Herb Garden Design Ideas

💛 📖 See the GrowVeg book here: https://www.growveg.com/growveg-the-beginners-guide-to-easy-gardening.aspx.
Herbs are a versatile addition to your garden, adding color and aroma while also encouraging beneficial insects and even confusing pests.

With a transformative effect in the kitchen, herbs can enhance meals, contributing bags of flavour and turning the ordinary into the extraordinary.

In this short video we share some design ideas to help you fit more herbs into your garden whatever the style, size or shape.

If you love growing your own food, why not take a look at our online Garden Planner which is available from several major websites and seed suppliers:
and many more…

To receive more gardening videos subscribe to our channel here: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=GrowVeg

If you’ve noticed any pests or beneficial insects in your garden lately please report them to us at http://BigBugHunt.com

1. TheTrueabundance on April 5, 2021 at 11:42 pm

Herbs can also be used medicinally. I grow thyme and sage which both make a great infusion to relieve coughs, lavender helps to calm you and helps you sleep if you put a sprig under your pillow (the smell is wonderful!) and comfrey leaves can be made into a poultice and wrapped round sprains to aid quick healing and bring pain relief.

2. Seth on April 5, 2021 at 11:42 pm

Are there any herbs that suits a Balchoney that have walls almost all around only a few hours of evening sunlight in the summer?

3. Jelly Bean on April 5, 2021 at 11:46 pm

You’re amazing… I love your channel.

4. Ann Hancox on April 5, 2021 at 11:50 pm

We put our herbs on the corners of our raised bed gardens. We would LOVE to know where to get the basket weave raised bed at 2:43 if anyone knows. Thank you!

5. Bruce Allen on April 5, 2021 at 11:50 pm

Great video. Good info. I found a book that’s super cheap and really helpful. It’s always helpful to have some additional resources: https://cutt.ly/6rvewD4

6. Steph Anie on April 5, 2021 at 11:50 pm

I have chocolate mint planted in planters near my front door. It is so beautiful …deep green with purplish stems and veining… and it smells INCREDIBLE. It also makes great tea, dessert garnish, mojitos, or just chew on it for fresh breath.
    It is my favourite herb even though I use it the least when I’m cooking. 💚

7. D Alexa on April 5, 2021 at 11:51 pm

I thought this was Alton brown!

8. Garden Deco on April 5, 2021 at 11:53 pm

I want to try it right now. Good idea!

9. Elaine Lerner on April 5, 2021 at 11:55 pm

I especially enjoyed this video as I love herbs! I incorporate many throughout my vegetable garden. You might mention some are easy to grow inside on sunny window sills.

10. Asim Nawaz Veggies Home Kitchen Garden on April 5, 2021 at 11:57 pm

Great informative video about different varieties of herbs according to their weather condition

11. Lavender Sunday on April 5, 2021 at 11:59 pm

This is my first year working with herbs. I’m in region 8 in East Texas. I’m getting my feet wet with herbs in pots and so far so good. I have chocolate mint, pepermint, lemon balm, lemon tyme, stevia, cilantro, Italian oregano, greek oregano, holly basil and my two favorites!!!Pinapple sage and African blue basil.

12. CampK9DayCare on April 6, 2021 at 12:00 am

I am just building a wooden wall/raised lanter around my patio specifically for herbs

13. Ann Hancox on April 6, 2021 at 12:02 am

Where can I purchase the basket weave borders displayed in this video for my garden? Thank you!

14. TheFunKwitz on April 6, 2021 at 12:02 am

when is the best time to plant out a new herb garden? SE UK . Great vid. Big Ups

15. Deborah John on April 6, 2021 at 12:12 am

D GREETINGS! TO YALL. The Doctors Said Herpes Virus do not have a medical cure because the virus is capable of hiding within the human cells, it remains protected from your immune system. Herpes is not a special virus; your immune system has the power to fight it back but because it is able to lay dormant in protected cells, your immune system is unable to remove it from your body. But with strong reactive herbal medication is capable of getting rid of the virus gradually and totally from your body within just 14days without damaging any of your cells. Natural herbs kills the bad cells carrying the herpes virus totally! within just 14 days. I am not a medical doctor but i get cured from a herbal doctor who name is Dr abumere with his natural herbal medicine within just 14 days and his medicine is% 100 safe and it has no side effects. A lot of people have been cured of herpes with his herbal medicine.for more info contact Dr abumere via doctorabumrer6@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2349021975055

16. Sreehari N on April 6, 2021 at 12:13 am

Great video from the wonderful channel again..

17. Deborah Fleming on April 6, 2021 at 12:14 am

I just love your videos. Your instructions are wonderful and easy to follow. Thank you so much for posting these.

18. VianneyCreates on April 6, 2021 at 12:22 am

Lovely examples!

19. Sandor's Health and Wellness on April 6, 2021 at 12:23 am

Awesome info thanks for sharing!!!

20. Andrew Martin on April 6, 2021 at 12:23 am

Feeling inspired to break up my full sun patio now to plant herbs into in the spring. Thanks.

21. Herbal DT CH on April 6, 2021 at 12:23 am

Jom Tengok Khasiat Herbal-Herbal Semulajadi Yang Boleh Kita Amalkan Untuk Kesihatan di Youtube Herbal DT CH https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHQkWdUUm8FVbcyO_U3TpOg

22. Deborah John on April 6, 2021 at 12:26 am

23. Sandra Brown on April 6, 2021 at 12:26 am

This video talks about planning your garden on their spreadsheet planner. But where can I get this?

24. J Jay on April 6, 2021 at 12:27 am

This was the most useful posts I’ve found and I’ve been searching for some time, so thank you for this useful vlog.😊🌿

25. D Laity on April 6, 2021 at 12:28 am

We went with a herb spiral about three years ago – never looked back! We didn’t even have the resources to do it ‘properly’ so it’s phenomenally successful all things considered.

26. Urban Leaf on April 6, 2021 at 12:28 am

Awesome ideas thanks for sharing!

27. Masha Vibrant Yoga on April 6, 2021 at 12:29 am

I’ve planted mint, oregano and lemon balm and over the years they have taken OVER the garden 🙁

28. Ben on April 6, 2021 at 12:32 am

My business specializes in designing and installing drought-tolerant landscapes. I once had a client who loved making her own homemade herbal teas and asked if I could integrate something into the design that would allow her to have easy access to the more than 25 herbs she liked scattered through the yard. So I installed a few outcroppings of large moss boulder clusters that were spaced just so, allowing for all her herbs to grow between the warm stones. This also helped to control the more aggressive growth tendencies some herbs tend to have. They were all elevated up between 2 and 3 feet high, which added an aesthetic element to the profile of the landscape, and also so they could be easily reached and harvested each day for her delicious cup of tea!

29. Simone Bourgeois on April 6, 2021 at 12:36 am

I need your gardening expertise. I would like to know how you grow your thyme & rosemary. Every time I try to go them I only get to pick a few stims before they suddenly die. 😭

30. Tiny Farm on April 6, 2021 at 12:37 am

Love the presenter, as well as the content!
    Could you please identify the pink flowering plant around the base of a tree at 2mins 37 secs into the video?
    More info on greenhouse growing would be terrific.
    Thanks

31. Caleb Cologna on April 6, 2021 at 12:37 am

I have a somewhat small container garden and keep most of my herbs at the end closer to the front door so I can just grab a pinch while I’m cooking.

Plus it makes enjoying the cloud of bees around my basils easier