What to Plant in February if you live in Zones 7 and 8

What to Plant in February if you live in Zones 7 and 8

This video is the second in a series of videos I’m filming about what to plant in February for your backyard garden. This video focuses on those of you that live in Zones 7 and 8. Learn what seedlings you can plant indoors in February so that they can be ready to plant out in your garden in 6 to 8 weeks. I also cover what vegetables can be planted directly in your garden in February.

Don’t know what garden Zone you live in? Check out this article on our website to find out: https://ourstoneyacres.com/what-is-my-garden-zone

Do you live in Zone 3 or 4? Watch your video here:

Do you live in Zone 5 or 6? Watch your video here:

Do you live in Zone 9 or 10? Watch your video here:

Learn more about what to plant in Zones 7 & 8 in February by reading this article:https://ourstoneyacres.com/what-to-plant-in-february-zones-7-and-8

Join our Seed Starting Course here: https://onlinegardeningschool.com/p/seed-starting-simplified/?affcode=70931_tkupmiev

Or Join our FREE Seed Starting Mini-course here: https://onlinegardeningschool.com/p/seed-starting-basics/?affcode=70931_tkupmiev

Would you like more of Our Stoney Acres?
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ourstoneyacres/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OurStoneyAcres/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/stoneyacres/

More Great Gardening Tips on our website: https://ourstoneyacres.com/

1. BrainStormAcres on April 22, 2021 at 11:48 pm

Rick, we’re in zone 7b with a last frost date of May 15th. We live in the high desert of Northern Arizona, and the last frost date is critical for us. We think that paying attention to the “a” and “b” part of the zone designation is super critical, especially for beginners!

2. Tina Trimble on April 22, 2021 at 11:50 pm

Absolutely love this series!

3. Connie Davidson on April 22, 2021 at 11:54 pm

I’m in zone 7b and overwintered most of the plants you are saying to plant indoors. They have been snowed on, 20 degree nights, etc. Onions, cabbage, kale, spinach, garlic, parsley, carrots, broccoli, lettuce all overwinter here fine.

4. ourstoneyacres on April 22, 2021 at 11:56 pm

I hope you enjoy this month’s Planting guide for Zones 7 and 8. If these aren’t your gardening zone never fear I have made videos for each zone this month. The other videos are in the description and should be live by 9:45!! Happy Gardening!

5. Young Tone on April 22, 2021 at 11:58 pm

Great specific information

6. I am His on April 22, 2021 at 11:59 pm

I’m in zone 7. A local nursery owner always told me not to put tomatoes out until Mother’s Day. So far that has been good advice!

7. Kate Harrison on April 23, 2021 at 12:02 am

Instead of indoors can we plant in a greenhouse?

8. Sandra Hamilton on April 23, 2021 at 12:03 am

This was great! Thank you from zone 7!

9. Jules-Marc Davis on April 23, 2021 at 12:07 am

Spring fever planting time 🌴🌿☘️🌼💮🌺🌷🤪😂🌺💮🌼👍🏼

10. Angela's Busy Bees Garden and Homestead on April 23, 2021 at 12:09 am

This is really great information. Thanks for sharing.

11. Bryan on April 23, 2021 at 12:17 am

Excellent information! This is possibly the most concise and accurate yet thorough enough information on youtube about when to do what and why.

12. harry craft on April 23, 2021 at 12:22 am

I live in zone 7 nd our last frost date is may 15 nd I hav seen it frost in may 29,think u dropped the ball on that one bud

13. KLo GroSowFlow on April 23, 2021 at 12:24 am

Zone 7 here! Great video! 👍🏽

14. Geri Reski on April 23, 2021 at 12:27 am

Heated greenhouse? Probably start now? (February 5th)….am already growing peas, radish, lettuce, broccoli, celery, carrots, green onions

15. Gilda Smith on April 23, 2021 at 12:28 am

16. Love always Jasmine on April 23, 2021 at 12:32 am

When can I plant nasturtiums in zone 7

17. I Can Grow in That on April 23, 2021 at 12:34 am

Loving this! I’m so ready for winter to be over!
    I’ll be growing a bunch of neat and unique tomatoes and a dwarf corn… I recently started some cold tolerant cut flowers indoors. Like flowering kale, carnations, larkspur.

18. Srinath Seshadri on April 23, 2021 at 12:35 am

I’m near Columbia SC, Zone 8. I had a batch of broccoli sprouts that got moldy about 14th Feb, so I buried them in an outside pot, thinking its a total loss. But now I have 100+ thriving 1" long broccoli shoots. All in a 12" dia pot. How do I get 100 of these in the ground and when would be the best time to do it.

19. Marian Hayward on April 23, 2021 at 12:35 am

Funny how on your zone map there is nothing above the 49th parallel. Just…nothing. Wakey, wakey – there is a whole other country of gardeners that might have been interested in what you have to say. Surely you could have used a map of ALL North America for the planting zones.

20. Susan Backus on April 23, 2021 at 12:39 am

I really enjoy these types of videos! Having you do these keeps me from having to google this information. I am sure it helps other gardeners also. Thank you so much! I will continue to watch for updates through the months!

21. Chris P on April 23, 2021 at 12:40 am

I’m so confused. I’m zone 7, so time for cold weather crops to get started, BUT tomatoes and peppers are not cold weather.. can someone please help?

22. Alyssa Napoleon on April 23, 2021 at 12:44 am

Yay! Thank you for this guide! Last year was my first year gardening and I’m antsy to start again this year. I had no idea I could start so early! I hope to go get seeds and some seedling mix today.

23. Brian Green on April 23, 2021 at 12:47 am

I’ve got big plans for this growing season! Last year was my first year growing multiple plants. Cant wait to get started👍