Build a 4×8 Raised Garden Bed for $50! This Hack Makes it Stronger With No Wood (almost)

How to build a raised garden bed cheap in an hour. Using a hack to make it stronger and safer without using wood on the top and sides, it looks great but cost a ton less. I’ve seen lots of garden boxes made with corrugated roofing but I’ve never seen one using this method. Wood prices are insane right now but I wanted to build a raised that was affordable but strong using as little wood as possible while retaining strength. I used some reclaimed Cypress wood 2×4 posts that I had for the corners. You could find enough wood for this project for free somewhere without spending money at the lumber yard. You could even use pallet wood to make this planter. Thanks for watching!

👍 SUBSCRIBE: https://bit.ly/2Iy7PK3

Milwaukee 2445-20 M12 Jig Saw tool Only

Milwaukee M12 Fuel 2 Pc Kit- 1/2″ Hammer Drill & 1/4″ Impact

Building Raised Garden Beds

Don’t buy a new Generator until you watch this!

Turning our home into a homestead

Tips and Tricks to Save Time and Money

Making the ULTIMATE Workbench

As we try to turn our home into a homestead I hope to inspire you to take on DIY projects of your own. I’ll be working in our garden, building fun projects, working on my trailer conversion, and lots more!

1. Ed Farler on May 10, 2021 at 12:27 am

My lucky day, found a comedian gardener

2. Ivan Guthrie on May 10, 2021 at 12:27 am

Only 50 for some of the materials and another 50 for some of the tools and oh ya forgot to calculate in transportation cost and oh ya electricity that also … what else have I forgotten about the actual total cost of this project…?…Several seasons to break even with this method. Made my own beds using lumber from trees cleared to make the garden and made money first season, all done by hand with primitive tools, all profit. Garden stores and suppliers love gardeners like this, probably why youtube suggested it and the promotion fee given by channel which would technically be included in total price of the raised beds bringing the grand total to: you do not know what you are actually doing and 0 cents.

3. Treston Kline on May 10, 2021 at 12:27 am

Aviation shears are quieter

4. kc bck on May 10, 2021 at 12:27 am

Canned fish, guaranteed to not turn pink…

5. Andre Anthony on May 10, 2021 at 12:27 am

Man your funny , like your build and going to use your tips to build my son a garden bed . thank you

6. Charles Roberts on May 10, 2021 at 12:30 am

If you turn
    The blade backwards on your circular saw it will cut right through that corrugated tin

7. Tavaris Jones on May 10, 2021 at 12:31 am

I avoid pressure treated wood for garden beds. However the process has changed over the years. It use to be arsenic, and now I believe its copper based. The copper is supposed to be safe. As for how long it will last, I’ve had 2×10 kd pine boards last less than 2yrs in my first beds, and 2×6 rough milled cedar last less than 5yrs.

8. S W on May 10, 2021 at 12:32 am

Birdies beds far more robust, The steel you are using will be lucky to last 2 seasons.

9. Sharon at SeaNicStudios on May 10, 2021 at 12:32 am

@ the 8:55 mark…YOU ARE AWESOME!

10. Charles B W on May 10, 2021 at 12:33 am

Don’t forget the 3/8 square wire to put down to keep the moles in gophers out, I don’t like making the beds that big, what I do is cut off 13 And a half inches of the ends and then split the tin in half makes a short bed that is a little higher than a foot it makes it ez to reach to the other side so when it’s all said and done the depth is 1 foot I purchase a 10 foot sheet so it makes the bed almost 8‘ x 2‘ x 1‘ deep

11. john howard on May 10, 2021 at 12:33 am

You knowwww there are probably
    Idoits watching You errr , chop
    those 4x4s ! LOLOL

12. Art Cafe on May 10, 2021 at 12:34 am

LOL – I love the humor.
    "I’m just going to Judo Chop these."

13. HAXMAN on May 10, 2021 at 12:34 am

Hi everyone. I have filled the bed and everything worked great. In hindsight I would recommend adding a second brace at the bottom like I used at the top. Mine worked without it, but you might want to add it just to be safe. Thanks!

14. angie hurd on May 10, 2021 at 12:35 am

The metal will get hot, drying the roots of the plants much faster than if you used a different material. THis will take a lot more water as well.

15. amorton94 on May 10, 2021 at 12:36 am

3:00 Corrugated decking is measured from valley to valley or peak to peak, not end to end. Just an FYI.

16. Gump on May 10, 2021 at 12:37 am

I use pretreated wood but I paint it so I’m protected. I use pre 1978 paint (very hard to find) because it has lead in it and my soil is lead deficient . . or at least I think so. I’m not sure where i got that idea. But anyhoo, good video.

17. stephanie valadez on May 10, 2021 at 12:39 am

Funny video. Love the karate chop! Would corrugated fiberglass work for a raised bed? Looking for alternatives to wood for a raised bed.

18. Art Cafe on May 10, 2021 at 12:39 am

I agree with you. Pressure treated lumber should never, ever be used for anything where food my be grown, cut or prepared.
    Pressure treated lumber is treated with Arsenic which is a pretty serious Chemical and you seriously don’t anywhere food.

In fact, if you read the warning on pressure treated lumber it states you should wear gloves when handling and a mask when cutting it.

19. crashoverride93637 on May 10, 2021 at 12:39 am

You should get that put in a t shirt " just because I do something stupid doesn’t mean you should do it "

20. cdricl on May 10, 2021 at 12:40 am

I subsribed just because you make me laugh! Plus, those are nice DIY projects you have going. Thanks for the ideas and tips!

21. Charles Long on May 10, 2021 at 12:40 am

I just discovered you, and your video’s are awesome! Don’t sweat the camera focus, I think the cameras limited AI has trouble because of the lighting angle that makes shadows on your face.

22. Chris M on May 10, 2021 at 12:42 am

Anxiety set in watching you run your hand over that blade. When you’ve run the board through, your wrist and arm are exposed. No safety glasses either?

23. FAIR RIDER on May 10, 2021 at 12:43 am

THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU WEAR GLOVES.

24. Chris Albert on May 10, 2021 at 12:45 am

good bit but how many commercials can we git in one video?

25. scottym50 on May 10, 2021 at 12:45 am

Thank you, great video now I know the way that I’m going to build mine.

26. Chris Dupree on May 10, 2021 at 12:46 am

Any risk of that metal leeching any minerals into the soil of the planter over time?

27. Purple Collar Life on May 10, 2021 at 12:49 am

Awesome idea! Keep up the great work. It’s inspiring.

28. Kono Dio Da! on May 10, 2021 at 12:50 am

little did they know the price of wood was 1 million dollars

29. T. Aaron on May 10, 2021 at 12:53 am

terrible just terrible you didn’t even put a bottom in. Why have a raised bed without a bottom

30. Rewind Reviews on May 10, 2021 at 12:54 am

Just got a ton of raised bed soil, from a rental house, so this is my next project, from your tutelage. Made the smokeless firepit it was my first of your ideas. It still works amazing, you need to patent that creation. Love your channel!

31. John Lucas on May 10, 2021 at 12:55 am

That metal is going to get hot in the Summer.

32. Shawna Gee on May 10, 2021 at 12:56 am

It’s the judosaw for me! You just gained a new subscriber! Lololololol

33. We Endure on May 10, 2021 at 1:00 am

😄

34. Jordan Bronson on May 10, 2021 at 1:01 am

*Spend $50… You will get $50 in Veggies in 2-3 years!*

35. Warriors Collection Network on May 10, 2021 at 1:01 am

Really enjoyed the video !

36. Larry Vin on May 10, 2021 at 1:02 am

Haxman…. my wife an i watched your video, had us rollin, lol. Great video! And we plan on using your build idea to do a couple of these for ourselves. Thank You! Subbed & Liked!

37. speck on May 10, 2021 at 1:03 am

I wear gloves and shooting glasses no matter what work I am doing outside because I’m one of those people who always find a way to gouge/slice something.

38. Lynn Lamirande on May 10, 2021 at 1:04 am

Loved your video. Wood prices are ridiculous so this is what I’m going with. Thanks

39. Strategic Prepper on May 10, 2021 at 1:12 am

Nice plan. Yes, wear gloves. I tried your cutting method. Works great but hand is sore. 👍🏻

40. Mary Coleman on May 10, 2021 at 1:14 am

Love your senses of humor lol

41. copperhead228 on May 10, 2021 at 1:15 am

Hahaha, I love the editing. Your karate chopping skills are very impressive.

42. Angie Kyle on May 10, 2021 at 1:15 am

If you’re using roofing screws? They should be self tapping, so you wouldn’t need a pilot hole.
    I’m doing all raised gardens. Thank you for the plans! I also almost fainted at the price of lumber

43. Cypress Blue on May 10, 2021 at 1:16 am

You could use pool noodles on the top edge if it was sharp. New to your channel. Stay safe & take care of you all. Thanks for sharing eh :))

44. Mary Miller on May 10, 2021 at 1:18 am

Any health issues with the soil being next to the metal roofing? Is it going to stay shiny or is it gonna rust over time?

45. David Jackson on May 10, 2021 at 1:20 am

Thanks for making your videos I am enjoying your ideas and thoughts on various topics and you have given me some interesting ideas. The comical statements don’t hurt either.😀

46. Shannon Bushman on May 10, 2021 at 1:21 am

could have made 2 at 1 foot tall,

47. John E. Osman III on May 10, 2021 at 1:21 am

Using the carpenters “rule of thumb” of measuring for square, take your measure tape mark your sheet, @ 3”, then go to the other perpendicular side, measure again 4”from the same center point, … when you get 5” angling between the 3” mark, & 4” marks, it will be square, at 90 degrees, … and if you measure from the bottom edge, the top edge will follow, & not move around, … this form of measuring for square can be used by the inch, foot, or yard, … it can also be used for metric, or imperial measurement. Because the process remains the same, …

48. Todd Hickman on May 10, 2021 at 1:22 am

Hi, Haxman. Great video. It’ll be interesting to see how well the metal holds up exposed to soil. I’m in the Blackland Prairie. We have very alkaline soil and not many materials last long in direct contact. That’s the reason Bois D’ Arc trees were originally brought here. One thing I wanted to point out: for strawberries, you could have made 4 beds with the same amount of material. They only need 4"-6" for root growth. Keep the videos coming.

49. Rebecca Campbell on May 10, 2021 at 1:22 am

I enjoy this channel a lot. I now have this and the smokeless fire pit on my list for this spring/summer. Also I appreciate you dont assume we know everything. For example, I wasn’t sure how to make sure that was square. So thanks for teaching that.

50. mitchell taylor on May 10, 2021 at 1:23 am

I really enjoy this video me and my wife have been wanting to do raised garden beds for quite a while but they’ve been prohibitively expensive but now I won’t have any trouble doing this