BILLY JOEL BREAKS MADISON SQUARE GARDEN RECORD

Billy Joel was honored by Madsison Square Garden on Wednesday, April 19, for breaking the record for consecutive sell-out shows. Joel, a New York native, broke the previous record of 10 set by Bruce Springsteen, and New York State senator Charles Schumer declared the day Billy Joel Day.

Joel said that he is as surprised as anyone that he was able to play 12 sold out shows at Madison Square Garden.

1. HAKKIM INMEXICO on December 24, 2020 at 9:56 pm

wooh , the bill´s is the most great pianoman

2. Bill Daly on December 24, 2020 at 9:57 pm

Miguel, Why you sayin’ that bro? He’s knocking Joel for no reason. AND…Look at what he said to you. Good ol’ Johnnydingleberry2. I agree though. I’ll let his IQ shine through his comments from now on.

3. RevolutionaryJam on December 24, 2020 at 9:57 pm

gotta love him!

4. Conor McCabe on December 24, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Billy is amazing in concert. I saw him and Elton at Gilette Stadium last year!

5. JammLP on December 24, 2020 at 9:59 pm

What’s the song at the very end?

6. damaband41 on December 24, 2020 at 9:59 pm

what song is he playing at the beginning?

7. Kevin Mocker on December 24, 2020 at 9:59 pm

jackbox1971- I hope your right. Id love to hear new Billy Joel stuff -Most of the candy ass pop stuff on the radio sucks – cmon Billy you gotta g have one more great album in ya.

8. purpledude603 on December 24, 2020 at 10:02 pm

Way to go Billy boy, you deserve it !!!

9. Jake Cravotta on December 24, 2020 at 10:10 pm

I never gave Billy enough credit, I always liked his stuff, but never really knew just how good he actually is, until the last couple of years. He’s an amazing musician, I give him props for his accomplishments.

10. David Walker on December 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm

Thanks, very interesting.

11. kennyplay on December 24, 2020 at 10:13 pm

WHEN WAS THIS? The date? anyone know>?

12. Bill Daly on December 24, 2020 at 10:13 pm

OH MY GOD! Are really that frickin’ stupid? I know YOU said that HERE. But where is it stated anywhere on the internet that he was laughed out of office? He was never laughed out of office you idiot! Nor did he commit suicide…not politically or physically.

Nobody has any idea why you made your original comment in the first place. If you don’t like Billy Joel or thought that Schumer shouldn’t have declared the day Billy Joel Day, tough shit. Go away, stay off this post then.

13. john dink on December 24, 2020 at 10:17 pm

Hey Miguel, go fuck yourself!

14. jackbox1971 on December 24, 2020 at 10:19 pm

I would love to hear some new Joel… I think we’re ready for some more angsty, slightly pissed off piano rock a la Glass Houses.

15. Bradley Marshall on December 24, 2020 at 10:21 pm

Billy Joel’s awesome!!!

16. MrBlueSwede on December 24, 2020 at 10:23 pm

@JammLP Prelude/Angry young man đŸ˜‰

17. Scott Brady on December 24, 2020 at 10:24 pm

@JammLP "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant."

18. Rickard Ă–sterlund on December 24, 2020 at 10:25 pm

Don’t they mean Madison Square Garden was honored by Billy Joel?

19. MichaelDinaswirled on December 24, 2020 at 10:25 pm

When I was twelve, Piano Man appeared, Billy with the big old eyes and huge head of hair! Then over the thirty five years since then, this man, the ONLY one whos lyrics you could ALWAYS make out, has put out so many greatly talented songs that my 17 yr. old and I both love him equally. Billy’s the Heart of N.Y.!!

20. john dink on December 24, 2020 at 10:27 pm

Where does it say it? Can’t you read? Look up at my post.

"Charles Schumer was then laughed out of office and eventually commit suicide."

21. john dink on December 24, 2020 at 10:28 pm

"where is it stated anywhere on the internet that he was laughed out of office"

Um, this is the internet buddy. I do appreciate that you can’t dispute what I say without resorting to vulgarity and childish name calling though. Now take a step back from the computer before that vein in your forehead bursts.

22. john dink on December 24, 2020 at 10:29 pm

I don’t think so. Didn’t you see what I wrote?

23. john dink on December 24, 2020 at 10:30 pm

Yea, I didn’t say he was dead. Just that he commit suicide. Now who’s the idiot?

24. sgtpepper1138 on December 24, 2020 at 10:33 pm

WHERE ARE THE DVDS, I WANT DVDS

I saw him 2 weeks ago, and MAN he’s STILL a great singer/pianist

hope these DVDs come out soon

25. Steph Charbonneau on December 24, 2020 at 10:33 pm

i find it amazing that he beat springsteen see billy joel is my number 1 but springsteen is also HUDGE so BRAVO BILLY <3 and i love his music,lyrics,voice,piano playing ofcourse but man do the lyrics touch you..omg when i listen to songs wich is 24/7 i cant beleive how much the lyrics stand out with the melodie and his vocals!! and billy has a better vice than springsteen i gotta say and its the truth

26. Bill Daly on December 24, 2020 at 10:36 pm

Yeah, I saw what you wrote. You stated Schumer
    "eventually committed suicide…"

He’s alive still.

Go to: schumer dot senate dot gov

Show me where’s he dead…

27. Joel Barry on December 24, 2020 at 10:37 pm

@LivingDog94 I meant no disrespect to the Beatles or any other mucsical stars.
    I was stating my feelings about Joel. The B’s were wonderful. Leonard Bernstein once said that to relax he listen to the Beatles. He loved them.

28. Joel Barry on December 24, 2020 at 10:38 pm

@LivingDog94 Hey Living Dog, it’s true. When I ask my son in law how’s things goin at home? He usually responds, "It’s all good man" He’s in his late 30’s though. Also, my nickname in high scholl was "thee dog"

29. Bill Daly on December 24, 2020 at 10:38 pm

Schumer is alive and well you idiot.

Rock on Billy!

30. john dink on December 24, 2020 at 10:43 pm

"New York State senator Charles Schumer declared the day Billy Joel Day."

Charles Schumer was then laughed out of office and eventually commit suicide.

31. VOXX MECHANIX on December 24, 2020 at 10:43 pm

That is a great comparison. Billy Joel is one of my most favorite singers and songwriters. His music is very complicate and at times very hard to sing even for good singers. Gershwin is also complicated but find it easier to sing, maybe its just me. I love them both.

32. Jesse Jordan on December 24, 2020 at 10:46 pm

What an amazing talent!!! The reason I chose to play piano!!! A little disappointed that he fired his drummer of almost 30 plus(Liberty Devitto) and married a little 12 year old girl BUT HEY "It ain’t no crime"!!!

33. Joel Barry on December 24, 2020 at 10:48 pm

@LivingDog94 By praising, Billy I meant no disrespect to the Beatles. They were great. So were the Eagles. The Boss, the Who, Stevie Wonder et.al. Too many to name them all.

34. David Walker on December 24, 2020 at 10:55 pm