Pool Retaining Walls for Sloped Yards: Cost, Materials, and More

Pool Retaining Walls for Sloped Yards: Cost, Materials, and More

Wondering about the logistics around retaining walls to accompany your inground pool? Watch this video to learn about the cost, materials, and more for pool retaining walls for sloped yards.

In this video we answer questions like…

full article 👉 https://bit.ly/2ZoGTDx

How much does a retaining wall cost?
What is a retaining wall made out of?
Can a retaining wall hold water features?
What is a segmental wall?
Should I get a retaining wall for my pool?
What slope warrants a retaining wall for my backyard?
What are the different kinds of retaining walls?
Are any yards perfectly flat?
What do you use retaining walls for?
How do you design a retaining wall?

Did you enjoy this video? Be sure to hit like and subscribe for more information and videos about our in-ground fiberglass swimming pools.

We can also be found on these platforms –
Instagram: River Pools
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/riverpoolsandspas/
Pinterest: River Fiberglass In-Ground Pools

1. Brian McFadden on May 13, 2021 at 12:40 am

Bought a house with a fiberglass pool already installed. Also had a sloping back yard so had a retaining wall that is starting to lean. It’s also causing pavers to sink on that side. I have someone lined up to re do the wall and pavers but I’m unsure if I need to drain the pool since the side of the pool facing the wall will be exposed for a little time that day while they re do the wall and add geo-grid for support. It’s basically a 4 ft stacked wall.

Thanks

2. specialist1212 on May 13, 2021 at 12:46 am

Well, can a retaining wall act like one of the walls of the pool? Let’s say the slope is located at the end of the backyard, can there be savings to build the pool if digging might not be necessary..

3. Daniel Atkinson on May 13, 2021 at 12:51 am

$7-20k for just the wall or wall & pool??

4. Rose Xo on May 13, 2021 at 12:51 am

My garden is on a hill. So can I still have a pool. Cause the hill is quite steep.

5. Matt Kristofferson on May 13, 2021 at 12:53 am

Another great video. I noticed my pool (not a River Pool) has a 1.75" difference from end to end (deeper side being in the deep end), does that matter at all?

6. TheOCFoodSource on May 13, 2021 at 12:58 am

Hey
    How much it coast to remodel an existing retaining wall? Is that something you guys do?

7. Family Ocean on May 13, 2021 at 1:01 am

We are getting a quote for 10 grand for our retaining wall. ACK!!

8. Steve Burrington on May 13, 2021 at 1:07 am

What about wall holding pool in? I have a steep drop in back yard and looking for infiniti edge options with need for both wide and steep drop with water trough catch. I’m expecting a large expense, but curious what build options I have or is it just concrete default? Any tips aside from just calling an engineer?

9. Deb C on May 13, 2021 at 1:12 am

There was an existing pool when I bought my house. It has a not-too-steep slope on one side. one section of the concrete pool deck has sagged a few inches. Can a retaiing wall be added after the fact?

10. Chj 229 on May 13, 2021 at 1:19 am

Is it possible to use the dirt from digging the hole for your pool to level your land so u want need as much of a retaining wall if your land is sloped?

11. G M S on May 13, 2021 at 1:21 am

I’m in the process of suing my pool builder because he built my pool in a sloped yard without engineering the back wall, which protrudes from the ground gradually, but from 4-5 feet on average. It has been 2 years and my pool is significantly shifting and cracking, losing water etc. it is a disaster. Let me tell you now, if you have a sloped yard, get a retaining wall engineered. This is not optional…in my county it is actually required, so the builder is also in breach of code, but is still dragging his feet to do anything about it. Listen to this man. He knows what he is talking about.

12. ThatGuyyyyyyy on May 13, 2021 at 1:22 am

In other words.. gimmmmeee yo money!!

13. beth ramsthal on May 13, 2021 at 1:23 am

I’m considering building a pool but it would require about a 16 foot tall wall on the long side of the pool surrounding the side of the pool and one short side. Would a poured concrete wall with veneer brick be the better choice?

14. Kevin Andrew Rodriguez on May 13, 2021 at 1:24 am

what are you’re guys qualifiers?, what if I have a slope ??

15. Aimee Foster on May 13, 2021 at 1:31 am