HERB GARDENS BEGINNERS GUIDE || HOW TO || GARDEN BASICS

Colossians 3:23-24 “And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Master Messiah”

ETSY STORE: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MomentsfromtheMnTn
Favorite the shop to be notified of the herb or product of the month!

Little House in now on TeeSpring! https://teespring.com/stores/moments-…

To Support This Channel & For Bonus Content:
www.patreon.com/littlehouseonthemountain

For Business Inquiries or communications:
Email – leaandjamesd@gmail.com

Insta@ourlittlehouseonthemountain

Grove Collaborative Link (cleaning, lifestyle, and household products) https://www.grove.co/referrer/41329782

Thrive Market Link (Discount Organic Food) : http://thrv.me/3Nziey

Misfits Market Produce (Discount Organic Produce): COOKWME-GL5CGV
Misfits Coupon Code 25% when you use the code

iHERB Referral Link (vitamins, herbs): https://www.iherb.com?rcode=HSF050

Lucky Vitamin Referral Link(vitamins, herbs): http://refer.luckyvitamin.com/s/Lea06

JUICE PLUS & TOWER GARDEN:
Juice Plus: www.l-r2.juiceplus.com
Tower Garden: www.l-r2.towergarden.com

MINISTRY CHANNEL: James and Lea D
www.youtube.com/philiaministries
WEBSITE: www.philiaministries.org

::Write to Us!::
Little House On The Mountain
P.O. Box 151
Oxford, NJ
07863

1. Leo Lam on February 23, 2021 at 10:16 pm

i found someone that have read the Lost Book Of Herbal Remedies Review, she is going to answer the question that you know is in the back of your mind; Is this book worth the purchase price of $37?

look at this. https://youtu.be/pRBA8lIxn1c

2. Candel Motylinski on February 23, 2021 at 10:17 pm

I’ve had an interest in gardening for AGES and kill literally everything I come in contact with. Finally turning to Youtube tutorials ~ wish me luck, I’ll come back if it works for me!!

3. Urban Leaf on February 23, 2021 at 10:20 pm

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing

4. LATINRED on February 23, 2021 at 10:24 pm

I am a beginner which lives in a small apartment with very little sun shining in so, I decided to start my seeded herbs by placing the bio gradable nursery pots into a large fish tank with lighting and a cup of water for humidity. Will that work?

5. Matthew Barber on February 23, 2021 at 10:25 pm

Errbs

6. Talei Lama on February 23, 2021 at 10:27 pm

Trying to get the kids enjoy plants and adopting a high nutrition vegan diet… I think this is how I start

7. Philip Waithe on February 23, 2021 at 10:29 pm

You are a star. I’m hoping to grow in my herb gowing, 1st timer here 🙂

8. W H on February 23, 2021 at 10:29 pm

Thank you. I am going to try

9. Natasha P on February 23, 2021 at 10:29 pm

So glad to hear Basil is a "princess" herb, I haven’t tried growing herbs except for an Aloe plant and the basil I tried to nurse died on me, I wasn’t sure what I did wrong, this is encouraging thank you

10. Hercules Baterna on February 23, 2021 at 10:29 pm

can u eat these herbs?

11. Steven Vlogs on February 23, 2021 at 10:30 pm

Thank you for this introduction to herbs!

12. Miss RaptureWatcher on February 23, 2021 at 10:30 pm

I love rosemary so much and every year it gets killed…😂😂😂…I don’t know why…maybe I water it too much?…I usually grow it in a pot

13. 51akk on February 23, 2021 at 10:31 pm

I have a black thumb but can grow just fine.

14. Steve Ward on February 23, 2021 at 10:32 pm

I dont mean to be rude but there’s an "h" in herbs.

15. Little House On The Mountain on February 23, 2021 at 10:35 pm

USDA Plant Hardiness Map : https://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/
    Hardy Perennial Herbs to get you started: Oregano, Thyme, Mint or Lemon Balm (or both!), Rosemary

16. Talei Lama on February 23, 2021 at 10:36 pm

I like you

17. Dorothy Herbes on February 23, 2021 at 10:36 pm

Enjoyed your video you have some great information. I’m gonna be putting an herb garden in my kitchen where there isn’t much sunlight. I plan on moving them into the sun in the morning if I need to.

18. Roy Burrows on February 23, 2021 at 10:36 pm

I’m a complete beginner. Thank you for your advice.

19. Laura Courtney on February 23, 2021 at 10:37 pm

Thank you for sharing this video. It’s refreshing to see someone so young. That is living what I call the country life style. I miss living in the country. I had to move to the city due to my health. I am growing seedlings now. Some will be planted outside and some will be grown inside under grow lights. I remember wondering if I could grow a few things inside but let that thought go because I had not heard of a grow light and felt that with me having surgeries back to back that anything I planted would die. Then one day several months ago I came across a video on youtube that was about raised garden beds and container gardens. The containers the guy was using were milk crates. My jaw fell to the floor because I had been given 10 milk crates a few days before that. Needless that was all it took for me. So I got my winter garden plans made and seedlings almost ready to move outside to the crates. Meanwhile, because I am a prepped I decided that I wanted to learn about and grow herbs for cooking, and medicinal purposes as well. I bought a few seedlings and they were doing so great that I bought some seeds too. I am proud to say that my seeds are all sprouting and most have broken through the soil or are already a inch or 2 tall! But the seedlings aren’t doing as well. I bought a 4 shelf storage unit. I put one grow light on each shelf but I noticed my seedlings (lemon balm, spearmint, peppermint, and rosemary) as well as a strawberry seedling I bought at the same time a week or 2 ago are all losing leaves. They were turning black and falling off. I tried moving the light closer but that made it worse. I moved the light further away and while it slowed the process of the leaves dying off it only made it back to the level of leaf loss it had to begin with. I read that grow lights need to be 2500 k to provide proper light so I went back to my local garden center and bought 3 more grow lights so that each shelf has 2 grow lights. The loss of leaves has pretty much stopped other than maybe 1 a week. But now i have what looks like leggy stalks standing straight up. I thought about cutting the stalks down some but each stalk has new baby leaves here and there along the stalks. My peppermint plant is doing pretty much the same thing. Should I still go ahead and cut some of the stalks to give the plants a opportunity to bush out more? If I do cut the back how much should I cut off. The long stalks I am talking about are around 18 inches long. They have gorgeous young leaves at the tip of each stalk and some young leaves or just sprouting leaves sporadically along the length of the stalks. What is your advice about the lemon balm and peppermint The strawberry plant has lost all it’s leaves but 2 or 3 at the end of each stalk and a few new leaf buds that are barely sprouting new leaves. What should I do about the Strawberry plant? You can email me your response to laura Courtney @ rednckgirl314@hotmail.com with your response so it doesn’t get lost in all of these comments. TIA.

20. Parsa Saei on February 23, 2021 at 10:37 pm

0:31 black people: **looks at hands** "DEAR GOD!!!!!"

21. Sovereign Goddess on February 23, 2021 at 10:38 pm

I have never heard the term "black thumb" used in my entire life.

22. Misty Cottongame on February 23, 2021 at 10:39 pm

How do u know which herbs need to be dried?

23. Veda and Christy Ruiz on February 23, 2021 at 10:44 pm

God’s gifts, right on!

24. Embodied Spirit on February 23, 2021 at 10:44 pm

Thank you for a wonderful video. I am in London and would like to start a small herb garden at a sunny spot outside. Would you recommend for me to wait for the spring? Or can I start to plant right away? Thank you!

25. 3Umphbywill on February 23, 2021 at 10:46 pm

First I am a gardener! My channel is centered all around growing my own food! So, with that said, your eyes are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!😯

26. Lauren Sanders on February 23, 2021 at 10:47 pm

Great video!

27. Laura Becky on February 23, 2021 at 10:52 pm

God bless Dr Ojiefo for helping me, I was infected with herpes virus and I was very confused and frustrated, I was using different types of drugs but it did not work for me not until I met a testimony on how Dr Ojiefo cure herpes then I decided to contact him and he send me some remedy and directed me on how to use them within 10 days of taking his herbal remedy I was no more suffering for herpes virus, you can contact him on email him on Drojiefoakhanolu@gmail.com He also have solution to the following problems HIV AIDS, herpes, cancer, hepatitis, ulcers.dr.obiul
    jesu1 to my situation I keep on praying for you Dr Ojiefo God will bless youre totally that will never thanks for your herbs remedy i am free now and can live happily you can also contact (Drojiefoakhanolu@gmail.com) WhatsApp HOW I GOT CURED FROM HERPES VIRUS..I was diagnosed of HERPES virus years ago and i thank God today for bringor +2349055497048

28. hannah • 6 years ago on February 23, 2021 at 10:52 pm

i hate cooking with store bought herbs so thank you ❤️

29. Leo Lam on February 23, 2021 at 10:52 pm

look at this. https://youtu.be/pRBA8lIxn1c

30. Anjula Umesh on February 23, 2021 at 10:53 pm

See Best Ceylon Herbs – https://www.ebay.com/itm/124454227612

31. Rachel Krouth on February 23, 2021 at 10:53 pm

Shalom! I loved this video, thank you for sharing! My husband and I are newly married and living in an apartment, and I have no idea how to garden😅 But these basics are helpful! I think I’ll start with a hanging herb garden🌱💕

32. Just Ryan on February 23, 2021 at 10:53 pm

I have a black thumb. But that’s because I don’t wear gloves when I touch soil.

33. Faustina Sam on February 23, 2021 at 10:54 pm

34. Loveless Lady on February 23, 2021 at 10:54 pm

Is it weird to ask if you could make a printable version of your notebook that has all the handwritten stuff about the herbs??

35. Belinda Bolen on February 23, 2021 at 10:55 pm

How do you keep them productive? Do they continue growing if snipped off?

36. Brooke Warner on February 23, 2021 at 11:00 pm

I tried an herb garden a couple years ago. Started them from seeds, made a little greenhouse for them and they did amazing. As soon as they got big enough, I transplanted them to the outside garden. After a few days of being outside they died. What would I need to do so that won’t happen again. I live in Missouri in case that makes a difference.

37. Mike illuminati on February 23, 2021 at 11:01 pm

I’m here to share to the world that Dr iTUA is a Powerful Herbal Medicine man. that can cure your disease if you can only contact him and let him help you. I was cured from my herpes . he gave me a Natural cure that ended my suffering after using it for two weeks and 3 days, i went for checkup and i was tested negative. I can’t be more happier but to say thank you mam and i use this medium to say to everyone don’t waste any time to contact this powerful herbal Dr iTUA On any Kind of Disease he is Ready to help you, Contact him on WhatsApp +2349018197949 Or Email: dritua859@gmail.com

You can also check me on my page @ https://m.facebook.com/Dr-Itua-107515734537293/?ref=tn_tnmn

38. Carter Williams on February 23, 2021 at 11:02 pm

I was cured of HIV with the use of natural herbs. I love herbs so much. Sometimes, injection and drugs are just a waste of time. I was cured 8months ago but i had to wait for some months and did so many tests during this period to confirm that i am truly cured. I suffered from HIV for 2years, but with the help of Dr Inegbenoise herbal medicines,i was cured within some few weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to me through courier delivery service. This same doctor also cured my Aunty from herpes. As soon as i heard she had herpes,i referred her to the doctor and she was cured after drinking his herbs.I have since then referred about 4 persons and they were all cured from their various illnesses. Have you tried herbs before?. You have spent so much money on drugs,injections, etc and yet you have no good result to show for it. Dr Inegbenoise is a herbalist doctor,i believe he can help you if you can follow his instructions and drink his natural herbs. He has herbs that cures Covid-19,HIV, Herpes, Diabetes, Asthma, Hepatitis, etc. Contact Dr Inegbenoise by Email:doctorinegbenoiseherbalcure@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348161312632 ………………

39. Francis D on February 23, 2021 at 11:03 pm

Oh…we don’t pronounce the h in herb…Gain some new knowledge today

40. Gardening With SkinnyBoyRandy on February 23, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Thank you for sharing this great video

41. Natalie Powell on February 23, 2021 at 11:06 pm

Basil loves lots of sun, and loves a quite sandy soil. I live in Western Australia where we have an abundance of both, so Basil always grows really easily for me. Also, can you put links to where you get your head coverings from? I know you said you get some from Garlands of Grace, but I can never find the ones you wear. Loving your channel 🙂

42. Everything Soup on February 23, 2021 at 11:08 pm

Doing this is an absolute necessity in most of Canada during the winter if you want any fresh herbs. Thanks for posting this.

43. Andzile Malinga on February 23, 2021 at 11:09 pm

Princess herbs…😂🤣😂❤💯

44. lamfilipos on February 23, 2021 at 11:10 pm

Lovely Video! Apologies for butting in, I would appreciate your initial thoughts. Have you researched – Proutklarton Alive Products Plan (probably on Google)? It is a great one of a kind guide for creating your greenhouse of saffron anywhere in the world without the hard work. Ive heard some pretty good things about it and my old buddy Taylor finally got cool results with it.

45. TheBestUsername on February 23, 2021 at 11:10 pm

Do you have any tips for silver thyme, specifically? I’m really struggling with that one.

46. Abigail Williamson on February 23, 2021 at 11:10 pm

I want to be your best friend.

47. Kai'Lea The Boss on February 23, 2021 at 11:12 pm

Give us an herb salad combination recipe! Loved this! I definitely had questions about watering when first starting. I’m going to try one herb in a container

48. Lav Ona on February 23, 2021 at 11:12 pm

You had me until you mentioned god.

49. AlbeeZ on February 23, 2021 at 11:13 pm

You look like you enjoy cannabis

50. Herbal DT CH on February 23, 2021 at 11:15 pm

Jom Tengok Khasiat Herbal-Herbal Semulajadi Yang Boleh Kita Amalkan Untuk Kesihatan di Youtube Herbal DT CH https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHQkWdUUm8FVbcyO_U3TpOg