Planning a Fruit Garden – How to Make a Low Maintenance Fruit Garden

💛 📖 See the GrowVeg book here: https://www.growveg.com/growveg-the-beginners-guide-to-easy-gardening.aspx.
If you struggle to find the time to maintain a vegetable garden, then planning a low-maintenance fruit garden could be the answer.

When planning a low maintenance garden, there are some simple guidelines to follow which can improve the overall health of your plants and increase your harvest.

In this video you’ll learn the best positions for your fruit plants, how to protect them from pests, plus we explain effective maintenance techniques to keep your plants healthy.

If you love growing your own food, why not take a look at our online Garden Planner which is available from several major websites and seed suppliers:
and many more…

1. Cozmc on March 7, 2021 at 10:40 pm

He kind’ve looks like Draco in Harry Potter

2. Amy West on March 7, 2021 at 10:41 pm

Very useful information. Thank you.

3. Lisa Person on March 7, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Whar is the name of the garden planner you are using in this video?

4. S.J. Lamb on March 7, 2021 at 10:48 pm

I had a giant thornless blackberry that turnd into a monster! Itset massive amounts of fruit, enough for my family andvthe birds as well. I took it out though after I noticed that seedlings were coming up in my neighbors gardens (spread by bird droppings) and that birds were pooping neon magenta streaks all over the neighborhood cars and nearby houses. The blackberrys were awesome but not worth alienating my neighbors😖 It was super embarrasing to have been to blame for neon bird poop on my neighbors siding.

5. StormyWeld on March 7, 2021 at 10:52 pm

Great video, thank you. New sub here!

6. Von Malcolm on March 7, 2021 at 10:53 pm

I would recommend using a heavier, longer lasting mulch: I’ve tried going the cheap route by using yard clippings -& this method works… for a couple months, but then this light mulch gets over run & I find myself reweeding around my fruit bushes, vines & trees instead of working on my vegetable gardens.

7. MySuburbanHomestead on March 7, 2021 at 11:00 pm

Another option to protect crops is to plant something like a dwarf overbearing Burberry tree/bush. Find something that makes small fruit that the birds would prefer and can swallow whole. It will keep larger fruit from getting g pecked so much. Multiple crops per year like on a small Burberry helps a lot as well.

8. Ricardo Pena on March 7, 2021 at 11:01 pm

I have 3 fruit trees in my front yard. I would like to know if i can install uplighting on them or would it affect it’s light cycle

9. Johanna Howarth on March 7, 2021 at 11:01 pm

I have a cherry tree that’s too big to be under a netting frame.  The crows eat the fruit and we hardly get any.  Can I prune the tree hard to make it not so high or wide and then maybe could get a net over it.  How to do?

10. Member information on March 7, 2021 at 11:05 pm

Proverbs 15 :1-3 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise adorns knowledge, but the mouth of the fool gushes folly. The eyes of the Lord are everywhere keeping watch on the wicked and the good.

11. Andrew Curran on March 7, 2021 at 11:21 pm

Brilliant video and content as usual. Do you have any footage of the strawberry frames, they look real handy.
    Thanks

12. 2phalanges on March 7, 2021 at 11:24 pm

WOW!!! what a freaking amazing looking garden. please do more. U have an eye for great taste in garden.

13. Andy Williams on March 7, 2021 at 11:29 pm

The garden planner says to plant dwarf apples trees 3’3" apart but everywhere else recommends 7′ apart. Any suggestions as to what information to follow?