Grow 500% MORE Vegetables in 5 Times LESS Space!

Growing 5-10 times more food in 5-10 times less space has been seen as impossible thanks to traditional spacing. Thanks to High Intensity spacing and gardening we can grow more in less space meaning more food for your family! Give it a try.
Send mail to:
PO box 131
Marysville, MI 48040

450+ varieties of Heirloom & Non-GMO Vegetable seeds .99/pack, fertilizer, garden tools, blog & More: http://www.MIgardener.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MIgardener
Instagram: http://instagram.com/MIgardener
G+: http://plus.google.com/+MIgardener
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/MIgardenerYT/ Twitter: http://twitter.com/MI_gardener
Tumblr: http://tumblr.com/MIgardener

1. Babyology on March 17, 2021 at 10:35 pm

how does this work with jalepeno, cataloupe, cucumbers?

2. Krzysztof Rudnicki on March 17, 2021 at 10:36 pm

Mate, you can sow lettuce in rain gutter, like Huw Richard his peas, then make a trench and slide your seedlings into the trench. Et Viola!

3. Tom Dinwoodie on March 17, 2021 at 10:36 pm

Must be new math.

4. OfftoShambala on March 17, 2021 at 10:37 pm

Any more vids on this topic? Would like to see the process up to first and second harvest. Any plants to not bother trying this for sure? Other than tomatoes… and what are some unknowns to try?

5. JohnBoy on March 17, 2021 at 10:37 pm

that method is done here in PR with culantro or recao either or for many years it use to be you got up to 8 to 10 harvests now a days you get 3 harvest at most

6. VTboys1220 on March 17, 2021 at 10:37 pm

I’m in zone 10A and for some reason I cannot get lettuce any type to grow in pots or raised beds.. summer time they grew like crazy but in fall nothing at all.

7. Dawn Morning on March 17, 2021 at 10:38 pm

Grow close and carry on. Thanks

8. slr0528 on March 17, 2021 at 10:38 pm

Will this method work with a mesclun mix?

9. Cheryl Bibbee on March 17, 2021 at 10:45 pm

I love this video! Thank you!

10. Kerso Mulyo Farm on March 17, 2021 at 10:45 pm

I always try to provide for my family’s vegetables by growing it myself around the house, we have the same hobby

11. Lisa G on March 17, 2021 at 10:47 pm

Getting ready to plant fall garden and plan to do this.

12. S White on March 17, 2021 at 10:47 pm

Thank you!

13. Carrie hamstra on March 17, 2021 at 10:47 pm

Can you only use this method of you are planting seeds directly in the ground?

14. aaron schmidgall on March 17, 2021 at 10:50 pm

please trim around those boxes. I hear you mumbling in the background of the edges growing out of control

15. Sherry Mann on March 17, 2021 at 10:53 pm

Thats very interesting. Im definitely going to try this method!

16. Kylee Falk-grant on March 17, 2021 at 10:53 pm

I would love a list of what all you did high intensity and what didn’t work in high intensity!

17. RUTH GETTLE on March 17, 2021 at 10:53 pm

How far apart are the rows. This was a great help to me.

18. S J on March 17, 2021 at 10:53 pm

I like your channel

19. Sunny Beach on March 17, 2021 at 10:54 pm

Super interesting!

20. Augustin Chenault on March 17, 2021 at 10:54 pm

What’s your favorite high-intensity crop to grow indoors under mostly artificial light?

21. Olivia Cruz on March 17, 2021 at 10:56 pm

I did this with my leaf lettuce, i harvest daily ❤ it!

22. Kimberly Clifford on March 17, 2021 at 10:57 pm

I loved this video, thank you for sharing! I want to try this method. #goals2021

23. Deirdre Yudelson on March 17, 2021 at 11:02 pm

Want more high intensity growing on as many varieties as possible. Thank you I really enjoy watching your videos. I just ordered your book. I am waiting for it to arrive. I can’t wait to get into it. Thanks again!

24. Donna Quichocho on March 17, 2021 at 11:02 pm

I love this technique! Thank you for this great information and advice! Absolutely doing this in my raised beds, thanks again!

25. Cherrie Odell on March 17, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Will this method still work if I don’t have a raised bed or will the air flow be a problem?

26. Terence Stephens on March 17, 2021 at 11:05 pm

Dude! New favorite channel on YouTube!

27. roger freeman on March 17, 2021 at 11:05 pm

If I have an acre, how much is 5x less land?

28. janet lesley on March 17, 2021 at 11:07 pm

High intensity dandelions wold be good. Thanks, great stuff.

29. Danielle Martin United Home Group on March 17, 2021 at 11:07 pm

This is how my parents taught me to plant lettuce when I was a kid! I am excited to finally try this for myself in my first raised beds this spring! I just recieved my Ruby Red Leaf Lettuce from you today!

30. goognam goognws on March 17, 2021 at 11:10 pm

Farmers don’t have to be effective concise communicator but gosh are you wasting words and minutes to say something that can be summarized in : Seed lettuces directly in the raised soil (no pot seedlings) and harvest only leaves, not the whole head to multiply production X5. Summarized the whole video in 10 secs.

31. Charity Machiela on March 17, 2021 at 11:10 pm

Which harvesting lettuce is better – cutting down to 2 inches or cut the outer leaves as the inner keeps growing?

32. El taller de Elber G.... on March 17, 2021 at 11:11 pm

Great info!
    I’m always looking for good ideas to grow more effectively less space!

33. Rose Marie prudhomme on March 17, 2021 at 11:15 pm

I used this for 2 yrs. with leaf lettuce. fall through spring didn’t kill lettuce (mi. winters can’t kill lettuce) In fact I planted without any space.

34. Yoda on March 17, 2021 at 11:15 pm

I like to have control over my own food source instead of relying on a market that could experience shortage and that’s doing who knows what to my food, even organic produce at the store isn’t as organic as we think.

35. ExtraUltra on March 17, 2021 at 11:15 pm

Thanks, dude. Your philosophy is life altering to home gardeners.

36. J .Steeves on March 17, 2021 at 11:15 pm

How did you open up the video ? What did you say ? Had to listen to that a bunch haha. This is a great video ! Thanks for sharing

37. Brenda Smiley on March 17, 2021 at 11:16 pm

I’ve actually used this method this year using your Migardener seeds . I’m in zone 6 and I have harvested 3 lbs so far and haven’t put a dent in the plants. Good video. I watched all winter the older videos and planned, plotted ,and schemed . You are an inspiration and this method is serving me quite well.✌🌞

38. Cindy Ericks on March 17, 2021 at 11:18 pm

Thank you. I’ve just formed for beds measuring 32 feet long by 6 feet wide and I’m gathering up every bit of information I can get on planting my vegetables so I will be following you now that I found you and I appreciate your teachings. Thank you keep up the good work

39. mic jam on March 17, 2021 at 11:22 pm

did he mention the actual spacing between rows? so much talking i started jumping around

40. Sheila Butts on March 17, 2021 at 11:24 pm

love this idea..

41. Xinnia Nightingale on March 17, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Did this last year with lettuce, I live next to a Great Lake as well, so similar zone. We had so much lettuce that we could eat 3 huge salads a week without putting a dent in the mat. So much lettuce went to waste simply because I didn’t succession sow since I didn’t expect so much lettuce. And it really does thin itself. Some heads get really large and some plants stay super spindly with only 2 or 3 small leaves, so I would thin them then, when I could see that there was no way that that particular plant would ever be able to reach the sun. This didn’t really work for me with kale though. We had issues with pests on the kale and thinning it out did make a difference. I want to try interplanting with onions this year to see if that will make a difference

42. Michael Godbold on March 17, 2021 at 11:25 pm

I tend to plant radishes between the rows of lettuce. They are so quick growing that you harvest before most lettuce are half grown. I also have planted EARLY spring lettuce and rows of carrots by the time the lettuce is done carrots take over growing space. Works for seeded kale too.

43. Jennifer Kristensen on March 17, 2021 at 11:26 pm

I love it! Thank so much!!!

44. DeLyse on Duty on March 17, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Coming here at the start of 2021 and I am so thankful for all of these videos!!

45. S Fletcher on March 17, 2021 at 11:29 pm

1st time gardener, I am unsure as to when to cut the leaves. Do you let them grow to a certain length before cutting and how do you know when it’s time. Is there a time management video you made and I missed it? Thanks for the information!

46. Friendly Cleaning Services on March 17, 2021 at 11:29 pm

Do you have a harvest video from this style of planting?

47. Kevin Fadley on March 17, 2021 at 11:30 pm

I will now use this method.thank you!

48. Jacqueline S.S. on March 17, 2021 at 11:31 pm

Thank you. I definitely will start my new beds this way. Hint: this particular clip could be ten minutes shorter than the 12 minutes here. About 2 min was really helpful, and the rest was just trying to convince me of this approach. But thank you for sharing your expertise

49. rich hufnagle on March 17, 2021 at 11:31 pm

Greetings!
    I have a little under an acre in upstate NY.
    Looking to expand our small garden
    I get overwhelmed with the planning, placement, what to grow, what to grow with what, and so on.
    Any tips to simplify planning, or a step by step guide would be greatly appreciated!
    Also, great video!

50. Jack Karadzhyan on March 17, 2021 at 11:32 pm

Can you let me k ow what is the space you use between rows for lettuce?