Insights Into the Art and Craft of Landscape Photography

Robert Rodriguez Jr. Photography: http://robertrodriguezjr.com
Upcoming B&H Event Space Seminars: http://bit.ly/bheventspace
In this presentation Robert Rodriguez Jr. discusses how these ideas form the basis of landscape photography, and how the “art & craft” combine to achieve what is most important, a meaningful image. He also talks about not only the basic how’s of landscape photography, but more importantly the why’s that can help you begin to “make” meaningful images instead of just hoping for good results.

1. Nino Jonas on December 14, 2020 at 9:37 pm

thanks so much for sharing this video B&H.
    The work and the teaching of Robert Rodriguez Jr. is such a big inspiration.

2. John C on December 14, 2020 at 9:37 pm

This is an outstanding insight into the techniques that turn iconic images into images that have exceptional lighting. This is one of B&H’s better videos and that is saying a lot.

3. YuriFineart on December 14, 2020 at 9:38 pm

I just love your attitude and spirit behind photography, very inspiring!

4. Alysia Van Camp on December 14, 2020 at 9:40 pm

OMG!!! You’re phenomenal! I teach basic painting and go for some of these concepts. You nail it! I tell them it’s like the first time they learn to drive a car, all the technical things first is so scary and hard, but the want of freedom is stronger, eventually it becomes second nature, like a dance.. all the ingredients coming together:) ❤️❤️❤️ and then drop it from their heads to their hearts lol

5. Atlantic Picture on December 14, 2020 at 9:46 pm

Excellent!

6. hendrik dirksen on December 14, 2020 at 9:48 pm

This is the best tutorial when you want to start or improve your lanscape photography. Every second is interesting!

7. Stephen Bridgett on December 14, 2020 at 9:49 pm

I enjoy Robert’s presentations, his values, his teachings at a very profound creative level that touches my need to make pictures so very deeply. He inspires me.

8. steven galloway on December 14, 2020 at 9:51 pm

nice to know your from BEACON NY

9. trevorpinnocky on December 14, 2020 at 9:51 pm

finally a photographer who talks about the art of photography, why it’s important and how to use it as a means of expression and communication.

It’s not the gear, it’s the heart, soul, and mind behind the individual pressing the shutter. the great photographs come from within you, not from a machine.

10. stubones on December 14, 2020 at 9:54 pm

Great insights from Mr. Rodriguez. He seems like a great guy as well.

11. B K on December 14, 2020 at 9:55 pm

very ordinary photographs. could be done with a point and shoot. He claims he’s a professional photographer

12. Kurt Langer on December 14, 2020 at 9:55 pm

If it was a 10 min vid I may start to watch.

13. Nicolaas Strik on December 14, 2020 at 9:55 pm

I love Robert Rodriguez’s talks. I watch them over and over again! I hope B and H will have him back soon for more talks.

14. Buddy Moran on December 14, 2020 at 9:57 pm

Great video. Over post-processing isn’t what makes art in photography.

15. dboy1850 on December 14, 2020 at 9:59 pm

I really appreciated this class. Thank you for posting.

16. Arun Dangwal on December 14, 2020 at 9:59 pm

love this, in-depth from inside.. was not just a presentation to see but to feel it.. thanks Robert for showcasing what he feels from inside!

17. hoba rey on December 14, 2020 at 10:00 pm

utterly perfect…thanks for the video…

18. andy sheader on December 14, 2020 at 10:00 pm

One of THE best B&H videos I’ve seen. Great, really enjoyed the passion and dedication of Robert :thumbs:

Cheers.

19. Najja Foluke on December 14, 2020 at 10:04 pm

I’ve watched this video 3 times already since I first came upon it. Besides it being very inspirational, it’s also filled with lots of information to help me to become a better photographer. It’s one of the best produced on this channel. Thanks to Mr. Rodriguez for sharing his knowledge and experiences.

20. Achilleas Labrou on December 14, 2020 at 10:05 pm

Too bla bla zero technic.

21. Zach Ashcraft on December 14, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Wonderful thoughts on how to approach the art of landscape photography. I think the "why" question, while different for everyone, is so important.

22. james tecco on December 14, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Who is Wil Rose?

23. Adam Papworth on December 14, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Thanks.

24. fluorescentpunk on December 14, 2020 at 10:09 pm

Thank you for this wonderful presentation, preparation and sharing of your insights, reflections and wisdom… You put into words what I think I’ve been feeling, along with many more tools to keep me inspired and pactising! Great teachers are rare, thank you!!

25. Ilia Frenkel on December 14, 2020 at 10:09 pm

Probably the best video on B&H that I’ve seen so far. Thank you Robert for sharing!

26. Sanke Venkat on December 14, 2020 at 10:11 pm

Very interesting and inspiring . Thank you so much to sharing your thoughts.

27. Shams Shaikh on December 14, 2020 at 10:12 pm

28. TS Fetzko on December 14, 2020 at 10:13 pm

I was lucky enough to be there…and on Ansel Adams’ birthday!  Great seminar with an inspiring photographer.  Continued thanks to B&H and gratitude to Robert for sharing his vision.

29. hawg427 on December 14, 2020 at 10:14 pm

When I was a younger photographer I would have given an arm & a leg to be Ansel Adams Asst.  But I guess that would have been sorta hard w/o an arm or a leg. LOL  Landscape is hard, the sun is in control. LOL  One of my favorite Pastors, DR. Charles Stanley loves landscape and wildlife photography.

30. Carol Collins on December 14, 2020 at 10:15 pm

This video is inspiring. Thank you.

31. Steve Loop on December 14, 2020 at 10:16 pm

Very well done Robert! Inspirational talks and great photo’s man!

32. B&H Photo Video on December 14, 2020 at 10:16 pm

+Bruno Martelli  Thanks for your inquiry – please contact Robert Rodriguez directly at http://robertrodriguezjr.com/contact.

33. blutformel on December 14, 2020 at 10:16 pm

Not so good pictures.

34. 506Nancy on December 14, 2020 at 10:18 pm

This is an exceptional video by a fantastic photographer. Mr. Rodriguez is a great teacher who is dedicated to his art.

35. EJ's Lawncare on December 14, 2020 at 10:18 pm

awesome vid, i liked and subscribed, check out my channel!

36. chiradio tv on December 14, 2020 at 10:20 pm

very good & informative video. thank for posting

37. Gary Chow on December 14, 2020 at 10:21 pm

Best part of this for me was when he said the key to getting a good photo is not exposure (or any other technical aspect) but capturing the essence of what you see with your eyes. It’s about composition and composition comes from within; the shot has to say something about what you are feeling about what you see.

38. Owen Tuckett on December 14, 2020 at 10:22 pm

I really got a lot from this video about the art of photography. I have watched a lot of B and H video seminars and they are excellent. I particularly like the lack of technical information – f-stops, ISO shutter speed etc – in this video because it made me think of form, light, colour and composition. There is a place for technical information but it isn’t here. This is not about learning a formula but about thinking about the kind of image you want to make. There a lot of inspirational quotes here as well. Thank you Robert.

39. Krabman on December 14, 2020 at 10:22 pm

Great lecture, nice choice of quotes

40. shu172 on December 14, 2020 at 10:23 pm

Really great presentation. I am appreciating landscape photography more and more and Robert’s thoughts are very inspiring.

41. B&H Photo Video on December 14, 2020 at 10:24 pm

+Erwin List  Please contact Robert Rodriguez at http://robertrodriguezjr.com/contact. Thanks for your question!

42. anne coleman johnson on December 14, 2020 at 10:25 pm

Thank you, this was great.

43. Sam Kennedy on December 14, 2020 at 10:25 pm

Excellent Presentation !!!

44. daviangel on December 14, 2020 at 10:28 pm

Great tip about covering the LCD I haven’t seen anyone else mention before not to mention tons of other great tips on photography in general!
    Personally, I learned photography in the film days where you had to take a lot more time to setup and compose your shot. Also, if you didn’t know your camera inside/out you have very little chance of getting a decent picture or anything anywhere near what you had in mind. So I can relate to what he’s saying here.

45. Rex on December 14, 2020 at 10:30 pm

Best video I’ve seen in a while, thanks B&H.

46. marcus trombly on December 14, 2020 at 10:30 pm

Excellent presentation of what photography is all about! Great advice, understanding, and Insight!

47. Leonardo Almeida on December 14, 2020 at 10:31 pm

Boring.

48. Doc Hamilton on December 14, 2020 at 10:32 pm

A fine workshop. I want my viewers to see the same thing I saw out there. I’m still trying.