Easy to Grow Herbs | Garden to Kitchen: Garden Home VLOG (2019) 4K

In this VLOG, Garden Home host P. Allen Smith gives a Masterclass on easy to grow herbs. Everything from growing and cooking tips to decorating the Allen has you covered in this episode.

Topics Include:
Uses for Rosemary
Types of Basil
Growing Herbs in Containers
Raised Bed Herb Gardening
Tips for Lavender
Rooting Mint
Essential Oils
Allium Varieties
The Many Flavors of Herbs
Mixing Herbs & Flowers

โ€œIf you are thinking about growing some of your own food for the first time, I encourage you to start with herbs. The plants are the perfect combination of beauty and function so you can plant herbs anywhere in the garden. Mix them with flowers, grow them along paths, by the kitchen door, or plant them in containers both indoors or out. They are also extremely easy to grow. All most herbs really need are average soil, good drainage, consistent moisture and sunlight.โ€
~P. Allen Smith

—–
Would you like to explore the gardens at Moss Mountain Farm and have a chance to be a part of the live studio audience?
Go to: https://pallensmith.com/tours/

This video replay of P. Allen Smith’s podcast is made possible by P. Allen Smith & Associates. Need help designing, planting, or maintaining your garden? Let P. Allen Smith & Associates make your dreams come true! Learn more: http://www.pallensmithandassociates.com/

For a full list of sponsors please visit my website:

Brands We Love

The podcast can be found here:
Apple – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/garden-home/id1456182776
SoundCloud – https://soundcloud.com/garden-home

Want more Allen?
Allen’s Official Website: http://www.pallensmith.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pallensmith
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pallensmith/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/pallen_smith/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/pallensmith

1. Shasta Daisy on April 24, 2021 at 12:22 am

Thank you for sharing! I learned a lot from this video that I will use in my garden ๐ŸŒฟ
    I love how he said, it takes time to root Thyme๐Ÿ˜„
    I love this kitchen design so bright and welcoming ๐ŸŒฟ

2. Girlbornagain on April 24, 2021 at 12:23 am

have you ever grown callisia fragrans?

3. Tennessee Nana on April 24, 2021 at 12:23 am

I have heard that mixing crushed egg shells in the soil with the lavender plant will give it the calcium it needs. Also – which herbs deter aphids on roses? I bought a knock out rose that you recommended and want a companion herb to go with it. Thank you!

4. Mai on April 24, 2021 at 12:24 am

Great information as always. I can’t say enough how I love the contents on your channel. Every time I see you upload a new video I think I would be the first one to watch. Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿค—

5. Patricia Bettis on April 24, 2021 at 12:27 am

thank you for all the information! we are going to put in an herb garden next year.

6. Raj Patel on April 24, 2021 at 12:28 am

Which type of potting mix is good for hibiscus? And indoor plants?

7. Velo Pro on April 24, 2021 at 12:30 am

Informative Video. I’m a Yankee in Spain. Not to be confused with a Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court. We have the best growing seasons of Europe but very few people actually garden. Mostly it’s because they live in apartments but I have a couple planter tomatoes that are doing great. If I can’t eat it I don’t want to grow it!

8. The Athenaeum on April 24, 2021 at 12:32 am

All of the Mediterranean herbs I’m attempting to grow (at 7000ft.) can’t handle full sun and all of them require almost daily watering. Rosemary is stunted, parsley will burn without a lot of shade. My herbs are in containers, I talk to them daily (mostly begging them not to die); I have followed all of the directions for soil prep. Like my mother before me, I’ve always been able to grow beautiful gardens – until now ๐Ÿ™

9. Arthur M. on April 24, 2021 at 12:35 am

Thanks Allen, just gonna wait for this heat high to move out of here so I can start my herb garden and fall vegetables. Hope you’re doing well!

10. Erika Bek on April 24, 2021 at 12:37 am

I love love the information! Thank You!!!

11. Intentionally Kimberly on April 24, 2021 at 12:40 am

Love this video did you ever do one about making essential oils?

12. pam ketron on April 24, 2021 at 12:40 am

Great info. Love the idea of using cinder blocks for a raised bed.

13. Ms Lavondra on April 24, 2021 at 12:44 am

So much substance in this video!

14. Pokey on April 24, 2021 at 12:44 am

Awesome information!! Thank you so much. I am going outside to pick some stems to root and grow more herbs!

15. ann davis on April 24, 2021 at 12:44 am

thank youย  so much great informationย  and nowย  I have an herb garden to plan for next yearย ย ย  you are so good at focus and explaining and giving information

16. Garden Obsessions on April 24, 2021 at 12:46 am

Great information as always! We recently moved to a new home and have a smaller area to work with. The herbs in containers are such a great idea. Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

17. Rainy Days on April 24, 2021 at 12:49 am

We grow our herbs in a wine barrel and have several pots around the bbq area. My husband has them as accents in his garden railway. Looks great. Thanks for your information and we enjoy your videos.

18. Chrystal Sabin on April 24, 2021 at 12:50 am

Very good and informative, I do have a hard time hearing you when you whisper.

19. Home Cents With Nell on April 24, 2021 at 12:51 am

I love the idea of making a wreath out of rosemary. Great video full of useful information. Thank you!

20. Jackie Horsley on April 24, 2021 at 12:51 am

I love herbs there one of my favorite plants to grow in the garden

21. Nicholas Singh on April 24, 2021 at 12:52 am

There is so much to learn about herbs so thanks for sharing your knowledge.I planted my lavender in a clay block and it is already starting to bloom.๐Ÿ‘

22. umair murtaza on April 24, 2021 at 12:53 am

Hello from Pakistan
    I’m regular viewer of your show
    Sir I have rose spot this year everywhere ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ขplease help. I live in a colder zone

23. Loraine Leuschke on April 24, 2021 at 12:53 am

I look forward to growing a better herb garden this coming season, thank you!

24. jolyndaj on April 24, 2021 at 12:54 am

Hello Mr. Smith…๐Ÿ˜Œ
    I love the herb garden. Thank you for the information. I don’t understand why my Rosemary never blooms.

25. Kathy Miles Design on April 24, 2021 at 12:54 am

Excellent episode. Thorough explanation of herbs was provided including how to use. Love this!

26. Dawn Surya on April 24, 2021 at 12:54 am

Is the picture at 16:11 correct? It does not look like my lemon balm (more like pineapple sage) ?

27. Rose Paetzke on April 24, 2021 at 1:00 am

Allen, You are an unending wealth of information and inspiration โฃ do you use an organic fertilizer on your herbs ? If you do could I ask the name of it? Thank you ๐Ÿ’

28. Tom Sparks on April 24, 2021 at 1:00 am

Love you and love the new vids. I live in PA and we travel to NJ shore in summers. This reminded me of this gargantuan Rosemary BUSH that grows near an old church in Cape May. The coastal environment is surprising. I lived there for a year and was amazed that Roses bloomed well into December.

29. Deanna Christian on April 24, 2021 at 1:03 am

Lemon verbena in a pot by the kitchen is a wonderful herb for tossing sprigs in a pitcher of water with lemon slices. Makes a refreshing summer drink. In fact, I bring it in and enjoy the lemony water all year.

30. Nan Russell on April 24, 2021 at 1:03 am

I am probably one of the few people who doesn’t like rosemary. It tastes like a pine tree which I do not find pleasant. Is there a variety that is milder in flavor? Love watching you vlog and other videos.

31. Frank Briley on April 24, 2021 at 1:04 am

Hey buddy so appreciate your blog.

32. Tom Sparks on April 24, 2021 at 1:05 am

Also, wanted to comment that Cilantro is so frustrating. Even "no bolt" seeds, do bolt. It’s just never available when I need it, and I so love using it in cooking in many dishes. And, yes, I’ve had jars and jars of coriander seed, but getting those green leaves is a challenge.

33. Patricia Lukens on April 24, 2021 at 1:06 am

I am passionate about gardening & decorating. I cannot get enough of your show. Thanks for all the very interesting & helpful videos.

34. Margie Lee on April 24, 2021 at 1:07 am

Thanks so much for all the fantastic information. You’ve answered just about every question I’ve had while growing my herbal container garden.

35. Bobbe Duran on April 24, 2021 at 1:11 am

Love herbs and I hope to grow more .

36. Matthew Cooper on April 24, 2021 at 1:12 am

I love growing ginger and turmeric, both very easy to grow and the foliage can be used for flavoring dishes. Iโ€™ve also found celery (is it considered an herb?) to be very rewarding to grow! Ive started several plants from grocery store bundles of celery by removing all of the outer stalks and leaving only a few of the smallest new growth in the center, place in a shallow dish of water so that the basal plate of the plant is only partially submerged, change the water regularly and roots appear within a month! Plant in a rich soil, keep it well watered, and use an organic fertilizer regularly once itโ€™s established. It can be harvested with the โ€œcut and come againโ€ method by removing only the oldest stalks.

37. Neldidellavittoria on April 24, 2021 at 1:12 am

Excellent video, as usual. And another great lemony one is the lemon verbena. Makes a lovely tea.

38. Neldidellavittoria on April 24, 2021 at 1:13 am

If I may be so bold, I’d love it if you could make a video on lilacs. I’m planning to plant a few lilac trees in my garden next year, and I’d really appreciate it if you could give some advice regarding the best time of the year to plant them, as well as the best kind of soil and proper care and maintenance, pruning, feeding, etc.

39. Kay Wallace on April 24, 2021 at 1:14 am

Video is very interesting and informative.

40. GG who on April 24, 2021 at 1:14 am

As always very informative.You always have the best information Thank you.

41. Marian Gareth on April 24, 2021 at 1:16 am

Good Day to you all,

I am here to testify of the goodness of Dr Sweet Spirit for helping me with a Wonderful Herbs that was able to make me bear Children and also Curing my Diseases, I actually had Cancer of the Breast before i was introduced to him just to give a trial, To my Greatest Surprise, I received some Herbal Medications from him and i took them according to instructions from him and i recovered from the Cancer and a lot of Changes took place in my Life, So if you must get healed from any Problems in Life, Then i will advise you to contact him on the below email Address or Whatsapp Phone number.

Email Address: drsweetspirit@gmail.com
    Whatsapp Phone number: +1 (919) 238 6797

42. mary w on April 24, 2021 at 1:17 am

Flavored water is the reason I grow herbs. Every day – drinking water has become delicious and nutritious. Love the tip about growing lavender in cement blocks! Great around my compost heap.

43. Barb Poage on April 24, 2021 at 1:17 am

Thank you for a wonderful 101 tutorial on many of the herbs. Very well done! It is always helpful to hear of different ways to use your herbs. Even if I don’t always use my herbs in cooking, I just love going out and handling them for the aromas!

44. Philip Jane on April 24, 2021 at 1:17 am

It’s a miracle that I am alive today. I encountered HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV1 / 2) for four (4) years, six (6) months and twelve (12) days with my calculations, before I met the great Dr abumere. I am from los angeles California, united state of America and I was affected with herpes virus. Herpes is a viral infection caused by the Herpes simplex virus, marked by painful, watery blisters in the skin or mucous membrane or on the genitals. This was what I suffered for four years. I have visited CVS Pharmacy in CA for treatment but no improvement. I met Dr abumere online while I was searching for a herpes cure. I read a testimony about his work. I give a try that now becomes a testimony in my life. I contacted Dr abumere WhatsApp +2349021975055 or E-mail: doctorabumere6@gmail.com

45. Fritz Simps on April 24, 2021 at 1:20 am