Summer Shade Garden Tour // Gardening with Creekside

It is summer and the shade garden is absolutely glorious! So much growth has happened since the Spring garden tour, and I can’t wait to show you the difference. This shade garden runs the length of our house and our driveway, and we can see it from our two kitchen windows. And what a beautiful sight it is! Come walk with me in the garden.

Spring Shade Garden Tour

Window Boxes

Window Boxes Purchased From

Let’s Stay Connected

Website https://www.gardeningwithcreekside.com/
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/CreeksideNurseryInc
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/creeksidenursery/
Email jenny@gardeningwithcreekside.com

Mailing Address
181 Pine Hollow Dr
Dallas, NC, 28034

1. Mark Vasiloff on April 20, 2021 at 11:44 pm

Lowe’s. Japanese beetle kit. Cinnamon oil disk. Natural. The beetles orgy themselves to death. Please. No hate. 🥴

2. samantha irish on April 20, 2021 at 11:47 pm

sevin will also kill earthworms

3. sunny Raj on April 20, 2021 at 11:49 pm

Nice video

4. Oralia Espinosa on April 20, 2021 at 11:50 pm

love all the female named plants lo

5. Michelle Carver on April 20, 2021 at 11:50 pm

I have to spray Neem on my ferns almost weekly. Cincinnati zone 6a lots of humidity!!

6. Silli Lilli on April 20, 2021 at 11:51 pm

I use Diatomaceous Earth (Food Grade) in my garden, a light dusting over your plants (floral, fern, leafy, vegetable gardens, etc), as needed, will get rid of any un-welcomed pests/bugs. It is all natural, and, when the pest/bug comes into contact with the powder, it dries them up. Be very careful not to breathe this dust into your lungs, so wear a mask when using. For those of you who may have ant/bed bugs/cockroaches/termite problem in or around the home, this product can be used safely, it will not affect children or pets. I inherited bed bugs when we purchased a used home (old farmhouse) on our acreage, I had never seen one before, they like to hide in the baseboard and electrical outlets and come out to feed on you every two weeks or so. I used the DE at the base of the baseboards, on the carpet, etc. I also used it on the seams of the mattress. Problem solved naturally and quickly, let sit for a few weeks to a month, then vacuum up the powder. Repeat if necessary. Be sure to purchase (inexpensive) FOOD GRADE DE, not the type that is used in your pool filter. I hope this tip helps those that need it.
    P.S. Here’s a link that will give you some information on DE.

7. Alexandra Schmitt on April 20, 2021 at 11:51 pm

Bonide has a Japanese beetle spray that worked great for me last year.

8. Marian Russom on April 20, 2021 at 11:56 pm

Just beautiful and relaxing!!!!! Thanks so much!!! Hope you can have a calm nice day to ponder!!!

9. Marc Pando on April 20, 2021 at 11:56 pm

Plant 4 o’clocks mirabilis jalapa…super easy by seed they grow bushy and have strong roots that develop into an underground tuber….Japanese beetles cant resist their leaves…as soon as they start eating they die from the "poison"…these plants ARE NOT TOXIC TO PEOPLE OR PETS….you’ll get rid of about 90% the first year…and by the second year they will be eradicated….the flowers are super pollinator friendly…their bloom season is very long….you’ll be astounded by how effective this annual is….oh and they reseed so easily. Plant them throughout and between all your plants most affected.

10. Nicole Chew on April 20, 2021 at 11:57 pm

I love shade videos! I have so much shade, and I love my hostas but so do the slugs lol! Always looking for new things to plant. I’m afraid to stick a hydrangea in full shade because I’ve had a couple varieties that just don’t bloom when I do that. Are the let’s Dance series good performers in full shade? I’m in zone 8a southeast VA. Thanks!!

11. Iraida Manda on April 20, 2021 at 11:59 pm

Everything looks amazing. I didn’t realize this was last year’s garden. Look forward to this year’s video. Happy gardening 🌸🌸

12. Aprill Davis on April 21, 2021 at 12:01 am

That Garden is Simply Beautiful!!

13. Silver Tea Cakes on April 21, 2021 at 12:02 am

The large hydrangea with the white and blue flowers you were speaking of looks like the Fuji Waterfall hydrangea. I have two in my yard and they are spectacular! You have a beautiful shade garden. I live in the Sandhills, so I know what you mean about the weather.💧💦⚡️🌬🌪🌈

14. Jackie on April 21, 2021 at 12:02 am

Can you tell me if the Lady in Red ferns are aggressive plants? Do they try to take over the garden or stay contained to their own area? Beautiful garden!

15. Heidi Hendricks on April 21, 2021 at 12:02 am

I have been using Milky Spore for Japanese Beetles for the last 3 years. I found 3 beetles this year. YES, three! It does work and it is organic.

16. Sandra Mullen on April 21, 2021 at 12:04 am

Beautiful garden plants , and home reminds me of my brothers in Salisbury NC

17. Annie Kammerer on April 21, 2021 at 12:05 am

I find the traps to be very effective against Japanese beetles for me in Virginia. It’s called "RESCUE! Japanese & Oriental Beetle Trap". I also found an essential oil blend (Donaldson Farms Japanese Beetle Trap Attractant) to refresh the attractant.

18. Albert Parisi on April 21, 2021 at 12:07 am

I like how clean and spacious that flower is. You can see each plant nicely, but they have grown in nicely to mak

19. S F on April 21, 2021 at 12:10 am

Very low audio.

20. Irina Sturman on April 21, 2021 at 12:10 am

That black powder might be fern’s spores, they reproduce this way (by having spores on leaves)

21. Yes, it’s Sweetmama S. on April 21, 2021 at 12:11 am

Great video of your beautiful shade garden! I especially liked the ending. 😂

22. Donna Freeman on April 21, 2021 at 12:12 am

Is Grannie a double side viburnum not hydrangea? Bring sample to nursery.

23. lacey meyers on April 21, 2021 at 12:12 am

I love this space and how every individual plant shines. 🥰 I’m curious… how will you prune Franny’s Hydrangea moving forward?

24. Harriett Pavon-Rosado on April 21, 2021 at 12:12 am

Download the "picturethis" app. for plant identification. I like it. Flowers are beautiful.

25. Penny on April 21, 2021 at 12:13 am

Beautiful side bed

26. ميسر الشويلي on April 21, 2021 at 12:14 am

vre good thes girdaing🌹🌹🌹

27. Sonya Sanders on April 21, 2021 at 12:14 am

Some furns seed on top?

28. Kirsty Lynn on April 21, 2021 at 12:15 am

I live in AL and my house looks SO similar to yours! I’m so scared to plant anything because of snakes. Any recommendations on that?

29. Cockatiel Nation on April 21, 2021 at 12:16 am

"Bless you heart"!! Here in Tennessee we know what THAT means! 🤭🤭🤭

30. Bonsai & Home gardening on April 21, 2021 at 12:17 am

nice flowers

31. Shiryn Baldaccini on April 21, 2021 at 12:18 am

Thanks for sharing with us this video! Your garden is gorgeous! I love the color of your house. Would you mind sharing paint color?

32. LifeWith CeeCee on April 21, 2021 at 12:21 am

Lol bless ur heart

33. PLANTS WORLD on April 21, 2021 at 12:21 am

Super garden

34. Dally Williams on April 21, 2021 at 12:24 am

Thank you for this video 😀 I now have some ideas.

35. geomauldin on April 21, 2021 at 12:24 am

The spots on your ferns could be its reproduction spores.

36. Angel Friend on April 21, 2021 at 12:25 am

Bonide Japanese Beetle killer spray. I believe it is organic

37. a W on April 21, 2021 at 12:25 am

Having to spray insecticide to kill one beetle is over the top. Just snip the end of the plant tip where the beetle is and drown it. Let the ants take it away but don’t even bother with the soap either. Part of the fun of gardening is to see all of the natural things in their real habitat and to work with it. We should all do our part.

38. Ericca on April 21, 2021 at 12:25 am

Did you solve the fern problem? To me it looks like last year’s leaves are dying. This is what happens to my Sword Ferns and is totally normal. You can cut them out or leave them alone to add fullness.

39. Denna Johnson on April 21, 2021 at 12:26 am

Gorgeous! You are blessed!

40. Deborah Monroe on April 21, 2021 at 12:30 am

Jenny, I live about 1 hour away from you. SImilar soil. How do you keep deer out of your hostas, and other plants? I love your mixture of colors, textures, and size plants.

41. Donna Freeman on April 21, 2021 at 12:30 am

Other chanel is Garden Answer and Garden Style…awesome alternatives.

42. Dally Williams on April 21, 2021 at 12:31 am

Very beautiful shady bed😀

43. Fannie Allen on April 21, 2021 at 12:32 am

Very beautiful ❤️

44. explain CauseIdontGetIT on April 21, 2021 at 12:33 am

We have Japanese beetles and my organic control is my chickens. They run through my flower beds for about 15 minutes and they absolutely decimate them. I’ve had trouble for years with them. This year we have chickens and they did the trick.

45. Aimhii on April 21, 2021 at 12:33 am

You are the Flower .. lol

46. Belinds Stanley on April 21, 2021 at 12:35 am

Hi, your garden looks fabulous!! U said that the area with the ferns gets lots of sun? If u water overhead on the leaves of the ferns, it could be that the leaves may be getting sun scorched?? A possibility especially if the sun is the hotter late afternoon sun. Ferns can handle the morning, not so hot sun.

47. Drase Lee on April 21, 2021 at 12:36 am

Try Bag-A-Bug Beetle Traps. Just hang them and let them do their thing. Works like a charm!

48. Jean E on April 21, 2021 at 12:40 am

Everything is so gorgeous and I did subscribe😊❤️😊

49. Cathy on April 21, 2021 at 12:41 am

Good Morning. I am in process of planting some perennials in SW PA. One of the perennials is the Sun King. Did the Japanese Beetles eat on your Sun King? Where I put it depends on that answer. Here the beetles don’t go into deep shade, but they love my semi shade garden.
    Love all your videos, your gardens are beautiful.

50. Joanna Jones on April 21, 2021 at 12:41 am

Could you please share the color of the exterior of your home? It is beautiful!