This project of setting #patiogarden on my new apartment took me almost 2 months of planning, picking the right furnitures, coming up with the up-cycling ideas and most of all, being creative on utilizing small patio space at urban apartment.
If you are thinking your space is not big enough to have garden, watch me how I built on my own tiny patio. there’s still a way. Don’t miss the joy of growing herbs and vegetables, having freshest organic veggies right next to you and becoming healthier is a plus. Check out the tips I included in this video.
*UPDATE: Lots of you have been asking about the products I used in this video. I found them with efforts physically visiting to multiple nurseries and home/ interior shops but I managed to find them online for you all. (If not exact, as close as possible.) I tested lots of different pots and containers and failed. The products I used in this vid are well worth it, if you are living in urban areas and hoping to get small patio garden like me. Below I include the links for them. Enjoy. (Listed in order of appearance.)
1. White Metal Long Window box pots (for fence): https://amzn.to/2TPlyBW
originally from IKEA (As of 2020 November, the items are not listed on IKEA website. But I found similar looking long window box planter/ flower pot on Amazon. Link above.)
2. White Metal Round Window box pots with hanger: https://amzn.to/329clZB
3. Terracotta Vertical Hanging Garden System Planters of 3 (Herb corner): https://amzn.to/327dDV2
4. Cinder Blocks (bought at HomeDepot)
5. Sunscreen Fabric by Easy Gardener Saddle Tan (for shade, privacy and ventilation): https://amzn.to/2HYWvJI
6. 5 Tier Bamboo Shelves: https://amzn.to/2JvbrAi
7. Lettuce Seeds I used: Lettuce Lovers Seed Collection (8 Individual Packets) Non-GMO Seeds https://amzn.to/2TPmdDb
My apartment is in the bay area and you can guess it is not big. Having a garden in this area is a blessing. Even though it’s not big, yet I managed to grow variety of herbs and vegetables that I use almost everyday for cooking. Surprisingly it was way too successful, I ended up giving away some lettuces to my neighbors and moving lots of them to my space in the community garden.
In the following video, I will go details about how I grew (from seed to starter plants) and how I take care of all those herbs and vegetables in small apartment and #containergarden. Subscribe to keep updated.
Thank you for coming here, hope you are inspired.