Organizing My Gardening Tools

Organizing My Gardening Tools

I decided my new years resolution was to organize my garden tools.
I built more than 20 feet of tool rack for under $25.

Please Share & Subscribe

1. Jacob Lockcuff on May 8, 2021 at 12:21 am

I make the same mistake every time. It’s so much easier to just throw my shovels in the garage or lean them up against the house, or to throw them in the truck bed, than it is to put them where they belong in the shed. It takes consistent self discipline, and a lot of it.

2. Lee on May 8, 2021 at 12:21 am

At least you laughed about your mistakes it was funny. Thanks

3. Gotee Gotee on May 8, 2021 at 12:23 am

I did the same thing. There is variety of those cheap hooks for bikes, ladders, hangers etc. They look good also. No need to buy expensive storage systems.

4. sfbdotcom on May 8, 2021 at 12:23 am

I like you!! Finally an American who gets a job done without fuss and without an arsenal of machine tools the average bloke in the street (UK saying) simply does not have access to. I feel I could actually emulate you and that the skills needed are not beyond my own. So thank you. ps love the odd cock-up too, just proves you are human. However just a bit of a tip for increasing your views; wear some very short shorts and lipstick. Seems to work for Miss whatever her name is (with the arsenal of machine tools) On reflection, maybe just stay as you are! Cheers!

5. joseph Norcal USA #1 on May 8, 2021 at 12:23 am

helpful information, thank you for sharing !!!

6. melovescoffee on May 8, 2021 at 12:24 am

Nice system. Maybe write under every screw what it was that was supposed to hang on it and then you also know exactly what you’re missing so you can go find it out in the garden. Sticking corks or a length of pvc pipe filled with sturdy foam with holes on the teeth is also a nice tip for the garden forks in case you have children, grandchildren or pets running around in there. Works for axes too. saw a section out lengthways, fill it with foam and stick it on the sharp bits.

7. Jairo Rivera on May 8, 2021 at 12:24 am

Ehh thats good enough——————LOL

8. Herr Wabbaloo on May 8, 2021 at 12:26 am

I’m doing this now, a New Year’s resolution for 2018.

9. Dorothy Emal on May 8, 2021 at 12:28 am

Thanks for this idea, great job. I was wondering if you are still using this rack, since it’s almost been one year ?

10. Raul Padilla on May 8, 2021 at 12:30 am

So how does the rack look now? I hope it’s still organized lol!!!

11. Tony O on May 8, 2021 at 12:31 am

This is great 👍🏽. You should have your own show.

12. mourningwarbler on May 8, 2021 at 12:31 am

Turn the pokey hay fork points to the wall, my dad would say.

13. John Phillip R. Pesebre on May 8, 2021 at 12:33 am

man you make me laugh when you are laughing at yourself

14. Off Grid Homesteading With The Skinners on May 8, 2021 at 12:34 am

Looks real good. My life story (disorganized )… If my head wasn’t attached I’d probably loose it lol.

15. pearl honey 2019 on May 8, 2021 at 12:36 am

Best video ever well explained

16. Rolando L on May 8, 2021 at 12:37 am

Cool thanks

17. Patrick Lestrade on May 8, 2021 at 12:41 am

You have inspired me! And I love your onscreen personality! Thanks

18. Finland Farm on May 8, 2021 at 12:43 am

It’s amazing the amount of self discipline it takes to be organized and to just put things back where they belong. Hope your new setup works.

19. Buddy on May 8, 2021 at 12:44 am

You were funny i learn to make one like this myself the way u make it its defiantly very helpful

20. JJfoff on May 8, 2021 at 12:44 am

One thing I’ve learned to organize is to Not buying too many stuffs. I meant why would you have to have two similar tools. Buy one tool that can do multiple tasks if possible.

21. Aubrey-Rose Stacy on May 8, 2021 at 12:45 am

thank you! this simplified an idea i had in my head. we made a ladder rack that leans against the wall today.

22. Self Sufficient Me on May 8, 2021 at 12:49 am

I’m always losing my rake lol… Top idea for a garden tool rack! Cheers 🙂

23. Samy Ismael on May 8, 2021 at 12:49 am

Those grey hooks are awesome! I have a couple screwed in my bedroom wall and hang my guns on them vertically.

24. Joe Momma on May 8, 2021 at 12:50 am

The board that didn’t reach the stud. I would still put in a toggle bolt for future reference, just saying. Doesn’t look like it’s green wood. Nice clip btw

25. Joaquin Suarez on May 8, 2021 at 12:51 am

Good job.
    You can number the hooks and the tools with a marker so you don’t forget where they go. A marker will cost you under a dollar.

26. Ali on May 8, 2021 at 12:54 am

Great video and very nice fun personality. Keep up the good work. 🙂

27. Vicky Toshach on May 8, 2021 at 12:54 am

What a great idea!!!

28. teentj on May 8, 2021 at 12:55 am

easiest way would be to draw a contour with a marker or sth of sort. this way you always know what SHOULD be there if it isnt.

29. Peggy Elmhorst on May 8, 2021 at 12:56 am

You should move the pitchfork on the upper level, someone could get hurt while passing by.

30. Sabah’s World on May 8, 2021 at 12:56 am

Where did u get those hooks from?

31. Scott Oakley on May 8, 2021 at 1:02 am

Well done. An Amazon link to the hooks would help tho….Scott

32. عباس الوائلي on May 8, 2021 at 1:05 am

33. Marcus Leach on May 8, 2021 at 1:05 am

2×4 for two bucks? 😭 man I hate COVID

34. Rolando L on May 8, 2021 at 1:06 am

Were did u get those hooks?

35. girladylocks on May 8, 2021 at 1:06 am

You have THE cutest giggle in the world! lol Thank you for the OCD inspiration! LOVE it!

36. Siafu Linux on May 8, 2021 at 1:07 am

$2 for a 2×4?

37. Mocca Sulistio on May 8, 2021 at 1:07 am

Thank you for your video, sir. Very helpful. The million dollar question now is are you still organized? I hope you are. Also, my suggestion is to label each space with a marker so that you know which tool should go back to.

38. BobMel simple living on May 8, 2021 at 1:08 am

Dude that is exactly what I did years age. Same hooks too. Best wishes Bob.

39. Ben V on May 8, 2021 at 1:08 am

Very clever. I’ll do the same over here in Holland 😉

40. Karen Francis on May 8, 2021 at 1:09 am

Hi… great video… this is just what I need. What are those hooks called please? I’ve never seen horseshoe shaped ones like that…

41. State of art on May 8, 2021 at 1:09 am

I work out of a van. I have to stay organized. I have pictures on my IPad I refer to when I forget where something is placed. I work with the IPad all day so it makes quick reference for me. Also, you could number the tools and number the hangers. I color code tools with color electrical tape. Also, I recommend you categorize your tools. You don’t need each tool regularly. Some tools like rakes are everyday tools. Those should be located closest to the door. The least used tool should be dropped into a milk crate to similar box to save wall space. You don’t need EVERY tool everyday. Set up on the wall just your usual tools. My 2 cents.

42. Linda Penney on May 8, 2021 at 1:11 am

Awesome update thank you for sharing have a blessed day

43. limpdickit on May 8, 2021 at 1:11 am

for years my excuse for everything was that i needed a decent garage, well……i finally got one 3 years ago and now my excuse is ….I really need to get organized!!! i just put up a rack for my extension cords the other day now i’m looking for something for my garden tools……thanks for the idea, but i’m really cheap…i think for most of my rakes and shovels and things two 3" deck screws will work and be cheaper than your 99cent hooks…..great video and i think we may be a lot alike…P.S. i’ve been looking for one rake for over 2 years….LOL!!

44. SuperGolfgal on May 8, 2021 at 1:12 am

Oh, you are funny! I laughed, but I love what you’ve done and I am going to stop being lazy myself. Well done!

45. Ahany ym on May 8, 2021 at 1:12 am

Hahahah I love your intro. New subscriber!

46. Michael Yarber on May 8, 2021 at 1:13 am

Where did you buy
    the hooks?

47. Tom Spallone on May 8, 2021 at 1:16 am

It’s a personality thing. My wife is like that and I just don’t understand it. Why on earth would you take a tool, use it, and then replace it in the same EXACT spot upon finishing with it? It’s beyond me.
    And then, she complains that she can’t find anything!
    Bizarre.

48. chevy6299 on May 8, 2021 at 1:16 am

LOL I like how the drill bit stayed in the wood then disappeared.

49. DesertDigger1 on May 8, 2021 at 1:18 am

How come you didn’t just use the sheet rock screws for hangers too instead of investing in hangers?

50. Jeff Ihnen on May 8, 2021 at 1:19 am

Who built this shed, Ray Charles? Hahahahahahaha oh man that’s a good one. I’ll try to remember that one 😂