How to Plant and Grow Organic Wild Flowers

Wildflowers are the perfect choice for low-maintenance beauty. Tricia shows you how to get started with your wildflower area.

Our blog suggests Wildflowers Instead of Weeds http://groworganic.com/organic-gardening/articles/wildflowers-not-weeds … and offers some ideas on which wildflowers to plant http://groworganic.com/organic-gardening/articles/plant-this-fall-for-glorious-wildflower-meadows-and-beds-next-year

All your organic gardening supplies in one place at our site http://www.groworganic.com.

1. AngelHeart on April 12, 2021 at 11:27 pm

Thanks so answering back 🙂 . Got another question if you dont mind please. It says on one site to keep the seed bed moist until the wildflower seeds have started to germinate and another site that to keep them moist till they get to 6 -8 inches. Dont know which is true and a third site that you cant water them all the time because they will depend on you too. :S please help.Thanks

2. Socksee on April 12, 2021 at 11:32 pm

beautiful and seems fairly easy ~ thank you!

3. Jersey Pete on April 12, 2021 at 11:33 pm

What do you think of the idea of planting wild flowers in a raised bed? My soil is very very hard and full of rocks. That’s why I want to plant in a raised bed.

4. turningtide1 on April 12, 2021 at 11:36 pm

Thanks to your help I sowed the wildflowers. I’m not clear on how often to water. It’s been very warm here in Los Angeles. When in spring should they start coming up? Thanks again!

5. anticorncob6 on April 12, 2021 at 11:41 pm

I put 25 packages of wildflowers on an area. You said one package covers ten square feet, so 25 should cover 250 square feet. If I measure the area and it’s less than that, should I be worried?

6. Mona Iqbal on April 12, 2021 at 11:42 pm

I’m from Kashmir, a naturally blessed place, but neglected over the past few decades. I’m planting a wild flower meadow as soon as I get the land to start it on. I loved your video, count me in as your future customer.

7. RebeccaAndFamily on April 12, 2021 at 11:43 pm

The cold and snow won’t harm the seed?

8. The Bumble Bee Foundation Project on April 12, 2021 at 11:43 pm

Thumbs up if your watching this in 2017. Great Video and great advice. I am sure the Bees on the East Coast do not mind that the California Poppy is classed as a weed. One of my favourite plants. We have a patch in the UK bees love them. and they just creat an awesome blaze of colour.

9. AngelHeart on April 12, 2021 at 11:45 pm

Plus says on the box to plant more seeds every year so do i plow the soil before or i just rake them in(because it says that some that some wild flowers might come back) and if i blow they wont? Please :S Were i live we dont have snow or ice so i dont know if it makes a difference. Sorry i know nothing 🙁

10. Wayne Blake on April 12, 2021 at 11:55 pm

IAM PERFECT IAM ETERNAL!

11. rashad smith on April 12, 2021 at 11:55 pm

Awesome video, Trisha! Thank you.

12. Jo Ann on April 12, 2021 at 11:56 pm

Love your videos!

13. beatrice reeves on April 12, 2021 at 11:56 pm

How about in a medium garden

14. turningtide1 on April 12, 2021 at 11:58 pm

Can you sow wildflowers in early winter? I’m in southern California. Hope so. Thanks

15. AngelHeart on April 13, 2021 at 12:00 am

Hi got some more questions sorry :L . My wild flowers finally started blooming and i cut one flower for my mum but then the plant stopped growing (is there a bad way to cut wild flowers)? Got green wild flowers and they came like sticks with with only brown dead leaves are they dead and i should pull them out from the root or just leave them and cut them in winter with the rest? Please

16. Solomon Crumley on April 13, 2021 at 12:01 am

Hi, I am in north Georgia (zone 7), and I am thinking about planting about 2 acres of lance leaf coreopsis on a hill that has red clay/rocky soil. Would you recommend covering the seed with something such as straw or mulch to prevent erosion after the seed has been rolled?

17. JJ Cevering on April 13, 2021 at 12:01 am

Which video is this ones follow up

18. AngelHeart on April 13, 2021 at 12:06 am

Thanks 🙂 I’ll keep them watered till they come tall enough thanks so much for the help! 🙂

19. AngelHeart on April 13, 2021 at 12:07 am

Hi i read on the internet that you have to mow or hand cut your wildflower garden once a year, in the late fall after all the flowers have bloomed and the seeds have dropped…
    Can i just leave them alone and not cut them at all? Dont know why they have to be cut because the field wildflowers are always left alone & do fine. and when the flowers make like poppy seeds can i just make them in a paper bag and plant them next year? Because i saw something on the internet about washing seeds :S.Thx

20. Boen on April 13, 2021 at 12:20 am

Amazing! Thank you very much

21. Pogmo Thoin on April 13, 2021 at 12:21 am

I was going to plant my wildflowers today until you said to put them in the freezer a couple of days prior. I didn’t know that, and they shipped with limited instructions, none of which mentioned a freezer! What happens if you don’t put them in the freezer? Do they not germinate, or some don’t germinate?

22. AngelHeart on April 13, 2021 at 12:23 am

Thanks so much for your help 🙂