Pickling 350 Eggs | Preserving Food for Winter in Alaska

We go all out in this episode and pickle 350 chicken eggs. We head outdoors for the task, spice up our recipes and complete our preservation of eggs for the winter ahead.

Thank you for watching and supporting our channel! 💙
– Eric & Arielle Illia

Visit our Amazon store to see the products we use and recommend:

Our Amazon affiliate link if you wish to support our channel: https://amzn.to/2Xi9CvE

Products used in this video:
Camera: https://amzn.to/2PePqZF
Stainless Water Bath Canner: https://amzn.to/3uyou6j
Camp Chef Stove: https://amzn.to/3rVXo7l
Canning Tongs: https://amzn.to/30DWW2n

You can also support us through PayPal at: https://www.paypal.me/SimpleLivingAlaska?locale.x=en_US

Don’t want to miss an episode? You can 🅢🅤🅑🅢🅒🅡🅘🅑🅔 here: http://www.youtube.com/c/SimpleLivingAlaska

Our most popular playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43yscm4F1pA&list=PL5dzTsBM4zzBbhZowW6uMJD8mdTts66EN

𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐚 –

𝑊𝑒𝑏𝑠𝑖𝑡𝑒: https://www.simplelivingalaska.com

𝐹𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘: https://www.facebook.com/SimpleLivingAlaska

𝐼𝑛𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑚: https://www.instagram.com/simplelivingalaska/

𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐬 –

𝐸𝑚𝑎𝑖𝑙: simplelivingalaska@gmail.com

𝑀𝑎𝑖𝑙:
Simple Living Alaska
PO Box 506
Willow, AK 99688

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

1. EphemeralStar on April 16, 2021 at 11:32 pm

Do the beets get soft and you can eat them too?

2. 单骑追风走天涯 on April 16, 2021 at 11:33 pm

雪地那块是尿渍吗

3. Michael Worley on April 16, 2021 at 11:33 pm

Hey love the teal color themed but also consider building a treehouse over just a house that tears down the forest. Trees should be building blocks no tearing blocks. It can be funky and swirlyio just needs a bit of adjusting imagination and blueprinting and there we go and inventive you might get more followers because your not just helping humanity but your helping the World. We are not only making channels grow but It inspire others to experiment and YouTube Channels will grow when we choose to help the world 2 ways in one stone. Building a tree house and putting gardens in it. It can maybe make new species

4. Robbin Hobdy on April 16, 2021 at 11:34 pm

Do you sell your herbs and mustards?

5. Demetrius Holmes on April 16, 2021 at 11:34 pm

I have a question I get fresh egg from my friend I never refrigerated them I’ve had for a while now I heard eggs last a long time if never refrigerated but once they do you have to keep them cold so what is a safe time to keep the eggs if not refrigerated or once they are how long do they keep I get a lot from him but my wife won’t touch a egg if I leave them out the fridge and if I do put them in she thinks they only lay 3 weeks. THANKS FOR SAVING MY MARRIAGE lol. Nice content

6. manvsbridge on April 16, 2021 at 11:35 pm

Appealing.

7. Natalie Witkowski on April 16, 2021 at 11:36 pm

Jeez I’ve been watching you guys for a long time lol

8. Michael Ganzer on April 16, 2021 at 11:37 pm

Self-cultivated, pickled, hard boiled eggs. You’ll touch each of them at least seven times before eating. Very intimate. You gather each egg, you check it, you prepare it, you boil it, you cool it, you peel it, you pickle it. I loved you beet root pickled eggs. Next time, please try the following: Prepare some six weeks aged pickeled beet root ‘kwas’ (thickened) and then use it with laurel, allspice and onion for the hard boiled eggs. Delicious. Wish I could have helped ya. 🙂

9. Anthony Hiser on April 16, 2021 at 11:38 pm

I bet you guys can clear out a room after eating them 😉

10. Kristin Peterson on April 16, 2021 at 11:40 pm

I don’t even like eggs but this was interesting lol

11. Fow SageCZ on April 16, 2021 at 11:41 pm

Greetings friends from the Czech republic, Slaný city. <3

12. Robbin Hobdy on April 16, 2021 at 11:42 pm

How much. are your. pickled eggs?

13. M Jones on April 16, 2021 at 11:43 pm

Hey where’s the Brown family, they arereal Alaskan bush people, 🤣🤣

14. kim100878 on April 16, 2021 at 11:44 pm

It looks like you have Icelandic chickens. Love the breed here in Wisconsin. I’m definitely going to try these recipes. I got eggs coming out of my ears and it’s only April.

15. Jennifer Andrews on April 16, 2021 at 11:45 pm

New here. It’s the cat for me

16. Teoman Mucan on April 16, 2021 at 11:47 pm

Bu da akıllısı……

Önce yumurtaları korsun…..
    Sonra suyunu….
    Başlarsın kaynatmaya….

He He Vijayawada……

Genetik…..

Alman bölgesi…..

1000/2021

Verileni alacak olan yazıyor….
    Verecek olanı iflas ediyor….

Sinemacı iflas ediyor….

Hisse Senetlerine burnunu sokdumu….
    Dipsiz kuyunun içine….

Hiç g… s…. demez…

Bil ki masraf başkasından dır…….

17. andy freer on April 16, 2021 at 11:47 pm

Love to taste these pickled eggs in winter

18. sistergabriel fassl on April 16, 2021 at 11:48 pm

Yum! Love pickled eggs!

19. Lana Lana on April 16, 2021 at 11:49 pm

Яйца можно сохранить надолго, если залить водой с известью.

20. Meiralora Duncan on April 16, 2021 at 11:52 pm

You can also use glassing to preserve your eggs so that you have eggs year round. The homesteadingfamily channel has multiple videos on how to do it and she explains how they can actually be used 10+ years in the future.

21. erich loidfelder on April 16, 2021 at 11:54 pm

I love your work. Thank you and greetings from Austria.

22. Tom Detiege on April 16, 2021 at 11:55 pm

You will raise some awesome kids. sending love from France.

23. Ivan Vargas on April 16, 2021 at 11:56 pm

Boiling Multiple Eggs Pro Tip: Use cheese cloth as a net to dunk them in & pull them out all at once

24. Heather Thompson on April 17, 2021 at 12:00 am

Boiling brine is just going to recook your eggs…should let it cool first

25. A W on April 17, 2021 at 12:01 am

You should pickle your chickens so you don’t have to feed them in the winter.

26. Michael Zellhorn on April 17, 2021 at 12:04 am

Forgive me if I am stating the obvious, but wouldn’t it be easier to put a few LED grow lights in the chicken coop to artificially extend the daylight hours and keep the chickens laying fresh eggs through the winter? Just asking.

27. M Jones on April 17, 2021 at 12:04 am

Bet yall fart a ton 🤣🤣🤣🤭🤢💩💩

28. TANKTASTIC on April 17, 2021 at 12:04 am

Preserved eggs are the absolute best!

29. Nature Share on April 17, 2021 at 12:05 am

Cool video, so beautiful views ,good weather, nice for sharing my friend

30. Ari’el on April 17, 2021 at 12:07 am

The idea of pickled eggs has honestly always grossed me out(probably because of the jars of pink liquid), but this looks amazing!! We have an abundance of eggs right now (and I have not been able to stomach cooked eggs, but I always love hard boiled eggs) so I’m totally going to try this! 😍

31. Josh Turnbull on April 17, 2021 at 12:08 am

Just found this video. Subscribed afterwards

32. Mateo G on April 17, 2021 at 12:08 am

Can only imagine the amount of "pull my finger" jokes in their cabin😁

33. JAKyL S on April 17, 2021 at 12:09 am

Wow! So hungry for pickled eggs now. I would like to try the asian style.

34. Sam Gleysteen on April 17, 2021 at 12:10 am

Make sure to keep your face directly level and close to the burner when you are lighting it so you know when its lit.

35. M Jones on April 17, 2021 at 12:10 am

New to the channel, I’ve found a spoon full of white vinegar to the boiling water makes it super easy to peel eggs, now this is for 4 eggs so you’ll need to add a bunch more if you try it.

36. Tiffany Johnson on April 17, 2021 at 12:10 am

Love your guys channel. I’m highly allergic to eggs but my kiddos and family love em. I do a lot of canning myself but I have yet to pickle eggs. Thanks for sharing and they all look delicious.

37. Disabled and Prepping on April 17, 2021 at 12:12 am

If anyone would be willing to share their pickled egg recipes with me I would be very honored. I would love to start picking eggs for this coming winter and to have through out the year.

38. Ant Robinson on April 17, 2021 at 12:12 am

If, you don’t want to feed the shells to the chickens, run them through a microwave for a minute or two and then desolve in water and use as a calcium feed for tomatoes.

39. Louise Kaskel on April 17, 2021 at 12:13 am

Boiled eggs do not take 8 minutes…..as soon as water boils turn off with lid, they cook themselves without over boiling them…

40. Katrina LeeBaldwin on April 17, 2021 at 12:14 am

If you use a spoon under the eggshell it will go much faster and it will save your poor fingers. Just crack the egg and wiggle the spoon under shell until they separate

41. kstk on April 17, 2021 at 12:15 am

ahh no, I am going to prep these now because of you! 😀

42. Truth and Reason on April 17, 2021 at 12:16 am

when you put some vinegar in water while hard boiling, egg white gets hardened in shell cracks before boiling. Then you don’t have to put away cracked eggs while boiling.

43. Wendy Peche on April 17, 2021 at 12:16 am

What happens if you picked the eggs unshelled? Peal as you eat them? Probably have more nutrition value? I will try it and DYOR. Do Your Own Research. I always tweak things to make them my own. People follow same patterns. I enjoy my creativity of making things my way.

44. Siva Sankar Velivela on April 17, 2021 at 12:21 am

WOW

45. Papillon bleu Papillon bleu on April 17, 2021 at 12:22 am

Dommage on peut pas mettre en français

46. kushviper on April 17, 2021 at 12:25 am

35 degrees and the jackets are off. When I lived in northern Michigan it was the same way 😂

47. guy calgary on April 17, 2021 at 12:28 am

That’s going to be a stinky cabin

48. Truth and Reason on April 17, 2021 at 12:29 am

Guys do you know any technique to preserve eggs without cooking? My small flock lays about 30 eggs daily but 6-7 of them are white shelled. And people buy brown ones. In my family only I like eating boiled eggs, I need to find a way topreserve those eggs to use in the dry season. So I can sell fresh eggs, my flock only lays about 5 eggs daily in the dry season.

49. Pamela B on April 17, 2021 at 12:29 am

I have never eaten a pickled egg, but they look so delicious sitting in those jars! I bet your various recipes are yummy! This is my first time to your channel. Of course, I subscribed. Question: How do you keep your chickens alive in the desperately cold winters?

50. Richard Foran on April 17, 2021 at 12:31 am

The farting in this household must be either very clandestine or the cold nutralise the smell. 300 eggs.
    Eggsellent 😰