Setting up a Basic Indoor Grow Room

Much like the garden outside growing indoors does not have to be complex nor expensive. In order to enjoy gardening inside you will need three things, Soil, Light and Seeds.

What is the best potting mix
What kind of light do you need to grow food indoors
What kinds of plants can you grow during the winter

Indoor Growing Playlist:

Check us out on Facebook:

1. shannon cardinal on March 17, 2021 at 11:10 pm

Thank you for making these great videos. Hope all is well with you. It is really cool to come across someone from my town who deals with the long cold winters. Growing food at home fascinates me. I’ve had some success with raised garden beds but I need to increase drainage. Thanks again. Great work with growing your own food.

2. SFGal9 2011 on March 17, 2021 at 11:12 pm

Very good video. To the point, useful information, done. Thanks oodles from this beginner gardener!

3. Natalie Miller on March 17, 2021 at 11:13 pm

thank you!

4. John Lavery on March 17, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Had seen this video last year when I was juts starting. Had to stop by and watch it again. Great stuff.

5. Valerie Sanchez on March 17, 2021 at 11:14 pm

I like to use the jobe’s fertilizer spikes. Makes my life easier that way

6. DA hobbies DIY on March 17, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Hei.. Helo.. I m from South india.. And my balcony is North facing. Can I grow all veggies and flowers???… Please do reply…. I m really worried

7. DrAlbert Pakin on March 17, 2021 at 11:15 pm

Great video but dude you look like you are scared of the camera.

8. Kepler180 on March 17, 2021 at 11:16 pm

i learned so mush in 4 minutes thanks man

9. Ashton Zee on March 17, 2021 at 11:17 pm

thuis guyb is freaky

10. Vzero_Snexfur on March 17, 2021 at 11:17 pm

Hi thanks for this video can you please link to sight items to buy on Amazon or eBay thankyou

11. Courteney Perreault on March 17, 2021 at 11:17 pm

You sound like a robot

12. Hyder's Adventures on March 17, 2021 at 11:19 pm

How did you record the panning time lapse? That was very cool!

13. farolitodepapel on March 17, 2021 at 11:20 pm

Hello! I’d like to get some help for my plants. I live in a tiny condo with lots of natural light but no direct sunlight for 9 months a year. Next to a large window I have a little pine, a little lemon tree, some gardenias and many more plants. They’ve survived previous winters, but they get “sad” without sunlight and some of them tend to go long reaching out for light and weak.
    Do you think LED grow lights could help? Red lights? How many of them?
    Thank you from Buenos Aires!

14. Amara Nazario on March 17, 2021 at 11:21 pm

Thank you for this awesome & informative video!!

15. Marilynn Arnold on March 17, 2021 at 11:22 pm

So I need to switch the 100 watt regular bulb to a LED bulb that I have? I am using a grow tent. I thought the 100 watt would be more like sun light and I would use it 12 hours per day with a small fan running in the grow tent. Is this wrong? Help! I just put the plants in yesterday.

16. Baysik on March 17, 2021 at 11:22 pm

You should stop talking like a news reporter . It’s too monotone. Be yourself

17. J S on March 17, 2021 at 11:23 pm

PAR spectrum is more important than Kelvin temperature. Spectrum coverage may vary independently from light temperature. "Full spectrum" also isn’t precise defined, so you should look for a graph or percentage values specifying how much of the total light output is in the red and blue spectra.

18. Barbaryotaku on March 17, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Can I grow apples? I am not getting many fruit cos pf lockdown.

19. John Lavery on March 17, 2021 at 11:25 pm

20. Karen W on March 17, 2021 at 11:25 pm

My mom has sunlight bulbs she uses because she needs more whatever u get from the sun. I wonder if these types of bulbs would work

21. ganga pokhrel on March 17, 2021 at 11:25 pm

Cool information i like it❤

22. Darren Mc Donagh on March 17, 2021 at 11:26 pm

Im from Ireland I live in Canada 8 years now on Vancouver island .MY God the Canadian accent is terrible 😂😂😂

23. Barbara Ann on March 17, 2021 at 11:26 pm

Really well done! This was the first video I’ve watched on this subject and you made everything very clear, simple, and straightforward. Thank you, 10 stars!

24. richard roy on March 17, 2021 at 11:26 pm

good info ‘well done ”

25. Defect on March 17, 2021 at 11:27 pm

Excellent video. It’s hard growing indoors in an Alberta winter with townhouse windows that rarely see sunlight.

26. Happy Vibes on March 17, 2021 at 11:27 pm

You are amazing 🙌🏽🤗

27. Kepler180 on March 17, 2021 at 11:28 pm

good video but no cringy intro pls remove that

28. sithumini kaushalya on March 17, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Thanks

29. Quisha Handford on March 17, 2021 at 11:35 pm

Good information
    But your voice is annoying. Like when u heighten your sentence at the end, that’s annoying as shyt

30. Zaka Pentax on March 17, 2021 at 11:35 pm

Tests has showen plants started indoors are less potent than plants started later outdoors

31. Poetry Language Of The Soul on March 17, 2021 at 11:36 pm

Direct, to the point, keeping things simplistic & inexpensive, great voice…Yep! I’m a new subscriber. Thanks a lot! I do have a question. Which potting soil & compost would you suggest? I’m totally clueless & new to growing anything! Thanks again.

32. James Dickoff on March 17, 2021 at 11:41 pm

thank you my growing room is very well thanks to this video. very big

33. Pelly Williamson on March 17, 2021 at 11:41 pm

This video was one of the best videos I’ve seen. Can you please tell me what did you use to record your audio? It flowed nicely throughout the whole video

34. Zach Morris on March 17, 2021 at 11:42 pm

Used coffee grounds make a great compost aswell. Sometimes you can get free used grounds at a coffee store.

35. H L on March 17, 2021 at 11:42 pm

You had me at seeing your IMAC; if it’s not Apple it’s cr-p! Basically, it’s just OSX vs. DOS, do your homework people!

36. Tara Dobbs on March 17, 2021 at 11:48 pm

What about growing strawberries in a basic pot indoors during winter? I bought a preset strawberry plant with soil and pot in July. 1 of 3 survived and is doing well, but has not sprouted flowers for it’s first crop. During the winter, is there anything I should do to protect the plant from any cold from the window? The sunlight is coming from a slight north west to north east direction. Thanks for your help.

37. The Street DIY on March 17, 2021 at 11:48 pm

Amazing content

38. Cheesy Boi capree on March 17, 2021 at 11:50 pm

Yea but I have a cat..

39. Christina Davis-Evans on March 17, 2021 at 11:51 pm

Thank u this was simple, educational and straight to the point

40. Anita Loyd on March 17, 2021 at 11:52 pm

Sharing information and thank you for sharing love.

41. HG CHANNEL on March 17, 2021 at 11:52 pm

👍

42. Smiley Leaves on March 17, 2021 at 11:54 pm

I think my avatar picture says everything

43. Team Mates International Inc. on March 17, 2021 at 11:55 pm

What brand of soil and compost do you use?

44. Zaka Pentax on March 17, 2021 at 11:56 pm

3:10 LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO your wrong, but the sun’s spectrum and intensity is way overpowered for plants, so they made the light but just as concept cause it has to much useless power

45. Tancy Milligan on March 17, 2021 at 11:57 pm

❤❤❤best video❤❤❤. The others I saw they talk too fast and i’m still new to this.

46. Kay Ruth on March 17, 2021 at 11:57 pm

Growing SPINACHE indoors would be good, you can harvest part of it but leave some leaves so the can still get their sunlight but it will grow back again in a few weeks. Called cut and come again, lettuce varieties also do the same thing💝☺

47. Debra Bain on March 18, 2021 at 12:02 am

Thank you. As a teacher you are amazing

48. VAN Վան Հայաստան Armenya on March 18, 2021 at 12:03 am

Great video. You greenhouse professional mine junky https://youtu.be/V9sUHpUS0lI

49. waterlafee Clarke on March 18, 2021 at 12:03 am

Really appreciate this info. It was straight-up and to the point. I dont really have this type of lighting and I have been experimenting with growing in pots by every window. However, I get lots of bugs (fruitfly-like) and wondered about whether I should continue.
    You have answered many questions I have pondered. Thank you.

50. Katelin Marie on March 18, 2021 at 12:07 am

LED lights are more expensive at first but they use less electricity, so less expensive there