley!

22. klouchy on December 6, 2020 at 9:37 pm

Next on masterclass:Barak Obama teaches you how to be president

23. Blonde Kristi on December 6, 2020 at 9:38 pm

This man just showed us all it doesn’t take a brain scientist to make a garden

24. Hakorine on December 6, 2020 at 9:39 pm

I came here to rewatch all the ads
    We are talking about high quality here

25. Maria on December 6, 2020 at 9:40 pm

OMFG ITS NWA IN THE BACKGROUND RGJSKFEM

26. MasterClass on December 6, 2020 at 9:41 pm

Ron Finley Teaches Gardening is now streaming on MasterClass: https://mstr.cl/2XWpkN6

27. Nobody Burgen on December 6, 2020 at 9:41 pm

*WHOLESOME AS F@*&*

28. Lifestyle with Anna A on December 6, 2020 at 9:47 pm

I love love love his Energy new subscriber right away is editing is on point well done

29. Thembi Mogala on December 6, 2020 at 9:47 pm

He gave a beautiful talk on TED a few years ago, he’s a cool gangster gardner.

30. Hector Martin on December 6, 2020 at 9:48 pm

We need more men like this. Love and respect.

31. Teresa Jacobson on December 6, 2020 at 9:51 pm

Love this!!!!

32. LALI 1080 on December 6, 2020 at 9:51 pm

Who is the guy? I love him!

33. RAW MMA NEWS CLIPS on December 6, 2020 at 9:54 pm

I honestly f*cking love gardening! My big tip is to stay consistent, even if you fail one season, you just made it 10x easier for the next season. I think people get overwhelmed and quit, gardening is a marathon, not a sprint, enjoy it, make mistakes!

34. Narinder Dhaliwal on December 6, 2020 at 9:54 pm

That song though!!!!!!

35. bullshark on December 6, 2020 at 9:55 pm

did this guy ever play ball? he’s got Jordan size hands

36. mohamed waleed on December 6, 2020 at 9:57 pm

i watch this video every 3 to 4 days , it just makes me feel healthy even if i’m not

37. Echad on December 6, 2020 at 9:57 pm

Give this guy his own show

38. Fatimah Patin on December 6, 2020 at 10:01 pm

Just love it

39. Gardening for Life on December 6, 2020 at 10:01 pm

Good stuff

40. Emma Forson on December 6, 2020 at 10:01 pm

What cameras do they use to film because damn

41. Akarakash on December 6, 2020 at 10:03 pm

“My Kung-fu is stronger than your”…))

42. cyndi egold on December 6, 2020 at 10:04 pm

I plant everything in containers, garden boxes, etc., and Tower Gardens – we haven’t grown in quite sometime because our yard has a plethora of wildlife — squirrels, rats, bunnies and they get into everything. What do you do about that? I miss my garden so much. I love your style!!!

43. Harrison Walter on December 6, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Natural herbs have cured so many illness that drugs and injection can’t cure. I’ve seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people’s lives. i read people’s testimonies online on how they were cured of HERPES, HIV, diabetics etc by Dr Agbonifo herbal medicine, I contacted the doctor because i know nature has the power to heal. I was diagnosed with HSV but I have been completely cured after using Dr Agbonifo Herbal Medicine.
    His WhatsApp +234903474 9874

44. derek lee eskelson on December 6, 2020 at 10:07 pm

you’re a tough man. what you do is so cool

45. Sophie Ha on December 6, 2020 at 10:07 pm

You are an inspiration.

46. MsFreethepeople on December 6, 2020 at 10:09 pm

I went searching for this channel. No stumble across here!

47. Bolingo Rastafari on December 6, 2020 at 10:09 pm

Just saw you today on the Ellen show with Tiffany Haddish. Great applause to you and to Tiffany also. Gardening is definitely the way to go, and container vegetable gardening can yield some very good results. I agree with everything you said and also am so glad that you are influencing and inspiring people to grow some of their own food. It is true, youcan grow a lot of very excellent produce on a small plot of land, as long as you have good soil, water, sunshine and air. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are a great inspiration and really lifted up my mood by teaching and being on tv. And great thanks to Miss Tiffany also. A great, wise, wonderful woman. I will be signing up for the master class. Keep up the marvelous work.

48. Caslav on December 6, 2020 at 10:10 pm

This must be the most effective YouTube ad I’ve ever seen. After 3 seconds I realized that this man could sell me anything.

49. Lsa F on December 6, 2020 at 10:10 pm

I just finished watching his masterclass. It was awesome. the only flaw: It leaves you wanting more of it.

50. Lloyd Bingham on December 6, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Hello Mr. Finley how can I protect my tomatoes from birds? they are eating up my hard work.