15 MEDICINAL HERBS TO GROW AND THEIR COMMON USES

Medicinal herbs are a great way to support your health at home, but what herbs should you grow?Never miss a new video! Subscribe to our channel to be notified whenever we publish a new video!
Click “SHOW MORE” if you’re new to our channel and “MORE ABOUT US” for some freebies!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Learning to support your family’s health by growing medicinal herbs at home is a fantastic way to become more self-sufficient and less reliant on over-the-counter medicines.

Here are the 15 medicinal herbs we recommend planting and why. Be sure to check out the blog post for photos of each plant and a full list of their remedies and uses: https://homesteadingfamily.com/15-medicinal-herbs-to-grow/

– Peppermint
– Marshmallow or Hollyhock
– Yarrow
– Chamomile
– Dill
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MORE ABOUT US!

WELCOME! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo

Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit our blog: https://www.homesteadingfamily.com
Follow us on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/homesteadingfamily/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/homesteadingfamily
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/homesteadingfamily/

A few highlights you don’t want to miss are our FREEBIES!!

Click any of the links below for instant access to free video training resources:

– Healthy Healing at Home- Free 4 video workshop on our herb course Herbal Medicine Cabinet: Colds
– Bread Making workshop- Free 4 video workshop on our masterclass, The Art of Homemade Bread
– Meals on Your Shelf- Free 4 video workshop on canning. The Abundant Pantry: Canning

Click any of the links below for instant access to these free downloadable PDFs:

– Homesteading Family’s Favorite Holiday Recipes – A PDF download filled with our family’s favorite holiday recipe.
– 5 Steps to a More Self Sufficient Life- Simple PDF download on 5 steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
– Thrive Wellness Checklist- A simple PDF download for healthy living.
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- PDF download that is an introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list- PDF with Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles- Carolyn’s favorite make-ahead breakfast casseroles.
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs- PDF download with multiple ways to preserve eggs.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden- PDF download with an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
– Fearless Fermenting- A PDF on basic lacto-ferments.
– Fermenting Tomatoes- PDF download on fermenting tomatoes
– Preserving Culinary Herbs- Downloadable, step by step directions to drying, freezing and salting culinary herbs.
– Render Your Own Lard- PDF with instructions on how to render your own lard.
#herbs #medicinalherbs #medicinalherbgarden #herbgarden

1. Katherine O on May 3, 2021 at 12:42 am

Have you done a video on how to prepare these herbs into creams, pastes, powder etc? Love to see that

2. Missy Howard on May 3, 2021 at 12:42 am

I LOVE your channel!! Wish I would have found this sooner 😁

3. Tiny Hiney Farm on May 3, 2021 at 12:43 am

Great video. The only one missing is

4. CMA Melgna on May 3, 2021 at 12:43 am

Just watched this video. Thank you so much for giving us such clear and concise information.
    I HAD to subscribe.

5. Rhonda Ellerbe on May 3, 2021 at 12:45 am

Awesome!

6. celeste shepard on May 3, 2021 at 12:47 am

I am OBSESSED with your videos I’ve been binge watching 🤣 I grew up in the south but not on a farm, although all of my friends had farms. I now live in an apartment with my boyfriend in the city and our dream is to do homesteading ❤️

7. medinalba on May 3, 2021 at 12:47 am

do you have a place where can we get this herbs? I will like to ask for a catalog

8. Debra Casseday on May 3, 2021 at 12:50 am

My chamomile self seeds all over the place. I have some out in my yard now that has survived the winter. It is March 5th today 2021.

9. Bernice Barela on May 3, 2021 at 12:52 am

& a picture of the Herb

10. Mrs Felicia on May 3, 2021 at 12:53 am

Cold Sores(Herpes) is best treated and Cured with Natural Roots and Herbs from my experience and how I was Cured of genital Herpes. Herbal medicine eradicate the virus, symptoms & Outbreak totally from inside and has no side effect… This is real and i used it just four weeks and tested Negative later. contact through whatsapp: +2349040269169 or inbox email; drokonofua@gmail.com

11. Danamarie Byrne on May 3, 2021 at 12:55 am

I want to have a medicinal garden. The only area I have for this is in the open not gated. I live in PA we have lots of dear, rabbits and bears. Do I gate it or just let the perennial medicinal herbs feed everyone?

12. Bernice Barela on May 3, 2021 at 12:55 am

Thank you for all your Info. It would be nice if you inserted In typed out on the screen as you talk about that particular Herb. I love your site so Informative.

13. July R on May 3, 2021 at 12:58 am

14. Malebogo Moloko-Porati on May 3, 2021 at 12:58 am

Nice presentation but I would appreciate it more if there were pictures for example elecampane n bergamot i have never seen them. Thanks a lot

15. Philip Jane on May 3, 2021 at 12:59 am

It’s a miracle that I am alive today. I encountered HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV1 / 2) for four (4) years, six (6) months and twelve (12) days with my calculations, before I met the great Dr abumere. I am from los angeles California, united state of America and I was affected with herpes virus. Herpes is a viral infection caused by the Herpes simplex virus, marked by painful, watery blisters in the skin or mucous membrane or on the genitals. This was what I suffered for four years. I have visited CVS Pharmacy in CA for treatment but no improvement. I met Dr abumere online while I was searching for a herpes cure. I read a testimony about his work. I give a try that now becomes a testimony in my life. I contacted Dr abumere WhatsApp +2349021975055 or E-mail: doctorabumere6@gmail.com

16. Melina Dayrit on May 3, 2021 at 12:59 am

Much better you can show the name of Herbal! I can fallow what you say!

17. June Weimar on May 3, 2021 at 1:02 am

Appreciate all your info but are all these herbs used by making a tea out them? If so, how much do you use?

18. Tiaco thomas on May 3, 2021 at 1:03 am

I’ve been treating herpes virus for several years with different medications until I saw a post on how a young lady got cured from herpes by Dr Apala, out of desperation i decided to contact him with little or no hope of a solution. After taken his herbal medications reluctantly to my biggest surprise I tested negative. God bless dr.apalaherbalhome@gmail.com for his wonderful work.

19. Machella 123 on May 3, 2021 at 1:04 am

Hi
    Do you know how to make Black Salve.

20. julina George Black on May 3, 2021 at 1:05 am

How can i get your book.

21. Zion City of God on May 3, 2021 at 1:05 am

Oregano is an amazing antibiotic. together as a tea with Chili pepper tea (www.nuts.com (chili powder and oregano) has kept me safe from Covid19, and healed my two children that got Covid19. I also use a super oregano that is not find in the USA. It grows only in the mountains of Turkey, and it is called Wild Oregano Oil, imported by http://www.healthy-health.com. Wild Oregano Oil is amazing to heal flu, bronchitis, pneumonia. Amazing!!!!!!

22. Melina Dayrit on May 3, 2021 at 1:07 am

Goodevening! The good idea, that’s right! You make a magazine book, also me I wanna buy if have available book!

23. Connie Georges on May 3, 2021 at 1:09 am

Love you and your amazing knowledge may God bless you.

24. Bailey Hills Farm on May 3, 2021 at 1:12 am

New Subscriber and i really want to learn more about this so thank you for this video… Bailey Hills Farm

25. Ning-Ning Shalom on May 3, 2021 at 1:13 am

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

26. Lynette Tucker on May 3, 2021 at 1:15 am

Thanks this is very interesting to me 😊❤️

27. Deborah John on May 3, 2021 at 1:16 am

D GREETINGS! TO YALL. The Doctors Said Herpes Virus do not have a medical cure because the virus is capable of hiding within the human cells, it remains protected from your immune system. Herpes is not a special virus; your immune system has the power to fight it back but because it is able to lay dormant in protected cells, your immune system is unable to remove it from your body. But with strong reactive herbal medication is capable of getting rid of the virus gradually and totally from your body within just 14days without damaging any of your cells. Natural herbs kills the bad cells carrying the herpes virus totally! within just 14 days. I am not a medical doctor but i get cured from a herbal doctor who name is Dr abumere with his natural herbal medicine within just 14 days and his medicine is% 100 safe and it has no side effects. A lot of people have been cured of herpes with his herbal medicine.for more info contact Dr abumere via doctorabumrer6@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2349021975055

28. Jackie Callahan on May 3, 2021 at 1:16 am

Fantastic! So informative. Thank you!

29. Linda Jones on May 3, 2021 at 1:16 am

Would you please tell your viewers how to harvest these herbs and store them.

30. Mary Inabnet on May 3, 2021 at 1:18 am

Please go on and start your message this too much miscellaneous information prior to okay just get going with the basics of the reason you are on YouTube go ahead thank you

31. C C on May 3, 2021 at 1:18 am

I just got holy basil this year from Hudson valley seed co from my local Adams fair care farms and I’m so excited to try it bc it’s an adaptogen. I am growing a lot of the common ones growing. Calendula, dill, chamomile garlic, peppermint hopefully overwintered, I hope my thyme over wintered and just started some oregano

32. Michael Sallee on May 3, 2021 at 1:19 am

all members of the mint family in containers.

33. Donna Radu on May 3, 2021 at 1:19 am

I’ve long loved horseradish, especially on hot roast beef sandwiches. But when I spent a couple of years in Romania during the communist era, I enjoyed the local use of horseradish as a winter salad. Just peel and finely grate the root sphere, and serve it covered with a mixture of white vinegar, water and salt.

34. Carmen Bugeja on May 3, 2021 at 1:20 am

Thanks so much for sharing.

35. Chandler Savage on May 3, 2021 at 1:22 am

I was happy when you talked about Peppermint, which has been my favorite herb lately due to being good for my digestion issues and possible candida overgrowth in my gut, so it’s also anti-fungal. I also find it both uplifting and soothing, which is great for my depression and anxiety. Such a versatile herb! I just bought a pound of it from Amazon and have been enjoying the menthol in my teas.

36. Redlily on May 3, 2021 at 1:23 am

Calendula seeds look like dragons… I would add Soloman Seal for tendonitis or calcified shoulder.. As a salve it works wonders. Cottonwood buds for muscle pain. I just harvested nearly a quart from a downed cotton wood today.

37. SWEEPS Harriette on May 3, 2021 at 1:25 am

The first year I started gardening peppermint took over everything! I absolutely love planting it in pots, and it comes back every year.

38. Oshun Naturals on May 3, 2021 at 1:28 am

Absolutely love this video ❤️ I would like to add

Comfrey
    Fennel
    stinging nettle
    St johnwort

39. frank handerson on May 3, 2021 at 1:28 am

thank God I was able to get my permanent cure from dr. owobu.dr. owobu on YouTube.dr. owobu on HIV & Herpes

40. jennifer mancia on May 3, 2021 at 1:31 am

I contracted herpes’ I was told there is no Herpes cure except treatment to control it. I totally lost hope. All I could think was losing my life because it was so embarrassing to have this virus, few weeks ago I read about a possible natural cure which was guaranteed. And I ordered the treatment after some weeks I got 100% cure. Now I’m so excited to share this testimony thanks Dr Apala Email:dr.apalaherbalhome@gmail.com

41. Turab Ahmad on May 3, 2021 at 1:31 am

What a knowledge .thank u madam

42. Azizur Khan on May 3, 2021 at 1:33 am

Excellent vedio presentation.

43. Llalassu Skry on May 3, 2021 at 1:34 am

It’s a very significant issue, I think- a sort of low vitality syndrome, in the land. I’ve written about two subtle, or occult shifts which would benefit: the National Direction, NW (Royal Chartreuse Ray), change to West- changing the name to Nova Scotia would cause this direction change; would be better. Second, Patriarchal Attribution Direction, change from approx. EEN to NNE; do so by understanding there is no longer an Anglican attribution possible- only with Draik’s other son, father of Celtics is it possible; Scottish Gaelic would actually be the best language to speak; goddess Bellona or Brittanie has been removed from Hierarchy; (Scotia and Caillyech are Mahadevis, Qore or Kore the special Friend deity of Scotland however)… in the realm of medicine, the two best things for this syndrome would be Orange Tree flower essence, and Haematite gem-elixer- this is the informancy from certain channelling. Tea- I wouldn’t recommend Green Tea; Bigelow or Twinings Black tea I would, for a need one might have, or wise application.

44. BETTY IKE-NWOSU on May 3, 2021 at 1:35 am

I am interested. How can I learn more of herbs.
    How can I start? Thank you

45. CaseyM on May 3, 2021 at 1:36 am

Your herbal videos are some of my favorites.

46. Mrs Felicia on May 3, 2021 at 1:37 am

47. Melanie Jaegli on May 3, 2021 at 1:38 am

When planting all.of these how much spacing should be left between each different herb? Do most people just have one garden for herbs or mixed into or throughout vegetable garden?

48. Tatania Jane on May 3, 2021 at 1:38 am

"Urbs" !?? 🤔😅

49. Adina Furqan on May 3, 2021 at 1:40 am

I tried so hard and got so far in the end……………..
    I see description and ther were names of herbs!!

50. BETTY IKE-NWOSU on May 3, 2021 at 1:41 am

Do you have a book or pls recommend one for me