How to bid a Paver Patio

How to Bid, Estimate and Charge for a Paver Patio, Walk or Driveway. Line by line we break the bid down and show you an actual job and Invoice. Real project- real dollars.

P.S. Most contractors measure a paver patio WRONG. A quick easy switch will get you 100% accurate results.

The Landscape Business Pro Podcast- The Voice of the Landscaping and Construction Industry.

Linked In- Hit me up!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LBPpodcast

Facebook:

Email:
stan@LandscapeBusinessPro.com

Dirt Monkey:

1. Dan Staff on March 17, 2021 at 10:51 pm

What if you are going over an existing concrete slab that is a little uneven. How much fill are you putting over it

2. Juan Garcia on March 17, 2021 at 10:53 pm

U are the men thanks for take ur time to show how IT works u have Been an inspiration for Many of US god bless u Sir…

3. Donnie Bargo on March 17, 2021 at 10:54 pm

I always when I was in the concrete business would figure at least 3 inches wider on each side which was 6 inches wide for the project and I always figured it for 2 ft longer in the reason why is because I’m with your pouring a concrete driveway it’s not going to be the same width all the way down it is but it’s not because you will have to remember you’ve got the wing out the end for the pool in off the street so the bottom and is always going to be a lot wider and deeper than the rest of it is so if you do not allow for that measurement there you’re going to be stuck by and concrete and fixing their yard back when you didn’t figure that end of the cost

4. Luis Rodriguez on March 17, 2021 at 10:55 pm

this is what schools should be teaching, amazing and priceless education in this video. This man is a real hero for helping so many for free.

5. Eddie Lopez on March 17, 2021 at 10:57 pm

Your awesome.i enjoy watching all your videos so much details n very good info.. very motivating thank you

6. Delcid Pene on March 17, 2021 at 10:58 pm

How do you find market price in my area?

7. Nick Torres on March 17, 2021 at 10:59 pm

Hey thanks for this information, very helpful, I’m in the west-Chicagoland area and finally starting to focus on my business. I will definitely bookmark you, that’s awesome in sharing knowledge!

8. Ana M. on March 17, 2021 at 10:59 pm

very informative; thank you

9. ThePalmskee on March 17, 2021 at 10:59 pm

Lol! your getting too confusing for us imbusules 6:20 you pompous ass prick!

10. Rockin H Landscapes on March 17, 2021 at 11:00 pm

Where do I sign up for your videos, tutorials, etc.? I would like to stay in the loop as our snow season is rapidly approaching, and I would like to start preparing and learning for the 2021 landscape season. Watching your vids is inspiring and motivating.

11. franklin aragon on March 17, 2021 at 11:00 pm

Good class thank you

12. Mylife Adventure on March 17, 2021 at 11:01 pm

How much should I charge in Brookfield Wisconsin, I just went on my own this year so I can mess this up, thanks if anyone knows

13. Blake Chumley on March 17, 2021 at 11:01 pm

You’re videos are awesome man. I’m a fan.

14. camron reber on March 17, 2021 at 11:02 pm

Thats the same price we do preping for concrete in utah.

15. Santos Galán on March 17, 2021 at 11:06 pm

You’re the best. Videos are always great. My question is….How much does it cost for a 21”
    x 21” column 30” high with a 24” ledgestone cap?

16. Juan carlos Sandoval on March 17, 2021 at 11:07 pm

I’m confused, you charge $19.70 per ft2 plus $1 per ft2 of preparation??

17. TheReal MikeJones on March 17, 2021 at 11:09 pm

I’m in Duluth MN. I love your videos and I wish you could come help me with my landscaping project.

18. Andrew Bokowski on March 17, 2021 at 11:12 pm

Hey Stanley I got some questions for you regarding paver install. How can I reach you privately?

19. Kirk Hochburger on March 17, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Thanks! Your videos are very helpful.

20. Amy Chavez on March 17, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Not sure if this has been asked yet but are your final numbers from your equations before or including tax? So example you said you’d charge the customer $1376 for a base of 344 ft squared x 4" deep or $4. I assume- even though, yes I know I shouldn’t, that’s before tax right? Or do your numbers include for the tax?

And what about labor itself? I’m curious how do you bid for labor if there is no material to itemize on the spreadsheet. This is my biggest headache when preparing proposals for clients. Thank you for your time if you can find a minute to clarify this and for making such helpful and informative videos.

Amy in WA
    washingtonsfinest425@gmail.com

21. Green Machine on March 17, 2021 at 11:15 pm

YOU’RE A TEACHER

22. Ryan Phillips on March 17, 2021 at 11:15 pm

I’ve been listening to you and watching you since day one.I felt like I was stuck behind the wheel of a company truck the only thing I have going for me was my credit in my determination To work for myself I’m still working full-time seasonal.I financed a new Ford super duty and a new 16 x 12 dump trailer tandem Through an ad up I started getting some work on the side hustle and it’s been great through this Covid year.One of the hardest things I’ve had to deal with working my full-time job and I’m working that Saturday and Sunday to finish my side hustle jobs My question is is how long do I have to do this for till I have a heart attack or is there a specific time to just say to the company here’s the keys I’m going off on my own when the work really isn’t that consistent keep covering the bills and the debt that I have what is your advice how did you do that

23. Roberto Martinez on March 17, 2021 at 11:15 pm

I just told you thanks for all the advice,do you have videos of chimney or patio kitchen?

24. Joe blow on March 17, 2021 at 11:16 pm

I just wanted to tell you, I’ve started my own business after 21 years of installing all types of stone and masonry projects, your videos are super helpful and I just wanted to say thank you!! If you have any advice for a business just starting out,I would love to have your insight into what the biggest mistakes that many people may make when first starting out. Thanks again!!

25. arvandero on March 17, 2021 at 11:17 pm

Thank for the videos Stanley. I’m a homeowner looking to get pavers in my yard, 1000-1200sqft depending on design. I’m thinking of buying all the materials and just paying for labor. What are your thoughts on that approach?

26. Las Vegas Fruit Trees on March 17, 2021 at 11:17 pm

A Video On How To Cut Pavers

27. James Rhen on March 17, 2021 at 11:18 pm

Used to do brick pavers back in the early 90s and now just getting ready to dive back in to this type of stuff. Thank you for the advice

28. Karen Gonzalez on March 17, 2021 at 11:18 pm

How much you think I can charge for a 560 square foot ? Any suggestions

29. Jorge Mora on March 17, 2021 at 11:22 pm

Is that $19 labor and material? If so did u mark up your material?

30. Miguel Angel on March 17, 2021 at 11:23 pm

Nice video..how would you charge for 500sq/ft of Flagstone. Just trying to start business.t Thanks

31. ThePalmskee on March 17, 2021 at 11:25 pm

Your a dumb ass

32. Donnie Bargo on March 17, 2021 at 11:27 pm

Stan I had a minimum price for the smallest jobs there was a minimum that it took me to mobilize get there and pay my labor for one day that was the band bond price for any job no matter how small it was that lost a minimum because it takes the same amount of money to mobilize for a big one day job as it does for a small one day job

33. Dillon Lupp on March 17, 2021 at 11:29 pm

For your $1 per sq ft per inch formula, does that final price include the cost of materials, or is that just for the labor and you invoice out the materials as well? I think you answered this in the video but I just wanted to clarify. Also great vids man, subscribed and will be checking out your website

34. Mike Darling Construction on March 17, 2021 at 11:31 pm

Nice job buddy

35. J&I lawn care on March 17, 2021 at 11:31 pm

hey stan do u do any brick work and do u know any good bricker and blocker channel

36. Jorge Mora on March 17, 2021 at 11:34 pm

Can u please tell us how to bid on a retaining wall if the customer is paying for the material..thanks!!

37. waqas sarwar on March 17, 2021 at 11:36 pm

Can you please explain what was the profit you obtained out of the $14,000?

38. RENE on March 17, 2021 at 11:37 pm

what kinda of cookies to you bake?

39. Daniel Sanchez on March 17, 2021 at 11:40 pm

He rips people off for base he diffinitly price gouges he’s crazy

40. J&I lawn care on March 17, 2021 at 11:41 pm

Me and my dad are staring are own business and now were gonna become bosses not being boss imma take part of the landscaping,lawn care,and pressure washing,and hes taking care of hardscape and remodeling and this vid really helps.

41. Boubaker Messaoud on March 17, 2021 at 11:43 pm

Hey thanks for the info on your video, I’m a handyman beginner and I am working on a quote for paving a patio about 370 square feet never done before but i have an idea how to do that I’m learning and it’s always a first time , I hesitate then I’m accepting the job. Now to charge my customer I’m trying not to over charge at the same price I don’t want to less charge and ending up with a work for nothing , so the market in Florida is about $12 to $18 , what do you recommend just a labor. Ty

42. Wendy Maes on March 17, 2021 at 11:44 pm

First time I see your videos and wanted to say you are awesome on giving advice . Im a Independent contractor so I’m always making sure I don’t cut myself Short .Thank you!👍

43. godw1ll99 on March 17, 2021 at 11:44 pm

seems like it always ends up being cost of labor and materials times 1.5. i set a goal for material and labor times 2 so if i have to go down a bit i can and still be at or above the 50% profit margin. ive worked for a guy that always went straight for about a 10% margin and ripped himself off soo much and i told him to bid for more and he told me he wont because hes afraid he wont get the job. well there is not point getting the job if you are breaking even cuz then you are wasting time. could you imagine charging $600 for a job that costs $450 in labor and material? well he did and all it did was create stress for the employees that had to hustle until they were broken and encouraged cutting corners so he could try and squeeze in a few extra bucks.

44. MacGroober!! on March 17, 2021 at 11:44 pm

Find the area of a circle (A = pie R squared), then divide by two. I think that would be far more accurate than estimating by squares, at least if the area being worked is close to being half of a circle.

45. Juan Figueroa on March 17, 2021 at 11:45 pm

Really good Job. Thank You for teaching .

46. OHIO's Finest Hardscapes on March 17, 2021 at 11:45 pm

Check out u-vision it will give u the sq foot of ur layout ..

Also really easy to use

47. Alexanders landscaping on March 17, 2021 at 11:47 pm

Don’t even worry about what they think your purchase price is include everything in invoice as materials,cutting pavers is labor add it as linear ft cut .service autopilot lol.

48. Wisconsin Outdoors on March 17, 2021 at 11:48 pm

Are you charging just for labor? And all materials are just at the rate you purchased them for?
    I’m looking to expand my business into landscaping services.

49. Todd Gregory on March 17, 2021 at 11:48 pm

Dang…i dont think that price is bad at all. Doing my own 400 Sq ft patio with $4/ft2 pavers and I have $4400 into it including rentals. I dug it by hand. Had I known I get could it done for $8k I would have 2 months of my life back! Wait….. Is that just install price???

50. Patrick Chihuahua on March 17, 2021 at 11:48 pm

Thanks for your advice man! Apreaciated 👍I been doing all the upeset, and I tell them averything, I have 2 years an 1/2, off and on working small and middleman job on a neighborhood app , and I keep coming with 1,000 per week, very off time and price, 🙄😒😐🤔