More Tips for Your Herb Container Garden! Basil, Oregano, Mint, Cilantro, Tarragon

The temperatures are heating up and so is the container herb garden. Basil is growing like crazy and many other herbs are too! Let me show you some new plants like Cuban Oregano, Greek Myrtle, and Lemon Mint Marigold. I’ll give you some tips along the way.Enjoy!

Subscribe to my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/dylan14570
When you subscribe, please make sure to click the bell to the right of the subscribe button to receive notifications for my channel so you know when I upload a new video.

Current video of the container garden in May 2017:

How to Grow Nasturtiums: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PG45uPq-gg&t=25s

How to Grow Spinach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glzA3aH35l4&list=PLHqRalqOVeFwPUrpUIOcTTqNbpp8djtwQ&t=126s&index=3

How to Grow Chilies and Peppers from Seed to Kitchen, EVERYTHING You Need to Know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWsaXKBhzAk&list=PLHqRalqOVeFwPUrpUIOcTTqNbpp8djtwQ&index=2&t=25s

How to Grow Parsley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCdJSNotyqI&t=901s

How to Grow Carrots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qULUlXEQ9_I&list=PLHqRalqOVeFwPUrpUIOcTTqNbpp8djtwQ&index=8

How to Grow Chives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diPxdq3s5KM&index=15&list=PLHqRalqOVeFwPUrpUIOcTTqNbpp8djtwQ

How to Grow Green Onion or Scallions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ThJQgpClo

How to Grow Cilantro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuDMY5F5LNg&t=6s

Square Foot Garden Book:

1. Jae Hudson on December 10, 2020 at 9:24 pm

I was wondering why my cilantro aways died on me….ty for the info. Im determined to change my black thumb green since moving to Florida amd having a larger back yard now.

2. TattedSweetheart on December 10, 2020 at 9:24 pm

what do you do with all the herbs I want to grow my own herbs but don’t know what to do with all of them lol

3. Grace Life on December 10, 2020 at 9:26 pm

Rainbow Gardens what a beautiful healthy selection you have. It would be a dream to have so many herbs around my garden. Please can you tell me, (I didnt notice any cobwebs.) Do you get many spiders in any part of your garden because it doesnt look like you have.Yet your plants still look healthy.

4. Lauren Romero on December 10, 2020 at 9:27 pm

Can i plant my Garlic Chives & Chives together ?

5. Kitty on December 10, 2020 at 9:27 pm

Very very nice😀

6. Truelove on December 10, 2020 at 9:31 pm

rosemay doesnt do well when the roots freeze….if it was in the ground, roots 4 inches under…plant woukld be fine they can live 10 years+ grows great in pensylvania..comes back..lose a few if harsh winter……

7. x y z on December 10, 2020 at 9:32 pm

Wow.. Beautiful backyard

8. A H on December 10, 2020 at 9:33 pm

wonderful herbs…thanks for sharing.👍😊 🌱🌼

9. Jon K on December 10, 2020 at 9:34 pm

They look beautiful well done

10. OG thrifter Goodwill on December 10, 2020 at 9:35 pm

Thank you I’m doing my first in a container and I’m so nervous I hope it all goes well I have Rosemary I have basil and I have lemon something and one container hope it grows

11. TRENNA INGALLS on December 10, 2020 at 9:37 pm

Great job with the herbs. Do you store them in the garage over the winter ? What is the coldest temperature they can tolerate ? Right now I plant my herbs in my square foot garden but the pots look like a better option.

12. Martimus Maximus on December 10, 2020 at 9:39 pm

Nice video ! Thank you. I’m growing herbs for the second year and loving and learning as I go. Didn’t know that oregano comes back and I re-planted some this year, so I’m sad about pulling out the roots, but I’m in a colder zone, so I’m not sure if they’d come back anyways. Also, growing basil, parsley, sage, thyme, rosemary, and lavender.

13. Lani Phan on December 10, 2020 at 9:40 pm

beautiful garden!!!

14. Betty Velasquez on December 10, 2020 at 9:41 pm

Hi Donna! Do you reuse the soil from your pots? Its my first time gardening and my cilantro bolted because I didn’t give it enough water lol but I’m growing more. I was wondering if I can re use my potting mix and if I can, how many times can I do that?

15. PLUMBdogg on December 10, 2020 at 9:41 pm

beautiful!

16. BIBLE STUDIES on December 10, 2020 at 9:41 pm

I aspire to have a garden like this in 8b. Your voice and the water is so soothing.

17. Mayra Perez on December 10, 2020 at 9:42 pm

I loved !👍

18. Spartan 117 on December 10, 2020 at 9:42 pm

love you container herbs garden… here in Trinidad we call the Cuban oregano (Spanish Thyme) …it’s used especially in fish dishes….. but I am sure gonna try it your way.. thanks Donna….

19. Sunny in the Garden on December 10, 2020 at 9:42 pm

@Rainbow Gardens Question for ya: Are you able to overwinter any of your herbs (I mean – outside) or do you start everything over every year? And.. How do you cope with bugs with the plants you overwinter indoors?

20. Belinda on December 10, 2020 at 9:43 pm

My word! You’ve got quite a talent for that!!! So beautiful!

21. LARK'S GARDENS on December 10, 2020 at 9:43 pm

Your herbs are looking beautiful.  It is very nice that you have shown us the progress of all your herbs over the last few years.  Gardeners need to be reminded that perennial herbs need space and you have great examples of giving the herbs large pots to grow in. Thank you for sharing.  By the way, I just planted my Lemon Grass down in my bog garden, directly in the soil.  I am anxious to see how it does.

22. Tonio Yendis on December 10, 2020 at 9:45 pm

Great tips…thanks!

23. Jœ mãмå on December 10, 2020 at 9:48 pm

Her accent is so strong my healthcare is no longer subsidised

24. Happy plants on December 10, 2020 at 9:49 pm

hello can you please tell me . how many seeds of organo, basil, lemon balm, rocket,sage and celery should i grow in each 10 inches pot.

25. November Sky on December 10, 2020 at 9:51 pm

your channel makes me happy & want to plant what u have : ) thank u Donna.

26. gary mullins on December 10, 2020 at 9:54 pm

Love you garden! We are in mountains of Eastern Tennessee. I have trouble with perennials freezing out over winter. I do have sage and chives from last summer, but rosemary never makes it.

27. Pvt. Pepe on December 10, 2020 at 9:55 pm

Such a beautiful healthy space! Love it! – From S.C.

28. Fᴇᴜᴇʀʙʟᴜᴛ [RAGEMODE] on December 10, 2020 at 10:02 pm

"61 degrees"
    Oh please no….
    Screw US customary system 😒 grow up & go scientific metric, we live in the 21st century already!

29. Mio Angel on December 10, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Could you tell me please, what size of pot can I use for cilantro, parsley and basil? Thanks for sharing! SUB…

30. timshel Leo on December 10, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Soooooooooooo Nice !

31. Alfredo Garcia Jr on December 10, 2020 at 10:08 pm

Here is a challenge for you Rainbow Gardens: Try growing ginger / turmeric.  Do a search for Health Benefits of Turmeric to see why I suggest this.  Then do a Turmeric Paste search for an ideal way to consume it.

32. Thankful to Live! on December 10, 2020 at 10:08 pm

You have a beautiful herb garden. Thank you for sharing your tips!

33. Wendy Harrington on December 10, 2020 at 10:09 pm

Hello Rainbow Gardens!! I would love for you to contact me about a super small garden and a black swallow caterpillar that I found! I would love some advice from you thank you wendyjoyharrington@gmail.com

34. The Abled Gardener on December 10, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Donna, where did you get your lemon grass? I love it for tea and has such a healing effect for my allergies. Great looking deck with your herbs, I love it. Kim
    Your lime looks great after 2 years. I started dwarf lemon trees from seed, they all came up (16 of them) I hope at least one or two make it to the size of your lime, great job.

35. arash khoshkele on December 10, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Great video!

36. Benito Camelo Rico on December 10, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Love your video. Thanks 🙂

37. Dean Langley on December 10, 2020 at 10:11 pm

Gorgeous plants…very healthy!!

38. s Buzz on December 10, 2020 at 10:12 pm

your tips an videos keep getting better-  so i can skip a lot of the learning curve.with your experience, along the southern east coast, veg garden /cooking. you rock

39. Lottie Newitt on December 10, 2020 at 10:14 pm

Such a lovely herb display, bet it smells wonderful!

40. ashokrayvenn on December 10, 2020 at 10:14 pm

Great video…loved the accent. Subscribed.

41. Books on December 10, 2020 at 10:14 pm

Hi Miss, do you know how to collect herb seeds? Really nice plants.

42. Dustin Williams on December 10, 2020 at 10:15 pm

Are those two gallon pots you are using? They look excellent. Thanks for sharing.

43. Brooke Busby on December 10, 2020 at 10:16 pm

Do you just put one oregano plant in your container? Also do you cover them for the winter

44. JJourney on December 10, 2020 at 10:17 pm

We’re doing our first garden this year including herbs (everything in containers) and I’m curious about the perennials.  Our lemon balm is looking a little sad and I know it’s one that will take over (as I think all of them probably would if given the chance) could it be that the pot is just too small?  Do you have to split up those type or do they self-regulate their size to the container?

45. Lavender Sunday on December 10, 2020 at 10:17 pm

I’m a Master Gardner Inter, I graduate this spring. This will be my first year growing my herb garden. So far the chocolate mint is my favorite.

46. Algebruh_m8 on December 10, 2020 at 10:17 pm

So my first frost date is Nov 13. I’m a garden noob so what does that mean for my Cilantro and Mint plant? I just checked and my Peppermint plant leaves are getting droopy. 🙁 But in the bottom I see many leaves thriving and growing but the top leaves are getting droopy, kinda scared about this. Also my Cilantro finally germinated!

47. Maricela Hinojosa on December 10, 2020 at 10:19 pm

What size containers do you suggest using for most herbs. Love your videos.

48. OYR Frugal & Sustainable Organic Gardening on December 10, 2020 at 10:20 pm

What a beautiful herb container garden, Donna!

49. Elyse Joseph on December 10, 2020 at 10:21 pm

Nice variety of herbs! Rosemary doesn’t do well inside my house over winter either, just to dry inside our heated house.

50. umm Abdallah on December 10, 2020 at 10:22 pm

How do you keep your herbs healthy?
    Do you use any fertilizers nd pesticides?