Quick & Easy – How to build a Water Feature – In a Weekend

You probably came across our video by searching for How to build a Water Feature

Mark is The Pond Advisor, Mark Wilson has been a garden pond specialist for over 30 years. He provides these pond and water feature videos to help you guys and also to promote his multi-award-winning landscaping firm, Any Pond Limited. He is based in the UK (but has been called out overseas to work on many different water gardening projects).

Follow him on social media
– Youtube = http://www.youtube.com/c/AnyPondTV
Don’t forget to subscribe.
– Facebook_ = https://www.facebook.com/thepondadvisor
– Instagram_ = https://www.instagram.com/thepondadvisor/
– Twitter_ = https://twitter.com/thepondadvisor
– Reddit_ = https://www.reddit.com/user/thepondadvisor/

Any Pond LTD are Garden Pond Specialists in the UK

Any Pond Limited can enhance any pond or water feature. Do you need some help with pond construction, pond maintenance or even some pond repair services and if you want to book an appointment or visit our own Water Garden (please get in touch).

Here is a link to our website (https://anypond.com). Your trusted resource in the UK for Ponds and Water Features
pond design and construction, pond design, pond advisor, pond builders in the UK, any pond ltd, pond builders, pond designers UK,

pond cleaning, pond building, pond designer, how to make a pond, pond maintenance, pond plants UK, pond company, wildlife ponds, pond construction, pond repairs, pond installations, fish pond builders, pond builders, pond cleaning service, garden pond builders, pond specialist, pond builder, pond builders UK, pond cleaning company, wildlife pond building, leaking pond repair, pond repair service, pond building company,

pond construction,
how to build a koi pond,
how to build a fish pond with a liner,
fish pond layout and design,
How deep does a fish pond need to be,
How much does it cost to build a fish pond,
fish pond building tips,
fish pond installation,
fish pond backyard,
koi fish pond building,
fish pond construction and design,
fish pond construction and management,
concrete fish pond construction and design,
building backyard fish pond,
fish pond construction cost,
fish pond construction companies,

garden waterfalls uk,
waterfalls for garden ponds uk,
small garden waterfalls uk,
garden waterfalls kits uk,
preformed waterfalls for garden ponds uk,
garden waterfalls for sale uk,
garden streams and waterfalls uk,

1. joseph croft on December 12, 2020 at 9:29 pm

i wouldn’t call that simple

2. Lance Ri on December 12, 2020 at 9:31 pm

This is awesome, good job.

3. Steve Beecham on December 12, 2020 at 9:33 pm

Thanks so much, superb 👍 I have the perfect spot for something like that 🤩

4. Odds and Windsocks on December 12, 2020 at 9:34 pm

Hi Mark, loving your video’s on water falls, we love the sound of the water and have 2 fountains already, but always wanted a waterfall. This video inpertictular i like as it’s not too overwhelming In size but still has the wow factor, any pricing for DIY would be nice.

5. Mary Tramp on December 12, 2020 at 9:37 pm

this was absolutely USELESS!!!! a lot of times per of using materials but not even telling what it was!!! And glad you had a team of people helping you! Of course you can get it done in a weekend!! No wonder you had 25.7k viewers and only 448 likes…

6. Stu22 on December 12, 2020 at 9:37 pm

Mark, you are totally inspirational. Your commitment and enthusiasm really shines through. I have always wanted a pond & feature in my garden and have a very similar arrangement to this persons.
    I would like to contact you to discuss options if that’s ok?

7. Keith S on December 12, 2020 at 9:37 pm

For a longer feature do you just cut and join liner together? If so, what do you use to join the liner together? is pond fixer adhesive good enough?

8. Adam Ismail on December 12, 2020 at 9:41 pm

Thank you for this video Mark, we have an old water feature that wasn’t working when we moved in. This has inspired me to turn it into something beautiful!

9. hikinguphigh on December 12, 2020 at 9:41 pm

Could you use milk crates, aqua blocks are way to expensive

10. Edd Stoddart on December 12, 2020 at 9:43 pm

just ,,yes ….

11. nick woodrow on December 12, 2020 at 9:45 pm

Just love watching this video 👍🏻 looking forward to having a go to build this Pond-less water feature, where is it best to buy the materials ?

12. LikeWeDid Outdoors on December 12, 2020 at 9:46 pm

I’m studying all your vids mate! It’s been a lifelong idea to build my own waterfall / rockery when I finally had my own place . Got it now and am finding it very daunting now it’s here – more to it than a hosepipe blasting out the corner it would seem. Cheers for sharing your work!

13. 757 Tennis on December 12, 2020 at 9:48 pm

have any videos for how you get electrical power to the pump and lights? Did you need to dig and install power lines/receptacles? Thanks

14. Edwin Pool Vázquez on December 12, 2020 at 9:49 pm

Muy bello … Quiero una

15. Sheetal Dhuri on December 12, 2020 at 9:50 pm

Nice 🏞️

16. Caden Gaming on December 12, 2020 at 9:50 pm

Are you sure it is quick and easy

17. Mark Dathorne on December 12, 2020 at 9:51 pm

Brilliant stuff, Mark. Probably take me a lot longer. That digging work!! 😁

18. Helena Hedge Trimming on December 12, 2020 at 9:53 pm

What is that white "underlayment" you used?

19. Bigstu1984brum on December 12, 2020 at 9:53 pm

Somthing no one ever mentions is cost. How much would this set up cost me to do as a self build? So just materials?

20. Craig Hayes on December 12, 2020 at 9:54 pm

That’s great, I’ve been wanting the confidence to tackle a water feature. I think I maybe there. Just roughly how much would something that size set me back, just materials. Cheers

21. Paul Kealy on December 12, 2020 at 9:55 pm

Super video very helpful thanks

22. Diana Clark on December 12, 2020 at 9:56 pm

Thanks Mark you are an inspiration

23. Nick Jones on December 12, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Cracking work guys.

24. abrander01 on December 12, 2020 at 10:00 pm

how much gallon per hour pump for that kind of flow

25. Richard Ramos on December 12, 2020 at 10:00 pm

That’s a beautiful water feature! Great job!!

26. Northern Ireland Foot & Ankle Clinic on December 12, 2020 at 10:00 pm

If this wasn’t speeded up and had step by step information it would be great. But as it is it’s a blur. More step by step information please.

27. Keyur Desai on December 12, 2020 at 10:02 pm

That’s just super awesome. I have been watching sooooo many videos for quick waterfall feature nice months and this is just PERFECT. I’ll some of my own features as well. Inspired by this. I am from India.

Some issues:
    1. Difficult to zero chances of getting professional waterfall foam sealant over here.

2. The liner and white cloth is also difficult. Can we use thin to mid layers of concentrate for a small stream and mid size pond?

All of your suggestions and feedback will be valueable. I am keeping my heart & soul in this project.

28. prinsreintje on December 12, 2020 at 10:02 pm

Nice vid. However as a complete newbie I still don’t really know what steps it takes to build a waterfall feature from scratch. Any video you recommend? Cheers

29. Bernadette Mcguirk on December 12, 2020 at 10:04 pm

Hi mark, I was wondering what output of water pump would I need for a similar size project

30. Leah Jagger on December 12, 2020 at 10:04 pm

Going to build one! On my bucket list. Pretty excited

31. Peter Griffiths on December 12, 2020 at 10:05 pm

Fantastic – where d’you buy the bits? Reservoir/pump, matrix boxes etc and those great rocks.

32. Suzi Springfield on December 12, 2020 at 10:05 pm

On my goodness! This is absolutely fantastic Mark! Thank you for sharing! 👍🏼😊

33. Portcullis on December 12, 2020 at 10:05 pm

Excellent video. I have been planning to build a small (maybe 9 feet long by 5 wide) very natural looking pond. Deep enough for a few, hardy native fish (such as crucians) with a small stream that returns the water from the over spill to the pond as a low cascade, but not too high or artificial looking. Just a few very natural looking stones. Any tips on suitable pumps and filters, preferably solar powered?

34. Edward O'Brien on December 12, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Good video no banter short and to the point

35. Vijay Kete on December 12, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Good stuff, whats the size of this waterfall ? L X W X H, please

36. Bill olu Compton on December 12, 2020 at 10:07 pm

I really like to know if my tap will be continue running and if my electricity need to be connected to it non stop

37. Stacy Adams on December 12, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Great video MJ! It’s a nice looking feature and you make a pond clean out sound exquisite just because of your beautiful accent… Miss you

38. złap i wypuść on December 12, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Hello
    how to make a long waterfall near a pond.
    I have little space. it must be two meters long and a maximum of 50 cm wide.
    I would like to ask for help. maybe you already have such an arrangement?

39. Cheryl InTheDesert on December 12, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Quick and easy? Uh, not for the average homeowner. But it is beautiful.

40. Aamair Khan on December 12, 2020 at 10:12 pm

This setup is from Aquascape; apparently its high maintenance and cannot be cleaned.

I was reading a blog https://russellwatergardens.com/blogs/news/the-truth-about-pondless-waterfall-water-storage-basins which is quite interesting whats your take on this?

Can you create a diagonal water stream in the garden instead of the waterfall with this setup?

41. Sheheryaar Ghazanffar on December 12, 2020 at 10:12 pm

I wouldn’t mind doing that

42. Clive laughing man on December 12, 2020 at 10:21 pm

Spending my day off work watching these great Vidios getting some great ideas for my pond build soon as the weather picks up … New subscriber 👍

43. A. Gutierrez on December 12, 2020 at 10:21 pm

How much does that pump cost?

44. Richard Wiles on December 12, 2020 at 10:22 pm

Did he say quick and easy?

45. Shannon Moya on December 12, 2020 at 10:22 pm

lovely pond, from across the pond😉🌎

46. Mikes Garden on December 12, 2020 at 10:24 pm

So clever! I’ve created small water features before but your tips have given me new ideas for my next garden. Thank you it looks brilliant 🙂

47. Tracy Fan on December 12, 2020 at 10:25 pm

Wish you explain how these box system worked

48. David huddart on December 12, 2020 at 10:26 pm

Excellent Work and advice

49. Kyle S on December 12, 2020 at 10:26 pm

Well done.

50. Terry Smith on December 12, 2020 at 10:26 pm

Hi u have inspired me to bild my own water but am struggling to find the materials can u help me..