How Gardening Helped Me This Year

Hey there! In this video I share a clip from The Backyard Garden Podcast where my buddy Ben and I talk about how the garden and gardening has been and can be healing.

A few links are below if you would like to check the podcast out (new episodes released every Thursday).

Thanks for watching and may the garden and garden be healing for you too!
………………….
Backyard Gardens TV featuring thebackyardgardner & b betta garden

SEE us on Instagram and YouTube
🍉IG https://www.instagram.com/backyardgardenstv/
🍉YT https://www.youtube.com/c/BackyardGardens/

LISTEN to the PODCAST anywhere you listen including:
🍉Spotify https://open.spotify.com/show/0mhebHqc22jfPsO21BymjO?si=iHQSVszATf-B2_-Vvsy3jg
🍉Apple https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-backyard-gardens-podcast-gardening-for-everyone/id1478272793
🍉Podbean https://backyardgardens.podbean.com

1. Candy's Container Gardening on December 29, 2020 at 10:11 pm

Gardening is my favorite pastime to be hopeful and grateful.

2. Emilio Yohanan El on December 29, 2020 at 10:21 pm

I really enjoyed this💯🙌🏾

3. School House Rap on December 29, 2020 at 10:26 pm

I have thoroughly enjoyed your channel this year! Thanks for sharing your journey 🥰

4. Sharon L on December 29, 2020 at 10:35 pm

I struggled with anxiety and depression this year. I used gardening to help me cope. Gardening helped me so much. I don’t like to sit in the house, i like to be outdoors doing something. I was able to build flower boxes, grow veggies and flowers. It really pulled me through! Yor channel and the podcast are helping me get through the winter. I’m taking notes and learning how to garden indoors. Thanks Batavia !

5. Cat Clark on December 29, 2020 at 10:38 pm

Love my garden, just ate a salad fresh picked out of it! Working in my garden is definitely a very healing experience.

6. Becoming a Farm Girl on December 29, 2020 at 10:42 pm

Love the transparency in this video, B! I also found myself 2 months ago reconciling s deep sadness as the fall season snuck up on me over what felt like an abrupt end in one weekend. I came to rely on the early mornings of jumping into my small gardening as I processed through some of what you named and other things. 2 months later I now appreciate that sometimes you have to sit and process those things m, and the reflection has not only given me time to think and plan improvements for next years garden but also to rest, read, and enjoy indoor crafts (canning, reading, etc). I’ve got to jump back into listening to the podcast! No habla for highlighting this portion. Happy New Year!

7. Supreme Family Garden on December 29, 2020 at 10:46 pm

👍👍

8. Maureen Rowland on December 29, 2020 at 10:56 pm

Working in a garden gives me the same feeling as looking at the stars at night—how amazing and vast this universe of ours is, and how connected we should all be. Your grandmother sounds wise, Batavia. There are many ways to learn the important lessons in life, but gardening is a great teacher! Thank you for sharing your love of gardening with all of us this year.

9. Sonya Murray on December 29, 2020 at 11:02 pm

First B Betta You have one of the most lovely front yards I have seen. I love the layout of your backyard garden too.

My mother died April 5, 2020. Getting up early in the morning taking care of my plants helped me to grieve the loss of my mother. My mom loved being outside. She planted flowers and vegetables into her eighties. I emerged myself into caring for and planting potted flowers. It makes me feel close to my mother even though she is no longer with us. I planted several varieties of peppers in containers and some herbs. I planted collard seeds outside in cups in June and transplanted about 65 seedlings in 2 raised bed on Labor Day.

I am composting for the first time. I have a 30 gallon bin with compost that should be ready in a few weeks. I started a 20 gallon garbage container with compost today. I watch gardening videos almost every day and take down notes. My Christmas gift from my husband is a homemade seed starting station. We will shop for the supples after January 1 to set it up. I already have lots of various vegetable seeds and flower seeds that deter insects. I am excited about gardening in 2021, it is very therapeutic.

10. Momma J on December 29, 2020 at 11:05 pm