1. RDK Adventures on December 7, 2020 at 9:26 pm

We have an 8×10 green house that was somewhat successful last season. Couple of thoughts…do you have a temperature range for inside the greenhouse you are hoping for? We installed several screened vents along both the bottoms of the east and west sides as well as the south side door. We have a large window on the north side and the whole roof is polycarbonate sheets. The south, east, and west sides are all solid wood with no light coming in on the walls. Is that setup enough natural light? Might we need a fan? There is no option for electricity so have you had luck with a solar option? Lastly, we had an issue w small red aphids (I believe) all over our peppers only that i think caused most detriment to them. How can I eliminate those? I know this is a large comment but I am hoping you can respond. Thanks!

2. khalid saad on December 7, 2020 at 9:27 pm

This is very useful information

3. Boot Hill Ranch Idaho on December 7, 2020 at 9:28 pm

Great insight about getting the pollinators in ๐Ÿ™‚ Can’t forget them!

4. Susan Jivoini on December 7, 2020 at 9:31 pm

Great info. We are building our first greenhouse.

5. Mustache Willie on December 7, 2020 at 9:32 pm

Very helpful tips! Thank you.

6. John Smith on December 7, 2020 at 9:32 pm

Really glad I found this channel. I’m in the same area and climate (having mixed snow and rain right now, 34ยฐF…May 23…). Just putting the finishing touches on my 12×20 hoop house today. Installing a storm door and vent window on front and back walls. Picked up some seedlings from HD yesterday and they’re under a plastic tunnel I made out of leftover greenhouse film and put inside the greenhouse. Hopefully the low temps don’t hurt them.

I have zero experience at this so I’ll definately be tuning in. I need to plant these seedlings by tomorrow before I leave to go to work on monday for a week or so. Do you think it’s too cold to plant them with this weather we’re having? I got tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, peppers, corn, etc.

Thanks for the help.

7. Marco Polo on December 7, 2020 at 9:33 pm

My name is Kenny from northern Kentucky look up the history of biochar for gardening tell everybody knows pass it on

8. MavsG Lifestyle on December 7, 2020 at 9:34 pm

Wow amazing! new friend here. Im sending you my all support๐Ÿ””. Hope I get back too Thanks see you around.

9. Tiffanie Novack on December 7, 2020 at 9:36 pm

Such great information! Thank you!

10. Sarah Easton on December 7, 2020 at 9:37 pm

Some friends just built a steel and polycarbonate greenhouse for me. I have NO experience with greenhouses so will be your grateful student. I am in zone 6b and the greenhouse gets really hot. Where can I get the shade cloth you mentioned?

11. SomeStranger on December 7, 2020 at 9:37 pm

It can reach 50ยฐC here what should I do to keep the greenhouse cool

12. Porter Young on December 7, 2020 at 9:38 pm

Glad to find you, thanks for the info, Iโ€™m new to the greenhouse life so Iโ€™ll definitely keep in contact with your video… thanks again
    ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

13. Beauty of New York on December 7, 2020 at 9:38 pm

14. Juan Gallardo on December 7, 2020 at 9:42 pm

Well explained. God bless You..๐Ÿ˜‡

15. Alice Gould on December 7, 2020 at 9:43 pm

I live in southern California and have a 10 x 12 greenhouse for vegetables. Sadly, we cannot plant outdoors due to all the critters in the area. Our main issue is with the plants getting overheated. Any tips for areas like Los Angeles where it is hot all the time and growing in greenhouse year round? We have electricity in the greenhouse and someone mentioned a temperature controlled heat/fan system but sounds so complicated. Alternatively, and suggestions to keep critters away from raised beds? Mostly rats and birds. Thank you!

16. Dan Horton on December 7, 2020 at 9:44 pm

Can u do a video on fertilizer on your transplant plants

17. Kas on December 7, 2020 at 9:45 pm

I’m in Island Park, Idaho, so this was great.

18. Peter Larkin on December 7, 2020 at 9:45 pm

Do you usually container grow in the greenhouse?

19. Jennifer Hardy on December 7, 2020 at 9:46 pm

thanks for the awesome tips. We have just purchased our first greenhouse and I am so excited. I am new to this, so I’m trying to figure out where to begin. I guess the first thing to ask is do you keep any of your vegetables in the greenhouse all year round or do you transplant some. I was hoping that we could build a raised garden within our greenhouse and I could plant my seeds directly into that. Or is it best to have both (inside and outside). I am in Canada, so our growing season is like Montana’s very short ๐Ÿ™‚

20. Onno Zweers on December 7, 2020 at 9:47 pm

I loved the sound of the rain!

21. Essentially Abundant on December 7, 2020 at 9:48 pm

We have an off grid location we will be adding permaculture to in the WY/SD area. We are very interested in being self reliant. Thank you for all your "zone 4" knowledge! It is invaluable to us.

22. Bethany Wenger on December 7, 2020 at 9:51 pm

You should never use water drainage off the roof for vegetables. The water is full of toxins from the roof tiles. You can use that water for ornamentals. Rain water from buckets is fine.

23. Lili Nunez on December 7, 2020 at 9:52 pm

Will my wood rot due to the moisture?

24. Nehemiah Edwards on December 7, 2020 at 9:55 pm

Any suggestions? I recently purchased a small greenhouse this summer and put it in an area that receives full sun. When I moved my cacti and succulents into the greenhouse they all began to die. Does anyone know what went wrong?

25. Lin R on December 7, 2020 at 9:55 pm

Bumblebees are one of the best veggie pollinators out there. You can even buy bumble bee or make houses for them. Plant lots of sunflowers and red bud trees around your green house Bumblers love those.

26. Mary Harrison on December 7, 2020 at 9:55 pm

I am building a greenhouse now. Your tips were very useful. Thank you for sharing with us.

27. titus4166 on December 7, 2020 at 9:57 pm

The Info couldve been more organized in segment subjects. Its was just kind thrown here and there and like you threw up a bunch of papers in the air and like, "here you, here’s all my info, figure it out".

28. Jamie Trout on December 7, 2020 at 9:57 pm

I’m in northern Idaho, so this was super helpful

29. Janna Weiss on December 7, 2020 at 9:58 pm

Trying to learn about greenhouses and how they work. Why would you have plants in your greenhouse in July?

30. Gauthami Shetty on December 7, 2020 at 9:59 pm

This video has really helped me to enhance my knowledge about plants and green house. And also it helped me in my biology study. Thank U. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜™๐Ÿ˜™๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•

31. James Alan Stephen Smith on December 7, 2020 at 10:00 pm

Very helpful as I plan to integrate a greenhouse onto the back off my house for the reasons you stated and more (permaculture).Informative! Go green!

32. JANETTE MERCEDES on December 7, 2020 at 10:01 pm

Your video was very helpful. I am a newbie.. and enjoy it lots, especially during this pandemic it has become soothing. I have a small raised bed where I plant peppers etc. I am interested in building a greenhouse but have a few questions. Are the greenhouses in addition to gardens? I live in an area where warm months are very few and in order to keep we have used frost clothes, but I wanted to know if it replaced the garden? Also, do you have a guide as to what plants survive well within the greenhouses? THANKS again

33. swann548 on December 7, 2020 at 10:01 pm

Wow ! Finally someone who answered all my questions in 1 video. You are awesome & smart as a wipe. ! Love ur garden ๐Ÿ’™ Look how much fresh food u have ! You are what u eat. ๐Ÿ’š I want to build an attached greenhouse at my ranch in Arizona. It would help heat the house , it provides oxygen also from the plants. What do u think ? Have u ever tried to grow fruit trees inside the GH ? Do u think its better to just keep the polinator plants outside to control pests on the other indoor plants ? I want to grow & harvest all year just in the Greenhouse. Use flat black color barrels full of water to absorb heat during day & release at night. โค

34. Diem Nguyen on December 7, 2020 at 10:02 pm

Good morning. I live in Toronto .I love to planting . I have a green house last years. In the winter I still like planting some vegetables in my house .Can you show what’s the soil and vegetables can grow in door of my house . Thanks

35. Chris Wang on December 7, 2020 at 10:02 pm

UbiBot ยฎ offers a revolutionary way to monitor environmental conditions where they matter. The sensors synchronise with our UbiBot ยฎ IoT Platform using WiFi (no expensive separate hub). You can then access your data from anywhere via smartphone or the web. Visit http://www.ubibotus.com

36. Geri Custer on December 7, 2020 at 10:02 pm

Canโ€™t you continue to grow all plants i side the GH all summer? (Warmer season plants)…with roof venting and cross ventilation available?

37. Jesus Leal on December 7, 2020 at 10:03 pm

This was great, been searching for "best organic soil for vegetables" for a while now, and I think this has helped. You ever tried – Fonillian Uncomplex Future – (do a google search )?

It is a smashing one off guide for growing up to 10 times more produce using aquaponics without the headache. Ive heard some interesting things about it and my m8 got amazing success with it.

38. Jesus Leal on December 7, 2020 at 10:03 pm

Nice Video! Forgive me for chiming in, I would appreciate your thoughts. Have you heard about – Parlandealey Impetigo Goodbye Process (Have a quick look on google cant remember the place now)? It is a great one of a kind guide for learning how to grow your own organic vegetables using hydroponics without the normal expense. Ive heard some great things about it and my cousin after a lifetime of fighting got astronomical results with it.

39. Lillian Clayton on December 7, 2020 at 10:03 pm

Hello Kareen, thanks for the great tips. I am using a hoop house for the first time and had to discover so important facts out just in time, such as transforming from cold to hot crops, when to water etc. I am now listening to your video again to get more info on soil amending in my hoop house. Thanks for being here. Lillian

40. peachluck333 on December 7, 2020 at 10:07 pm

If you upgraded your greenhouse with basic hydroponic systems, you’d be able to grow all year round, use 90-95% less water and far less fertiliser/nutrients, and plant 4-5 times more densely (which saves space).

41. Jessica Gibson on December 7, 2020 at 10:07 pm

great video thank you for all of your great advice.

42. Margie Mistretta on December 7, 2020 at 10:09 pm

Very correct information.
    I find in many of these homestead type gardens they donot get the concept of cool or warm crops.
    Also you didnt get into the proper watering techniques. The most important fact is to water when soul is dry…never water if soil is wet!!! Or the extreme importance of ventilation especially during the warmer temps.

43. eve ladybug on December 7, 2020 at 10:10 pm

My greenhouse is just being constructed. Please want to see a tour of your greenhouse

44. Boot Hill Ranch Idaho on December 7, 2020 at 10:11 pm

Great video! We’ve had similar success in our greenhouse in north idaho!

45. Windmill Cancer Survivor on December 7, 2020 at 10:12 pm

I have a feeling I’ll be visiting this channel often as you seem to be quite the resource.

46. My Backyard Garden on December 7, 2020 at 10:12 pm

Beautiful seedlings. Great content. Thanks for sharing.

47. Windmill Cancer Survivor on December 7, 2020 at 10:15 pm

In our northern latitude, 400 miles east in the northern Black Hills is an east to west orientation the way to go? My poly just arrived from Growers Solution and just waiting for fair weather to get cracking.

48. Carolyn Steele on December 7, 2020 at 10:16 pm

Thank you for this great information. I have a 12×20′ greenhouse because I garden for sustainability in zone 7a. The plants grown in beds last much longer because the soil stays more temperate. I had the entire greenhouse overwhelmed by white flies one year, so I spray the whole place down at the first sign with Dr. Zymes. Haven’t had a problem since.

49. Valerie Schoenfelder on December 7, 2020 at 10:17 pm

Thank you very much. I am about to set up my first greenhouse in Belgium and your tips are very useful. Iโ€™m still wondering if I will plant direct in the ground versus in raised beds. I notice you have pots directly to your right… is the bed in front a raised bed? Thoughts on direct planting vs. Pots or raised beds?

50. Steffi Paunikoski on December 7, 2020 at 10:20 pm

Thanks for the tips! We are also new at this Green world, just got a green house to raise our veggies in our yard. We are from Finland ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ