The Best Gardening App – My Favorite FREE Garden App That I Love!

In this YouTube Video, I go over my favorite gardening app that I just love, & it’s a FREE garden app! ↓↓↓↓CLICK SHOW MORE↓↓↓↓
Cog Hill Farm Merchandise: https://thecoghillfarm.com

I ran across this Free gardening app from our Alabama Cooperative Extension’s Facebook Page. And once I downloaded it, I just fell in love with it!!

My favorite thing about this gardening app is that It is so easy & simple to use. you plug in the county you live in & it will then let you know what you can plant in your garden right now!

The Garden app will also shows you everything you need to know about the crops & plants you are planting. It will show you how deep to plant, the spacing between the plants, harvest yields of that vegetable you are planting, & how many days till you harvest your vegetables.

The garden app also has other features like by putting in you zip code and telling you the farmer’s markets in your surrounding area.

And the gardening app has other features like, gardening tips, an ask the garden experts tab, and other features as well.

If this Gardening app isn’t in your area, you may want to reach out to your State Cooperative Extension & see if it is available in your area…my guess is this garden app is available for most if not all states, they may have to just set it up or turn it on.

You may want to also look on your State Cooperative Extension facebook page, bc that is where I found the free garden app.

Go to your app store & search SOW garden companion, and download via iTunes – Apple app store, or the Android app store – Google play store

I hope you enjoyed this video about the best gardening app, & i hope y’all have the best day ever & I really hope this app is available to everyone to be able to download to your phone.

Thank y’all!!

*Podcast is uploaded every Sunday on these Podcast Apps/Locations/Sites:*
-iTunes: https://goo.gl/mPcKed
-Stitcher Radio: https://goo.gl/Ea9Pfu
-Podbean: https://coghillfarm.podbean.com/
-Google Play: https://goo.gl/pHhzc4

————-
garden planner app | plant app | best garden tool | best gardening apps | best garden apps | planting companion | plant id app | garden design app | gardening design app | what to plant in my garden & when to plant in my garden
—————
Welcome To Cog Hill Farm & Homestead: the dancing farmer
We are a small family farm & homestead located in Alabama, & this is our story! #KnowYourFarmer #KnowYourFood #GrowYourOwn

If you are just beginning a homestead or just starting out, I hope these homesteading videos & our homestead channel are helpful! And keep dancing!
—————
Thanks for watching!
Have a wonderful day!
Cog Hill Farm
Jason Smith
The Dancing Farmer

1. Ethan Boyd on December 11, 2020 at 9:20 pm

Oh Jesus my man, you’re beets clip killed me! LMK if u want any hard to find seeds, I’ll throw ’em in the mail for ya, my treat.

2. Ruba on December 11, 2020 at 9:22 pm

It is not working on my country

3. Mona cook-haught on December 11, 2020 at 9:25 pm

I was excited about the App; unfortunately, it is not good for Ohio.

4. Life On Beagle Road on December 11, 2020 at 9:26 pm

Very cool app. We will have to check to see if we can find one available for PA. The Penn State Extension has to have something.

5. Pierre Anderson on December 11, 2020 at 9:27 pm

too long

6. A GREENER LIFE on December 11, 2020 at 9:27 pm

Too bad its only for AL 🙁

7. colby cheez on December 11, 2020 at 9:28 pm

Just looked up app. We are in MI. We can download app but stats are not available in our state. Bummed.

8. Ivan Mills on December 11, 2020 at 9:28 pm

Well, I didn’t see Peaches. I hope she hasn’t let Brady and the Patriots loss keep her down.

9. sparkywinston on December 11, 2020 at 9:29 pm

Thanks for the info

10. Mrs. Mags on December 11, 2020 at 9:30 pm

The Utah State Extension does not have that app.

11. Luana Haigood on December 11, 2020 at 9:30 pm

Florida has one. Called Florida Fresh

12. Life in the Sound on December 11, 2020 at 9:34 pm

That’s awesome! Right now I lean on a PNW Vegetable Gardening book by Lorene Forkner and she maps out what can be sown directly, transplanted or what to start indoors each month. But this app would be awesome!

13. Chris Barnes on December 11, 2020 at 9:38 pm

Great App, I didn’t know Alabama had this. Should come in handy.  Thanks

14. Nicole Ambrose on December 11, 2020 at 9:38 pm

Great App! Do you have recommendations on books?

15. Ron Larimer on December 11, 2020 at 9:39 pm

Not in Ohio wish it was

16. Cog Hill Family Farm on December 11, 2020 at 9:41 pm

Hope y’all have a wonderful day! And check out all our other gardening videos here: https://goo.gl/KH6W6z

17. Peace Pocket Mama on December 11, 2020 at 9:42 pm

Only available for Alabama! You are cutting edge after all!

18. Masca Trails on December 11, 2020 at 9:43 pm

Darn, couldn’t find one for NC. That app looks pretty freaking sweet though! I did get a recommendation from my state extension site for an app called BeeSmart to aid in planting pollinator friendly gardens. Looks like you can choose your zip code, then make distinctions like soil type, plant type, amount of sunlight, bloom color, and pollinator to get a list of plants you can plant. It also has info about how big the plants get and when they bloom… Could help you plan a continuous pollen/nectar supply for your bees.

19. Phoebe Mckenzie on December 11, 2020 at 9:44 pm

can you get it on the computer?

20. inderwink on December 11, 2020 at 9:47 pm

🍎thanks for this! Great tip!🍎

21. Uphill Homestead on December 11, 2020 at 9:50 pm

No Sow app available in my Texas but I found another app to use. Thanks! 🙂

22. John Smith on December 11, 2020 at 9:50 pm

TFS!

23. Ron Larimer on December 11, 2020 at 9:50 pm

I will check Ohio

24. Peggy Lindenthaler on December 11, 2020 at 9:53 pm

Do you think they have an app like that for Arizona?

25. FallingLeaves on December 11, 2020 at 9:53 pm
  26. Karen Rossler on December 11, 2020 at 9:54 pm

Hey Jason, thanks for sharing the app. I looked for an AL county that was similar to mine in SC, so I’m good to go!

27. F F on December 11, 2020 at 9:55 pm

4:08 "it’s SOW SOW handy" 😂

28. Cheryl Shenkle on December 11, 2020 at 9:56 pm

This is some thing new and only available in Alabama. "eXtension" note the different capitalization, is the national side of our county extensions and I’ll bet this is on their radar to get done but a LOT of work will have to be done first. It says to contact your county Extension to ask for it to be made available. Otherwise, always call your county Extension with questions about your garden problems. They are trained to find answers for you.

29. Bren on December 11, 2020 at 9:58 pm

I’m jealous this app isn’t in fl or mass 😣

30. Gil Cuntapay on December 11, 2020 at 9:59 pm

thanks for this aps

31. FirstDrops on December 11, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Love me some Alabama Family and Consumer Science ingenuity!

32. City Child Christina on December 11, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Doesn’t work in Michigan

33. Betten The Farm on December 11, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Great ideas and app. Thanks for sharing

34. Stephanie Branstetter on December 11, 2020 at 10:00 pm

Looks like Tennessee doesn’t have it yet! I’ll definitely call our co op though and see what they think!

35. Mary Heeran on December 11, 2020 at 10:01 pm

Not in New York

36. Andrea Bizzell on December 11, 2020 at 10:02 pm

Thank you for sharing. I am looking for a good app for flowers and shrubs. Is SOW for veggies only?

37. Oldesouth Farm on December 11, 2020 at 10:03 pm

Have had it for some time… But of course I don’t always follow it because I just think I know more then the app does… LOL. Just a stubborn old goat lady… I planted according to it when most of my market garden got froze out. But we have had a weird year… and had all that rain in the summer that wiped out the tomatoes and cucumbers due to fungus. Just a weird year…

38. Sheree S on December 11, 2020 at 10:03 pm

Hey Jason! The app is In Florida is Florida Fresh! Very similar and super handy. 🙂

39. Daybird Aviaries on December 11, 2020 at 10:04 pm

MC needs more baby goats.

40. Harmony Homestead on December 11, 2020 at 10:05 pm

AWESOME!! Hope they come to Oregon soon. Thanks for sharing! 😀

41. Erik Johnson on December 11, 2020 at 10:05 pm

TFS Great vid man

42. Catherine Ward on December 11, 2020 at 10:05 pm

Downloaded the app to try out in NC. Will let you know if it works out. Thanks so much for the recommendation!

43. Ivan Mills on December 11, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Well Wisconsin does not have one. I did find one that Burpee nursery has that is nice. Just put in your zip code and save your garden. Thanks for the idea of a gardening app.

44. María Santiago on December 11, 2020 at 10:07 pm

We don’t have that application here for the state of Georgia only a website. 🙁 You also have to do a video about your goats and your newest addition. Another question, what do you do with the intestines and other parts of the meats birds that are not for consumption? I’m going to process my meat birds between the end of March early April and I’m not too sure what to do with extras on the meat bird.

45. Lynn Evans on December 11, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Great video, it does not work for Florida. 🙁 Still enjoy ya.

46. Aleza Johnson on December 11, 2020 at 10:09 pm

It’s only available in Alabama……

47. Gail Elwood on December 11, 2020 at 10:10 pm

It doesn’t work for any other state than Alabama, so I just went to our NC state fb page and was shocked to find only 5 posts this year and the 6th post was from August 5, 2017. No questions had been answered at all. SHOCKED!!! Well, I posted and asked them about the Sow app. probably never respond to it either. Sheesh!

48. Laurie Hines on December 11, 2020 at 10:13 pm

Cool App. Couldn’t find one for GA, but I’m the same zone (8a), so I may use this one.

49. Shannon Stephens on December 11, 2020 at 10:13 pm

Is it for alabama only?

50. 50 shades of green on December 11, 2020 at 10:13 pm

good day to you jason !! thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with us today !! take care and god bless