Setting up a Basic Indoor Grow Room

Much like the garden outside growing indoors does not have to be complex nor expensive. In order to enjoy gardening inside you will need three things, Soil, Light and Seeds.

What is the best potting mix
What kind of light do you need to grow food indoors
What kinds of plants can you grow during the winter

Indoor Growing Playlist:

Check us out on Facebook:

1. waterlafee Clarke on December 16, 2020 at 9:43 pm

Really appreciate this info. It was straight-up and to the point. I dont really have this type of lighting and I have been experimenting with growing in pots by every window. However, I get lots of bugs (fruitfly-like) and wondered about whether I should continue.
    You have answered many questions I have pondered. Thank you.

2. Marilynn Arnold on December 16, 2020 at 9:44 pm

So I need to switch the 100 watt regular bulb to a LED bulb that I have? I am using a grow tent. I thought the 100 watt would be more like sun light and I would use it 12 hours per day with a small fan running in the grow tent. Is this wrong? Help! I just put the plants in yesterday.

3. Ashton Zee on December 16, 2020 at 9:45 pm

thuis guyb is freaky

4. Kepler180 on December 16, 2020 at 9:46 pm

i learned so mush in 4 minutes thanks man

5. The Street DIY on December 16, 2020 at 9:47 pm

Amazing content

6. Barbara Ann on December 16, 2020 at 9:49 pm

Really well done! This was the first video I’ve watched on this subject and you made everything very clear, simple, and straightforward. Thank you, 10 stars!

7. Tancy Milligan on December 16, 2020 at 9:52 pm

❤❤❤best video❤❤❤. The others I saw they talk too fast and i’m still new to this.

8. Christina Davis-Evans on December 16, 2020 at 9:56 pm

Thank u this was simple, educational and straight to the point

9. Konsuelo Ramírez on December 16, 2020 at 9:57 pm

Thank you for this very interesting and highly educative video

10. H L on December 16, 2020 at 10:01 pm

You had me at seeing your IMAC; if it’s not Apple it’s cr-p! Basically, it’s just OSX vs. DOS, do your homework people!

11. Vzero_Snexfur on December 16, 2020 at 10:03 pm

Hi thanks for this video can you please link to sight items to buy on Amazon or eBay thankyou

12. farolitodepapel on December 16, 2020 at 10:03 pm

Hello! I’d like to get some help for my plants. I live in a tiny condo with lots of natural light but no direct sunlight for 9 months a year. Next to a large window I have a little pine, a little lemon tree, some gardenias and many more plants. They’ve survived previous winters, but they get “sad” without sunlight and some of them tend to go long reaching out for light and weak.
    Do you think LED grow lights could help? Red lights? How many of them?
    Thank you from Buenos Aires!

13. HG CHANNEL on December 16, 2020 at 10:04 pm

👍

14. Debra Bain on December 16, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Thank you. As a teacher you are amazing

15. VAN Վան Հայաստան Armenya on December 16, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Great video. You greenhouse professional mine junky https://youtu.be/V9sUHpUS0lI

16. Tara Dobbs on December 16, 2020 at 10:06 pm

What about growing strawberries in a basic pot indoors during winter? I bought a preset strawberry plant with soil and pot in July. 1 of 3 survived and is doing well, but has not sprouted flowers for it’s first crop. During the winter, is there anything I should do to protect the plant from any cold from the window? The sunlight is coming from a slight north west to north east direction. Thanks for your help.

17. Team Mates International Inc. on December 16, 2020 at 10:08 pm

What brand of soil and compost do you use?

18. Kay Ruth on December 16, 2020 at 10:09 pm

Growing SPINACHE indoors would be good, you can harvest part of it but leave some leaves so the can still get their sunlight but it will grow back again in a few weeks. Called cut and come again, lettuce varieties also do the same thing💝☺

19. DA hobbies - diy on December 16, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Hei.. Helo.. I m from South india.. And my balcony is North facing. Can I grow all veggies and flowers???… Please do reply…. I m really worried

20. Barbaryotaku on December 16, 2020 at 10:11 pm

Can I grow apples? I am not getting many fruit cos pf lockdown.

21. sithu kaushalya on December 16, 2020 at 10:12 pm

Thanks

22. Natalie Miller on December 16, 2020 at 10:13 pm

thank you!

23. Quisha Handford on December 16, 2020 at 10:13 pm

Good information
    But your voice is annoying. Like when u heighten your sentence at the end, that’s annoying as shyt

24. Luna Sparks on December 16, 2020 at 10:15 pm

What window do I use if I’m in the middle? Not quite northern and not quite southern?

25. Smiley Leaves on December 16, 2020 at 10:16 pm

I think my avatar picture says everything

26. lex on December 16, 2020 at 10:18 pm

The time lapses😍

27. shannon cardinal on December 16, 2020 at 10:18 pm

Thank you for making these great videos. Hope all is well with you. It is really cool to come across someone from my town who deals with the long cold winters. Growing food at home fascinates me. I’ve had some success with raised garden beds but I need to increase drainage. Thanks again. Great work with growing your own food.

28. richard roy on December 16, 2020 at 10:20 pm

good info ‘well done ”

29. DrAlbert Pakin on December 16, 2020 at 10:21 pm

Great video but dude you look like you are scared of the camera.

30. Zaka Pentax on December 16, 2020 at 10:24 pm

Tests has showen plants started indoors are less potent than plants started later outdoors

31. Anita Loyd on December 16, 2020 at 10:26 pm

Sharing information and thank you for sharing love.

32. Zach Morris on December 16, 2020 at 10:26 pm

Used coffee grounds make a great compost aswell. Sometimes you can get free used grounds at a coffee store.

33. Courteney Perreault on December 16, 2020 at 10:26 pm

You sound like a robot

34. Happy Vibes on December 16, 2020 at 10:27 pm

You are amazing 🙌🏽🤗

35. Darren Mc Donagh on December 16, 2020 at 10:28 pm

Im from Ireland I live in Canada 8 years now on Vancouver island .MY God the Canadian accent is terrible 😂😂😂

36. Cheesy Boi capree on December 16, 2020 at 10:29 pm

Yea but I have a cat..

37. Zaka Pentax on December 16, 2020 at 10:32 pm

3:10 LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO your wrong, but the sun’s spectrum and intensity is way overpowered for plants, so they made the light but just as concept cause it has to much useless power

38. Hyder's Adventures on December 16, 2020 at 10:32 pm

How did you record the panning time lapse? That was very cool!

39. Defect on December 16, 2020 at 10:33 pm

Excellent video. It’s hard growing indoors in an Alberta winter with townhouse windows that rarely see sunlight.

40. ganga pokhrel on December 16, 2020 at 10:33 pm

Cool information i like it❤

41. Pelly Williamson on December 16, 2020 at 10:33 pm

This video was one of the best videos I’ve seen. Can you please tell me what did you use to record your audio? It flowed nicely throughout the whole video

42. Katelin Travelbee on December 16, 2020 at 10:35 pm

LED lights are more expensive at first but they use less electricity, so less expensive there

43. Baysik on December 16, 2020 at 10:35 pm

You should stop talking like a news reporter . It’s too monotone. Be yourself

44. Karen W on December 16, 2020 at 10:36 pm

My mom has sunlight bulbs she uses because she needs more whatever u get from the sun. I wonder if these types of bulbs would work

45. James Dickoff on December 16, 2020 at 10:36 pm

thank you my growing room is very well thanks to this video. very big

46. SFGal9 2011 on December 16, 2020 at 10:37 pm

Very good video. To the point, useful information, done. Thanks oodles from this beginner gardener!

47. Amara Nazario on December 16, 2020 at 10:39 pm

Thank you for this awesome & informative video!!

48. Kepler180 on December 16, 2020 at 10:39 pm

good video but no cringy intro pls remove that

49. Poetry Language Of The Soul on December 16, 2020 at 10:41 pm

Direct, to the point, keeping things simplistic & inexpensive, great voice…Yep! I’m a new subscriber. Thanks a lot! I do have a question. Which potting soil & compost would you suggest? I’m totally clueless & new to growing anything! Thanks again.

50. Valerie Sanchez on December 16, 2020 at 10:42 pm

I like to use the jobe’s fertilizer spikes. Makes my life easier that way