How to Grow Delicious Herbs in Containers

Delicious, aromatic herbs look fantastic in pots and can transform your cooking. Grow several different types together and you’ll enjoy fresh pickings time and again.

A herb planter looks gorgeous and makes a unique, personal gift for your gardening- or cooking-obsessed loved ones.

In this short video you’ll find out which herbs grow well in containers and discover our top tips for growing herbs in pots.

If you’ve noticed any pests or beneficial insects in your garden lately please report them to us at http://BigBugHunt.com

If you love growing your own food, why not take a look at our online Garden Planner which is available from several major websites and seed suppliers:
and many more…

To receive more gardening videos subscribe to our channel here: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=GrowVeg

1. Suzan Hill on January 7, 2021 at 10:52 pm

I have a rosemary bush that has completely taken over my herb garden. It’s a monster, but the hummingbirds are daily getting nectar from the residual blossoms even after our first hard freeze. How hard can I cut it back without killing it?

2. Jay Kae on January 7, 2021 at 10:53 pm

What would grit be called in North America? Never seen that sold here before

3. DeepWaterz on January 7, 2021 at 10:55 pm

#GardenGove

4. Andrea Giannetti on January 7, 2021 at 10:59 pm

Hi 🙂 Do you have a link to buy the perfect soil for my aromatics plant? I have sage, rosemary and Basil all Outdoor, but they aren’t growing really well, I bought a cheap soil so I would like to change it for a good one, thanks 🙂

5. melovescoffee on January 7, 2021 at 11:01 pm

Beautiful arangement! Stone pots are so nice for herbs.

6. Kemsingnews Barathan on January 7, 2021 at 11:03 pm

Thanks for the Advice

7. H2Dwoat on January 7, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Do you have any tips on how to preserve any excess herbs.

8. Sheetal Kumar on January 7, 2021 at 11:05 pm

thankyou

9. Lina Piedrahita on January 7, 2021 at 11:06 pm

OH my gosh! You are great at this!! Hope i can as much as i can from you 🙂 Please keep it on! I really enjoy your videos, your accent and your plants

10. Lucas Pompey on January 7, 2021 at 11:09 pm

This came just in time, I’m currently planning which herbs and beneficial flowers I’d like to grow this year in my raised beds.

11. Rajnish B on January 7, 2021 at 11:10 pm

Thank you for sharing and helping in making the world a greener and cleaner place. Rgds from Mauritius. Keep up the wonderful work!!!

12. Gardener Earth Guy on January 7, 2021 at 11:11 pm

I’ve used bubble wrap before, it’s sorta classy now.

13. Stephie on January 7, 2021 at 11:13 pm

What’s the secret to keeping the soil in pots fertile and fresh? It’s so hot where I am it is hard to keep plants in pots but I love what you have done here! Great videos. I enjoy every one of them.

14. Sheetal Kumar on January 7, 2021 at 11:15 pm

please suggest a herb container combo with basil.of grow and care.

15. Muddy on January 7, 2021 at 11:19 pm

I planted parsley in a lot but when I took sprigs off for cooking, it didn’t grow back! What am I doing wrong?

16. S1iznc1d3 on January 7, 2021 at 11:21 pm

Good idea putting broken pot pieces over large drain hole.

17. Gena Tools on January 7, 2021 at 11:23 pm

I have one question though. It’s a bit unrelated though, but why do you put multiple seeds in one hole when you plant seeds.

18. Kellie on January 7, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Sometimes broken pot pieces in the bottom will block draining..use a coffee filter!! 🙂

19. Wingedshadowwolf on January 7, 2021 at 11:27 pm

I didn’t know parsley likes shade, that might explain why it did so well indoors!

20. Jeremy Dowd on January 7, 2021 at 11:27 pm

Very nice arrangement and helpful tips. My herbs are the most well-utilized parts of my garden. It’s a great savings over the expensive packages of cut herbs at the grocery.

21. Britt Hanson on January 7, 2021 at 11:35 pm

This was do helpful…Thank you!

22. CaptTurbo on January 7, 2021 at 11:37 pm

My tip for herbs is that the "h" is silent and "winta" has an "er" at the end. lol!!!!

23. John Dope on January 7, 2021 at 11:38 pm

My thyme plant will not grow… Help

24. Gayathri Nagarajan on January 7, 2021 at 11:46 pm

We have a beautiful vegetablr greens and herbs terrace garden too

25. Willof TheWisp on January 7, 2021 at 11:46 pm

Thank goodness! Finally "herb" being pronounced correctly.
    I fear my pots are too small for my plans and I did it the wrong way round, bought random herbs that I liked without first checking their growing needs so out of the eight or so I chose I can only use three in the same pot. Trust me to pick greedy herbs and wild flowers 🙄
    So lavender munstead, chamomile nobilis and purple sage in one pot. Garden mint in an oblong pot of its own. lemon balm, I guess, on its own too? As is mint family also
    Then hyssop, valerian and catmint … No idea, I suppose I need to look for some larger pots.
    Rose, wallflower and sweet peas all in their own pots too. I’d put the catmint with the Rose but I doubt I’d find a pot big enough. Could I start them together and move them into their own pots as they grow?

26. Riley Sierhuis on January 7, 2021 at 11:46 pm

I have the garden planner app and like it but it seems the online program has more features and is easier to navigate. Do I need to pay for that software as well, or can I use the account I set up to access it for free?