Using the Garden Planner to Make the Most of Your Garden

Getting the most from your vegetable garden is easy using our Garden Planner. A well-planned garden helps you avoid common issues that affect the health and productivity of your plants.

With over 250 plants and 100 structures, you can easily identify the best positions for each plant and move them around until you get the perfect layout.

See how many plants will fit and which crops can occupy the same space in your garden at different times of the year.

Receive reminders by email when it’s time to start planting, specifically for your garden and your climate.

If you love growing your own food, why not take a look at our online Garden Planner which is available from several major websites and seed suppliers:
and many more…

To receive more gardening videos subscribe to our channel here: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=GrowVeg

If you’ve noticed any pests or beneficial insects in your garden lately please report them to us at http://BigBugHunt.com

1. Haze1434 on December 15, 2020 at 9:33 pm

Thank you 🙂 Purchased a year license a few days ago, looks good so far!

2. Pauline Gamble on December 15, 2020 at 9:33 pm

Please advise how to delete a an item (small box)from my plan, or can you delete the whole plan, and start again I am just getting started.
    Thanks

3. Rainbow300182 on December 15, 2020 at 9:34 pm

If there would be an Android-app and not only iOS, i would get it. But as long there is only iOS supported, i won’t. And i don’t want to take my computer to the garden.

4. Bill Rubino on December 15, 2020 at 9:34 pm

Does it function well for Swedish weather

5. Bchara Bujawdeh on December 15, 2020 at 9:39 pm

It doesn’t work in my area and despite many attempts, the bug was never fixed

6. Nis 3r on December 15, 2020 at 9:39 pm

Cool Idea that I would pay a one time fee for (between $30-45) but I’m trying to be more self sufficient and subscribing to a yearly service doesn’t work for my plans.

7. Dormousey on December 15, 2020 at 9:44 pm

Great to see it has been updated since I last looked. Any chance I can have different screens for different parts of the garden or would I have to slide round the one screen? By this time next year we should have several no dig beds, several hugels, a few polytunnels, a fruit area and a green house. It would be good to include my mushroom growing areas too although I don’t (yet!) expect you to advise on those but I guess I could add custom reminders? So glad to have found you again 🙂

8. Danielle Saliba on December 15, 2020 at 9:44 pm

Does it work accurately in Australia?

9. Grasshopper on December 15, 2020 at 9:45 pm

Subscription cost strips any benefit in small garden area, would be good if one off payment available as would pay itself off over several years

10. Suzi Scholtz on December 15, 2020 at 9:46 pm

I’ve used your garden planner for years now…. But I learned several new functions today! My only complaint is you can only save 5 garden plans. I am a volunteer manager of 2 gardens besides my own. Fortunately, I figured out that I can update each garden from year to year instead if starting a new plan. I do recommend your Planner to my friends! Thanks!

11. surber17 on December 15, 2020 at 9:52 pm

I really love the quality of your videos!

12. This Babybee on December 15, 2020 at 9:53 pm

Is the app still getting the updates we were told were coming? Or has that been left to die

13. Lisa Roberts on December 15, 2020 at 9:56 pm

I’ve been using this for my vegetable garden and started a plan for flower beds/herbs and have run into some popular plants like hostas or poppies not available. Anyone run into this and substitute or search somewhere for additional options?

14. Roland Close on December 15, 2020 at 9:56 pm

I’m sure many folks will find a garden planner useful.

15. J1Bigtime on December 15, 2020 at 9:56 pm

I have trouble with the app on my iPad. It won’t let me do filled shapes for paths and whatnot. Would also love to see some watermelons added to the crop list! Otherwise I think it’s a great app and it’s been super helpful for me with renovating the garden.

16. valentine tomin on December 15, 2020 at 9:58 pm

When using the ‘add a new variety’ feature and inserting the seed packets’ general information. Does the localised information in the software adjust this generic information to meet my gardens conditions?

17. Trashboat on December 15, 2020 at 10:00 pm

Looks great but as I have an android phone, I can’t use it.

18. Poly Ester 66 on December 15, 2020 at 10:04 pm

Oh my, I aquired two plots just as we locked down. It wasn’t a great start as I couldn’t shop for seeds and online shopping was a nightmare so did broad beans, spuds and onions. However these videos have been simply amazing – it’s taken me three/four viewings to trust my self to take the plunge. The gardening language was scary – thinning, chitting, earlies, mulching. And finally what to plant for continuous crop, how many rows for ongoing crops, one off planting and yield etc etc was a bit overwhelming. But this planner for a project manager is the gift of gifts – it’s October and I’m dying that it’s not feb, March,April. Thankyou so much your easy watching and listening videos they have been reassuring and the planner has fed my needs for efficiency and order. I just hope Now that I do you proud.

19. Joseph Milazzo on December 15, 2020 at 10:04 pm

I love the app. Hoping for a non-flash app and Android in future as well.

20. Noonie Scharling on December 15, 2020 at 10:04 pm

Can the Garden Planner be changed into Metric measurement? Thanks 🙂

21. florida msjefmaker on December 15, 2020 at 10:06 pm

why a yearly subscription ? would prefer buy once with upgrades and fixes included..and it needs to work on all devices

22. Rebecca Bartlett on December 15, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Where do I purchase this? I Googled The Garden Planner but bunch of stuff popped up.

23. Gilles Sellier on December 15, 2020 at 10:08 pm

still nothing for Android or Linux. too bad. looks great

24. Hiltsy Homestead on December 15, 2020 at 10:12 pm

Bought the one year 🙂 so far so good, it has helped me figure out where and how big I want to make my garden boxes and also what I am going to plant and how many starts I will need for the things I am starting inside 🙂

Here is my plan if anyone is wondering if they should get the program, I also just run it from the website…

25. Barbara Hodgkinson on December 15, 2020 at 10:12 pm

How do i get the planner please?

26. Ayymen Alsabahi on December 15, 2020 at 10:13 pm

Hello from sweden

27. Chris Collins LMP on December 15, 2020 at 10:14 pm

Free trial doesn’t work…

28. My Family Garden on December 15, 2020 at 10:15 pm

Really useful app, should make life easier!

29. Wandering Tall Guy on December 15, 2020 at 10:19 pm

I will use it for ipad. Thanks man

30. Truth Defender on December 15, 2020 at 10:21 pm

is this android app ready?

31. Beaguins on December 15, 2020 at 10:22 pm

Love the garden planner, but some flowers need to be added. Notably absent are daisies, primroses, hostas, hydrangeas, poppies, holly, violets, agapanthus, bleeding hearts, forget-me-nots, heleniums, hellebores, jasmine, lilacs, hollyhocks, yarrow, and lupines. Savory should also be added to the herbs.
    The planner really makes planning fun. I can get info, look for companion plants, and customize so many things. I’d like to thank whoever made the software.

32. Juan Franco on December 15, 2020 at 10:27 pm

Hi, I’d like to know if this could be adapted to a tropical climate with temperature between 17-28 and a height of 900 masl.
    Please let me know, I am interested.
    Thanks and i love your videos too much.

33. Rob Mackay on December 15, 2020 at 10:31 pm

Can I put history in to help me plan for this year?