Soda, soundtracks and metal galore! Records and tapes in the mail | Vinyl Community

Checking out the debut album from Smith-Kotzen. PLUS opening a surprise package from my friend Gil Beck, that included some cools sodas, some great 1980s soundtracks on vinyl, AND a bunch of classic hard rock and heavy metal cassette tapes. Thanks Gil!

Funky Moose interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi9um2wl6uo&t=2108s
Gil’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs_3aC9Arj3qb_FO5a1gE4w

#mailbag #vinyl #cassettes

SUBSCRIBE… IT’S FREE and FUN! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=MrNoNeedForAName

OFFICIAL MERCH STORE: http://channel33rpm.bigcartel.com/

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/Channel33RPM
INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/channel33rpm/
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Channel33RPM

Interested in sending an item to be considered for the mail time segment? Here is my address:

Frank Landry
PO BOX 99900 RE 899 513
RPO GARDEN CITY
WINNIPEG MB R2V 5A2
Canada

======================================================
ABOUT Channel33rpm: Your channel for #vinyl, gear and more, where I try to put the fun back in record collecting.

ABOUT ME: My goal is to inspire you to grow your music collection, improve your listening experience, discover new music and support artists (and have fun while doing it).
=====================================================

MUSIC CREDITS:
Pentagram by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Artist: http://audionautix.com/
Rocker Chicks by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Artist: http://audionautix.com/
Rocker by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Artist: http://audionautix.com/
======================================================
Videos shot live on location near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

1. giggabyt78 on May 2, 2021 at 12:15 am

are you peewee or meat LOL

2. PerfectPlex090 on May 2, 2021 at 12:16 am

If you want 70s inspired rock with catchy tunes, try The Battle at Gardens Gate, Frank! Cheers ๐Ÿป

3. witching hour on May 2, 2021 at 12:21 am

I also love 80s soundtrack vinyl. The Lost boys is an awesome soundtrack ,Top Gun,Footloose and The Breakfast club are my favourites.I was a teenager in the eighties so they hold so many memories.I have weird science, but I donโ€™t own Porkys or Meatballs,although they were great movies.Enjoy!!

4. Kim Jong ill aka John on May 2, 2021 at 12:22 am

Wow that is an awesome lot of cassettes. Great video.

5. D C on May 2, 2021 at 12:22 am

Where are my tapes? Ha.

6. Joe T on May 2, 2021 at 12:23 am

Your friend came through big time. Nice haul.

7. DigitalTuxedo on May 2, 2021 at 12:24 am

I’m the same way about soundtracks! I love finding them!

8. KJ D on May 2, 2021 at 12:26 am

Kiss "Root Beer", pretty cool. I picked up an AC/DC "Rock or Bust" beer a couple years ago in New Brunswick. Kept the can. Great addition to the Rec Room!
    Loved Meat Balls. Classic Murray! Weird Science, Kelly Lebrock! lol
    Love it. Thanks as always.

9. John Bliss on May 2, 2021 at 12:27 am

So Jelly! I wish I had those Sab Canadian cassettes. I want the whole collection up to Born Again like you have there. You know many of those Heavy Metal tapes go for a bunch of money these days. Makes them tough to collect. Remember when some of them were like 7.99 or even 5.99 US back in the day? Now some of those start at 20 or 30 bucks used.

10. JJ 22 Explosive HIts on May 2, 2021 at 12:27 am

"Are you ready for the Summer?" and "Meatballs" by Rick Dees….Weird Science ..Danny Elfman love the mailbag today…great Friday Frank!!!

11. linzor24 on May 2, 2021 at 12:29 am

๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ha ho ha ho

12. Monkey_ Dash_ on May 2, 2021 at 12:30 am

I dont know much about gold stamp promos but i know i have some could someone fill me in?

13. vinyl city 2 on May 2, 2021 at 12:31 am

I’m a sucker for soundtracks as well, just bout "back to the future"! Cassettes are great for background music when your doing stuff!

14. Greg Glass on May 2, 2021 at 12:33 am

That cherry cola reminds me when Gene Simmons did the cherry Dr Pepper commercial. " A kiss of cherry"

15. Bad English Recs on May 2, 2021 at 12:34 am

Nice package!!!! And how in the world those bottles were still unbroken! Amazing. Nice tapes for summer.
    mr. Finglish (Bรคd English Recs)

16. Gily Beck on May 2, 2021 at 12:35 am

That was a blast to watch! Loved yer reactions. And yes! I wouldn’t drink them either myself. A full bottle is cooler to display. Glad that you enjoyed them! Rock on frank! Cheers!

17. John Bliss on May 2, 2021 at 12:37 am

I was thinking about soundtracks too. Like Better Off Dead.

18. Chris Blackburn on May 2, 2021 at 12:38 am

Great show loved all of the cassette tapes ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ˜Ž

19. Bogan's Guide to Wine on May 2, 2021 at 12:41 am

Nice poster up the back ๐Ÿ™‚

20. Bob Qualls on May 2, 2021 at 12:42 am

Wow! You have a great friend in Gil.That’s some great stuff. Envious.

21. Dagger Deep on May 2, 2021 at 12:42 am

I bought an album with just a penis on the cover, so I’d say you can get away with much more these days.

22. Brendan Von Doom on May 2, 2021 at 12:43 am

Awesome box of cassettes. Long live the cassette ๐Ÿค˜cool soundtracks

23. Sloppy Dawgs Joshua Slone on May 2, 2021 at 12:45 am

Just bought my wife a mint 92 firebird its cassette unit works great. Wish I found that many nice ones

24. Me Barrie on May 2, 2021 at 12:45 am

Awesome gifts Frank! I’ll have to check out the Lp from Smith Kotzen.
    Keep on spinning Frank!!!

25. mick schnabel on May 2, 2021 at 12:45 am

Normally I’d be super jealous of that case of metal cassettes, but I actually own probably 90% of those! However I wish I had the black colored tapes of BS, mine are almost all white.

26. Pop Ease on May 2, 2021 at 12:46 am

Hey is that intro stock music, or did you make it? Its actually pretty catchy haha

27. vinyl city 2 on May 2, 2021 at 12:46 am

Awsome stuff , Frank!

28. Lawrence LoZ Johnston on May 2, 2021 at 12:47 am

Pretty much unrelated to this show, but….
    I’d be interested in your view on if you prefer a nice quiet new pressing where the overall sound is, say a tad subdued/poorly mastered, Vs a well played and a little crackly and poppy (not enough to ruin the music of course, just noticeable in quieter passages) original pressing with better overall sound quality – where the price is often very similar. Notwithstanding a new Vs old sleeve ๐Ÿ˜€

Thinking Kiss Destroyer or DC Dirty Deeds and the like, not the MOFI stuff of course

29. A.M. on May 2, 2021 at 12:48 am

I wouldn’t change names with Richie,that poor man!
    Kotzen means to puke in German ^^
    Greetings from Stuttgart Germany!

30. Robert Atkin on May 2, 2021 at 12:53 am

Some nice stuff Frank. Love the Kiss socks.
    I used to have Hot Shots the Best of Trooper. Possibly the one album I regret selling. I have just started watching Stranger Things and was pleased to hear Trooper’s Raise a Little Hell. I doubt most people on my side of the pond know who Trooper were.

31. Neil Fisher on May 2, 2021 at 12:53 am

Wow! Cool cassettes. I haven’t listened to cassette tapes in years. I used to buy albums back in the early 80’s and make cassette tapes to play in the car. I also made mixed tapes. I almost always bought vinyl then made my own tapes.

32. Keith Wood on May 2, 2021 at 12:54 am

I’m now regretting getting rid of all my cassettes.

33. Nflder 2000 on May 2, 2021 at 12:56 am

Awesome video as usual Frank! That was a pretty sweet haul right there! I am also a huge fan of 80’s movies, I grew up in the 80’s, definitely my fav decade. I also collect tapes and I have a fairly decent collection across the genres, but with a main focus on metal. I love the fact that a lot of bands are doing tape releases again, with some having tape only releases. What is old is new again thankfully! Take care and keep the videos coming!

Cheers,
    Shawn

34. lawnboyfreak on May 2, 2021 at 12:58 am

I like Born Again too. I think itโ€™s the most sinister sounding Sabbath album. Enjoy Seventh Star. Thatโ€™s one of my favorites!

35. bornces on May 2, 2021 at 12:59 am

We know Prism and Trooper in the states. Spaceship Superstar, and Armageddon and others and of course Raise a Little Hell.

36. Frank Landgraff on May 2, 2021 at 1:00 am

Who wants a greasy pork sandwich in a ashtray? Chet was the big brother I always wanted to be! Wierd Science

37. Brian's Vinyl Records on May 2, 2021 at 1:00 am

Sweet cassettes!

38. Graeme Knowles on May 2, 2021 at 1:01 am

Very cool. i was listening to my cassette copy of Van Halen’s 1984 album the other day. Still sounds great after all these years.

39. D.T on May 2, 2021 at 1:02 am

Right that’s it I’m jealous now enough of the KISS gifts lol

40. Chris Propfe Musically Obsessed on May 2, 2021 at 1:03 am

Frank,
    Very cool cassettes! Youโ€™ve inspired me to show mine. Video coming soon! Take care ๐ŸคŸ๐Ÿป

41. sfbdotcom on May 2, 2021 at 1:04 am

I must admit to being mildly disappointed when a box of ‘Metal Cassettes’ turned out to be Cassettes of Metal Bands lol. I was hoping you’d found a source of brand new metal cassettes. Oh well. As for the Kiss memorabilia, you can keep that stuff to yourself! eeeeugh. Guess it takes all types eh? Keep on spinning Frank!

42. Lawrence Cabrera on May 2, 2021 at 1:04 am

SK is a great band. Mine had some scuffing but didnโ€™t affect the sound.

43. Richard Denson on May 2, 2021 at 1:05 am

It’s gonna be a box of Metal Cassettes kind of Summer! Rock on Frank. Cheers ๐Ÿฅ‚

44. Bert Hanlin on May 2, 2021 at 1:06 am

Three great soundtracks!!!!!

45. Jim Bob on May 2, 2021 at 1:06 am

Re’sucribed the 4th time . When Trump gets re’elected – we’re putting up a wall on that Canadian Border .
    Gill your Evil twin ?

46. Pure666 Metal on May 2, 2021 at 1:07 am

Seventh Star is a great album, even when Glenn Hughes was so messed up on drugs he still sounded amazing.

47. Anthony C on May 2, 2021 at 1:09 am

Wow great cassette collection….alot of GREAT people out there in the vinyl community…enjoy

48. Hash Man on May 2, 2021 at 1:11 am

Great video,it’s awesome that old friends come through with cool gifts,and great selection…got to agree,live after death is the best live album!

49. thetubesrock on May 2, 2021 at 1:12 am

Nice video Frank! Nothing like having new tunes to be rocking in the garage on a warm summer day!!!

50. William Chandlee on May 2, 2021 at 1:13 am

Awesome video great stuff I have heard a song from that SK album pretty good yeah Richie as bin around I remember him With Poison but got kicked out for sleeping with the Drummers wife hahaha not cool and he did a little time with Mr Big good stuff check it out and keep on spinning ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿค˜