Learn how to grow medicinal and edible herbs in your garden with this medicinal plants introduction of our homestead herbal garden spring tour. My favorite medicinal plants and their uses and their best growing conditions and tips. These also double as an herbal tea garden, score! ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

How to Make Herbal Infused Oil with Dried Herbs https://youtu.be/Xa6ziDGN0U0

How to make Nettle Leaf Tea https://melissaknorris.com/wild-edible-plants-make-nettle-leaf-tea/

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea – Grow Your Own Herbal Tea & Fruit https://youtu.be/MWYxpihxbaE

My BOOKS (affiliate links):
The Made-from-Scratch Life: Simple Ways to Create a Natural Home https://amzn.to/2E95nIE
Hand Made: the Modern Guide to Made-from-Scratch Living https://amzn.to/2GFIBcR Full HERBAL use chart, growing and herbal recipes!!!

Let’s get social:
Pioneering Today Homestead Blog https://melissaknorris.com/blog/
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/melissaknor…
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/melissaknorris/
Pinterest https://pinterest.com/melissaknorris

Grow Medicinal and Edible Herbs in Your Garden – Medicinal Plants Introduction (Herb Garden TOUR) https://youtu.be/WA5dwrz_QTM

1. Glenn Davie on May 4, 2021 at 12:45 am

Melissa, thanks for the informative video on Herbs. I have several herbs started from seeds in my grow room. The cool weather herbs are being hardened off as we speak and will be going into my new Green Stalk. The remainder in my raised beds. Zone 5b suburban Chicago.

2. EcoCentric Homestead on May 4, 2021 at 12:50 am

Since you asked… I am building up my list of herbs/ medicinal plants. Currently I have 26 varieties. I am building a written list so I can research on wither and how I can grow them here.
    5:36 an example: Venlafaxine and St. John’s Wort act on the same nerve receptors. If you take the herb while on the medication, you risk overdose symptoms.

3. Robin Tazelaar on May 4, 2021 at 12:50 am

I would like to plant a medicinal garden. Can you tell me what plants go together well?

4. Sol Massages on May 4, 2021 at 12:51 am

I love this video! You talk slow enough to understand and retain the information. Thank you for in depth descriptions but not over my head!

5. Rio is the Best on May 4, 2021 at 12:52 am

Great video!

6. Frank Catanzaro on May 4, 2021 at 12:53 am

WOW! I’M TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH YOU! LOL,,,,,, OH, and I also love ALL of your videos! LOL

7. Kim Maxwell on May 4, 2021 at 12:54 am

Yes, I am interested in learning more about growing and using herbs and natural remedies. Thank you, Kim

8. Loretta Loveland on May 4, 2021 at 12:55 am

Yes want grow herbs but live in the desert, my lavender dies in the summer in 120 heat, also basil dies quickly

9. Toni Shields on May 4, 2021 at 1:00 am

soory great video but the dogs " willy " has photobmbed u lol

10. Hannah Jones on May 4, 2021 at 1:01 am

I’ve just found your video while searching for some ideas and guidance, having just thought that it might be really nice, to turn a small patch of gravel covered ground at the front of my bungalow property, into a small herb garden-cum-social space, where one or two neighbours, friends, family, might like to come to sit, have coffee and chat. It’s a sun trap and can get very hot, but also catches a lot of prevailing wind, and is on the crossroads of our oft times quite busy housing estate. But it’s nestled between two walls of the house, and one wall or the garage, and I really think it has some potential for such a development. Your video has inspired me further, and I will talk to a friendly gardening neighbour, who I’m sure would love to involve herself, so I’ve written this comment for general interest, and to thank you for your very nice video. Estate’s such as this one, are boring places, especially out front, where almost everyone has created plain old parking spaces for several vehicles, none of which sights is conducive to inviting conversation or general interest, sadly, but rather the opposite. Maybe we can change that here, albeit only a little bit๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

11. sandy green on May 4, 2021 at 1:02 am

Yes I would like to learn how to grow both and how to dry and combine for teas

12. Les Mohr on May 4, 2021 at 1:04 am

I want to learn more about herbs and what Rose’s you can eat

13. debrabelz on May 4, 2021 at 1:05 am

High mountain desert… osha plant? Elecampaigne?

14. Silvia Perez on May 4, 2021 at 1:06 am

Thank you for being so generous with your knowledge.

15. sm49 on May 4, 2021 at 1:07 am

Love this. Yum

16. Noel Adams on May 4, 2021 at 1:08 am

Thank you for spreading the wealth of information. I liked and subscribed, and look forward to gaining more knowledge in your other videos.

17. autumn roberts on May 4, 2021 at 1:09 am

Best video I have found so far!

18. Liberty Stuff'n'Things Reviews on May 4, 2021 at 1:09 am

I just found this channel this evening. Very interesting. Thank you.

19. Eliza Simms on May 4, 2021 at 1:10 am

I am really interested in having a serious medical plant garden. For all of the medical needs. Such as swelling, things to help with infections, cold flu, stomach problems, tooth pain, body pain, anxiety, stress, ECT, I especially want to use a plant that has the properties of asperin or Ibprophen. The works. But I Don’t even know where to begin…. I feel a little overwhelmed. But I want to do it asap.

20. Brad Pittsburgh on May 4, 2021 at 1:11 am

Am thankful to DR EDES HERBAL MEDICINE ON YOUTUBE for helping me get rid of my herpes virus
    https://dredesherbalhome.weebly.com/store/p1/HERPES_CURE.html โค๏ธ

21. Karen D on May 4, 2021 at 1:11 am

Also just found you. Love your channel

22. Brenda Fuller on May 4, 2021 at 1:11 am

I would like to start growing a medicine garden

23. Sopheak KH on May 4, 2021 at 1:16 am

Good to share Medicinal Plant, herbs.
    I love herbs too๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿปโค๏ธ

24. Father Time on May 4, 2021 at 1:17 am

I have a very large extensive garden , 1 acre of everything you could possible think of. My family is tired of me pointing at stuff and telling them what it is good for. My children are 10,12 and I think it’s important for them to know that the earth could heal us long before big pharma.

25. Jan Snell on May 4, 2021 at 1:17 am

Great video! Do you have any info on growing and harvesting yarrow for medicinal purposes?

26. lynd on May 4, 2021 at 1:19 am

Stinging netle…when I drank this on my period and it stop monthly from coming for a day…. I got so scared but then my sister she been drinking it more than me and her monthly skip a couple of months….anyone ever had this experience with netle plant

27. Sondra Longbrake on May 4, 2021 at 1:20 am

I need to know more about harvesting, drying, making teas, oils, specifically how to use them medicinally, I.e., do you chew them fresh, dry them for tea, etc.? And how and how long do you store them?

28. Kimmy Gibblerrr on May 4, 2021 at 1:20 am

I would love to see more videos like this, especially one about herbs for pregnant/ breastfeeding women and one for young children

29. KC on May 4, 2021 at 1:21 am

I plan on incorporating medicinal herbs into my balcony container garden. Your video helped because I am looking for plants that will thrive in mostly/partial shade. It appears stinging nettle is one.

30. Sikho Sikhao on May 4, 2021 at 1:22 am

how to grow ashwagandha plant at home ?

31. Landon Hall on May 4, 2021 at 1:23 am

Added a herb garden this year. Nothing popping up yet, we’ll see what happens.

32. Garythedog3 on May 4, 2021 at 1:24 am

Thank you. More info please.

33. Indian Vedic Health on May 4, 2021 at 1:25 am

Awesome

34. rmuya on May 4, 2021 at 1:25 am

Yes please. More videos and information on herbs would be great. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

35. K Rybka on May 4, 2021 at 1:26 am

So informative! Iโ€™d love to learn about growing and especially harvesting lemon balm

36. Angie Peevy on May 4, 2021 at 1:26 am

I am interested in learning everything!

37. Damelis Mule on May 4, 2021 at 1:27 am

I would like start a medicinal garden,weโ€™re can buy the plants

38. Green Tangerine on May 4, 2021 at 1:27 am

OK i admit it. I seen this video on my youtube feed and watched the whole thing to see this pretty lady speak. If she wasn’t quite so sweet and pretty I might not have watched. What a nice and pleasant girl she is with a helpful bit of information.

39. ุนูŠุงุฏุฉ ุงู„ุทุจ ุงู„ุชูƒู…ูŠู„ูŠ ุงุฎุตุงุฆูŠ ู…ุญู…ุฏ ุงู„ุดุนูŠุจูŠ on May 4, 2021 at 1:29 am

Good

40. Charles Bale on May 4, 2021 at 1:29 am

Definitely interested in expanding my knowledge of growing medicinal herbs.

41. Lehandra Townson on May 4, 2021 at 1:29 am

Hi. Thankyou for this video. I am very interested in learning about medicinal herbs and would love to start a herb garden. The weather here (Scotland) is a little tricky so I think it will have to be inside. I have only just found this video and look forward to others as it is so informative. Thankyou again x

42. Jackie Callahan on May 4, 2021 at 1:30 am

Excellent talk! Im interested in all of your medicinal herbs videos, especially about how to grow them!

43. Michelle Lengjel on May 4, 2021 at 1:31 am

Yes can you do a class on herbs from harvest to end results

44. Gayathri Nagarajan on May 4, 2021 at 1:34 am

Thats nice…we too have a greens vegetable and herbs garden.at our terrace

45. CJ D on May 4, 2021 at 1:34 am

When your sitting on the stairs..are those butter cups behind you? I saw big ones like that today in my yard. As a kid I remember them very low to ground. These high ones look exactly like those.

46. Steve Whitson on May 4, 2021 at 1:35 am

Really pertinent information and many plants which are new to me as herbs! Thanks!

47. Karen D on May 4, 2021 at 1:36 am

Yes I want to learn. What kind if sage? Or is there More than 1 type of safe? I’ve search and still searching herb gardens. This is the one I’m definitely following. So yes I want to learn and grow herb gardensโค

48. Sidney Thompson on May 4, 2021 at 1:36 am

Awesome video, thank you so much! I would love to be half as knowledgeable as you concerning herbs. From growing to making oils, tinctures, tea’s, etc. Yes please, have more!!!!

49. Kanzee on May 4, 2021 at 1:38 am

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’–

50. ed rand on May 4, 2021 at 1:40 am

Going to start my medicinal garden this year.