Ron Finley Teaches Gardening | Official Trailer | MasterClass

Ron Finley, the community activist and self-proclaimed “Gangster Gardener” from South Central L.A., shares his self-taught techniques for finding your inner green thumb and experiencing the power of growing your own food in his new MasterClass on gardening. Learn how to turn everyday items into planters, keep houseplants alive and thriving, and grow a healthy, sustainable bounty no matter where you live.

Learn more about Ron Finley’s MasterClass at https://mstr.cl/3cyhgpI

Ron Finley sparked a movement with one simple but determined decision: He turned a dried-up strip of land on a curbside in L.A. into a vegetable garden. He didn’t realize then that it would lead to a warrant for his arrest, but he fought back, helped get laws changed, and inspired others to see the transformational value of gardening and its power to change communities. Now the artist, designer, and avid gardener is teaching you how to change the world, one green space at a time, starting with your own home. Learn how to plant, grow, and maintain a thriving garden no matter where you live.

In this online class, you’ll learn about:
• Creating a garden in any home
• How to grow your own food
• Ideas for building community through gardening
• When to plant
• Growing herbs, greens, legumes, and sweet potatoes
• Creating planters with common household items
• Composting and improving soil
• Keeping houseplants alive and thriving
• Propagating your own plants
• Gardening as activism and a source of creativity

More from MasterClass:
• Alice Waters Teaches the Art of Home Cooking: https://www.masterclass.com/aw
• Gabriela Cámara Teaches Mexican Cooking: https://www.masterclass.com/gc
• Thomas Keller Teaches Cooking Techniques I: https://www.masterclass.com/tk

About MasterClass:
MasterClass makes it possible for anyone to learn from the best. Get inspired with classes from 80+ world-renowned instructors on cooking, photography, writing, performance, and much more. Watch video lessons anytime, anywhere on mobile, desktop, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and now Roku devices.

• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/masterclassofficial
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/masterclass
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/masterclass

#MasterClass #RonFinley #gardening

1. Brisasana’s Yoga on April 26, 2021 at 11:57 pm

Much needed word…. I’m a new plant parent

2. cyndi egold on April 27, 2021 at 12:00 am

I plant everything in containers, garden boxes, etc., and Tower Gardens – we haven’t grown in quite sometime because our yard has a plethora of wildlife — squirrels, rats, bunnies and they get into everything. What do you do about that? I miss my garden so much. I love your style!!!

3. Gwendolyn Hewitt on April 27, 2021 at 12:01 am

What is his contact office number does anybody know I need to grow some things!!!

4. klouchy on April 27, 2021 at 12:02 am

Next on masterclass:Barak Obama teaches you how to be president

5. Kristi O on April 27, 2021 at 12:02 am

This man just showed us all it doesn’t take a brain scientist to make a garden

6. Stevey Irwin 'RAWMMA Hair Analyst' on April 27, 2021 at 12:05 am

I honestly f*cking love gardening! My big tip is to stay consistent, even if you fail one season, you just made it 10x easier for the next season. I think people get overwhelmed and quit, gardening is a marathon, not a sprint, enjoy it, make mistakes!

7. Emma Forson on April 27, 2021 at 12:08 am

What cameras do they use to film because damn

8. lola convent on April 27, 2021 at 12:08 am

Beautiful, love it, that s power! love and growth ❤

9. mohamed waleed on April 27, 2021 at 12:10 am

i watch this video every 3 to 4 days , it just makes me feel healthy even if i’m not

10. Frank McCloy on April 27, 2021 at 12:10 am

I show Mr. Finley’s TedTalk about starting his guerrilla gardening revolution to my communication students. He is inspirational, and a real wake up call to everyone. He is positivity in action. My only wish is that I lived and taught in CA so I could invite Mr. Finley in to one of my classes because he is such a force of action that it would truly be awe inspiring to meet the man in person. So many of my students have thanked me for showing Mr. Finley’s talk because they were so moved by his words and his ACTIONS. The more people learn of Mr. Finley the better we all, and the world would be.

11. Caslav on April 27, 2021 at 12:11 am

This must be the most effective YouTube ad I’ve ever seen. After 3 seconds I realized that this man could sell me anything.

12. MsFreethepeople on April 27, 2021 at 12:12 am

I went searching for this channel. No stumble across here!

13. skojig oquist on April 27, 2021 at 12:12 am

I love the guy but please.
    How can comport be sexy?
    I hear the sexmaniac American in here. Everything is sexy for you guys – cars -flowers -garden and even dogs cats childtwn and – compost.
    I find it outrageous and if I were him I would use a different adjective.
    Ps. No trolling.

14. Akarakash on April 27, 2021 at 12:15 am

“My Kung-fu is stronger than your”…))

15. Lsa F on April 27, 2021 at 12:16 am

I just finished watching his masterclass. It was awesome. the only flaw: It leaves you wanting more of it.

16. Caro Lune on April 27, 2021 at 12:18 am

If I had the money I would take these classes for sure. Every guerilla gardener needs this energy.

17. Aja Blue on April 27, 2021 at 12:20 am

I just love you Ron Finley!
    Soil is sexy…🥰

18. bullshark on April 27, 2021 at 12:20 am

did this guy ever play ball? he’s got Jordan size hands

19. Shelia Gibson on April 27, 2021 at 12:21 am

I want to follow in your footsteps and beautify my community and local schools with gardens. Thanks for your inspiration. Keep it growin’.

20. icequeen2124 on April 27, 2021 at 12:22 am

You’re the best!😊

21. Crypto Capital Venture on April 27, 2021 at 12:22 am

Natural herbs have cured so many illness that drugs and injection can’t cure. I’ve seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people’s lives. i read people’s testimonies online on how they were cured of HERPES, HIV, diabetics etc by Dr Agbonifo herbal medicine, I contacted the doctor because i know nature has the power to heal. I was diagnosed with HSV but I have been completely cured after using Dr Agbonifo Herbal Medicine.
    His WhatsApp +234903474 9874

22. Teresa Jacobson on April 27, 2021 at 12:22 am

Love this!!!!

23. Lloyd Bingham on April 27, 2021 at 12:22 am

Hello Mr. Finley how can I protect my tomatoes from birds? they are eating up my hard work.

24. William J Clinton on April 27, 2021 at 12:23 am

OMFG ITS NWA IN THE BACKGROUND RGJSKFEM

25. Will Olson on April 27, 2021 at 12:25 am

God Bless you Ron Finley!

26. AscendantStoic on April 27, 2021 at 12:27 am

Now that’s a role model if I have ever seen one, people underestimate the independence of being able to grow your own food.

27. Sandy Lumbermill diy on April 27, 2021 at 12:28 am

Such a strong, inspirational video. TFS, can’t wait to dig in, xoxo

28. Sandy Zio on April 27, 2021 at 12:30 am

Great stuff Ron! Love it! Keep teaching! We should all be growing our own food wherever possible. Not much to it. Plant it, water it, and let God do the rest. 🙂 Have a great day!

29. Sophie Ha on April 27, 2021 at 12:31 am

You are an inspiration.

30. Gilbert-Noël Sfeir on April 27, 2021 at 12:31 am

It would be a shame to ruin this beautiful old drawer and watch it become rotten !

31. Hakorine on April 27, 2021 at 12:32 am

I came here to rewatch all the ads
    We are talking about high quality here

32. NizarShows on April 27, 2021 at 12:32 am

this guy seems awesome

33. Aimad LAHRECH on April 27, 2021 at 12:32 am

First time of my life i didn’t Skip tha AD … just legendary

34. Fatimah Patin on April 27, 2021 at 12:34 am

Just love it

35. derek lee eskelson on April 27, 2021 at 12:36 am

you’re a tough man. what you do is so cool

36. Nobody Burgen on April 27, 2021 at 12:37 am

*WHOLESOME AS F@*&*

37. Never Late Farm on April 27, 2021 at 12:38 am

Yep, they are going to talk about you. I found you through a thread on a facebook gardening group. Subscribed!!

38. Yaraah Yahawah on April 27, 2021 at 12:39 am

We need more men like this. Love and respect.

39. That Gardener on April 27, 2021 at 12:40 am

Good stuff

40. Lifestyle with Anna A on April 27, 2021 at 12:41 am

I love love love his Energy new subscriber right away is editing is on point well done

41. Bolingo Rastafari on April 27, 2021 at 12:43 am

Just saw you today on the Ellen show with Tiffany Haddish. Great applause to you and to Tiffany also. Gardening is definitely the way to go, and container vegetable gardening can yield some very good results. I agree with everything you said and also am so glad that you are influencing and inspiring people to grow some of their own food. It is true, youcan grow a lot of very excellent produce on a small plot of land, as long as you have good soil, water, sunshine and air. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are a great inspiration and really lifted up my mood by teaching and being on tv. And great thanks to Miss Tiffany also. A great, wise, wonderful woman. I will be signing up for the master class. Keep up the marvelous work.

42. Elizabeth Williams on April 27, 2021 at 12:43 am

Hello, I love what you do. I saw you with Common on Common Well…I happen to be a Common fan and I just wanted to inform Common and his team that it is someone portraying to be him and trying to scam his fans… I wrote on your page because I think this person watches Common’s page and who know who else…. PLEASE RELAY THIS MESSAGE BECAUSE THERE MIGHT BE SOMEONE WHO MAY FALL FOR THIS MESS>>>>THANK IN ADVANCE:)…..respectful submitted Elizabeth Williams…This man is having full conversation and texting stuff like he is Common but he does spell common words wrong sometimes but as far as the conversation it seem so real.. saying things like Peace, my love, and he has the nerve to be deep ;real deep….He could have fool me…until he start talking about sending money to me to put up for charity….smh …contact me if you have any more question….

43. Echad on April 27, 2021 at 12:45 am

Give this guy his own show

44. Marilyn June on April 27, 2021 at 12:46 am

Love gardening and he is very creative.

45. Nancy Aureli on April 27, 2021 at 12:47 am

I love Ron Finley!

46. sudarsan ramakrishnan on April 27, 2021 at 12:47 am

In last one week I watched and rewatched and continue to watch his masterclass . This man became my inner voice for nature

47. MasterClass on April 27, 2021 at 12:49 am

Ron Finley Teaches Gardening is now streaming on MasterClass: https://mstr.cl/2XWpkN6

48. Mm Poggs on April 27, 2021 at 12:51 am

He is right👍🏻that’s why you want to learn from him!

49. Narinder Dhaliwal on April 27, 2021 at 12:53 am

That song though!!!!!!

50. Make Lumonade on April 27, 2021 at 12:54 am

Ok, I’m sold! When do we begin?