How to build a pond and waterfall water feature

I made this pond for under $200. It’s a contemporary design to match the mailbox I made years ago.

Materials:

Pond Liner $45 https://amzn.to/334iO90
UWIOFF 10′ x 13′ Pond Liner, 20 Mil

Pond Pump $23 https://amzn.to/36bo5xG
VIVOSUN 800GPH Submersible Pump

Pond Hose $15 https://amzn.to/30dlMX1
3/4″ ID x 10 Ft Clear PVC Vinyl Tubing

How to make a pond. DIY Pond. Contemporary pond. Modern Pond.

1. TommyTester on April 9, 2021 at 11:53 pm

Why not put the pump directly under the falls and use a clear vertical pipe?

2. ΣXΩTIC herping_so_az on April 9, 2021 at 11:55 pm

Cool idea but did you guys ever acclimate the fish to the tempature if you didn’t the fish would have went through osmotic shock also goldfish create plenty of waste and ammonia did you add water conditioner or bacteria starter a filter I’m sorry for all the questions I just want the goldfish to have a happy life also NEVER EVER RELEASE GOLDFISH INTO THE WILD you will be damaging the ecosystem competing native species and it’s illegal and you will need to pay a hefty fine for that

3. Grace Ortiz on April 9, 2021 at 11:55 pm

Awesome! Now how will you keep the dog out of it?

4. Don’s Lawns on April 10, 2021 at 12:02 am

Very cool project Koven! 💪🏻

5. Striperman on April 10, 2021 at 12:05 am

Very cool idea and came out great. I wonder if I did one in the backyard bigger I could swim in it 🙂

6. harley Dyson on April 10, 2021 at 12:08 am

Looks amazing! Excellent work!

Just a suggestion you might consider…

if it gets a lot of sun, algae may continuously be a problem. (It’s inevitable)

Possible solutions…
    Ditch the fish, make it a water feature and dose with chlorine ….. or

If you keep the fish, maybe consider some algae eating fish (will definitely need a filter and still may not resolve if you don’t have enough)

I’ve also heard of others control algae with a UV steriliser.

Hope it all works out!

7. Lawn Pusher on April 10, 2021 at 12:12 am

MAKE IT HAPPEN!! PITTL!

8. JohnnyPro523 on April 10, 2021 at 12:23 am

Get a UV light it will help with the water quality but there will still be algea no matter what but no green water

9. The Lawn Tools on April 10, 2021 at 12:28 am

This is awesome! Rumor has it, Jeremy OF the greener lawn has had koi ponds in the past and may be knowledgeable on maintenance if you are looking for that sort of guy 😁

10. The Lawn Shark on April 10, 2021 at 12:30 am

Love this idea!

11. Sean’s Midwest Lawn on April 10, 2021 at 12:31 am

Looks good! Worried about frogs at all?

12. Thomas Quigley on April 10, 2021 at 12:32 am

nice one! You are so creative.

13. elyh777 on April 10, 2021 at 12:35 am

I read all the comments and didn’t find a single one about those work flip flops! 😂

14. The Lawn Whisperer on April 10, 2021 at 12:39 am

I have a similar space at my house and this is probably the coolest use of that space I’ve ever seen. Very nice!

15. JEmerson Youtube on April 10, 2021 at 12:42 am

6:55 – what happened to the lawn? Looked amazing before….

16. SVDave on April 10, 2021 at 12:42 am

Me walking home from bar would fall into this almost every time! So awesome though!

17. Jason G on April 10, 2021 at 12:46 am

Pond projects are like that. Probably why I haven’t done one yet. This one is pretty sweet though. Nice work!