ARIZONA GARDEN in OCTOBER: What TO DO & PLANT – plus tips for FALL GARDENING

October gardening in Arizona. Find out what to do this month to have a successful fall and winter garden. What you can plant in October in hot climates.
*Which VEGETABLES to plant and whether to plant seeds or transplants.
*Which garden tasks should be done to help your garden survive and thrive during October.

Want to learn more?

Renee’s

Rachio Sprinkler Controller:
Sticky Traps:
Soil Test Kit:
Organic Fertilizer:

Link to buy garden grids: https://gim.ositracker.com/140976/10616
Use code ‘Angela10’ to save $10 off $100.

Thanks for watching!

1. Jocelyn Soria on December 27, 2020 at 10:06 pm

My yellow bells are literally crispy and brown. Might they come back or are they goners?

2. PRP242009 on December 27, 2020 at 10:07 pm

I am so happy to find your channel 😃 I want to plant flower bulbs this year, when is the good time to plant them in lower desert areas?

3. Shahnaz Currim on December 27, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Did you say to spray the peppers with epsom spray? Is that just an epsom salt solution?

4. Jackie Johnson on December 27, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Thank you Angela! I’ve had some oranges dropping from one of my trees. They haven’t even ripened yet. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

5. M.E. Miller on December 27, 2020 at 10:08 pm

This video is more about what to HARVEST vs what to PLANT.

6. Trang Nguyen on December 27, 2020 at 10:08 pm

I’ve lived in Chandler for about six years now after moving from Florida for 22 years. It was weird that everything I threw in the garden grows immediately and becomes a weed. Here, since I lived in an apartment for two years and condo in four, everything I grew on my balcony died by the time June hit. I was so happy December-May, but I got pretty depressed every time my plants, flowers, and vegetables died. (My condo faces the sun.) in the past, I’ve googled and YouTubed so much about balcony planting in Arizona and haven’t been able to find much. I wasn’t even sure it was possible to get something as lush as what you have. My boyfriend has a pretty decent sized backyard, and I desperately can’t wait to get a nice herb and vegetable garden going. I YouTubed “Arizona October garden”, and I’m so, so grateful you just uploaded this. Coincidentally 15 hours ago. Thank you so much, and I look forward to watching your channel grow!

7. Glenda Ross on December 27, 2020 at 10:09 pm

❤️❤️❤️❤️

8. Rhyan Brandt on December 27, 2020 at 10:09 pm

Thank you for your Channel, makes planting in Arizona a lot easier

9. Ajaib Brar on December 27, 2020 at 10:09 pm

Love to watch your videos. Subscribed.

10. rc for short on December 27, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Danelle suggested this❤️

11. PeaceLoveAndRico on December 27, 2020 at 10:12 pm

oh my goodness! the roselle!!! i love them. i’m vegan and i use them as a meat substitute for tacos… when i’m not making tea. where can i find them? i’m in east mesa here.

12. Aly Han on December 27, 2020 at 10:18 pm

You are amazing! A wealth of knowledge. Had my first (somewhat unsuccessful) garden in Mesa AZ this spring now looking forward to all the yummy things to plant in October!

13. BH Fusion on December 27, 2020 at 10:22 pm

Hello! Your channel is really amazing. I have been starting a garden and your straightforward guide for plants to grow here in Phoenix is great especially month to month. I bought 10 bags of your soil mix from AZ worm farm today, it has a very organic deep brown look. Very excited!

14. Nazarite Without Walls on December 27, 2020 at 10:24 pm

What is your ratio for the Epsom salt and how often do you spray?

15. Lillian Walker on December 27, 2020 at 10:24 pm

Love your monthly videos. We will be trimming all of lantanas back in October. The flowers are really starting to fade out.

16. Francine Cheswick on December 27, 2020 at 10:25 pm

Hi, Your garden is amazing! Where did you get the trellises that your Queen’s Wreath is on? (The ones that are attached to your wall) I need that large one as well as the small one. Thank you!

17. Samantha Jacobo on December 27, 2020 at 10:32 pm

Yay! So glad I found someone local with gardening videos!

18. Karl K on December 27, 2020 at 10:32 pm

I was wondering how your garden bed worm towers did thru the summer. I used frozen water bottles to keep my bins cool. I made it without any fatalities. I appreciate your information. you are spot on for us desert rats.

19. Snow Drop on December 27, 2020 at 10:33 pm

Where do you purchase your grow bags from? I love them, they are extra large and they look very thick, the brown/beige ones that looks like a potato sack with handles.

20. Killacorn on December 27, 2020 at 10:33 pm

You are the best!! Thank you! These videos are amazing.

21. Geriann Roth on December 27, 2020 at 10:34 pm

I’m curious about your seed packs both wild flowers & root crops etc but would they be viable here in Barbados West Indies. We only have a dry & wet season no snow no sleet no cold spells/freezes.

22. TypicalFlutist on December 27, 2020 at 10:34 pm

Can we all just shed a tear for those “monsoon tomatoes”… 😭😭

23. neha on December 27, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Your garden is enviable, especially here in the desert! Thank you for making these videos. They’re very informative. Would be easier to navigate the videos if they were sectioned into subtopics based on what to harvest and what to grow, for newbie gardeners like myself that don’t really have much harvesting to do yet ☺️

24. Alex Scarla on December 27, 2020 at 10:36 pm

Yay its October! Been looking forward to your new video. You have the best format and presentation on youtube for us valley gardening newbies. Thanks so much!

25. Elizabeth Coleman on December 27, 2020 at 10:37 pm

A friend of mine in Phoenix says she never had success getting cilantro from seed. I heard you say they do better from seed though. Any specific tips?

26. Provident Pathfinders on December 27, 2020 at 10:37 pm

Man, Im in AZ as well and have been hit and miss with my garden for years. I once lost an entire crop of bell peppers to giant caterpillars and a chihuahua. My best success has honestly been onions, radish and turnips every year. Ive been pretty much basing all my decisions off of a UofA planter schedule with maybe a 50/50 success rate. I really enjoy your channel and the knowledge. I hope to apply some tips soon.

27. Gilberto Rodriguez on December 27, 2020 at 10:37 pm

Great video and info thank you. I have a beautiful fig tree in my back yard I believe it is a Brown Turkey? But last and this summer when the figs look ready to be picked they had a lot of little brown beetles inside and the fruit was spoiled. What are they? Is there any way to prevent them or control them? We love figs but I have been thinking about diging it out and replace it with an apple or dwarf keylime. The birds, japanese beetles and this other small beetles and ants inside them got most of my figs. I’ll appreciate your help. Have a great October.

28. Texasgirl77077 on December 27, 2020 at 10:38 pm

My large basil plant from Texas died within two weeks of coming home with it. My basil seedlings sprouted but died next day. My basil hopes? Dead 😢😭

29. Sol Cruz on December 27, 2020 at 10:49 pm

Angela, I know I have been making a lot of question 🙋🏻‍♀️ 🤭, I have one more…what is the amount of Epson salt and water to mix for the pepper plants!? Thanks a lot for your help! 🤗🙌🏼💫✨blessings 💓

30. Jayaru Paranagama on December 27, 2020 at 10:49 pm

Thanks for this Angela! Really appreciate it!
    Was wondering if you’d be able to do a video on citrus trees and deep watering?

31. Awakenthemasses2016 the truth on December 27, 2020 at 10:51 pm

I look forward to your videos every month! I’m a square foot gardener also and I’d like to try my hand at onions this year. How many do you plant per square? I have walla walla, red burgundy and texas grando. The square foot gardening book I have says 9 but that seems like a lot for onions. I appreciate all your help and guidance ❤️

32. Corinna Saldanha on December 27, 2020 at 10:52 pm

I’ve been following your blog/website this year and have grown a wonderful garden in Queen Creek thanks to your advice! Thank you!

33. Sakura Moore on December 27, 2020 at 10:53 pm

Slowly I am learning how to glow plants, flowers, fruits and vegetables, I am finding gardening very therapeutic and inspiring, spending time outside with my hands in the earth while observing nature grow.

34. mimi4816 on December 27, 2020 at 10:53 pm

Hello! Do you grow dragon fruits? I grow some from California friend mailed some to me this May! I just wonder what cold temperature will cover them ? Thanks

35. Clint Dehner on December 27, 2020 at 10:54 pm

I would really like to hear your feed back on your Rachio controller

36. Rose Hill on December 27, 2020 at 10:54 pm

Love your garden – thanks for all the great info. Subscribed!:)

37. noheanaka on December 27, 2020 at 10:56 pm

My cucuamelon struggled and I’m considering starting some more – with how hot the season has been do you think it’s too late?

38. tara sporleder on December 27, 2020 at 10:56 pm

The flowers you say you scatter the seeds on ground…can they grow just on the natural az soil. Id love to have those pretty wild flowers growing.

39. Daniel Fisch on December 27, 2020 at 10:58 pm

Great info and looking forward to planting our starts, thank you for sharing.

40. Mumbai Balcony Gardener | Vlogs and More on December 27, 2020 at 10:59 pm

Sheer delight ❤️👌🌟

41. Rosemary Murray on December 27, 2020 at 11:00 pm

I’m not going to plant any thing right now , I’m just going to work the soil to get it ready for spring ,with the hot weather we just had I have loss my apple tree ,

42. FlowerPower on December 27, 2020 at 11:01 pm

Thank you! Great info. Now let’s see what will I be able to do in my yard. Yours look amazing ❤️