20 BEST Garden Tools I ALWAYS Use (Non Powered)

20 BEST Garden Tools I ALWAYS Use (Non Powered)

In this video, I give you my 20 BEST garden tools I ALWAYS use here when I’m gardening at home.

Hoselink 10% off as mention in the video: ย This discount is no longer available – sorry.

Check out www.gardentoolsnow.com/ for tools such as the Prong I recommend to use and get 7.5% off the purchase price.

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/selfsufficientme (the top tier $25 AU enables mentoring from yours truly via an exclusive VIP email where I will answer your questions etc ASAP).

My second channel: https://bit.ly/331edDu

Using the links below also helps support my channel:
Help support the Channel and buy a T-shirt/Merchandise from our Spreadshirt shop: https://goo.gl/ygrXwU or Teespring https://bit.ly/2Z5t0f6

Go here to get Birdies Raised Garden bed in the USA: https://shop.epicgardening.com/ and use SSME2020 for a 5% discount (unfortunately discount doesn’t apply in Australia or UK)

Shop for plants or garden equip on eBay Australia: https://bit.ly/2BPCykb

Blog: http://www.selfsufficientme.com/ (use the search bar on my website to find info on certain subjects or gardening ideas)

Forum: http://www.selfsufficientculture.com

Facebook: https://bit.ly/2Zi5kDv

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SufficientMe

Subscribe to my channel: http://goo.gl/cpbojR

Self Sufficient Me is based on our small 3-acre property/homestead in SE Queensland Australia about 45kms north of Brisbane – the climate is subtropical (similar to Florida). I started Self Sufficient Me in 2011 as a blog website project where I document and write about backyard food growing, self-sufficiency, and urban farming in general. I love sharing my foodie and DIY adventures online so come along with me and let’s get into it! Cheers, Mark ๐Ÿ™‚

1. John Kreitter on May 10, 2021 at 12:25 am

A hammer is organic ๐Ÿ˜†

2. AnotherSavior on May 10, 2021 at 12:25 am

gone through quite a few tools at bunnings lately…. I do recommend Fiskar if you get a chance to review some, really light and I think they have a 20year warranty.

3. J.L. Thurman on May 10, 2021 at 12:26 am

I use a hoe, a hand tool that looks like a small plow blade turned into a hand trowel – of a sort. A sort of fork I call the claw, and a small single hooked claw thing I use for making rows.

4. bernard jakovac on May 10, 2021 at 12:27 am

One of my favorite garden tools for weeding is a dutch hoe. yes I know the jokes, but it is a seriously useful and easy tool to use.

5. Carol Grace on May 10, 2021 at 12:29 am

The picture on the video, and on your tee shirt is very satanic ๐Ÿ‘ symbol of the devil, are you a Mason ???

6. LastResortBlades on May 10, 2021 at 12:30 am

i want one of your shirts. send me a link I’lll buy one. love your channel.

7. fartpluswetone on May 10, 2021 at 12:30 am

Cultivators, great tools they are.

Especially the push-cultivators, or the hand cultivators.

8. Cyanna Holmes on May 10, 2021 at 12:30 am

I like my stirrup hoe in the garden, I use the regular hoe for scraping out the chicken barn and nests.

9. RYNO 4EVER on May 10, 2021 at 12:31 am

Now that he mentions it, Mark is pretty jacked.

10. T Wilson on May 10, 2021 at 12:33 am

"This is Australia, if I had to stop for every animal that starts screaming at me then I’d be here all day"

๐Ÿคฃ this is the Aussie way, especially when you’re trying to have a conversation with a couple people around a bunch of cocky’s. They just scream louder than you hahaha

11. Wolffang s on May 10, 2021 at 12:33 am

I’ve never used one before but people seem to love hori horis

12. Charles Waters on May 10, 2021 at 12:34 am

Oh man, that Star Picker! I use my 3 ton car jack which weights a ton, with a bunch of straps, which often fail. Your tool is so much easier. I’ve never seen one in the states.

13. nathan smith on May 10, 2021 at 12:34 am

is that hammer organic tho?

14. Sassy Sasquatch on May 10, 2021 at 12:34 am

That plastic mount on the hoselink reel will snap quickly

15. Charles Roberts on May 10, 2021 at 12:35 am

When I was a kid I found the strawberries tasted the best right after it rained

16. Donavin Nezar on May 10, 2021 at 12:35 am

my hoe doesnt see use in soil
    our yard is completely paved and it just so happens that the hoe was perfect to use for picking up dogshit when paired with a dustpan

17. Matt Pastell on May 10, 2021 at 12:37 am

At the end of a difficult day, nothing eases my mind like hand watering!

18. Brenton Paterson on May 10, 2021 at 12:40 am

How have I never seen the prong! How long have I used a long crow bar and a block of wood. Iโ€™ll be buying one for sure.

19. Charles Roberts on May 10, 2021 at 12:40 am

I like you last saw

20. Edgar on May 10, 2021 at 12:41 am

AOC….. 0:07

21. Sherry The Secretary Andersen on May 10, 2021 at 12:41 am

Don’t worry about the background noise. Most of the time we don’t hear it. And if the bird sounds come through, it helps to add authenticity to your video. Personally, I love hearing the birds laughing and talking.

22. Timothy davis on May 10, 2021 at 12:44 am

I wish I was a little wombat or tropical ‘possum’ cruising around your garden nibbling here and there! I want to live there in your garden of Eden!

23. Ruth Moore on May 10, 2021 at 12:48 am

Great homemade wooden tool handle on your saw, very cool tool.

24. David Menhennett on May 10, 2021 at 12:48 am

Thank you again. You always make me smile.

25. Al on May 10, 2021 at 12:50 am

Cattle panels make for a great trellis.

26. Sonia G on May 10, 2021 at 12:50 am

Hello Mr. SSM, I am awed by your gardening prowess. It must require a lot of muscle and stamina to work your 3 acres. I love the raised containers and wonder how you empty them. I am 5 foot nothing, and wonder how someone like myself could empty old soil. I have a small yard, no composting, with only a short ladder at my side. Maybe I could rent the smallest backhoe, a Frodo Baggins 2000xs. Does your wife have similar issues?

27. Charlie and the Vegetable Factory on May 10, 2021 at 12:52 am

I use a Garden Hand Trowel Shovel Spade Digging Gardening Tool, https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Trowel-Shovel-Digging-Gardening/dp/B01MTUFBAB.
    Comes in handy for transplant like tomatoes. I can dig a small hole deep to place tomatoes in

28. Oneugly man on May 10, 2021 at 12:54 am

i use my gas powered lawn mower as much as i use pitch fork. grinding, cutting, mulching all for compost.

29. John Ossendorf on May 10, 2021 at 12:54 am

Some of my favorites are a long handle heavy grub hoe, long handle round point shovel and all steel spades both D-hande and straight long handle with a 6 wide by 15 inch tall blade and 6 feet over all. I keep the all steel D-hande spade in my truck nearly everywhere I go.

30. Timothy davis on May 10, 2021 at 12:59 am

Thrilling! The boisterous Cockatails are confrontational! They don’t like you near their nut and fruit trees!

31. Zachary Storrud on May 10, 2021 at 12:59 am

Keep it up, always a pleasure watching, and
    Semper Fi mate

32. Crafty Pam on May 10, 2021 at 1:01 am

I’d be lost without my Speed Weeder. I got it maybe 8 years ago, and use it nearly every day. It’s a simple hand tool; a hook on a handle. Made in New Zealand, bought in Derbyshire, UK. I use it to weed, hoe, rake, "fluff" & make drills. It gets under the weeds, so you can apply leverage to the bottom of the weed while pulling on the top. I have arthritis in my hands, so big, long handled tools can be difficult to use.

33. Just Some Person on May 10, 2021 at 1:03 am

Well, a tool not to miss IMHO is the good ol’ Swiss Army Knife. It’s not the perfect tool for any job, but with a sharp knife, a wood saw, a wide flat-head screwdriver (for a bit of digging), or the tool itself (for a bit of hammering) in my pocket, it’s a quick easy solution to a lot of problems that save me a trip back to the shed for the right tool for the job. LOL Sometimes it’s not the perfect tool that wins, but the one you have on you. And I’ve gotten more than my money’s worth, and abused, the heck out of mine. Best investment ever.

34. Jose Last name on May 10, 2021 at 1:04 am

Mini pickaxe/mattock

35. Kirsty Gibbons on May 10, 2021 at 1:05 am

Bloody brilliant mate ๐Ÿ‘

36. Cevaiom D on May 10, 2021 at 1:06 am

I use a ho in my garden all the time. She’s also handy at the washing and in the bedroom.

37. The green Dabbler on May 10, 2021 at 1:09 am

Do you ever use a sieve? here in italy we have a thing for hoe’s. lol. I have a variety but its because i work alot directly in the ground. Stay well and keep the videos coming.

38. J.L. Thurman on May 10, 2021 at 1:10 am

For the bags, and I’ve just got the hang of them/ Hold the bag so its product name and whatnot faces you. cut the mess off and then get the back string and pull. It should work. works on potato and feed sacks I use.

39. Shannon Reynolds on May 10, 2021 at 1:12 am

Aha! I knew there was a story behind those guns!

40. gray man on May 10, 2021 at 1:14 am

twine.

41. Ennsey on May 10, 2021 at 1:14 am

im broke i use my hands lol but also my garden is 1/20 the size

42. Nate S on May 10, 2021 at 1:14 am

FYI, you wouldn’t be able to keep your E-Tool once you leave the military these days. Unless of course you want to pay premium price ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I loved the forearm comment as well and it make sense. Time to start digging some trenches!

43. Roo Nique on May 10, 2021 at 1:15 am

I love this video. so informative! ๐Ÿ˜€ My fave tool at the moment is a long handled tiller. Having fibro makes it difficult to bend and turn the soil with a fork, so a long handled tiller is very useful for me ๐Ÿ™‚

44. Bryan Seeds on May 10, 2021 at 1:16 am

That 3rd hand saw is some amazing ingenuity & it’s something that I’d fabricate to repurpose a tool too. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ love it sir!

45. Matt Pastell on May 10, 2021 at 1:16 am

When I have to plant a tree I take along a shovel and a 6 foot wrecking bar. I have no shortage of rocks!

46. Deborah Hughes on May 10, 2021 at 1:17 am

do you have a video on how you built your garden beds? Wondering if there is a wood frame inside? Love your videos.

47. Ouch on May 10, 2021 at 1:18 am

Found a 5lb sledge when I started trucking in my first truck 9 years ago, still going strong lol

48. Charles Roberts on May 10, 2021 at 1:19 am

In the USA we have a catalog for Amish or Mennonites for non electronic tools and household goods that you may be interested in itโ€™s called Lehmanโ€™s general store in Ohio USA if you canโ€™t find it contact me . They charge $5.00 for it now or u can order on line

49. Sky Crain on May 10, 2021 at 1:21 am

I use a hand hoe/3 prong fork. Think it was labeled as a cultivator tool when I got it… but its good for digging, chopping, prying, raking… awesome little thing.

50. EC Keall on May 10, 2021 at 1:25 am

Those prong tools look identical to the kล weโ€™ve been using in NZ for centuries haha, guess that counts as convergent design