How a Green Witch Profiles Herbs || My Materia Medica Entries

As many of you know I am a green witch and aspiring herbalist and so over my years of study there has always been one video I’ve wished to see – one like this! So in this video I share with you all the seconds and areas of research I delve into each time I begin a study for a new herb. This is the basic outline I fill out in my materia medica or herbal journal and I hope you will find this video useful and perhaps you’ve even hoped for one as well.

Herbal Profile Key:

Herbal Identification:
-common name
-latin binomial
-other common names
-plant family
-botanical description
(if applicable – related species, lookalikes, and cultivars)

Medicinal Properties (if applicable):
-recomended cultivars
-parts used
-taste
-actions
-energetics
-specific indications
-medicinal preparations
-ratio and dosage information
-medicinal uses
-precautions and contradictions
(if herb is not edible or medicinal include toxicity and warnings here)

Magickal Attributes:
-gender
-planet
-element
-facility (power or association of magickal correspondence)
-magickal uses and folklore

Cultivation:
-native to…
-zones
-soil (ph and type of soil)
-propagation
-growing information and garden care
-insects and disease
-harvesting and preparations

For more info on how you can help, learn and donate to the Black Lives Matter Movement, click the Black Lives Matter Link below:

My Other Channel:

My Patreon:

Social Media:
• Instagram:
_annabel.margaret_

Music:
• all music from epidemicsound.com except for that by Teddy Chipouras
These Steady Hands – Yonder Dale

• Instagram:
• youtube:
• website:
• facebook

Equipment:

1. Archangel4679 on April 25, 2021 at 12:23 am

Can Rosary peas (aka abrus precatorius or jequirity beans) be used for anything in witchcraft? Like potions, spells, or even paint? Also this video was helpful with taking notes on herbs!

2. AINI HERBAL CHANNEL on April 25, 2021 at 12:24 am

Beautiful

3. Dobromir Uzunov on April 25, 2021 at 12:26 am

I came to the channel because I wanted inspiration for playing my own Green Witch character in a tabletop game. I find all of this pleasantly soothing and even educational <3

4. Zack Poling on April 25, 2021 at 12:27 am

You are such a blessing , I felt lost in my craft and I watch all your videos. I just started with the green witch life and your videos help me alot. Thank you. 😊 I feel more connected with the green witchcraft and it filed the hole I felt in my soul. And I look at you as a teacher and you have taught me alot of new things. And I wanted to thank you , your such a inspiration. You have a blessed and wonderful day. And never stop being amazing, and keep up with the videos looking forward to them . Blessed be sister.

5. D. Edward Meade on April 25, 2021 at 12:27 am

@17:50… Not bizarre at all. A fascinating look into your knowledge and craft. I found it very informative and interesting. The music and setting is quite soothing as is your tone when you speak. I love the look of the lighting and greenery with the earthy materials around it. You have a real classic cottage style which I enjoy very much. The information you’ve explained is wonderfully done. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to more. 🙂

6. Vincent Crnich on April 25, 2021 at 12:29 am

do you ever make salves etc in a dark room? is that necessary?

7. ALFRED HITCHCOCK on April 25, 2021 at 12:30 am

do you follow a left hand path? just curious

8. misshearttree on April 25, 2021 at 12:30 am

I love keeping a personal herb book. There’s always something new to discover. 💌 🌻🌿

9. Angel Au Lait on April 25, 2021 at 12:31 am

Is there a list of the book material / websites that you refer to? I am very interested, especially because there’s so many books that aren’t helpful on amazon. 🙂 Thank you!

10. Saurabh Chakraborty on April 25, 2021 at 12:32 am

Hey sis how’s everything going?

11. Charred Potential on April 25, 2021 at 12:33 am

Blessings to you. I’m new. Found you referred to on tik tok in a sweet roll recipe. I’ve organically landed here in my journey. I needed this 💚 thank you.

12. Brandy Collier on April 25, 2021 at 12:36 am

Thank you so much for this! Here I was thinking I was crazy because everyone makes these beautiful journals, but not organized with any rhyme or reason and I was making one to quickly look up medicinal properties as needed if I forget something. Absolutely beautiful!!!💚

13. Coastal Bush Rustique on April 25, 2021 at 12:37 am

Can’t wait for you to get back to doing more of this type of content xx

14. Arceus A on April 25, 2021 at 12:38 am

you are amazing me in your craft and i would like to thank you for all your efforts
    also could you please enlist a few of those trusty sites to check for the herbs i find, thank you in advance

15. Patrick Asti on April 25, 2021 at 12:38 am

Have you read Flower Essences and Vibrational Medicine volume 1 by Gurdas?
    Have you ever extracted monatomic gold? it gives some zip to herbal medicines! Monatomic silver and gem elixers help as well. Are you charging your water with prana from solarlunar charging?

16. Seraphina New Kubitschek on April 25, 2021 at 12:42 am

If you’re ever open to traveling to study more my teacher Kathy Keville is amazing. I’d be glade to share with you her website where you can sign up for her classes. She is the director of the American herb association. Between her and my mother I have learned a lot. I have been studying since I was 13. I will never know enough nor can I come close to the knowledge my teachers have. But I am trying my best.

17. R. Johannesen on April 25, 2021 at 12:42 am

Beautiful video 👍

18. Texas Cajun on April 25, 2021 at 12:43 am

You, my dear, have a beautiful peacefulness about you. And thank you for sharing this part of your life…🦉

19. Cara's Crystal Coven on April 25, 2021 at 12:45 am

You should release a book it would be beautiful <3

20. ilze konovalova on April 25, 2021 at 12:45 am

Can You please write here in comments – your blog channel!?? 🙏🙏😇😘
    Just God BLESS YOU… You are Wanderful!!! 💖💖💖

21. oolahulahoopandflow on April 25, 2021 at 12:47 am

Thank you. I love your videos so

22. Cat&Fish M. on April 25, 2021 at 12:48 am

Like your videos, wish while you make your oils, tinctures or teas you would tell us what your making! It looks interesting but I have no idea what your making! 🤷🏼‍♀️🤔👍🏻

23. Sarah Bivens on April 25, 2021 at 12:50 am

Hey Annie! I’m a RN and I just found you, so I’ve been binge watching your videos! I love that you acknowledge the more modern "medical" side of things. I’m getting tired of pills being our every solution for everything, so I’ve wanted to dive into herbalism. I really appreciate you. Thank you so much for this video!!

24. Julie Jegstrup on April 25, 2021 at 12:50 am

What books and websites do you use to research the medical side of the plants?

25. Sarah on April 25, 2021 at 12:50 am

Thank you for this. <3

26. Magic Life on April 25, 2021 at 12:51 am

I just started with herbalism and this video was very helpful, thank you so much for sharing! Really love your channel, it is very inspiring and calming. Have a nice day! 💚

27. AmberV Miller on April 25, 2021 at 12:51 am

Please make a book I will pay $100 for you to make one I would buy one for a hundred and fifty

28. Jen Edge on April 25, 2021 at 12:53 am

Pleeeeease publish.

29. shauna wharen on April 25, 2021 at 12:55 am

Thank you so much for this. I too needed this video. Organizing my research felt daunting, but now I feel like I have a solid plan!

30. Cassie Porter on April 25, 2021 at 12:55 am

Thanks for such a great video. Your book looks beautiful. With all of this information how to you keep it all organised in a book? or multiple books?

31. Derek Beauchamp on April 25, 2021 at 12:55 am

Thanks for sharing !

32. xsaturnsilk on April 25, 2021 at 12:56 am

Omg you’re so beautiful and cute😍☺

33. Jazz 22 Clifford on April 25, 2021 at 12:57 am

You have the most beautiful brown eyes miss

34. Hellnogizmo on April 25, 2021 at 1:00 am

I’ve just decided I want to do this for myself rather than following one single book. Thank you. 💙

35. HeartHugz on April 25, 2021 at 1:02 am

I am your new subscriber, and I need to say, I do so appreciate how thorough and attention to detail you are. It resonates so deeply with my love and reverence for medicinal herbs! You are going to be a potent and efficient healer! It seems to not be your first lifetime being a very skilled herbalist. 😊

36. Elle Potter on April 25, 2021 at 1:03 am

I love this! Thank you!!!!!

37. Amber Harmon on April 25, 2021 at 1:03 am

This is so extremely useful. Thank you for sharing! Do you plan to or have you ever shared herbal resources that you trust? I have a couple books but I’d love to expand.

38. Helena Priem on April 25, 2021 at 1:03 am

i need to to this. I keep all my notes… in my head, but memory is fragile.

39. Clement Bayart on April 25, 2021 at 1:05 am

Thank you for this video … i am discovering your channel. I can really feel your interest and passion for plants . Thank you for sharing . In this video you talk about the importance of checking / double checking/ triple checking (etc..;) informations. You talk about websites you like . Could you eventually share some links . By advance thank you .

40. erek meza on April 25, 2021 at 1:05 am

How did you make the journal your using ?

41. sumac on April 25, 2021 at 1:06 am

where did u get the book for this?

42. The Mingus Files on April 25, 2021 at 1:10 am

What are your 2 go to websites you mentioned you use?

43. Ayyitstaytay on April 25, 2021 at 1:11 am

I’m so eager to learn about herbs, crystals and just everything there is to know about witch craft and spirituality in general but I never know where to start there is just so so much to learn it’s hard to know what to do with it, what’s important and everything

44. Lillian Bozarth on April 25, 2021 at 1:11 am

This would be awesome if you could make this a book.

45. Cara's Crystal Coven on April 25, 2021 at 1:17 am

Would love to see a recommended book video to know what books/ webpages you use, i always find it fascinating to see what other witches read to add to my collection. Your videos are so aesthetically beautiful x

46. The Green Witch on April 25, 2021 at 1:17 am

Okay first I would like to get ahead of this by saying, yes, one of my drawings is missing a finger and you know that may or may not have been on purpose… who’s to know.. But you know what – not everybody has five fingers and that’s totally cool so not every drawing needs five fingers either man. Oh well, anyways, I hope you all enjoy the video!

47. Lauren Kelley on April 25, 2021 at 1:18 am

I would buy this book! Please please consider selling it! I truly do not have the time (RN working a lot of overtime right now) to compile this myself. I’d even buy take photo copies. Thank you for all your hard work either way! 🖤

48. Arjan h. on April 25, 2021 at 1:20 am

This was so informative. I’ve recently started herbalism in a more professional setting in a very old local apothecary. Advising people what to take and what not, selling supplements and herbal medicine.
    I also grow a lot of indoor plants which I keep for ornamental reasons, but I’ve been dealing with pests. Keeping plants indoors really made me understand what aspects are important and what certain plants need. If you want to grow plants for consumption, it’s best to use natural pesticides. Indoors I use neemoil but in the garden I love using Nettle water. In Europe we have sting nettles, which you can let rot in a bucket of water. This solution is perfect to ward off any insects. Whereas a hydroperoxide and neemoil are great as an antifungal solution.
    I recently found your channel and I really adore your videos and your style.

49. Evelyn Zinn on April 25, 2021 at 1:20 am

Yeah, I’d say your video here is one of the first times I’ve seen this topic done *well* on YT. I like how you broke everything down.

50. Aubrey Means on April 25, 2021 at 1:20 am