Peek inside! How to make a Walipini – How to make an Underground Greenhouse Walipini How it's made

For the first time ever, Ty shows you how his underground greenhouse – Walipini is made by giving a tour of the exterior and interior of his walipini. Underground power and water are both available in this underground greenhouse where citrus trees happily grow year round along with other plants and trees. He shows you how to make a walipini explaining what was done. Video shows how to make an Underground Greenhouse – Walipini. How it’s made. The walipini is located in Eagle Mountain, UT. Elevation approximately 5000 feet.
Thanks for watching. Please subscribe & ring the bell to be notified each time I produce new videos. If you want to know what it’s like to live in Eagle Mountain click this link… https://youtu.be/Z1f8VKb_0WA

1. gary thomas on February 17, 2021 at 9:04 pm

Do you know your hat is on crooked?

2. Vadim Shapiro on February 17, 2021 at 9:06 pm

Looks really cool. I’m thinking of building something similar. I heard you said your greenhouse stays above freezing in the winter, whats the lowest temps you get in the wintertime? Do you have any kind of heat source in the greenhouse?

3. Corey McNeil on February 17, 2021 at 9:09 pm

What climate zone are you in or where do you live?

4. Anthony Jones on February 17, 2021 at 9:09 pm

It looks awesome. Sorry if you talked about it and I missed it, but did you insulate the outside of the concrete walls?

5. Дачник из Самары on February 17, 2021 at 9:09 pm

Good afternoon. Very interesting video. The greenhouse lacks a warm vestibule at the entrance, and the water will not fill the steps. I myself from Russia, Samara, began to make a small greenhouse. If you are interested, my video start of construction https://youtu.be/GCW-xlg2lu8 ahhh! I will be glad for the advice. Thanks.

6. Charles Coker on February 17, 2021 at 9:10 pm

The treated 2 bys will last maybe 12 years. When the rot. Replace with the engineered Plastic/ wood composite.

7. Marcia Hawthorne on February 17, 2021 at 9:12 pm

Love the greenhouse! How do you deal with snow on the roof of it?

8. Mama & Zylie on February 17, 2021 at 9:18 pm

Question. I bought a house that was empty for 9 yrs. It has an underground pool. After 8 months of renovations inside I’m out of money for the $10,000 + to fix the pool. So would it be possible to make in a greenhouse?? I live in northern Ohio so it gets well below zero often and high humidity in summer from the lake. I also have deer and lots of other wild life so regular gardening is a struggle. Any ideas appreciated.

9. Unconventional Me on February 17, 2021 at 9:21 pm

Great video bud! Looking forward to more

10. novaaaa on February 17, 2021 at 9:25 pm

awesome greenhouse!

11. Chris Dague on February 17, 2021 at 9:26 pm

Thanks for sharing! What else besides the roof angle would you do differently if you had to do it again? Both concept and materials wise.

12. Drew Manupupule on February 17, 2021 at 9:27 pm

ho bruh.. nice to see Hawaiian culture represented even on da mainland

13. Stephen E Paul on February 17, 2021 at 9:30 pm

congrads on the gogi berry

14. Apocalyptic Gardening - The Underground Garden on February 17, 2021 at 9:30 pm

Please give this video a THUMBS UP & SUBSCRIBE to my channel. THANK YOU!!!

15. Nate Murphy on February 17, 2021 at 9:31 pm

Grow lights led so you can grow longer would be cool

16. Kish on February 17, 2021 at 9:32 pm

😢Education is good, but I hope they set the critters free when the learning is done..

17. Dorothy Brinck on February 17, 2021 at 9:32 pm

Love this! I have been wanting to do something like this for a really long time.
    With this particular design, how do you keep animals/children/ etc from walking across the top of the roof?

18. Chuck Cassel on February 17, 2021 at 9:33 pm

What is the size of the poly rolls? You didn’t say.

19. Nick Travetti Fenton on February 17, 2021 at 9:35 pm

I’m inspired and amazed don’t know which emotion I feel more . Awesome dude completely a goal of mine now

20. Rick Niemi on February 17, 2021 at 9:36 pm

Very cool! Where is you get your double layer plastic roofing and what is it called? Thanks

21. Keshawn Scott on February 17, 2021 at 9:39 pm

Dig a hole buy a pot make a greenhouse dig another hole and put the pot in the dirt lol whut

22. Johnny Gregory on February 17, 2021 at 9:42 pm

Great job and great video. Thanks for sharing lots of good ideas you use.

23. G.D. Gardens and Palm Trees on February 17, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Cool

24. Jonathan schadenfreude on February 17, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Where’d you hear about this?

25. Roy Ormonde on February 17, 2021 at 9:45 pm

I like the design but isn’t that steel stud and track you used for the roof structure? You must not get much snow on this roof because it certainly doesn’t look strong enough for anything more than a dusting.

26. jimmy popp on February 17, 2021 at 9:50 pm

Great video!! could you please give me the information on what the poly is and where to find the rolls. Thank you.

27. Keshawn Scott on February 17, 2021 at 9:52 pm

All that good work and so unorganized and messy good info though

28. GingerBee77 on February 17, 2021 at 9:52 pm

Is a "cold fill" what it sounds like it is? Does it "collect" the cold air? 🤔

29. j on February 17, 2021 at 9:55 pm

How do you make sure snow doesn’t damage the roof?

30. Brichanise Terrell on February 17, 2021 at 9:58 pm

Amazing ❤️♥️🌞

31. Summit Six-12 on February 17, 2021 at 9:59 pm

Thanks for showing us your greenhouse. Super cool.