5 Fruit Trees that are too EASY to GROW in the Home Garden

In this video , I give you my 5 top fruit trees that are too easy to grow in the home garden!

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/selfsufficientme

Help support the Channel and buy a T-shirt/Merchandise from our Spreadshirt shop: https://goo.gl/ygrXwU or Teespring (below the video).

Shop on Amazon for plants: https://bit.ly/2yRFNGQ

Shop for plants on eBay Australia: https://bit.ly/2BPCykb

Blog: http://www.selfsufficientme.com/ (use the search bar on my website to find info on certain subjects or gardening ideas)

Forum: http://www.selfsufficientculture.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SelfSufficie…

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SufficientMe

Subscribe to my channel: http://goo.gl/cpbojR

Self Sufficient Me is based on our small 3-acre property/homestead in SE Queensland Australia about 45kms north of Brisbane – the climate is subtropical (similar to Florida). I started Self Sufficient Me in 2011 as a blog website project where I document and write about backyard food growing, self-sufficiency, and urban farming in general. I love sharing my foodie and DIY adventures online so come along with me and let’s get into it! Cheers, Mark πŸ™‚

1. Rose wright Wright on March 16, 2021 at 11:02 pm

Man, you are awesome. Thanks genius. I love it.

2. Scuttle Zebra on March 16, 2021 at 11:03 pm

Great video, thanks! But you forgot to tell us what kind or kinds of apples you grow 😁

3. Tina Rodriguez on March 16, 2021 at 11:03 pm

You are so funny 🀣. I enjoy watching your videos I am a beginner

4. Poop Corporation TM on March 16, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Yay thanks to climate change I can now grow lemons in my zone!

5. seigisama on March 16, 2021 at 11:05 pm

Redder than a turkey’s arse in mulberry season. Have a wild red mulberry growing at the end of my yard. Eastern USA.

6. Laura Shadforth on March 16, 2021 at 11:10 pm

β€œNormal people prefer to use kumquats in other ways” πŸ˜†

People should also check if the tree is self-pollinating. Some fruit trees like apple, you need a male and a female tree to bear fruit

7. mkmason2002 on March 16, 2021 at 11:10 pm

I live in the NC mountains which trees would work for me?

8. cosmichero 2025 on March 16, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Funny I had a plum tree in my backyard growing up but the one in my later years had a mulberry tree (I think red variety from ohio). Most those trees did very well in the harsh winters and the heat of summer and always produced a bunch of fruit. Although fair warning the smell of a giant mass of rotting mulberries is terrible. So only plant about 20ft away from where people will be.

9. ben cruz on March 16, 2021 at 11:16 pm

I like all those fruit.

10. nightowl on March 16, 2021 at 11:18 pm

Hope someone can help me out. My family moved into a house that already had some fruit trees planted. There’s banana tree, pomegranate tree, and I think it’s either lime or orange tree? I’m not sure but it fruited a single small green lime/orange-looking fruit once before. Pomegranate tree is doing fine on its own and fruits a whole bunch of fruits every year. Banana tree and the mystery tree is still green but never grows any fruits. We tried using fertilizers, watering more, watering less.. but nothing seems to work. Pomegranate is also not really edible. I mean you can eat it but it tastes bitter and not at all sweet like how they come in the store.
    What do I need to do to have quality fruits growing?

11. rene parkes on March 16, 2021 at 11:20 pm

Great Video and information.
    I live in Grenada in the Caribbean and will love to grow apples here. I have a lemo tree and a Lime Tree.
    We are self sufficient in bananas.I have some other plants like the tropical red plum, Golden apples coconut, pomegranate, swivel oranges
    But I need a plum tree, Kumquats,mulberry. but all should be a low-chill factor.

12. Denise Barker on March 16, 2021 at 11:21 pm

I love your show. Keep going!πŸ€—πŸ’™

13. Phyankord on March 16, 2021 at 11:22 pm

Sweet skin and sour center? That’s very interesting since lemons are sour cores with bitter skins

14. Herodotos of Halicarnassus on March 16, 2021 at 11:22 pm

all glory to kakistan, number one producer of apples.

15. VEX Cool Tech on March 16, 2021 at 11:23 pm

I love how you have grass around your garden beds and plants unlike other youtube gardeners its just disgusting dirt and mud

16. deepak975487 on March 16, 2021 at 11:23 pm

how big is yr area πŸ™‚ love to see yr videos πŸ™‚ thanks

17. Water on March 16, 2021 at 11:25 pm

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Love it!

18. rachel whiddon on March 16, 2021 at 11:26 pm

steve irwin vibes towards plants and i LOVE it

19. Mr Lukic SHOW on March 16, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Not easy in Finland πŸ˜‰

20. Caper Crusader on March 16, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Noice

21. Alyce A on March 16, 2021 at 11:31 pm

Mark try the lemonade tree! Its a sweet lemon that tastes like the lemonade drink. Cross between a lemon and mandarin. heavy cropper, fruits 5 months of the year

22. conner fox on March 16, 2021 at 11:32 pm

Too Easy! No worries! I love it! Glad I’ve found you. You had me at ‘Too Easy’ You’re now my ‘Rural Russell Crowe’.

23. JaK Klump on March 16, 2021 at 11:33 pm

KACKASTAN? I am assuming that you meant to say "Kazakstan" where there were not long ago, extensive forests of wild apple trees, that are now being destroyed by the human parasite. I must admit though that KACKASTAN, (kack is a slang term which is a synonym for FECES ), could be used to define the regions of the u.s.a. where there is a dense(literally and figuratively), population of coupublicans, a.k.a. y’all qaeda.

24. Manik Chand on March 16, 2021 at 11:34 pm

You are so energetic , i like your energy levels and information u share with us.

25. Capta Crunch on March 16, 2021 at 11:35 pm

I love how straight forward you make the information, wish I could find somewhere to learn hands on.

26. OR Scrub on March 16, 2021 at 11:36 pm

i’ve tried many times to grow lemons here……. no luck. ☹️

27. Avo Guedekelian on March 16, 2021 at 11:36 pm

This is Thanos in his garden before the meddling avengers decided to show up.

28. rebecca rosten on March 16, 2021 at 11:38 pm

you can lacto-ferment the kumquats. they are a great relish for seafood

29. trill canada on March 16, 2021 at 11:39 pm

Loving the videos! Thank you!

30. Rural Route1 on March 16, 2021 at 11:40 pm

NOW..I’m starving lol

31. Peggy Buti on March 16, 2021 at 11:43 pm

Love your video ! Where are you gardening? I live in FL.
    I don’t know of any pulm or apple trees that grow here! πŸ™

32. Jill Gilson on March 16, 2021 at 11:43 pm

Please will you join Gab, Rumble and Parler I don’t have Twitter and Facebook anymore and I don’t want to lose your channel

33. Sandy Jamison on March 16, 2021 at 11:43 pm

I’m in Arizona. We’ve been having -0 winters with snow and my lemon tree has pulled through πŸ™‚
    Unfortunately, my plum hasn’t flowered. I’ve been told it needs another plum tree for pollination or the desert heat is too harsh.
    Growing up, my grandmother in NY had a kumquat tree in her inside garden. That is a wonderful little fruit to snack on, imo πŸ™‚

34. Bee Music on March 16, 2021 at 11:45 pm

Who watch One Piece? He’s carrying Irwin’s Will. I think he has strong Haki too bc he’s kind.

35. Sibongiseni Dumakude on March 16, 2021 at 11:48 pm

love the energy in the intro

36. Lynn Proctor on March 16, 2021 at 11:48 pm

I live in Florida, mid state on the coast, and I planted a black mulberry tree two years ago. It has grown like a weed, and it is already about 12 feet high, from 3 feet high when I got it. It has a few little mulberries on it, and the two I was able to reach were delicious and bursting with flavor. My soil is terrible, but I put leaf mulch, leaf tea, cuttings from my yard, leftover vegetable water from cooking, etc. and it is thriving. It is just now coming back into leaf, and it looks great. It’s a pretty tree, with long, willow-like branches that spire up into the air, or arch over gracefully. I’m so glad I got it. They do get very big, but I bought a dwarf variety. I don’t really care how big it gets, as I can keep it trimmed. Now I need to find a semi-tropical plum tree!

37. stretchwith on March 16, 2021 at 11:49 pm

We had mulberry trees on my street. We avoided their terrible stains. I never ate one.

38. Markus Puschert on March 16, 2021 at 11:50 pm

Goodday Mark, I think your plums actually are 2 or 3 different sorts of noble-plums,
    which are a subspecies of plums. In Austria we call them "Mirabelle", "Ringlotte", "Kriecherl" and there do exist even more πŸ™‚ Perfect for Schnaps πŸ˜‰ Servus!

39. TH Alpha on March 16, 2021 at 11:51 pm

Oye mate i blew me chu on ya accent. Krokey dats a lemon roight dare, big one she is aye mate. God bless brotha an keep em on ya.

40. LeV Van on March 16, 2021 at 11:51 pm

41. Kicha Kennamer on March 16, 2021 at 11:52 pm

42. Maryannie Little on March 16, 2021 at 11:52 pm

Ur a cool dude thanks man

43. Couples Therapy For Singles on March 16, 2021 at 11:52 pm

For those people who live in super cold climates like Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, ect. that wasn’t to grow citrus lemons have a super hardy cold tolerant cousin named Flying Dragon Trifoliate Orange. They are super seedy and don’t taste the best but the juice is pretty good in water.

44. Karen Reaves on March 16, 2021 at 11:53 pm

We have a Caribbean apple growing in Florida.

45. Rod Kingston on March 16, 2021 at 11:56 pm

Hey mate good stuff tho what about loquats? Anyway, here in Belize, tropical central America, I’d suggest papayas, bluggoe plantains, jamaican limes, pineapples, & mangoes. Can we squeeze in avocadoes too? Tho I should say that low chill stone fruit, kiwi fruit, & strawberries should be worth trying here in inland areas where we get cool winters.

46. My Channel on March 16, 2021 at 11:58 pm

I had a kumquat tree near my old apartment… Bird and squirrels RAVAGED it. I got a few good ones to eat.

47. Royce Algonquin on March 16, 2021 at 11:59 pm

This guy is amazing!

48. $$$##$$$ on March 17, 2021 at 12:00 am

Everything came from asia πŸ™„?

49. Jenna Danelle on March 17, 2021 at 12:00 am

I love mulberries, our neighborhood has them growing around our nature trails. There is a larger one my daughter and I will take a tarp and basket to w a stick to tap some off the tree and take home to enjoy.

50. filip30051 on March 17, 2021 at 12:01 am

6:45 "Normal people like to use Kumquat in other ways." HAHAHA hey its better to be abnormal in this world! cheers.