What Garden Zone am I In? Know When to Plant!

Are you ready to start planting? Kristopher is back this week to help us sort out gardening zone maps: the basics of heat, hardiness, average last frost dates and more.
Subscribe to MidwestManMountain to see more from Kristopher ►► http://www.youtube.com/MidwestManMountain

River Meditation by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Artist: http://audionautix.com/

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HomeAndGardenMM/

Artist: http://audionautix.com/

*****
Home & Garden for Mere Mortals web site:

*****
For Mere Mortals is a trademark of
© ZRAM Media, LLC

1. Nadya on April 29, 2021 at 12:01 am

Maryland 20735

2. GARDEN STATE GARDENER on April 29, 2021 at 12:02 am

ZONE 6

3. Kelly Maymon on April 29, 2021 at 12:02 am

that was a great video! I used your video to help explain N. American climate to a grade 6 student.

4. yasmeen ali on April 29, 2021 at 12:04 am

Is there any zones to be considered for Australia???

5. Zebber Craft on April 29, 2021 at 12:04 am

I am in the 0-5 zone

6. Jonathan Arpin on April 29, 2021 at 12:05 am

Good video, but do you know a link to know the zone in Canada ?

7. Glen Crighton on April 29, 2021 at 12:09 am

Not everyone lives in the U.S.

8. Maxid1 on April 29, 2021 at 12:10 am

I’m not sure what frightens me more, the hat or the shirt.

9. Daphney Cordeiro on April 29, 2021 at 12:12 am

We are in zone 7b

10. Bald Sasquach on April 29, 2021 at 12:13 am

This is a great video, thanks much! I’m in 8b, Central Texas. Starting my first garden this year, and while I was moving dirt my neighbor came over to talk about how she misses gardening from her hometown…….of Oshkosh! Too funny stumbling across this video now.

11. Gags on April 29, 2021 at 12:13 am

I’m in the "Twilight Zone" I can grow anything LOL… Actually, NY/NJ Zone 7 You dont have to Plant things all at once!!! I hate the Feast then Famine Garden.
    Tomatoes for me always get planted about 1 week after Mother’s day sometimes 2 depending on weather and time, and I plant a bunch of different kinds and then I plant another batch before Fathers Day. The plants say how long they take so with the first batch I look for some that mature faster in like 8 weeks (just to get homegrown tomato! LOL) and others that take almost 90 days. I try to get tomatoes from July and into September if I can, however, it doesn’t always work that way.
    With the second batch you may have to slow the tomatoes a little bit, I sometimes keep in house in small containers with less light to get them root bound and stay smaller…but I found a guy that has live small plants in June. I actually buy the smallest plants or look for doubles for the 2nd round and with upwards of like 90 days to maturity with Beefstakes… I want round 2 to bring me to August and into September.
    Also I found if you grow certain ones in Buckets they come up faster then in the ground so If ya want some early pop them in a bucket!

Tomatoes throughout the whole summer! You never know the weather so I also do some Early Girls in round 2 also. Round 1 is always a success its round 2 that is the mess but worth it!
    Then the year is over… Then I have to eat crappy tasteless tomatoes from the Supermarket, the first one is always a shocker and then you realize why you grow your own!

12. TheMsLady4Real on April 29, 2021 at 12:13 am

Zone 9

13. Bilal Kawsara on April 29, 2021 at 12:15 am

How wonderful watching this was. I’ve only ever grown onions successfully when I was younger. Now I want to try to do a little bit more.

14. The Opiner on April 29, 2021 at 12:15 am

Good information, thank you. This is mine and my wife’s first year of "serious" gardening (meaning that we aren’t simply putting seeds in the ground and then just getting what we get without weeding or watering). I built some planter boxes that my wife will be using for peppers, carrots, and tomatoes. We also have a traditional garden that will have cuke’s and summer squash. We plan on having enough to can for the winter and even make our own baby food out of. Should be fun! 🙂

15. KcreativeK on April 29, 2021 at 12:15 am

Thank you so much for this video because I have always wanted to start a garden but I had no clue as to where to start

16. Impractical Fishermen on April 29, 2021 at 12:16 am

I’m in zone 9a. I have only lived in California’s central valley for five years and so far the hardest thing is keeping plants watered. The only thing that has survived me so far is climbing jasmine and some mums I planted. I never had mums come back after the winter in the midwest, but now my planter is full of orange and red flowers.

17. Cheryl J on April 29, 2021 at 12:16 am

zone 9

18. Mickey on April 29, 2021 at 12:18 am

The map wasn’t big enough. I couldn’t see any of the numbers. It would have been nice to have a link to the agricultural site.

19. Leonie Mcintyre on April 29, 2021 at 12:24 am

What zone am I in Australia

20. Allan Paniagua on April 29, 2021 at 12:25 am

Coastal.

21. Upright Winter61 on April 29, 2021 at 12:28 am

You are in Press garden Zone.

22. MendezAS on April 29, 2021 at 12:30 am

Good video mate. And I don’t even live in the U.S! 🙂

23. fantasma on April 29, 2021 at 12:30 am

10a

24. Wilmarie Rivera on April 29, 2021 at 12:31 am

Zone 13A! 😭 I guess I’ll never be able to have a colorful and edible garden.

25. Rebecca Moore on April 29, 2021 at 12:32 am

I am in Creedmoor, NC which is zone 7b

26. thewindsofsong on April 29, 2021 at 12:33 am

It just snowed a little here in Mid-Michigan, don’t know what that means for the plants…

Probably nothing good.

27. Rob Weeks on April 29, 2021 at 12:33 am

I’m subscribed to WWMM and didn’t even know you had this channel! Awesome!

28. Slpk on April 29, 2021 at 12:35 am

You’re not a mountain though

29. wallaby party on April 29, 2021 at 12:37 am

zone 10

30. June Homme on April 29, 2021 at 12:40 am

So, what if you lived in an area that looks like it borders 2 zones?

31. Eric Rusch Sr on April 29, 2021 at 12:40 am

I live in zip code 34747.
    Very hard climate to grow in with all the heat.
    But this video helped in case I want to try.
    Good video.

32. Preston Jorson on April 29, 2021 at 12:40 am

Your overalls are amazing, where can I find those? I mostly find carpenter and hunter overalls in my area

33. April Guittar on April 29, 2021 at 12:42 am

Thanks for your nice charts. Im in zone 9… wondering how you all can stand all the cold up there?😄

34. Allan Paniagua on April 29, 2021 at 12:43 am

I’m in Zone 7 Southwestern Connecticut..

35. Quokkat on April 29, 2021 at 12:44 am

Thank you for the video, makes me feel happy

36. Benjamin Barnett on April 29, 2021 at 12:47 am

I’m moving to Cambodia soon – any idea about zones?

37. Maximilianus Pramudya Krisna Murti on April 29, 2021 at 12:49 am

13b in Central Java, Indonesia

38. Rosa Padilla on April 29, 2021 at 12:50 am

What some am I I’m if I live in Greenville SC?

39. Lawrence Robinson on April 29, 2021 at 12:51 am

great information. Zone 4

40. Mark Hazlewood on April 29, 2021 at 12:52 am

Great info. I just wish mail order nurseries would pay more attention to zones. We live in Santa Fe, NM – zone 6 – BUT we’re at 7,000 ft. which makes us more of a zone 5. We tell nurseries not to ship before 30 April, but things start arriving at the beginning of April so we end up with small plants all over our dining room for weeks.

41. Charlie Wood on April 29, 2021 at 12:53 am

My grandfather always said the day after Mothers day but I have got in trouble only a couple of times I live in south west PA They are calling for 35 degrees  Sunday night UGH

42. wallaby party on April 29, 2021 at 12:54 am

zone 10

43. Sheila Broad on April 29, 2021 at 12:55 am

In a few years this map will be obsolete due to global warming!!

44. Jimbo L on April 29, 2021 at 12:56 am

When I was younger, My Grandfather used to go by the Farmer’s Almanac to predict the weather (along with the moon and the stars, and caterpillars). While it’s not always 100% correct, it does show trends and he could translate it pretty accurately. He always knew when the winters would be mild vs hash, and when the last frost would be. This chart reminded me of this and the common sense approach to starting your planting season. Thanks

45. Spencer Egger on April 29, 2021 at 12:56 am

Im 90% positive this guy in the pink is burying dead bodies in hos garden. Or at least the left overs.

46. Frostbain on April 29, 2021 at 12:56 am

Central Minnesota here. It’s always weird looking out my window at -30F weather and 2 feet of snow, then looking back at my screen and Steve’s talking about how it was a "bit rainy this week".

General (minor) video feedback: not sure if there’s a great DIY solution for cutting down on outdoor wind noise, but I’m assuming the wind won’t go away much over the year; for internal audio, softer Ps and Ts (or possibly just getting a mic screen – like you see on condenser mics) should bring it closer to pro levels. Well done otherwise 🙂

47. HugTheBear55 on April 29, 2021 at 12:57 am

Had snow last night in Michigan. Luckily I brought my potted plants in to the garage. Hopefully my new plants in the ground make it. It was 34 degrees— slushy snow..

48. Jasmine Sharp on April 29, 2021 at 12:57 am

Thank you !!

49. havenisse2009 on April 29, 2021 at 12:58 am

I live in a completely different world not showed on this map. This video really should be labeled "USA only".

50. Doug Franco on April 29, 2021 at 12:59 am