How To Grow Guavas – 3 Delicious Guava Varieties For You!

The Guava tree is a tropical plant that produces delicious and healthy fruits. In today’s video we look at 3 popular guava varieties and how to care for the guava plants in your garden. The three varieties of guavas that are growing in our garden are:
1. Mexican White Guava
2. Ruby Red Guava
3. White Arabian Guava

These are terrific guava varieties to grow and I am sure you will enjoy watching this lovely tree as well as the harvests!

1. Hank Coulston on March 27, 2021 at 11:26 pm

I love quava. I have the guava that gets 2 to 3 lbs.

2. David Hall on March 27, 2021 at 11:26 pm

Those are some beautiful looking gauwahs !

3. Vishal Maraj on March 27, 2021 at 11:26 pm

How do you deal with fruit flies laying eggs in your fruit?

4. thehuntfortruth on March 27, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Great job and thanks so much for sharing! πŸ™‚

5. Jhansi Ki Rani on March 27, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Where did you buy Arabian white guava tree

6. MrVikingDance on March 27, 2021 at 11:29 pm

I’m in CA Monterey County, where can I buy these varieties?

7. manjushekhawat1 on March 27, 2021 at 11:29 pm

How much distance to keep between trees for guava tree? Also your backyard has so many trees, doesn’t it impact house foundation?

8. Hameed Jagubar on March 27, 2021 at 11:32 pm

I love guavas esp the pink variety which is available in India. It’s sweet and fragrant.

9. Joseph Varghese on March 27, 2021 at 11:33 pm

I am not able to find white Arabian guvava tree in my area πŸ˜₯

10. Siva Kolappa on March 27, 2021 at 11:35 pm

What is the scientific name for White Arabian Guava? Can it grow in Zone 9B?

11. Josias Castillo on March 27, 2021 at 11:36 pm

Dude what is your secret ,how are they so big ? Please tell me

12. chris on March 27, 2021 at 11:37 pm

I have the ruby red guava seedlings but i hate it takes so long to mature:( they are still only about an 1" to 2 inches its taking for ever to grow

13. Suraj Kumar on March 27, 2021 at 11:37 pm

Nice

14. Jinhui Chen on March 27, 2021 at 11:38 pm

Thanks for the explanation. Just bought and planted a white guava tree. I love to eat guava!

15. Daily Life and Nature on March 27, 2021 at 11:40 pm

Your guava look very beautiful and produce many fruit , thanks for sharing to us such amazing plant in the home garden, interesting video .

16. Joel Conrriquez on March 27, 2021 at 11:43 pm

Where can I buy a white arabian guava? It looks very delicious and tasty 🀀 thanks for sharing!

17. S Battle on March 27, 2021 at 11:44 pm

I love your videos I’m in Texas and I love guava so I purchased one can’t wait to see the fruits of my labor. thanks for letting me know to bring it in doing the winter ., how to fertilize it.

18. zasr 71 on March 27, 2021 at 11:45 pm

Thanks tht was very interesting , I live in the UK and we come under weather zone 9.
    Do u think I’ll be able to grow the Arabian guava here ?
    Or any other variety ?
    Also how long did u have to wait before the trees fruited ?

19. fazrana fazal on March 27, 2021 at 11:45 pm

Plz tell me which pecticise is good for worms in guavava

20. Julius Zhu on March 27, 2021 at 11:46 pm

I’ve watched this video several times during the past 3 yrs, because I cannot find what’s the exact variety name of "White Arabian Guava", is it the same as "Mexican Cream Guava"?

21. Murali Srinivasan on March 27, 2021 at 11:46 pm

how to save guavas from squirrels…..they eat most of the fruits when they r raw…..& how ripen raw guavas

22. Buck Wild Productions on March 27, 2021 at 11:46 pm

Thank you kind sir! Greaat vdeo! Very informatife as i have never tried one and want to try some guava.

23. Urmila Devi on March 27, 2021 at 11:46 pm

Nice

24. Srinivasan Padmanabhan on March 27, 2021 at 11:46 pm

great video. where did you buy the starter plants?

25. Mini Shyam on March 27, 2021 at 11:47 pm

Can we grow guavas in the ground in Houston? I got a couple of guavas and thinking if I should grow them in the ground or pots

26. Rebeka Alvear on March 27, 2021 at 11:49 pm

You explain this much better than current University professors in USA.

27. AA Home Gardening on March 27, 2021 at 11:50 pm

I have a red guava growing from seed, but it’s growing slowly
    I have a Chilean guava in the garden as well

28. JenTheHermit on March 27, 2021 at 11:50 pm

Everyone in my family loves guava, except me!!

29. Green Bird on March 27, 2021 at 11:53 pm

Where can I find white Arabian guava plant in india? I searched a lot online but no information.

30. Priyanka Ankisetti on March 27, 2021 at 11:53 pm

Thanks for sharing your experienc in growing guava trees. Can you shoot a video on how to prune the guava trees?

31. Yusuf Attarwala on March 27, 2021 at 11:56 pm

Thank you for sharing this informative video. What’s the best time to plant a new Guava tree? Are you in Northern California or South?

32. Harish Jagtap on March 27, 2021 at 11:56 pm

Please share some information about Indian Gauva farming,
    Thanks
    And
    Nice info

33. Glogluxx on March 27, 2021 at 11:58 pm

It never explained HOW to grow them πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

34. Adam Obregon on March 27, 2021 at 11:59 pm

Question I live in Naples FL and I am looking for a variety of guava that grows well in containers..any suggestions?

35. Amishi Ved on March 28, 2021 at 12:00 am

Which tree has sweetest fruits out of this 3 varieties closest to Indian taste can u suggest please?

36. Sonya Gala on March 28, 2021 at 12:08 am

Hello thank you for your video. Very thorough and easy to follow instructions. I have a guava tree that I’ve had for several years.It has never really produce much fruit to speak of. I don’t know what variety of tree this is. I would welcome any tips on how to get it to grow and start producing. When you talk about fertilizer, what do you suggest? What about mulching? I live in California 9b zone. How about watering? I trimmed a lot of twigs yesterday. Do you think this was smart to do? It is the only guava tree that I have so do you think I need another so they could cross pollinate? I would welcome any tips that you could give me. Thank you very much

37. Rita Majumder on March 28, 2021 at 12:09 am

We live in Houston. I got a very small guava tree. What is the best way to keep it alive. How long it takes to grow fruit. The plant is about 9 inches.

38. beth barii on March 28, 2021 at 12:10 am

Plenty of guavas nyeri

39. Fastlanedann on March 28, 2021 at 12:10 am

The title is; "HOW TO GROW GUAVA", Where is the instruction on "HOW TO GROW"?, to your credit, you describe the three variety very well but NO description on "HOW TO GROW…",

40. Priscilla mutupa Mulenga on March 28, 2021 at 12:10 am

I have listened to your documentary over and over. It’s quiet interesting the way you have presented it. By the way are you now supplying the seeds. I need exactly what I see on your channel. Thank you

41. Jason King on March 28, 2021 at 12:13 am

Kinda beautiful that lifes produces millions of the same beautiful things for no reason and we have to do this thing called "eat" them. Similar shape colors tastes of this thing that came out of nothing. I grew up on guavas, miss them

42. ZH on March 28, 2021 at 12:14 am

Hi, Do you think i can grow this White Arabian Guava in Joliet, illinois ? I would really like to have this in my backyard.

43. Satinderpal Singh on March 28, 2021 at 12:16 am

where did yu get the white aribian
    guava tree ?

44. ma. teresa rose Zarco on March 28, 2021 at 12:16 am

I think it would be better if you combine all three varieties by drafting it into only one tree to save some space in your garden.

45. Hok Song on March 28, 2021 at 12:16 am

HELLO,
    Where can i buy white Arabian Guava tree? Do you sell it?

46. Gloria Quiroz on March 28, 2021 at 12:17 am

I love your channel!!!!😊

47. dileep polumaati on March 28, 2021 at 12:17 am

Jaama kaaya srushtincha vachu. Sky, earth, sarva jnaanam nee srushtinchina sarva srushti karthaa nee sarva jnaanam tho. Nuv yekkadaa lekundaa chachi po. Sky, earth, sex, sarva jnaanam nee srushtinchina sarva srushti karthaa nuv yekkadaa lekundaa chachi poπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

48. Padma Nathan on March 28, 2021 at 12:22 am

What is the best organic fertilizer for guava ?

49. fazrana fazal on March 28, 2021 at 12:23 am

Hi brother I live in Florida I have a red guavas plant which fertilizer is good Thanks

50. UandI US on March 28, 2021 at 12:24 am

The guava tree is 4 years old ( about 5 feet tall) and in a pot in the Bay Area. No flowers yet. What can be done?