Easy, cheap houseplant grow lights

Easy solution for houseplant grow lights. You don’t have to spend a lot of money on grow lights for your indoor plants, especially if you just need a solution during winter. Here’s my solution and a bit of info about the most simple plant grow light setup.

—–

Nick Pileggi: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcTxBKjsb-RAM-p4Hk6P48A

—–

Here’s the lamp that I bought (Amazon.fr): https://amzn.to/2FKOowi

I found the products I mention on US Amazon.com, please note that these are my Amazon Associates links:

The aquarium LED panel: https://amzn.to/2TgrXqD

4-pack of CFL bulbs | 6500k, 1600lm, and 23W: https://amzn.to/2FGblRf

6-pack of LEG bulbs | 5000k, 1600lm, 16w: https://amzn.to/2RhsZjI

3-in-1 soil moisture/light/pH meter: https://amzn.to/393pNz4

—–

To see all the products I use and/or recommend for houseplant care, interior design, or video gear, check out my Amazon Influencer storefront.

If you purchase items through this storefront, I earn a little money: https://www.amazon.com/shop/betsybegonia

—–

Music is “Lair” by Aquassaut: https://soundcloud.com/aquassaut/lair

—–

Join the live plant chat community on my Discord server: https://discord.gg/e4sApJY 💚

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/betsybegonia/
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/betsybegonia
CONTACT: hellobetsybegonia@gmail.com
PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/betsybegonia

—–

#growlights #lightingforplants #plantertainment

1. GummiiGir on December 24, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Thank you oh my god.

2. charger265rt on December 24, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Basic ??? I think ya research a little deeper then you had plan to

3. Dionysus Peanut on December 24, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Ur so funny. 😆

4. 2020 ELECTION SNAPSHOTS on December 24, 2020 at 10:07 pm

where are the lights?

5. ezumach on December 24, 2020 at 10:08 pm

Betsy, I found your wonderful channel because I grow cannabis (I’m in a legal state). But I discovered I can use my fancy grow setup to grow plants and other such things. I am beginning to surround myself and townhouse with plants. Very therapeutic having them around and seeing what I can actually grow. All the best.

6. a random soviet soldier on December 24, 2020 at 10:09 pm

i just wanna grow succulents and cati

7. NnekaBaby on December 24, 2020 at 10:11 pm

This video starts at @9:51 . You are welcome.

8. 019Ms on December 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm

Quick?? Well, that was not quick at all.. But thanks

9. flower power on December 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm

You are a LIFE SAVER!!! Clear cheap and simple info!! My plants will Thank youuuu 😊🌿❤️
    Greetings from Athens, Greece!

10. Sofia Wils on December 24, 2020 at 10:13 pm

Dear Betsy, you make too much noise. Plants love silence & serenety.

11. Donald Spacone on December 24, 2020 at 10:15 pm

Well Done

12. beat my meme on December 24, 2020 at 10:15 pm

Do these work for mushrooms? Please help

13. Complex R Beats on December 24, 2020 at 10:18 pm

Great video! I use a 280W LED full spectrum with 560 LEDs from eBay. I think it’s great and I am thinking to buy one more later on.
    The lamp I use is here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/174544092489
    Please do a review on this light 😀

14. Heidi Donner on December 24, 2020 at 10:19 pm

Where did you get your shelf in the back?

15. The amazing José on December 24, 2020 at 10:20 pm

Great video. Thank you 🙏🏽

16. David Castro on December 24, 2020 at 10:21 pm

This was so helpful, thank you!! I have one question though, if I wanted to could I leave the light on for longer than 16 hours to benefit my plants even more, or would that hurt them/not be useful for some reason?
    If anyone knows anything that could help that would be great

17. Stella of the Lake on December 24, 2020 at 10:21 pm

THIS IS SO HELPFUL THANK YOU!

18. Jas Yutuc on December 24, 2020 at 10:23 pm

Hi! Do you have a grow light setup video?

19. Othermails08 on December 24, 2020 at 10:23 pm

Gosh… talk and talk and talk.

20. Diesha Jackson on December 24, 2020 at 10:24 pm

Will these bulbs work??

Great Value LED Light Bulb, 14W (100W Equivalent) A19 General Purpose Lamp E26 Medium Base, Non-dimmable, Soft White, 4-Pack.

21. MrKozlicek on December 24, 2020 at 10:27 pm

This video was SUPEEEEER helpful 🙌 also, very entertaining video. Subscribed!

22. Lee Atkinson on December 24, 2020 at 10:28 pm

Lumens! Is it not par we are interested in?

23. trucker wrecker on December 24, 2020 at 10:28 pm

Yer awesome. Thanks for the tips

24. Sean Oberly on December 24, 2020 at 10:29 pm

Thanks for the entertaining info!

25. Dana Chats on December 24, 2020 at 10:31 pm

Do use the special Gro bulbs or just the common Led light bulbs?

26. Marek Broda on December 24, 2020 at 10:33 pm

Anotherquestioniswhyicantlistentoyourvoiceasyouforgotsmallbreaks 🙂

27. Brian Cruz on December 24, 2020 at 10:33 pm

Would you happen to know if there is a difference between plant/aquarium lights and the LED type panels or strips that DJs use?

28. Elite Student on December 24, 2020 at 10:37 pm

I really really loved the way you speak and explain you are full of emotions.. thank you 🌹

29. jermaine britten on December 24, 2020 at 10:37 pm

I like your videos informative and funny at the same time!!!

30. Imp0ster on December 24, 2020 at 10:38 pm

oh my gawd why are you being so annoying?

31. Noel Joy on December 24, 2020 at 10:38 pm

All your links are in French or something, so I couldn’t find them
    In English.. kinda sucky

32. Mel Christensen on December 24, 2020 at 10:40 pm

Literally went and ordered aquarium lamp you got on amazon because I have a homalomena who is being a dramatic B and dropping leaves everywhere since autumn hit here. I’m in the west of Ireland and we get constant cloud even in the summer but I have an unheated conservatory and I keep my plants there so they do fine. NOT IN WINTER THOUGH. Too cold for them there in winter and so they had to be moved. Problem is, during the winter it’s just DARK all the time and without that extra light the conservatory gives them they’re all having a fit (but esp my Maggie, she’s a goddamn dramaqueen)

BASICALLY your vid was a lifesaver. Thank you!

33. Travell Jackson on December 24, 2020 at 10:40 pm

New Subscriber Here! U are hilarious!!

34. An Omnomnomnivore on December 24, 2020 at 10:41 pm

I want to know what you think of the ikea navlinge. I’m planning to get parakeets and a chia pet and maybe a couple of plants to give them the opportunity to forage.

35. Brian NYC on December 24, 2020 at 10:42 pm

So my 12000 lumen led bulb may be a bit much lol

36. P M on December 24, 2020 at 10:44 pm

You are adorable! Thanks for all you do❣️

37. Hannah Clack on December 24, 2020 at 10:47 pm

Hi! So what was the aquarium light product you like so much? Do you still like it? Thanks for all the info! I got myself some LEDs today, but hoping to experiment between the two.

38. Andrea Cannon on December 24, 2020 at 10:47 pm

You seem very knowledgeable about plants. Your intro is dreadful. Too much chaos.

39. Noel Joy on December 24, 2020 at 10:49 pm

THANK YOU!!! I moved from having 70 foot all windows to literally no windows. And this is so strait to the point, thank you thank you

40. bogart man on December 24, 2020 at 10:50 pm

41. Maggy Araujo on December 24, 2020 at 10:54 pm

You talk to much I just stop this video

42. Sidney Patin on December 24, 2020 at 10:54 pm

Help! How can I get Rosemary seeds to germinate and grow into plants? I have had miserable luck with them.

43. Bruce Le Smith on December 24, 2020 at 10:55 pm

love the vaudeville twang in this video, and thanks for this practical knowledge nice balance between theory and application with some design sensibility {sips wine, brushes cheeto dust onto plants}

44. Anthoni Grande on December 24, 2020 at 10:55 pm

Hi there, I just found this video because I’m as well looking for light solutions that fit my aesthetic needs however — doesn’t this one force you to have all your babies gathered on the same compact area? I mean, what about the other ones in your room, do you switch places every now and then or… I just literally have them sorted around the room as I think fit the best but it’s basically grey sky and pretty much no light up until mid spring for us here in Spain haha, dont wanna have a full overhead bulb blasting the house 24/7, wanna keep some sort of mood.

45. Korali Anne on December 24, 2020 at 10:55 pm

I lost like 9 on a random snow storm we had a few weeks ago😫

46. R E on December 24, 2020 at 10:56 pm

I just got an Ikea tertial lamp and ikea ryet bulbs to use as plant light. I have only three plants. Eucalyptus and one, well shrub with sophora prostrata and corokia. Yeah they are hard to keep happy indoors with central heating and no sun for months (scandinavia). But I’m determined to try and see if they will like having this light on them..

47. Kevin Rodriguez on December 24, 2020 at 10:59 pm

Does a Philips flood light work good I have 2 flood lights with 1350 lumens and honestly Im thinking of using them but I’m not sure it is over kill or too much

48. Betsy Begonia on December 24, 2020 at 11:00 pm

At like 3:15 I am mindlessly talking and not paying attention to watt I am saying. A 400-watt bulb doesn’t use 400 watts per hour. I just meant that 400 watt bulbs will cost more than 30 watt bulbs. 😂 Electricity usage is calculated by kilowatt hour. A kilowatt hour is 1,000 watts used during one hour. For example, a 100-watt bulb that’s turned on for 10 hours would use one kilowatt-hour.

49. Jean-claude Levandowski on December 24, 2020 at 11:01 pm

Hi what would you sue for a bonzai

50. It's Pouring Paint on December 24, 2020 at 11:02 pm

Thank you. This helped me a lot.