Fall Season Vegetable Garden in Jacksonville

Earth Works Garden Center Manager Matthew Barlow discusses Fall season vegetable gardening in Jacksonville and surrounding Northeast Florida including typical vegetables grown from seed, soil requirements, fertilizers, soil amendments, pest control along with approaches that include succession planting, and pruning versus picking your harvest.
Comments with questions below.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE!!

Also follow us on:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WorksEarth
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/earth.works/
Check out our website: http://www.earthworksjax.com

1. isabel zammuto on December 21, 2020 at 9:52 pm

If it is ORGANIC why by products from bottles?!? Make your own organic products,,,,,Like garlic and cloves the insects hate them

2. Lover of love on December 21, 2020 at 9:59 pm

In central Florida we have a lot of fire ants. Is there anything you would suggest doing about them. My yard is covered. Or do they not really harm the plants much?

3. angela vanessa on December 21, 2020 at 10:02 pm

thank you for the information, youre the only one ive watched that talked about succession growing. i live in yulee and im just waiting for this couple of days of cold and im getting to planting.my 1st time growing, wish me luck, thank you!!

4. Yessenia Cabrera on December 21, 2020 at 10:05 pm

I live in fort mayer,do you think is thrash same?

5. Supreme Family Garden on December 21, 2020 at 10:05 pm

Thanks for sharing enjoy your evening

6. Danielle Rom on December 21, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Thanks for sharing. Great information. I leave in Tampa Florida. I am about to start my first veggie garden. Thanks for the tips.

7. joel quintana on December 21, 2020 at 10:16 pm

I live NJ all you talk is excellent and also can be use in other zone than Florida. Thanks so much!. I watch a lots of videos and your is a summary of all them .

8. Wolfgang David on December 21, 2020 at 10:18 pm

If you grow Bromeliads do not spray copper on them they will die

9. Grace Gniazdowska on December 21, 2020 at 10:20 pm

Is the BT the same BT MonSatan uses for BT corn?

10. Lynn Mina on December 21, 2020 at 10:23 pm

Great video, thank you!

11. Annie’s Home&Garden on December 21, 2020 at 10:25 pm

hi
    great info video. i just subscribe..
    you are in jax?
    i live in savannah..

12. Bad Weatherfreak on December 21, 2020 at 10:30 pm

I am going to make some vegetable beds. Want to do my own garden.

13. Apollo SOL on December 21, 2020 at 10:36 pm

That squirrel

14. patdthomas on December 21, 2020 at 10:38 pm

I lived most of my life in Connecticut where you plant cool weather crops in March and warm weather crops in May. When I moved to Florida, it took me years to break that habit. Now I’m planting cool weather crops in December and the warm stuff in February/March and again in late August through September. July and most of August is just too hot and a total bust unless you’re into sweet potatoes. It took me 20 years but I think I finally got this Florida thing down.

15. Martha Figueroa on December 21, 2020 at 10:42 pm

Thank you for sharing that great information.

16. Joe Dover on December 21, 2020 at 10:42 pm

what part of Jax are you located?

17. Ms. Educated Woman on December 21, 2020 at 10:45 pm

Thanks for sharing 😊

18. Joseph Sliepka on December 21, 2020 at 10:45 pm

Tomato horn worm…

19. Scarlet anzu on December 21, 2020 at 10:45 pm

Where do you buy everything?

20. Pamela Mills on December 21, 2020 at 10:47 pm

Thanks Matthew! Very helpful video.

21. Grace Gniazdowska on December 21, 2020 at 10:47 pm

I really want to plant celeriac, celery root, they are a common every day vegetable in European cooking but the stores treat it like an exotic vegetable and charge 5.99 a lb, they are heavy and you would end up paying like $10 a bulb, which is completely ridiculous. Do you have any pointers? Please.