$10 DIY Garden Tool Storage

Super simple to make garden tool storage rack, cost about $10 in materials, is easy to customize for your space and tools. Holds a ton of tools, easy put away tools and organize.

PLANS with Materials Links: https://ana-white.com/woodworking-projects/garden-tool-storage

1. stilcrazychris on February 10, 2021 at 5:17 pm

I did something like this in my shed, but just used the boards that made the shed & hung nails to hold the tools. I put one nail on each side of a rack, one nail for shovels, but my nails where long. I want to say they where 8 penny or 16 penny nails? Not sure exactly what size. But it all turned out ok & that’s what size I had left over from the built of the shed.
    It’s a great & easy tool holder Ana. And thank you for sharing your videos with us,
    Chris from Missouri

2. Ang Crivellone on February 10, 2021 at 5:18 pm

Less than a min in, I already shared it with my boyfriend! So tired of tripping over his tool stack in the garage! TYFS Ana!!! 💘💘💘

3. Barbara Von Eitzen on February 10, 2021 at 5:19 pm

I like this, so simple.

4. I Enjoy Creating Videos on February 10, 2021 at 5:20 pm

Nice project Ana! Thank you for sharing the video with us!💖👍👌😎JP

5. Francisco Lopez on February 10, 2021 at 5:22 pm

Thank you for this project. I customize it to fit my needs. I wanted to post a picture but I can’t upload it.

6. zamora7771 on February 10, 2021 at 5:27 pm

totally unrelated, but will you make a video on your plans for the modern single outdoor chaise lounge chair

7. M A Walker on February 10, 2021 at 5:28 pm

Is there a way to get the freaking pop-up off your website demanding that I sign up for emails?? I already did that but it pops up every time, and there is no X to click to make it go away. ALSO the horizontal pop-up across the bottom of the page??? Again, an X to get rid of the ad floating on top, but no X to get rid of the actual bar. SO FRUSTRATING! I’m even using a laptop to see what little is left of the screen, since it’s absolute hell trying to read it on a phone. Your projects are GREAT, but all the pop-ups on your site just make it useless… 🙁

8. Jeremy Petru on February 10, 2021 at 5:28 pm

Great idea. Any thought or plans for tool storage for open studs? Trying to figure out a way to utilize the dead space between the studs.

9. Mark Fletcher on February 10, 2021 at 5:29 pm

I’ve been “racking” 😂 my brain on how best to store my garden tools for a while now, & you just solve it so simply. Awesome & thank you!

10. Rick Z on February 10, 2021 at 5:30 pm

I laughed at the video so hard.
    In the intro it says sponsored by ryobi. First tool shown. Festool.
    Using the ryobi drill. My favorite tool …. gravity. I was dying. Lol!!
    You could’ve at least said “this video is sponsored by ryobi. I love their drill. I’ve been using it for a while now and it works great!”

11. David Li on February 10, 2021 at 5:31 pm

amazing

12. Kenneth Lemke on February 10, 2021 at 5:34 pm

Excellent job

13. Desert Ranch Girl on February 10, 2021 at 5:36 pm

Ty for this .. I have lots of tools no the ones at the store are either too expensive, not big enough, strong enough or hold all my tools! Ty!

14. Clyde Decker on February 10, 2021 at 5:36 pm

"We’re super happy…" that’s the "Royal We" right? I know I’d love to have mine that way .. Now if I could only find a place as clear as yours to put it. I can’t get that close to any of my walls.. There’s so much stuff piled around that place…

15. James Powell on February 10, 2021 at 5:36 pm

I finally go around to cleaning up my garage with this project. I did make two slight changes: 1) I added wood glue (Titebond 3) to all the joints and 2) I turned one of the 10” pieces sideways and mounted it on the top side so that my 6’ ladder would hang on the rack too.

Couldn’t be happier with this! Thank you for the idea!

16. M 69 on February 10, 2021 at 5:38 pm

I’m gonna try and build one of each of everything on this channel cause why not

17. J.R. on February 10, 2021 at 5:38 pm

Ana is a genius with her designs that are so accessible and adaptable to fit whatever your needs.

18. Margery K on February 10, 2021 at 5:38 pm

Ana, I love your attitude. Thanks for sharing. ATB : )

19. Tina Thevarge on February 10, 2021 at 5:41 pm

We just cleaned a bunch of clutter out of our garage. It might need a tool rack like this next 👍🏼

20. Anthony Anthony on February 10, 2021 at 5:41 pm

Great job as usual!

21. Driving-Skills on February 10, 2021 at 5:43 pm

Thanks . Great idea. I just completed it in 30 minutes. I have built front door chair, bench , planter as well. People say i am a pro.. but they dont know i am just learning from your amazing videos and plans.

22. garden boots on February 10, 2021 at 5:47 pm

P E R F E C T I O N !! Thank you so much for this video, and the plans. I am an organization nerd as well 🙂

23. paul stradley on February 10, 2021 at 5:48 pm

Exactly the design that I needed. Thx!

24. boone dalton on February 10, 2021 at 5:49 pm

Ana, your a wonderful teacher… thankyou for all that you do!!!

25. Tato De León on February 10, 2021 at 5:51 pm

Will try it!

26. Pietro Chiofalo on February 10, 2021 at 5:52 pm

Bellissimo lavoro, ed semplice,brava

27. Evelyn Rojas on February 10, 2021 at 5:53 pm

Neat! 😎👍

28. Peter Russell on February 10, 2021 at 5:54 pm

Pure genius – thanks for this 👍

29. Eric Moyaerts on February 10, 2021 at 5:55 pm

Dear Ana, I really enjoy all of your video but please buy a correct mic.

30. NJ CAMOCUTIE on February 10, 2021 at 5:55 pm

I know you wont anwser but again i will give it a shot, would you be willing to sell me you house plans? I like the simplicity and how you guys explain it all.Single mom looking to get started

31. David Winters on February 10, 2021 at 5:55 pm

Thank you Iam going to do this in my garage 👍👊🏼

32. Erika Crawford on February 10, 2021 at 5:58 pm

In a lot of your other videos, you use pocket holes to attach things. Just wondering if there’s a reason that you didn’t use pocket holes to connect the hangers? Is it because you can use a longer screw the way you did it? More strength that way?

33. glodilocks33 on February 10, 2021 at 5:58 pm

I will make this for my back yard beside vegetable garden. This can be done with scrap material of fencing and deck as this doesn’t have to be cedar. Awesome Ana, thanks

34. Per Shop on February 10, 2021 at 6:00 pm

very good ideas! as some people like to say, it’s even "Free" if you have all those items already.

35. Alex Dompe on February 10, 2021 at 6:00 pm

Hey Ana, You are brilliant! What software package do you use to create your plan drawings? Thank you.

36. Thillaivel Ranganathan on February 10, 2021 at 6:01 pm

Good, It will be better to have a pocket hole connection , connection will be 50% better

37. Charlotte James on February 10, 2021 at 6:01 pm

Headed to the barn now!!!

38. İsa Koçoğlu on February 10, 2021 at 6:01 pm

Beautiful! Just like you Ana 🥰👍

39. Jeff Livorsi on February 10, 2021 at 6:02 pm

I saw this video last night, and HAD to build this in my garage. So I woke up today and in less than an hour put it all together. Thanks for the idea!

40. stephen walker on February 10, 2021 at 6:03 pm

Thanks ana I have learned a lot from you

41. Tim 57 on February 10, 2021 at 6:06 pm

Genius 😃

42. ghstwoman on February 10, 2021 at 6:07 pm

Very cool & logical…love the organization! Wish I could have seen this before spending all the $$ for the hooks I used in my garage!

43. C H on February 10, 2021 at 6:09 pm

🙂👍 cool. 👵

44. belizeguy on February 10, 2021 at 6:09 pm

Absolutely what I was looking for! Perfect!! Thank You!

45. Tony Jackson on February 10, 2021 at 6:10 pm

Thanks Ana, for a simple but great idea. I’m building this one. Still working on another one of yours too.

46. Yvette Summers on February 10, 2021 at 6:10 pm

awesome. thank you

47. Kim Kimball on February 10, 2021 at 6:14 pm

Love this…link the screws please. I can’t find "self tapping" wood screws.

48. PSG OFFICIAL on February 10, 2021 at 6:14 pm

I’d suggest 10 inch supports where the tools fit to be inclined upwards so the tools do not fall.

49. ashontay owens on February 10, 2021 at 6:16 pm

What an awesome project. Quick question tho…How will this hold up against weight? Can you only put a couple pieces of equipment on there?

50. John Eaglin on February 10, 2021 at 6:17 pm

Awesome job and presentation! Thanks for sharing. I’m going to start my own organizer tomorrow.