One of the Easiest (and coolest) DIY water features

Outside tutorial begins at 4:35
Step by step instructions and links: https://www.prettypurpledoor.com/easy-diy-water-feature/

pond nozzle kit: https://amzn.to/36aeEhO
electric fountain pump: https://amzn.to/2FUcWXr
solar fountain pump: https://amzn.to/369y3Q8
solar pump battery backup: https://amzn.to/2G0ncgw

One of the easiest (and coolest) DIY pondless water feature yet. Make this invisible fountain bubbler in an afternoon and enjoy it for years to come! This particular pondless water feature project should cost you a total of $75 – $100 depending on what materials you need to purchase. You may have some of these items at home, already! If you decide to go the solar route, this will cost closer to $200.

Steps to create this pondless fountain
1- Dig a hole to fit basin
2- Place basin in the hole
3- Assemble the pump
4- Cover pump with cloche or cheese cloth and anchor to bottom of basin
5- Place metal grate on top of basin level with the ground
6- Cover the grate with hardware cloth (screen)
7- Cut a trap door into the hardware cloth for servicing the pump
8- Make the pump easy to access in the future
9- Bury edges of screen with soil
10- Add rocks to the screen area above the basin
11- Fill your basin with water
12- Turn on & enjoy
—–
🌷Helping you create a vibrant, manageable 4-season landscape that is uniquely you.🌷

I’m Amy and I help home gardeners design impressively beautiful gardens that bring color to your landscape all four seasons, show off your personality and suit your lifestyle.

Free Training – 3 Gardening Secrets Revealed: prettypurpledoor.com/secrets
Free Plant Pairing Guide: prettypurpledoor.com/guides

1. Wendy Leigh on March 13, 2021 at 10:56 pm

Hi there! Love your video and Im dying to get out and build one! How deep is your basin? I can’t tell how deep and/or how many gallons size based on looking at options online. Where did you find yours? Thanks so much!

2. Roger Furnival on March 13, 2021 at 10:58 pm

Well done – good attention to detail and most importantly to me, my spouse suddenly has lots of artistic ideas thanks to your video👍👍

3. jacky nelson on March 13, 2021 at 10:58 pm

No fluff just right to the point, so well done, thank you !

4. Ismael Shameem Etowar on March 13, 2021 at 10:59 pm

Awesome 🙂 Clear explanations, great demo. Thumbs up!! Thank you 🙂

5. Allyn Nichols on March 13, 2021 at 11:02 pm

I made a wishing well w a pump dumping water into a hanging bucket….love it. But one thing I added was a gfi plug in. They’re only about ten or fifteen bucks and protect from shocks. Peace of mind.

6. Per Shop on March 13, 2021 at 11:10 pm

I did not really understand the reason for the trap door, unless you mean it is the hole through which the power cable comes out.

7. JESUS LANDSCAPING on March 13, 2021 at 11:16 pm

How often do you add water to it in the summer ? Do you have it running 24hrs

8. Arif Khan on March 13, 2021 at 11:17 pm

We have a lots of mosquitos in our area. Afraid to give them an additional home. I assuming as long as it is running that’s no problem but once standing still it will host all sorts of bugs?

9. Anxiety Society Podcast on March 13, 2021 at 11:19 pm

Great Video😅👍🏼

10. Martinez Anna on March 13, 2021 at 11:25 pm

I love it!

11. сергей пустарнаков on March 13, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Красиво получилось!

12. Toni Sholty on March 13, 2021 at 11:30 pm

So pretty! Thanks for the tutorial….and the couple of giggles. You’re amazing!

13. shawn Hannaway on March 13, 2021 at 11:30 pm

I love you Design of your waterfall,its so simple,now I knew😄😜👍

14. Leah Bayne on March 13, 2021 at 11:35 pm

I have a question about the pump. When I see a 400, 500, 800, etc pump, that’s speaking about the gallons of water per hour, correct? If so, how do I determine which size of pump is adequate for my project?

15. Pretty Purple Door on March 13, 2021 at 11:37 pm

Detailed instructions for creating this fountain are available here: https://www.prettypurpledoor.com/easy-diy-water-feature/

16. Virginia Frederick on March 13, 2021 at 11:37 pm

Love this…thanks…now where to add it!

17. C B on March 13, 2021 at 11:39 pm

Made in one day 🤔 wasted your day then 😆

18. Nicole Jones on March 13, 2021 at 11:40 pm

Well this is cool. Well done on the very thorough and easy to follow instructions. I am going to make this a weekend project soon.

19. ADRIAN ZAMORA on March 13, 2021 at 11:42 pm

Question: Do these pumps run pretty much all day everyday? Or is there some type of "schedule" needed? For example, I want to build this for my mother in law, will she need to turn it on and off everyday?

20. Hobbies & Reviews on March 13, 2021 at 11:43 pm

Really good tips about the service hatch and diverter to change flow rate. Subbed.

21. Made In America on March 13, 2021 at 11:44 pm

What a great idea. Thank you for sharing.

22. mrdilligaf1968 on March 13, 2021 at 11:48 pm

So cheap and simple. Cheers for that

23. tracy mccormack on March 13, 2021 at 11:52 pm

it’s snowing here in Missouri and now I just want to get out there and get to creating this! thank you for sharing this tutorial….you’ve made it look really doable and easy. My only question is how often do you need to add water to yours? can it overflow? again, yours looks absolutely beautiful and I’m so inspired to try this. Thanks!