My Favorite Herbs in a 'Plant a Bar' // Garden Answer

Huge thanks to Gardener’s Supply for flying us out and letting me have free reign of their stuff! So much fun! πŸ˜ƒ

4 x 2 Plant a Bar – https://goo.gl/K4G5hD

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/gardenanswer
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gardenanswer
Email: contact@gardenanswer.com

Send Mail To – 580 S Oregon St, Ontario, Oregon 97914

Brands we partner with:

1. Karen Ross on January 2, 2021 at 10:36 pm

Love the plants and your idea. However, I don’t think the bar is too practical. Does it have storage? I plant my herbs in a barrel on my patio. Its decorative and makes gathering herbs very convenient .

2. Candace Candy on January 2, 2021 at 10:37 pm

I would suggest if you enjoy Tea, to take some sage and throw it into some black tea while it’s boiling . If you like sugar, add it! It’s delicious!! I like it with or without sugar. I learned of this tea while in Jordan and I have loved it ever since. Also can do the same with Cardamom. ☺

3. Kyle Davis on January 2, 2021 at 10:38 pm

herbs are a good pick

4. Chrissy Kaiser on January 2, 2021 at 10:38 pm

I love this idea. I would fill this up with just lavender. Perfect place to drink my morning coffee!

5. Scott McCracken on January 2, 2021 at 10:39 pm

Welcome to Vermont!

6. Wandy Gonzalez on January 2, 2021 at 10:41 pm

Love it.

7. Miguel Arucan on January 2, 2021 at 10:43 pm

I love her! Thanks for sharing <3

8. ISABEL T. RODRIGUEZ on January 2, 2021 at 10:43 pm

I love it. Can this be done with vegetables? but in something smaller?

9. Sydney Collar on January 2, 2021 at 10:45 pm

Sounds like you do a lot of good cooking with a variety of verbs- can you show us some cooking videos??

10. Bailey Bergeron on January 2, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Ahh youre in Vermont!! I want to meet you!

11. Ula Yee on January 2, 2021 at 10:49 pm

That container just screams for a storage at the bottom. So much space underneath waisted.

12. *THICCY NICKY THICCER DAN A SNICKER* on January 2, 2021 at 10:51 pm

I want to know how to bring back a tirger lillie cause I had one and the about 3 days of having it the flowers start falling of even the ones that started blooming I was shocked when I see that the top part of the plant starting to get bronw so I cut it off and the plant has stay like that I just wanted to have beautiful flowers. please let me know

13. Sebastian Navarro on January 2, 2021 at 10:54 pm

Is it okay for me to plant cilantro and dill in full sun in Southern California? I’m not sure if it’s too hot for them . . . Any tips?

14. S.J. Lamb on January 2, 2021 at 10:54 pm

I do like this idea, I wouldn’t use a bed so high but I like that I could place it so near the kitchen! Do you follow anybody on youtube? I am always looking for more gardeners to subscribe to but I have a hard time finding ones I like enough. I really adore your channel though and hope you might reccommend some.

15. Nancy Bennett on January 2, 2021 at 10:56 pm

I haven’t seen anyone pick Sweet Annie before. I have it. Once it’s in your garden it reseeds and you have it forever! Which is a good thing. Smells so sweet!

16. Lisa Walters on January 2, 2021 at 11:00 pm

That’s fun.

17. Guster hero on January 2, 2021 at 11:00 pm

Hmm seems like a whole lot of hassle for a small planting space if you ask me, but I guess to each their own…

18. Crafty Sher Cupcake on January 2, 2021 at 11:01 pm

Love it! πŸ’•

19. Divya Bajaj on January 2, 2021 at 11:02 pm

vary nice

20. Sandra Moody on January 2, 2021 at 11:02 pm

Lavender lemonade…sounds really good. You should do a video on how to make it.

21. Carley Gross on January 2, 2021 at 11:04 pm

ive got mold growing on my terracotta pots ive got my hpuseplants in! πŸ™ what do i doo!!? :'(

22. kkk rr on January 2, 2021 at 11:05 pm

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ’“πŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ»πŸŒΏπŸ’πŸŒΊ

23. agonza on January 2, 2021 at 11:06 pm

I would add herbs that one would use in an adult drinks. mojito bar πŸ˜‰ strawberries for sangria’s yum!

24. Sansa Stark on January 2, 2021 at 11:06 pm

Laura, your large Plant a Bar link isn’t working hon… Just thought you might want to know! =)

25. Kasie Burritt on January 2, 2021 at 11:10 pm

Can we get your recipe for the lavender cookies? Thank you

26. Grandma Sandy on January 2, 2021 at 11:11 pm

I love how you did the herb garden. Adding the strawberries was a great touch of color too.

27. Annie Vance on January 2, 2021 at 11:11 pm

I’m a Forestry major at UVM right in Burlington and would LOVE to get a job at Gardener’s Supply Co!!!! I work at a local garden center at home in CT over the summer but want to continue my plant work all year! Such a great company in a beautiful city and a great location down at the Intervale!

28. Libby's Little Garden on January 2, 2021 at 11:12 pm

wish I had the roomπŸ˜– love itπŸ˜πŸ˜€

29. Marcy Griffo on January 2, 2021 at 11:13 pm

Great idea for older or handicapped who have trouble with lower pots or in ground gardens!

30. Gigi on January 2, 2021 at 11:13 pm

Re the sage, try putting some butter and sage leaves in a pot and cook it on low for awhile until the butter is browned. Then you can use that on something like ravioli. Sure made me change my mind about sage. πŸ™‚ re the artemesia, i didnt know that is an edible herb? I thought it was more utilitarian/maybe medicinal?

31. J MH on January 2, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Hi Laura! Please make a video on how to treat for insects on indoor plants. It was about 2 weeks from when i first bought my jade plant to when i noticed it had an infestation of mealy bugs… also noticing some tiny tiny fast moving ones on one of my cactuses and some little flies around my african violets. ☹️ not sure why i have such a problem with this! I groom my plants every week so there isnt much dead foliage for pests to thrive on… is there something i can spray on all my indoor plants weekly as a preventative method once ive got the initial problem under control?

32. PeterPlanter on January 2, 2021 at 11:14 pm

I miss your succulent videos. Like when are you gonna be back on making succulent videos ? I need more of them Laura!! please make succulent videos again!

33. Vanessa Torres on January 2, 2021 at 11:15 pm

do you get to take it home?

34. Bla Bla on January 2, 2021 at 11:16 pm

Neat idea, but is water drainage a problem?

35. Julie Patey on January 2, 2021 at 11:18 pm

Just wondering if the shelf to the bar fold down?

36. mary hill on January 2, 2021 at 11:19 pm

What a wonderful idea, also keeps the herbs off the ground level away from the herb loving critters, they love to eat my herbs…..

37. Cindy Holman on January 2, 2021 at 11:20 pm

Love this.. when I saw this bar in the catalog I put it on my wish list!! Great job as usualπŸŒΊπŸŒ²πŸŒ·πŸŒΏπŸŒΌπŸ’š

38. Jessica Dennison on January 2, 2021 at 11:20 pm

love you so much…. seriously goals.

39. M xmm on January 2, 2021 at 11:21 pm

Could you make a video on pruning annuals like petunias to make them look more compact, if that’s what people do πŸ˜€

40. sheriwhispers on January 2, 2021 at 11:22 pm

In my head I’m thinking of,having such a large container anywhere within my garden….
    Sad to say I consider it an eyesore? Perhaps those who are apartment dwellers would get more use out of it.
    Also whats underneath the planter base….. An it should have a strip of metal that runs along the bottom. Thanks for sharing

41. Meg Marmottin on January 2, 2021 at 11:23 pm

Now I’m super intrigued to learn more about your cooking and baking! Hope that you will share some of your recipes with us one day, especially including things that you pull from your own garden.

42. Prisilla Cope on January 2, 2021 at 11:23 pm

LOVE IT!!! Love you stories & how you use the herbs too!! πŸ˜„πŸ’šπŸ“πŸŒ±

43. HealthyGroceryGirl on January 2, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Love your videos!! xx

44. annesia rampersad on January 2, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Maybe turning it into a fresh salad bar would be wonderful too!

Tomato, lettuce, berries almost anything that one could throw into their salad!

Would encourage kids to eat more greens if they could pick and prepare them on their own…allows creativity for adults and kids alike

45. Robbie Tullos on January 2, 2021 at 11:25 pm

but the lavender and thyme require different moisture than the basil. is all that going to really work in the long run?

46. Garden Love Homestead on January 2, 2021 at 11:27 pm

i love this!

47. Linda Readman on January 2, 2021 at 11:29 pm

In my family, we hardly use any herbs in our food. I’m learning how to grown them, but still don’t know how to use different types of herbs for what. Such as Greek and Italian Tarragon, Lavender, basil, Parsley, and several others. I guessed I’ll need to look around YouTube for some ideas. πŸ˜‰

48. Gwenevere Kummer on January 2, 2021 at 11:30 pm

You should have put some mint in your herb bar for juleps. 🍷🍸🍹πŸ₯‚

49. bluesky7226 on January 2, 2021 at 11:34 pm

I planted up an herb garden in a raised ‘table’ for one of my clients. It was quite fun to plant and is easy and comfortable for her to maintain. Great idea! Love the design. πŸ€—πŸ€—

50. Happybidr on January 2, 2021 at 11:36 pm

No mint for mohitos? Seems perfect for a "bar."