20 Easy to Grow Zone 3 Perennials

20 Easy to Grow Zone 3 Perennials

Do you feel like you can’t grow any fun perennials because you don’t live somewhere warm? When you’ve got a short growing season and cold climate like we do in zone 3, it can seem like nothing grows here. Not true!! If you’re a beginner gardener looking to grow perennials and fill up a landscape, here are 20 easy to grow perennial flowers that you’ll want to add to your flower garden.

Perennial e-book with flower bed plans & templates: https://www.shiftingroots.com/constant-colour-garden-sales/

28 perennials to avoid: https://www.shiftingroots.com/perennials-youll-regret-planting/
53 perennials you’ll love: https://www.shiftingroots.com/50-perennials-regret-planting/

Binge on all my best content on perennials: https://www.shiftingroots.com/perennials/

See you on Instagram for daily zone 3 gardening tips. I’ll show you the exact timing for your gardening tasks as I’m doing it in my own garden: https://www.instagram.com/shifting_roots/

1. Achi Hau on May 1, 2021 at 12:11 am

Hi, I’m from Dimapur, Nagaland, India. I am a beginner in planting so, I have a question. Can pionees grow in warm places/ weather?

2. Cheryl Bishop on May 1, 2021 at 12:13 am

Hi love your channel, we are in zone 5 but we are high desert – we have had days of 100+ & the same night below freezing ( woke up to a frozen dog water bowl with a mouse inside ) we’re wanting to make a food forest ,,I was thinking of a zone 3 forest 😀 the land is very small under 1/2 ac in town. (We are looking for a Fram outside of town) this will be practice & where we will stay Saturday nights for Church on Sunday , and for friends and family. Will zone 3 plants survive that ? ?..help please if you can. Thank you & GOD BLESS FROM CHRISTMAS VALLEY OREGON

3. Acts 2.38 on May 1, 2021 at 12:15 am

I live in Illinois,Thanks so much!

4. Tenzerta Tenzing on May 1, 2021 at 12:15 am

Thanks for this video . Zone three beginner gardener and new subscriber. Great content.

5. Karen Acton on May 1, 2021 at 12:17 am

Thanks! I can now be the master Gardner I’ve always wanted to be!

6. Gypsy_Spirit on May 1, 2021 at 12:21 am

I just found your channel!! LOVE IT!! Am going to be watching all your videos! Thank you for the great information!! You are awesome 🙂

7. Petula G on May 1, 2021 at 12:28 am

I love that you are sharing experience from the Canadian Prairies cold because a lot of things we hear about hardiness zones actually get the US label of hardiness zones. Our systems ARE DIFFERENT. Whenever you hear Zone 5 in US (Maine, Chicago) you are actually referring to Zone 6 in CA (Montreal). It has to do with how those systems (USDA vs AgCan) calculate amount of hours of sun, amount of days in the planting season, and min and max temperatures. So, beware!

If you are gardening in Canada you have to do this conversion, otherwise you might buy plants that will not really thrive in your place. And if possible, read and gather info from Canadian authors, just because when gardening all these differences in context matter a lot.

8. Dara K on May 1, 2021 at 12:33 am

I’m in zone 6/7 but I find this helpful as you really show what they look like in a landscape not just unhelpful closeups or pictures with no scale. also you talk about fragrance which is really important but just not always covered.

9. R C on May 1, 2021 at 12:42 am

Found what I’m looking for. I’m in zone 3 so this is helpful. Thank you for sharing.

10. Julie Hicks on May 1, 2021 at 12:45 am

Great video and some helpful plant choices for my zone 3 garden.

11. Crystal Zhang on May 1, 2021 at 12:46 am

No links are accessible, not sure why.

12. Homestead Odyssey on May 1, 2021 at 12:51 am

Love this thank you! We just bought property in zone 4

13. Bertha Rios on May 1, 2021 at 12:53 am

I just love how you teach step by step. 😘

14. Danielle Doan on May 1, 2021 at 12:53 am

Love your videos!! Could you do a video on zone 3 deer resistant annuals and perrenials??

15. Warm Green Shade on May 1, 2021 at 12:54 am

Ooh I’ve never seen globe flowers before looks lovely. Thanks for the video, I’m moving to a colder zone and this was encouraging.

16. Francine Larsen on May 1, 2021 at 12:54 am

I’m in zone 4, planning for gardens in zone 3-4. Glad to have found your videos.

17. C S on May 1, 2021 at 12:59 am

I’m in zone 3-any recommendations for spreading plants that choke out dandilion?