Gardening Hacks – 10 Simple Tips for a Successful Vegetable Garden

๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ“– See the GrowVeg book here: https://www.growveg.com/growveg-the-beginners-guide-to-easy-gardening.aspx.
Growing your own food successfully is a constant process of learning which techniques work best for you and your plants.

Often simple bits of advice from other gardeners can help provide shortcuts to achieving success in your garden.

In this video we demonstrate ten quick tips handed down from experienced gardeners which save time, increase your growing space and reduce costs

If you’ve noticed any pests or beneficial insects in your garden recently please report them via http://bigbughunt.com

If you love growing your own food, why not take a look at our online Garden Planner which is available from several major websites and seed suppliers:
and many more…

To receive more gardening videos subscribe to our channel here: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=GrowVeg

1. Lee Kiddell on March 23, 2021 at 10:49 pm

What software are you using?

2. Suki Bedeaux on March 23, 2021 at 10:50 pm

I want to start growing vegetables in my garden. Great tips! ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿฝ

3. Sandia Martin on March 23, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Good tips. I’ve also heard fragrant soap hanging in nylons keep deer away and lightly crumbled egg shells keeps slugs away. Thanks.

4. ADI LIVE on March 23, 2021 at 10:53 pm

Using empty egg shell for sprouting beans and peas are great too…one can simply transfer as such and the calcium in the egg shell adds to the nutritIve value of the soil.

5. Ana Larson on March 23, 2021 at 11:00 pm

great tips.

6. Haze1434 on March 23, 2021 at 11:02 pm

My 2 cents / tip: Instead of planting spring onions and garlic in one area, I tend to spread them out in amongst other plants, or place single-rows between other plants. Supposedly, the chemicals given off my the onion/garlic family are a deterrent to aphids and other pests.

7. FWUTIG 77 on March 23, 2021 at 11:02 pm

2:34 love the channel super good tips but a tray of water works fine too…
    but still great video thx for the helpful tips!

8. Diana Salameh on March 23, 2021 at 11:03 pm

Great Video and Ideas I had to add this to my favorites so I can go back to it. Thanks For Sharing.

9. Carol Sloanes on March 23, 2021 at 11:03 pm

Guttering works better with ends fixed on them

10. The PinCushionMan on March 23, 2021 at 11:04 pm

To gay for me.

11. Leslie-lynne Sinkey on March 23, 2021 at 11:05 pm

Isopropyl alcohol will remove permanent marker ("Sharpie") from plastic plant stakes.

12. NRG Ltwrkr on March 23, 2021 at 11:07 pm

These were some great hacks. I am going to mark my garden hoe handle, and I already cut up a plastic bottle for my tomatoes. Love the soaking peas and then putting them in toilet paper rolls! Thank you! Here’s one: I could never get the hang of composting. Then, one day, my neighbor lady with the beautiful garden suggested this: Once a day, take your veggie and herb trimmings, egg shells and tea and/or coffee grounds from the day and put them into a blender – fill with water and blenderize. Pour this mixture over your garden. Great for the soil and the plants love it. No more need to compost. Has worked for me ever since and I have never "burned" a plant from doing it this way.

13. Penelope Hammerton on March 23, 2021 at 11:08 pm

Great hacks, thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Carol Leach on March 23, 2021 at 11:09 pm

can anyone recommend a garden planning software??

15. Rhoman Mason on March 23, 2021 at 11:10 pm

Grow potatoes and carrots in hanging buckets to keep carrot fly and slugs n snails away from your growing veg ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ

16. DD O'Brien on March 23, 2021 at 11:10 pm

Great video…

dude’s kinda creepy though.

17. Trinmulin9 on March 23, 2021 at 11:12 pm

Thank you for the gardening tips. But, never boil your vegetable you want to eat. You wash out all the nutrients. Cook them slowly in butter or just steam them!

18. Sevak Kirakosyan on March 23, 2021 at 11:13 pm

Nice vid. Thanks.

19. Nada Kodsia on March 23, 2021 at 11:14 pm

ุดูƒุฑุง ุฌุฒูŠู„ุง ุนู„ู‰ ุงู„ู…ุนู„ูˆู…ุงุช ุงู„ุฑุงุฆุนุฉ. Thank you so much for your generous explanation.

20. Gerald Armstrong on March 23, 2021 at 11:15 pm

My favorite hack is to use the cardboard egg containers to start seedlings. Then cut them apart and plant it still in the cardboard.

21. Gabriel Meece on March 23, 2021 at 11:16 pm

I feel like this one should be included https://shrinkme.io/OgykMIT

22. tackless on March 23, 2021 at 11:16 pm

I have a tip to share with everyone. Years ago I had a boat on the Eastern shore of Maryland and there I met the oldest working Waterman on the bay. At the time mr. Johnny was 93 years old. He had a very large garden right near Remington Farms who specialized in food plots to raise deer for the hunter customers. Of course in this area are rabbits and everything else. I asked mr. Johnny don’t you have problems with the animals and he said no look at that pole in the center of my garden. On that pole he had a radio tuned to a talk show on a timer covered with a 5 gallon bucket . Mr. Johnny explain to me if you just play music The Critters will get used to that but they will never come near two people talkin in the middle of a field. I live in the wild Open Country and I have been using mr. Johnny’s trick for many years now and believe me it works. And I mean perfectly. Good luck. T

23. Yo Drop on March 23, 2021 at 11:18 pm

ah yes. i really need to label my sage as i get it confused with my tomato plants.

24. Chantej Singh Bedi on March 23, 2021 at 11:18 pm

Use a paint brush to remove aphids, it works well.

25. Joe Joe on March 23, 2021 at 11:22 pm

Hi, I have looked for a garden planning program an have had no luck. Any suggestion are appreciated. Thanks

26. Gillenz Fluff on March 23, 2021 at 11:26 pm

1 liter of water a tablespoon of vegetable oil and a few drips of washing up liquid blended with a soup wand or blender and use in a spray bottle for aphids spidermite caterpillars it will kill all insects so don’t spray beneficial insects, some plants are sensitive to it so it’s best to wash it off with water after a few minutes.

27. TIMMY on March 23, 2021 at 11:26 pm

At the first glance thought he waa tom felton

28. Matthew Cunningham on March 23, 2021 at 11:27 pm

Very clever thanks

29. LoraLee DaisyG on March 23, 2021 at 11:29 pm

Take the label off a plastic soda bottle, cut the bottom 1/3 of it off and put it over the seeds. This acts as a mini green house and helps keep them moist.

30. Deb Fryer on March 23, 2021 at 11:30 pm

Thanks for this and the great tips on using veg and washing up water. Here in Yuma Arizona this video will be a great reference as I begin my gardening journey this autumn. ๐ŸŒด

31. Pat Pathinayake on March 23, 2021 at 11:32 pm

Thank you so much. Absolutely delighted to listen and absorb data. Please, may I know what to plant in September, October & November in the UK? Thank you.

32. Mary Watkins on March 23, 2021 at 11:32 pm

2:16 The water reservoirs work well. I have also used this method to add compost tea and fish emulsion to my tomato plants.

33. Monica Newkirk on March 23, 2021 at 11:34 pm

You can use the absorbing material from a clean diaper in your soul to keep it hydrated. They hold a lot of water which will be released when the soil is too dry and absorb extra water when it rains.

34. Global Farms Wanhar on March 23, 2021 at 11:35 pm

Always Simple is best

35. The Ginger Gardener on March 23, 2021 at 11:36 pm

Very informative video guys! thank you. I have just noted some of these tips down.

36. Cyclenial on March 23, 2021 at 11:37 pm

GARDEN HACK YOUVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE

37. Sally Weltner on March 23, 2021 at 11:37 pm

When I got tired of moving soil from the compost pile to the garden plot I started digging holes in the lousy soil where I wanted good soil later. I’d fill the hole with kitchen waste, manure, lawn clippings etc and cover with dirt as I dug a similar hole right next to the first. after a while the entire garden was full of composted soil and my back was still in good shape to wear myself out doing other garden chores

38. Chatrajit Swargiary on March 23, 2021 at 11:39 pm

Support me friends.Subs to my channel love from india๐Ÿฅฐ

39. CHARR KR on March 23, 2021 at 11:39 pm

i really enjoyd this cant wait for you next upload!!

40. Dal Cloud on March 23, 2021 at 11:40 pm

Awesome, thank you!!!! My best tip today is soak seeds in yoghurt or other probiotic such as kefir overnight, or even longer! This really gives a boost to older seeds especially!!!!

41. dave oneil on March 23, 2021 at 11:41 pm

Ive got a question. I have an indoor rabbit and been collecting the droppings to use with coco coir for seedlings of various kinds. They were in a small tub and now there is a white stuff growing on them. Could this be benificial fungi growing or bad mold? Should i just load 1 plant with it and see what happens as an experiment?

42. Sharon Pienaar on March 23, 2021 at 11:41 pm

Very helpful Thank you.. sending lots of love all the way from sunny South Africa

43. Mariana Menezes on March 23, 2021 at 11:41 pm

Nice video!

44. Luke Cague on March 23, 2021 at 11:42 pm

Or you can use egg cartons for seeds

45. Steepleview Farm on March 23, 2021 at 11:44 pm

Have you ever tried beneficial nematodes to organically control garden pests? I tried today and made a how to video. What kind of success have you had with this? https://youtu.beNJy1XJD9j_A

46. shopsatavenue official on March 23, 2021 at 11:46 pm

If someone is about to begin with new garden then ..above video is really helpful for those beginers… if you really want gardening accessories then please visit on:

47. Bernardo Pandolfo on March 23, 2021 at 11:46 pm

Olha o tamanho dos dedos desses cara kkkkkkkkkkk

48. Harsh Bhakuni on March 23, 2021 at 11:46 pm

Very good

49. Leslie-lynne Sinkey on March 23, 2021 at 11:46 pm

Isopropyl alcohol also removes permanent marker from plant labels, with a lot less work than sanding!

50. Mr Nepau2 on March 23, 2021 at 11:46 pm

where to purchase the garden software ?