My Top 3 Plants To Grow When Indoor Gardening

When gardening indoors I am always asked what plants are the best and which ones I choose to grow and why. In this episode I will cover my favorite 3 and why they are my number 1 choice when growing food indoors.
Send mail to:
PO box 131
Marysville, MI 48040

450+ varieties of Heirloom & Non-GMO Vegetable seeds .99/pack, fertilizer, garden tools, blog & More: http://www.MIgardener.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MIgardener
Instagram: http://instagram.com/MIgardener
G+: http://plus.google.com/+MIgardener
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/MIgardenerYT/ Twitter: http://twitter.com/MI_gardener
Tumblr: http://tumblr.com/MIgardener Check out our new clothing line! http:www.freshpickedapparel.com

1. The Clips on April 24, 2021 at 12:26 am

if you grow cannabis it will EASILY pay for itself in multiples

2. Janet Pirkle on April 24, 2021 at 12:28 am

Did you do a video of building your grow box ? I’d love to see how you worked out the drainage system or do you have rocks in the bottom of it , and how do you water inside of a wooden box ?

3. Tim the Professør on April 24, 2021 at 12:29 am

I’ve been enjoying growing pineapple tomatillos indoors this winter. Yum.

4. Suzyq Akers on April 24, 2021 at 12:29 am

Hi I am in Manistique and the plants that interested in growing certain veggies that are difficult to purchase up here and extremely expensive. For instance. Napa cabbage. 1.79 a pound and one head can weigh 4 pounds. Please be an expert for me. If you can do it indoor all the better. Last year I attempted 2x and if it wasn’t eaten up by those pesky gr larvae then they bolted. I currently am starting 2 kinds indoor for under my new lumens and kelvins

5. Making A DIfference Because You Matter on April 24, 2021 at 12:29 am

I am a necessity gardener!🎊 It’s so exciting to walk into the kitchen and see them grow from seeds and know I’m feeding my loved ones healthy & fortified food. God is so amazing!!! I’m growing most of the veggies/pulse indoors (romaine and red oak leaf lettuce, spinach, tomato, sugar daddy snap peas, cilantro, basil). I’m growing carrots, beets, mustard and dinosaur kale greens outdoors.

6. Paper Tiger on April 24, 2021 at 12:30 am

is this a vlog of your personal life? 5 minutes in and you have said nothing of value… stop wasting everyone’s time.

7. Paula León on April 24, 2021 at 12:30 am

are u a piscis ?

8. NcScbeach1 on April 24, 2021 at 12:33 am

When you say that beans, are you talking about green beans or black beans, pinto beans ect? Also do you have a break down of all materials used in your garden space? Thanks for all that you share!

9. Nettie J on April 24, 2021 at 12:33 am

Never garden before but I am very interested in indoor gardening, for a couple reasons, want to really get it started. It’s mostly cold where I live

10. Lilia Kicya on April 24, 2021 at 12:34 am

Im in Africa, please for how long should I hold the sawn seeds in the fridge before bringing them out?

11. hstone39 on April 24, 2021 at 12:36 am

When you grow indoors, it grows 5x fasters.

12. DaisiesandRoses on April 24, 2021 at 12:36 am

What kind of beans? Black, green, etc?

13. It’s Xerxes on April 24, 2021 at 12:37 am

its crazy to have you confirm my experimental seedlings results

my beans have taken off like 20x more than my tomatoes in the same time with little indoor lighting

14. Thuy Yuen on April 24, 2021 at 12:38 am

The chart is helpful. Thank you.

15. Chris Johnson on April 24, 2021 at 12:40 am

Got your quadrants screwed up. Spinach and lettuce/herbs/beans are backwards. Good info though. Beans were the first thing on my mind to grow year round. I lack necessity, so I would pursue this for the "cool factor" of bringing someone fresh beans in the middle of winter and telling them I grew them. I would have questions about pollination indoors but I’m sure I can find a ScrewTube video on that subject.

16. Mihaly Lajun on April 24, 2021 at 12:40 am

wonder if he’s looking for a husband…

17. Michael Kiley on April 24, 2021 at 12:45 am

7:53

18. Mary Oliver on April 24, 2021 at 12:46 am

Very handy tips – thank you. I’m definitely a necessity gardener. 🙂

19. Charria R on April 24, 2021 at 12:47 am

I know it’s 3 years later, but this was very helpful. Times are different now from even a few years back. I consider myself a hobby gardner because I like gardening (I understand being and working with the plants being relaxing), but I working towards growing for family and expanding outwards. Thanks for your videos! Been watching for years before I was able to garden.

20. Paul Rizik on April 24, 2021 at 12:47 am

Would peanuts grow well indoors?

21. hannahreissa on April 24, 2021 at 12:55 am

The part you’re looking for is at 7:04

22. Johnny Bananas on April 24, 2021 at 12:56 am

Hi Dude, great video. Last summer I ate fresh caught pickeral and garden grown beans every day. Not only did it taste great, but I saved a ton of money and lost a ton of weight. This summer I’m growing tomatoes and plan on making a year’s supply of tomatoe sauce. I agree about the herbs and beans being best bang for your buck. I love the tomatoes, but lettuce, herbs and beans I agree are best for ease, cost and diet.

23. LIVE4 U on April 24, 2021 at 12:56 am

Happy to find a video about this. I want to grow my own food in my small apt, We don’t have a good outside area with sun. So your info was very helpful. Your awesome!

24. Joanne Cordone on April 24, 2021 at 12:56 am

I have been growing my lettuce in rectangle pots for years. I have three pots I keep on rotation. Every week I plant 1/2 a pot. I harvest baby greens. After two or three cut and come again sessions, I pull out the plants and start a new planting rotation. The pots and seeds have paid for themselves enough to save money to buy better lights. I just have never gotten good greens from the outdoor garden.
    I might try beans after watching this video.
    I grow my herbs and dry every year, so unless i run low, I do not need to grow indoors.
    Thank you. I like your videos. They inspire me to keep learning.

25. C. A. on April 24, 2021 at 12:57 am

Thank you for the chart. It sure is good and valuable.

26. Victoria Allen on April 24, 2021 at 12:57 am

I love the tray. It is super cool

27. Diana Spy on April 24, 2021 at 12:58 am

Watch for chem trails. They are blocking the sun.

28. Paige Green on April 24, 2021 at 1:01 am

You are so Gemini hahaha this was clear and brilliant, I’m subscribing

29. Kate D on April 24, 2021 at 1:03 am

Earth cherries!! I made a little garden in the basement with led lights and the earth cherries are absolutely THRIVING in their pots! More so than when they were in my backyard! 🙂

30. Nikki Ferraz on April 24, 2021 at 1:03 am

I like your basement garden bed 👍

31. yankee way farms on April 24, 2021 at 1:04 am

During the super short days of winter I feel like I’m in hibernation mode.

32. Bevon Viechweg on April 24, 2021 at 1:04 am

I am just starting to put them in my pots

33. April Stutzman on April 24, 2021 at 1:04 am

Very helpful. Thanks.

34. bandar O on April 24, 2021 at 1:05 am

Annoying as f

35. Lucypetuniaggm on April 24, 2021 at 1:06 am

I’m starting to grow veggies in my basement as a hedge against the possibility (likelihood?) of another supply chain interruption. I’m limited to plant based foods (kidney problems), & not having access to copious amounts of lettuce, Spinach, etc. would be a big problem for me. The world has gone MAD!!

36. jose soares on April 24, 2021 at 1:06 am

He talks a lot, Jesus man!! The video was about plants and I know how it feels outside hahaha!

37. God Sees on April 24, 2021 at 1:07 am

I love Herbs I want a medical herb garden ❤️

38. Its a Beautiful Day on April 24, 2021 at 1:07 am

Love this. In the current world situation and food shortage, people need to learn to grow indoors cause your food will be stolen out of your gardens

39. Truth Seeker on April 24, 2021 at 1:08 am

This was great to start. I’ll be doing this in my basement/office as well this winter.

40. Daniela Borba de Oliveira on April 24, 2021 at 1:10 am

I am an attic/indoor gardener, mixing entertainment and necessity while doing so. I’ve built ceiling window frames and adapted my attic to grow 💚

41. Kisha Miles on April 24, 2021 at 1:11 am

Can you do or have you done a longer (more exhaustive) list using your chart for beginner indoor growers?

42. Making A DIfference Because You Matter on April 24, 2021 at 1:11 am

Help! Unfortunately, I killed the zucchini and squash while treating them from aphids 🥺. Can I reuse the same dirt in my 20 gallon fabric containers or do I need to ditch it and start again?

43. Chris Sharp on April 24, 2021 at 1:12 am

I’ve been watching you for a while as I attempted hydroponic growing…just curious do you like traditional farming better. I’m limited with mobility (amputation) but I was considering an indoor garden. Recommendations?

44. NOXISUM on April 24, 2021 at 1:19 am

Growing your own food indoors sounds like a good idea right about now

Especially during this pandemic

45. riboflavinz on April 24, 2021 at 1:21 am

Which varieties of lettuce for salads do you recommend for growing indoors?

46. carol paventi on April 24, 2021 at 1:21 am

👏❤

47. Daniel Loeb on April 24, 2021 at 1:22 am

That graph makes no sense. Low productivity is the left side or the right side? You can’t seem to make up your mind.

48. murray lynn on April 24, 2021 at 1:22 am

To much wind not enough dirt

49. Bevon Viechweg on April 24, 2021 at 1:23 am

I am confused as to what to start with seeds indoor and out in February. I lived in Brooklyn

50. Just Ryan on April 24, 2021 at 1:23 am