Raised Bed Kitchen and Herb Garden Tour

Bring beauty and function to your garden space by planting a raised bed kitchen, herb, and flower garden right outside your back door. Come see my design and which plants I chose to include and why. And pay special attention to the plethora of pollinators this garden attracts!

List of herbs/flowers/vegetables in this garden:
Dwarf Nasturtium
Cinnamon Basil
Echinacea
Sweet Potatoes
Marigold
Cosmos
Scarlet Runner Beans
Mealycup Sage (or Blue Salvia) — (not Stevia as I had thought; it was mis-labeled at the nursery)

More:

Medicinal Herb Gardening 101: https://journeywithjill.net/gardening/2019/09/10/medicinal-herb-gardening-for-beginners/

Basic Herbs to Grow for Health and Body Care: https://journeywithjill.net/gardening/2020/05/12/basic-herbs-to-grow-for-health-and-body-care/

1. Lori Waite on April 20, 2021 at 12:12 am

Wonderful kitchen garden, Jill. Love how well the herbs and flowers grow together – inspires me to try to do the same.
    Could you list in your Description (above) everything you name in the video?

2. Lunar Bloom on April 20, 2021 at 12:17 am

So beautiful, functional and Inspirational 💓

3. Jennifer Haynes on April 20, 2021 at 12:20 am

I just love the this! The harvesting, beauty, and sentimental value is priceless! I also love how it was a family project (husband, daughter, and mother-in-law)! Thanks for sharing, Jill!

I’ve been listening to your podcast, and I just found and subscribed to your channel today! ♥️

4. moe gaffoor on April 20, 2021 at 12:23 am

The deeper the bed the higher the water requirements, in Australia with long dry weather this is not the best idea

5. Michael L on April 20, 2021 at 12:34 am

I’m curious about your wood selection. I’ve avoided any treated wood. Cedar hasn’t proved much better than untreated pine, especially considering the price. I’m rebuilding some rows now with untreated fir 2x4s, using galvanized tin lining the inside to hopefully extend the life of the wood. Nice work on all of your videos!

6. Mars-Smith Sam on April 20, 2021 at 12:35 am

After watching your video, I really want to cooperate with you. I am Marketing manager of Mars Hydro which a company specializing in LED Grow lights. Led Grow Light are designed to help plants grow quickly and increase yield.
    Want to work with you to shoot video, Please contact me, I will provide you with Light and video commission.This is my email: marshydrofactorystore@gmail.com

7. Catherine B on April 20, 2021 at 12:40 am

It looks like a photo shoot!

8. Small Seeds on April 20, 2021 at 12:41 am

Absolutely stunning garden!!! 😍

9. grknsl on April 20, 2021 at 12:45 am

Friends,
    as long as we do not interfere with nature .
    (when we cannot leave the house), I think we can be healthy if we return to nature likewise nature renews itself.
     Especially in winter, I use sage not only as a spice but also as tea.
     When I look at the history, this plant has been used in the treatment of many diseases.
     As the Virgin Mary is mentioned in mythology.

If you search the internet for ‘Benefits of sage’, you will be very surprised. I wish you all a healthy day.

10. Saturday Projects on April 20, 2021 at 12:46 am

I just enjoyed learning about your kitchen garden! This will be a must by next summer for us!

11. Bud's World on April 20, 2021 at 12:49 am

Very nice! I might steal your design and build one for my wife!!

12. Give It a Go with Dave on April 20, 2021 at 12:52 am

What species of wood did y’all use to build the raised bed?

13. Amanda Kaake on April 20, 2021 at 12:55 am

For the lavender, it needs a space of its own. Maybe add a little bit of sand in the soil as well and you should be able to grow it well as long as nothing pushes it out.

14. Greg R on April 20, 2021 at 12:56 am

sounds like medical advice.. looks like medical advice… tastes like *GACK* ..

😉 j/k

15. Victoria C on April 20, 2021 at 12:58 am

Looks like Salvia to me, not Stevia, but I am not an expert by any means. Absolutely gorgeous raised bed garden. 🥰

16. 1fanger on April 20, 2021 at 1:09 am