Herb Garden Design Ideas

Herbs are a versatile addition to your garden, adding color and aroma while also encouraging beneficial insects and even confusing pests.

With a transformative effect in the kitchen, herbs can enhance meals, contributing bags of flavour and turning the ordinary into the extraordinary.

In this short video we share some design ideas to help you fit more herbs into your garden whatever the style, size or shape.

If you love growing your own food, why not take a look at our online Garden Planner which is available from several major websites and seed suppliers:
and many more…

To receive more gardening videos subscribe to our channel here: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=GrowVeg

If you’ve noticed any pests or beneficial insects in your garden lately please report them to us at http://BigBugHunt.com

1. Herbal DT CH on December 25, 2020 at 10:16 pm

Jom Tengok Khasiat Herbal-Herbal Semulajadi Yang Boleh Kita Amalkan Untuk Kesihatan di Youtube Herbal DT CH https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHQkWdUUm8FVbcyO_U3TpOg

2. Lavender Sunday on December 25, 2020 at 10:18 pm

This is my first year working with herbs. I’m in region 8 in East Texas. I’m getting my feet wet with herbs in pots and so far so good. I have chocolate mint, pepermint, lemon balm, lemon tyme, stevia, cilantro, Italian oregano, greek oregano, holly basil and my two favorites!!!Pinapple sage and African blue basil.

3. Caleb Cologna on December 25, 2020 at 10:20 pm

I have a somewhat small container garden and keep most of my herbs at the end closer to the front door so I can just grab a pinch while I’m cooking.

Plus it makes enjoying the cloud of bees around my basils easier

4. J Jay on December 25, 2020 at 10:20 pm

This was the most useful posts I’ve found and I’ve been searching for some time, so thank you for this useful vlog.😊🌿

5. TheFunKwitz on December 25, 2020 at 10:20 pm

when is the best time to plant out a new herb garden? SE UK . Great vid. Big Ups

6. Tiny Farm on December 25, 2020 at 10:25 pm

Love the presenter, as well as the content!
    Could you please identify the pink flowering plant around the base of a tree at 2mins 37 secs into the video?
    More info on greenhouse growing would be terrific.
    Thanks

7. Elaine Lerner on December 25, 2020 at 10:31 pm

I especially enjoyed this video as I love herbs! I incorporate many throughout my vegetable garden. You might mention some are easy to grow inside on sunny window sills.

8. Sreehari N on December 25, 2020 at 10:32 pm

Great video from the wonderful channel again..

9. Sandor's Health and Wellness on December 25, 2020 at 10:34 pm

Awesome info thanks for sharing!!!

10. Ann Hancox on December 25, 2020 at 10:34 pm

We put our herbs on the corners of our raised bed gardens. We would LOVE to know where to get the basket weave raised bed at 2:43 if anyone knows. Thank you!

11. TheTrueabundance on December 25, 2020 at 10:36 pm

Herbs can also be used medicinally. I grow thyme and sage which both make a great infusion to relieve coughs, lavender helps to calm you and helps you sleep if you put a sprig under your pillow (the smell is wonderful!) and comfrey leaves can be made into a poultice and wrapped round sprains to aid quick healing and bring pain relief.

12. Sandra Brown on December 25, 2020 at 10:37 pm

This video talks about planning your garden on their spreadsheet planner. But where can I get this?

13. VianneyCreates on December 25, 2020 at 10:39 pm

Lovely examples!

14. Seth on December 25, 2020 at 10:40 pm

Are there any herbs that suits a Balchoney that have walls almost all around only a few hours of evening sunlight in the summer?

15. Asim Nawaz Veggies Home Kitchen Garden on December 25, 2020 at 10:41 pm

Great informative video about different varieties of herbs according to their weather condition

16. Bruce Allen on December 25, 2020 at 10:42 pm

Great video. Good info. I found a book that’s super cheap and really helpful. It’s always helpful to have some additional resources: https://cutt.ly/6rvewD4

17. Masha Holistic Cure on December 25, 2020 at 10:43 pm

I’ve planted mint, oregano and lemon balm and over the years they have taken OVER the garden 🙁

18. Deborah Fleming on December 25, 2020 at 10:44 pm

I just love your videos. Your instructions are wonderful and easy to follow. Thank you so much for posting these.

19. CampK9DayCare on December 25, 2020 at 10:45 pm

I am just building a wooden wall/raised lanter around my patio specifically for herbs

20. Jelly Bean on December 25, 2020 at 10:46 pm

You’re amazing… I love your channel.

21. Ann Hancox on December 25, 2020 at 10:48 pm

Where can I purchase the basket weave borders displayed in this video for my garden? Thank you!

22. Simone Bourgeois on December 25, 2020 at 10:59 pm

I need your gardening expertise. I would like to know how you grow your thyme & rosemary. Every time I try to go them I only get to pick a few stims before they suddenly die. 😭

23. D Laity on December 25, 2020 at 11:01 pm

We went with a herb spiral about three years ago – never looked back! We didn’t even have the resources to do it ‘properly’ so it’s phenomenally successful all things considered.

24. Andrew Martin on December 25, 2020 at 11:05 pm

Feeling inspired to break up my full sun patio now to plant herbs into in the spring. Thanks.

25. Steph Anie on December 25, 2020 at 11:05 pm

I have chocolate mint planted in planters near my front door. It is so beautiful …deep green with purplish stems and veining… and it smells INCREDIBLE. It also makes great tea, dessert garnish, mojitos, or just chew on it for fresh breath.
    It is my favourite herb even though I use it the least when I’m cooking. 💚

26. Ben on December 25, 2020 at 11:07 pm

My business specializes in designing and installing drought-tolerant landscapes. I once had a client who loved making her own homemade herbal teas and asked if I could integrate something into the design that would allow her to have easy access to the more than 25 herbs she liked scattered through the yard. So I installed a few outcroppings of large moss boulder clusters that were spaced just so, allowing for all her herbs to grow between the warm stones. This also helped to control the more aggressive growth tendencies some herbs tend to have. They were all elevated up between 2 and 3 feet high, which added an aesthetic element to the profile of the landscape, and also so they could be easily reached and harvested each day for her delicious cup of tea!

27. Garden Deco on December 25, 2020 at 11:14 pm

I want to try it right now. Good idea!